Forum Settings
Forums

'Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu' Anime Project Planned for 2017

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2015 3:02 PM

Apr 2009
Yzeelb said:

And of course I really hope that the creators are going to avoid using German or simply hire a professional to correct all misspellings, grammatical errors and other nonsense present in the original OVAs...

Heldensagen vom Kosmosinsel will always be my favourite name for this show.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Aug 13, 2015 3:08 PM

Jun 2014
Gonna be rated like a 9.33 because the elitists are coming
Aug 13, 2015 3:10 PM

Nov 2012
Jerkhov said:

What do you have against us all of you? Are jealous for not being part of the Elite?
"The Goddess of victory is waving her underwear in your faces!"
Fritz Josef Bittenfield (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)

Aug 13, 2015 3:14 PM

Nov 2013
Maor said:
Ckan said:
We can only pray that they bring out their top guns. How about an Oshii adaptation?
I fear that it's going to be full of quotation if that happens but i'd definitely be nice

isn't he busy with directing live action shows? when was the last time he directed a movie?
robis798 said:

You mean Madhouse visuals does not provide satsifying results? KyoAni is what we need indeed
I would rather have a long running show that covers a lot and makes profit than good art

Didn't Madhouse help create the original?
Aug 13, 2015 3:19 PM

Jul 2010
Jerkhov said:

By this point I see more of these comments than from actually obnoxious elitists...
Aug 13, 2015 3:22 PM

Feb 2013
2017... that's a lot of time. Still, interesting news! Will keep an eye on this.

Aug 13, 2015 3:34 PM
Oct 2012
Jerkhov said:

It's 2015 man. Why are you still caring about rankings?
Aug 13, 2015 3:37 PM

Oct 2013
Nidhoeggr said:

Yeah they even screwed up completely with the title of the show. And you can't even blame Google translations for it since it didn't exist at that time. What a shame.
Aug 13, 2015 3:39 PM
Aug 2015
Look at all these special snowflakes in here.
It's gonna be trash just like the original so thank you modern anime for lowering my mean score.
Aug 13, 2015 3:54 PM

Aug 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
But seriously: Aside from a few flaws it is one of the few shows that manage to *get* politics and features an immensily diverse cast of great and interesting characters. For that alone, it should be watched.

In your opinion, what are the other anime that manage to adequately understand politics?
Aug 13, 2015 3:57 PM

Dec 2013
Disonata said:

No, it was created by Artland, the one that gave birth to Mushishi.

But Madhouse did do some of its movies I think. Or maybe the side series, I dunno
Aug 13, 2015 4:02 PM
Aug 2015
robis798 said:
Disonata said:

But Madhouse did do some of its movies I think. Or maybe the side series, I dunno

the first season is done by madhouse

before you wanna act like you know your shit do some research

i have no idea why you are even posting when you havent seen it and no idea what you are talking about
TheBleachGodAug 13, 2015 4:30 PM
Aug 13, 2015 4:04 PM

Sep 2013
TheBleachGod said:
Look at all these special snowflakes in here.
It's gonna be trash just like the original so thank you modern anime for lowering my mean score.

Screw it, I'm gonna pick it:

Favorite Manga
Bleach
Aug 13, 2015 4:30 PM

Nov 2012
YES!! I can't wait.
Jerkhov said:
You mean all the people with good taste?
Aug 13, 2015 4:41 PM

May 2012
RX-782 said:
YES!! I can't wait.
Jerkhov said:

no, the people who can't think for themselves and just like it because "elitists," like it so much. Most people can't even articulate why the show is so gud, just, OMG REINHARD YANG DEZ POLITICS.
Aug 13, 2015 4:43 PM

Apr 2009
Kokko said:
Seriously though, how can they replace Tomiyama as Yang? The new guy in the gaiden did okay but he is no Yang....

Is it really that hard to replicate "Ugh... Three more days till paycheck..." voice acting of virtually everyone on the FPA side? Not that the "Overly enthusiastic high school drama club" of half the Empire side was much better, but at least it was something.
Aug 13, 2015 4:43 PM
Aug 2015
PoeticJustice said:
RX-782 said:
YES!! I can't wait.

no, the people who can't think for themselves and just like it because "elitists," like it so much. Most people can't even articulate why the show is so gud, just, OMG REINHARD YANG DEZ POLITICS.

exactly
good review btw
Aug 13, 2015 5:03 PM

Apr 2013
Oh boy, I have two years to finish the original.
Aug 13, 2015 5:04 PM

Dec 2013
Been waiting for this!!!
Aug 13, 2015 5:10 PM
Feb 2014
Jerkhov said:

what if it flops

PoeticJustice said:
RX-782 said:
YES!! I can't wait.

justice laying it down again
Aug 13, 2015 5:15 PM

Oct 2010
10th_man_down said:
Jerkhov said:

By this point I see more of these comments than from actually obnoxious elitists...

