Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 17, 2015 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, cute episode thanks to Renge and the girls again.

Also, it looks like she discovered some past photos of her friends.
Speaking of Renge, she is even more energetic than ever outdoors while chasing some dragonflies lol. The episode really gave that summer-like nostologia.
Aug 17, 2015 10:33 AM

Mar 2014
#perfecttiming

DesuTronicAug 17, 2015 11:27 AM
Aug 17, 2015 12:29 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I laughed when Hikage got busted by Hotarun making baby sounds XD

Very cute moment with the jump of Hotarun, she's lovely :)
Aug 17, 2015 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
I really can't get enough of this show. Everything is perfect.
And art is just brilliant. If only more anime nowadays could look like NNB. Even that 3D bus is awesome.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 17, 2015 12:40 PM

May 2013
Life lessons with Renge!

Aug 17, 2015 12:45 PM

Jan 2012
Another calming outing, nice to see Hikage again. The art and environment as the girls chased the dragonfly was outstandingly beautiful, but then it usually is anyway. Good job conquering your fear Hotarun. :)

I think that was Baby Renge in the preview...bring on the cuteness! :D
Aug 17, 2015 12:45 PM

Jan 2015
Babu babu.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 17, 2015 12:47 PM
Jul 2018
Hotarun caught Hikage made some baby sounds was a lol.
Aug 17, 2015 12:48 PM

Apr 2010
Hikage and the Babu babu comment was funny.
It was nice the see Hotaru overcome her fear and jump of the bridge.
Speaking of which it reminded me of a summer camp i went to when i was a kid we also jumped of a bridge into a river, that bridge was pretty high.
So i understand Hotaru's feeling.
Aug 17, 2015 1:11 PM

Jul 2010
It is always entertaining to see Hikage trying to show off. Hmm, jumping off a bridge like that, can't say I'm not interested. The free fall aspect and the moment where the person makes contact to the water, I guess sort of like jumping off a bleacher and being on a water slide combined.

Liked that moment when Hotaru looked at Hikage.

From a secret base to the mini adventure to the bus depot. it was pretty fun to see it.

Renge being relied on with those small task, that was one good picture!
Aug 17, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2010
This bridge was featured in the first season's opening! Including the jumping!

Also that Hotaru-Hikage scene! :D
Aug 17, 2015 2:58 PM

Oct 2014
Always nice to see Hikage. :3

That moment when Hikage got busted by Hotaru when she did baby sounds XD
Holy Madoka! The Yuri is strong here!

My Anime List
Aug 17, 2015 3:06 PM

Jul 2012

Gotta love when Hika's shot of her jumping in the pool looked like she was drowning, that killed me xD

Another fun episode, Hika came out of nowhere but it's not like she's a bad character or anything so it's cool
Aug 17, 2015 3:48 PM

Mar 2015
If Renge tells you to go "babu-babu" then you go "babu-babu" No exceptions
Aug 17, 2015 3:56 PM

Oct 2013
This episode filled me with nostalgia for my youth long ago. The climate and terrain is much like Non Non Biyori, but our town was bigger, yet still rural and surrounded by forested hills and crossed by streams leading to a large river and several mountain lakes. How I miss those days.

The emphasis on nature is such a pleasure to watch, coupled with the beautiful soundtrack.
Aug 17, 2015 3:59 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
FatefulLove said:
Renge being relied on with those small task, that was one good picture!
Hikage probably knew better than to ask Komari to do it.
CratexAug 17, 2015 4:52 PM
Aug 17, 2015 4:02 PM

Aug 2015
"It's the million dollar overtime!"

Yet another episode mostly about nothing, which gives the whole thing its charm. Lots of Hikage in this one, which is something mostly absent in the entire franchise up to this point. I love how Renge always takes everything completely seriously, no matter how ridiculous and inane. One of the better episodes this season, some of the others I've found hard to sit through the whole thing, but this one was great.
There is nothing that cannot be stolen by Mouse.
Aug 17, 2015 5:11 PM

Feb 2015
'All the hustle and bustle of the city wear me out.' Fun episode and I liked the last bit at the river when Hotarun finally went for the dive.
Aug 17, 2015 5:36 PM

Jun 2013
she caught her making baby sounds lol
Aug 17, 2015 5:37 PM

Jul 2010
Cratex said:
Hikage probably knew better than to ask Komari to do it.

This gave me a laugh, poor Komari. lol
I could also imagine Natsumi somehow adds her "magic" if she was the one to be asked. Well, everything has its reasons.
Aug 17, 2015 6:52 PM

Apr 2014
Ah...Renge is so cute and love her poker face lol.
This anime keep bring back my childhood memories.
I once do those dive with my friends when I was a kid...ah such a good memory.
It's just so refresh after watch episode.
Aug 17, 2015 6:58 PM

Jul 2015
Nyanpasu!!

Hearing that line again made my day. This show is awesome, I wonder if they will do a fall and winter episode like in the original. A Halloween themed episode would be cool.
Aug 17, 2015 8:54 PM

Dec 2011
When Renge tells you to "Babu", you freaking "Babu".

That awkward moment between Hikage and Hotarun.
Really loved the episode. I should go and get my amusement park.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2015 10:06 PM
Aug 2009
animefan8800 said:
I think that was Baby Renge in the preview...

And Komari crying about Shokichi-san who was her favorite stuffed toy years ago :) Seems it will be about girls's "childhood" several years earlier.
Aug 17, 2015 10:27 PM

Nov 2012
DesuTronic said:

A+ picture

also it sure is awkward when you're caught using baby talk....
Aug 17, 2015 11:10 PM

Jun 2015

Secret bases are so fun. Goo goo~

Aug 18, 2015 1:14 AM

Nov 2013
Whose altar is it? Who's dead?
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 18, 2015 2:19 AM

Feb 2014
And Hikage is back! That's really awkward. Hotaru's stare
Aug 18, 2015 2:28 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode once again. Nothing much that needs commenting on, but I do wonder whose altar that was. I bet it won't come up again though.
Aug 18, 2015 3:10 AM

Aug 2015
What's with the babu babu XD, is that how Japanese babies talk or something XD.
Aug 18, 2015 4:36 AM

Aug 2012
tetrix1993 said:
And Hikage is back! That's really awkward. Hotaru's stare
I kinda expected that to happen, still I LOL'd so hard ;D
fredchickens said:
What's with the babu babu XD, is that how Japanese babies talk or something XD.
Just like American's "goo goo gaa gaa" for babies, or "cock-a-doodle-doo" for rooster. I always wondered for those too :/

Hikage always get caught doing something unusual at the most perfect time. All of Hikage's expressions and hilarious reactions made this episode ^.^
Aug 18, 2015 5:09 AM

Jan 2011
That sure was one weird looking baby.
Aug 18, 2015 5:59 AM

Jan 2011
Another fun and relaxing episode as always of Non Non Biyori Repeat. It's nice to see Hikage back from Tokyo. Vivid's subtitles were shaking when Hikage was on the massage chair, I really found that funny. xD Hikage playing dolls with Renge was pretty funny, especially since she was acting like a baby saying 'goo-goo' and suddenly Hotaru came around the corner. That sure was a huge baby though. xD The second half with them going back to the bus station to retrieve Hotaru's bag was pretty relaxing. The last bit with the diving was really nice too. Renge's timing on Hikage was terrible but she caught a perfect shot when Hotaru dived in. The pictures that Hotaru ended up sending to the post were cute. :D
5/5
Aug 18, 2015 6:11 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.
Aug 18, 2015 6:19 AM

May 2011
How I wished my camera had that shutter speed hahaha

It felt kind of sad though, that Hikage wasn't with them in the picture
Aug 18, 2015 7:48 AM

Jan 2011
and another fantastic episode! i loved the story around the pictures and 蛍 overcoming her fear to jump from that bridge. sweet moment at the ending and the music at this time was also superb! i maybe lost a tear … xP that ひかげ was there this episode was a good idea, too!
Aug 18, 2015 8:07 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Ghiffaris said:
Her grandparents, great grandparents, great-great grandparents, and probably some locally important kami, etc... While not all that common anymore, until recently it was the norm for a family to have an altar as an essential part of their house. They mainly come in, if I recall correctly, three different types, often found together, serving different but overlapping purposes, ranging from honoring family ancestors, local spirits, to the national kami. It was "just" part of one's *home*, and part of one's way of life.
Certainly in anime we often see photos of recently lost (or not so recently lost) family members placed in such altars, but usually only when it's important to the story for some reason. It's not that they weren't there before, but that it was shown as important to the story at that moment.
My guess is we see it here because the story writers are doing what this show does best - showing the daily, often mundane, lives of these characters.
Aug 18, 2015 8:51 AM

Sep 2014
Fun episode once again, particularly the second half. Season 2 of Non Non is much better than the first. I love this.
Aug 18, 2015 3:44 PM

May 2013
Lmao at Hikage and the picture, Renge is a good photographer eh hahaha

Kinda related with Hotaru in this episode, me myself too is afraid to jump from high places (or idk does she have fear of heights?) but I overcome it too (well jumping to a water)
The world shall know the truth soon.
Aug 18, 2015 5:21 PM

May 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I laughed at that note that Renge left behind, lmao.

Aug 18, 2015 5:28 PM

Oct 2013
Another week, another great episode of Non Non Biyori. Such a tall bridge yet such shallow water though; I'd be scared to jump in too.
lindsayzzz said:
Vivid's subtitles were shaking when Hikage was on the massage chair, I really found that funny.
5/5

I thought it was a nice touch. http://puu.sh/jGmZp/f3ea357706.mp4
にこにこにー~ おまえわわたしの嫁にする! 。。。なのは。。。エッチのこと。。。嫌いです!甘えな。。。
Aug 19, 2015 8:47 AM

Feb 2012
Damn, this episode just forcefully dived into my head when I was a child. I personally grew up in the countryside, so I can really relate to some of the things they talked about.
Aug 19, 2015 9:12 AM

Apr 2013
When renge tells you to do something. you do it!

Aug 19, 2015 10:40 AM

May 2013
Cratex said:
Ghiffaris said:
Her grandparents, great grandparents, great-great grandparents, and probably some locally important kami, etc... While not all that common anymore, until recently it was the norm for a family to have an altar as an essential part of their house. They mainly come in, if I recall correctly, three different types, often found together, serving different but overlapping purposes, ranging from honoring family ancestors, local spirits, to the national kami. It was "just" part of one's *home*, and part of one's way of life.
Certainly in anime we often see photos of recently lost (or not so recently lost) family members placed in such altars, but usually only when it's important to the story for some reason. It's not that they weren't there before, but that it was shown as important to the story at that moment.
My guess is we see it here because the story writers are doing what this show does best - showing the daily, often mundane, lives of these characters.

I have my doubts because we clearly see Renge preparing two rice oofers. Add to that the fact that we have not seen Renge's parents in 1 1/2 seasons, not even an e-mail or phone call or a postcard/souvenirs or a comment like "mother came the past weekend but had to return to work". At least we have seen the other girls mothers (except for candy store, but it looks like she is living on her own atm).
Aug 19, 2015 12:36 PM

May 2010
Dat babu-babu scene was too cute. Kill me.

I... really have no words. This anime. This anime has me at a loss of words, literally. Just so beautiful and perfect and amazing. I can't express it enough, man...
Aug 19, 2015 12:51 PM

Dec 2008
mangamuscle said:
Cratex said:

I have my doubts because we clearly see Renge preparing two rice oofers. Add to that the fact that we have not seen Renge's parents in 1 1/2 seasons, not even an e-mail or phone call or a postcard/souvenirs or a comment like "mother came the past weekend but had to return to work". At least we have seen the other girls mothers (except for candy store, but it looks like she is living on her own atm).

Ah, but I do remember Kazu-Nee saying something about their parents working on the fields they own (all day), isn't that why they had to plant rice that one time? because there wasn't anyone else left to do it?
(Also, I kinda think it was only one bowl...)
Aug 19, 2015 2:32 PM

May 2013
SolitaryDarkness said:
Ah, but I do remember Kazu-Nee saying something about their parents working on the fields they own (all day), isn't that why they had to plant rice that one time? because there wasn't anyone else left to do it?
(Also, I kinda think it was only one bowl...)

It could have been a sloppy translation since up until now there was no indication of missing parents. Here is an screen capture

BTW, my grandfahter worked on his farm, it was backbreaking work that started before the sun rised and ended after the sun set, but breakfast and dinner were had at his house routinely (because the farm was severañ kilometers from the house), so I think kazu-nee meant to say her parents worked on the farm (and nowadays they hire local workers for the farm, but that day she could find no one but her students).
Aug 19, 2015 3:12 PM

Apr 2012
I think they jumped in the river with shoes on? Wet shoes... :(

Vivid's vibrating subs with the massage chair were amusing. A neat little addition.

SolitaryDarkness said:
Ah, but I do remember Kazu-Nee saying something about their parents working on the fields they own (all day)
I don't really remember that, but if that's the case that explains their absence from the show. I've often wondered about that, but I must have missed this detail.

Anyway, really enjoyable episode. I'm loving this season so far :)
Aug 19, 2015 3:26 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
From episode 1 (first season)
Aug 19, 2015 8:16 PM

May 2013
Cratex said:
From episode 1 (first season)

Humor me, but it might not be a coincidence that we only see Renge and Hotaru's faces when said declaration is made. Renge is well known for making playful statements and this could be one.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Random Fact: Non Non Biyori and Repeat took place at around 2004.

VaasMontenegro - Aug 17, 2021

12 by bassyey »»
Mar 4, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2015

122 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2015

95 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2015

105 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Repeat Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2015

160 by Sun_Chan »»
Jan 2, 1:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.