Not sure if the hate coming from those members didnt like those in the elitist club or just in general but yeah, this kind of comment is more evident here than elitist posting their share of opinion about this new installment.
Aug 13, 2015 5:21 PM
Aug 2015
Maybe it will get a backlash because for once many people will watch it and not only special snowflakes.More watcher + more hype will create lots of discussion and we all know how fundamentally flawed logh is
Aug 13, 2015 5:26 PM
Feb 2014
TheBleachGod said:
Maybe it will get a backlash because for once many people will watch it and not only special snowflakes.More watcher + more hype will create lots of discussion and we all know how fundamentally flawed logh is

ayy lmao
Aug 13, 2015 5:27 PM
Aug 2015
Nico- said:
TheBleachGod said:

ayy lmao

what?
Aug 13, 2015 5:36 PM

Mar 2014
There's no way it can be worse than LOGH though. Hopefully I.G. spices up all the battles in the series and gives great visuals.

If it will be an OVA, I want the episodes to be longer than the original.
Aug 13, 2015 5:38 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Alright, i can take my time to watch it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 13, 2015 5:43 PM

Jun 2009
Starting to think all these so called "elitists" don't even exist anymore, aside from a few posts I'm seeing an awful lot of people just slinging mud at the LoGH fanbase. Disgusting.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 13, 2015 5:46 PM
Sep 2007
Nidhoeggr said:

Yuuki Aoi, Miyuki Sawashiro and Nana Mizuki. Let's make it happen.
I'm not sure which role could Yuki Aoi get in LOGH remake - maybe some child, but Miyuki Sawashiro and Nana Mizuki definitely are capable of voicing adult and mature characters in serious situations, I wouldn't mind having them as a part of remake.

Even in original series, pretty much all seiyu where usual and popular at the time, that are now veterans, and at the time of LOGH series, they did bunch of other roles, including comedic and silly ones too, with characters that weren't like in LOGH.

Btw, I myself am happy about LOGH remake since I enjoyed original series too.

insan3Inquisitor said:
Starting to think all these so called "elitists" don't even exist anymore, aside from a few posts I'm seeing an awful lot of people just slinging mud at the LoGH fanbase. Disgusting.
This too...

To be honest, I'm not even sure I've saw any elitist at all here; not counting few that were obviously joking.
Aug 13, 2015 5:56 PM
Aug 2015
insan3Inquisitor said:

thats the result of a 5 year long faggotory from elitist.Don't play the victim card.

First Key Visual btw
TheBleachGodAug 13, 2015 6:05 PM
Aug 13, 2015 6:01 PM

Apr 2014
insan3Inquisitor said:
but they are the same ppl that come to ur every season harem/ecchi light novel discussion to come and shit on it

exhibit a. Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
Aug 13, 2015 6:07 PM

Jun 2009
moodie said:
insan3Inquisitor said:
but they are the same ppl that come to ur every season harem/ecchi light novel discussion to come and shit on it

exhibit a. Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry

Well, if that's true, then they are jerks. Sure. But, as a fan of a lot of shows where we get labeled under an umbrella it gets annoying to be called an elitist by proxy.

Granted people like the ones doing the "hah, you like Naruto! Your taste sucks!" are just as bad.

Anyway, I'm obviously really looking forward to this. I don't know how it'll play out, but it should be interesting. I don't even think it's been said if it is just side stories or a remake yet?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 13, 2015 6:14 PM
Feb 2014
insan3Inquisitor said:

ya they do, just look on youtube comments and on hummingbird

on mal i agree theyre a dying breed although a lot of fake elitists tbf
Aug 13, 2015 6:21 PM

Mar 2014
Also, will this new show actually have some style to it? It seems that the LOGH author lacked imagination when he set the series so far in the future while the people still use modern day technology.
Aug 13, 2015 7:06 PM

Jun 2009
Nico- said:
insan3Inquisitor said:

ya they do, just look on youtube comments and on hummingbird

on mal i agree theyre a dying breed although a lot of fake elitists tbf

It's said all the time, but please don't use youtube comments as a way to gauge stuff like this. Can't speak for Hummingbird, don't go on there anymore.

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 13, 2015 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
glorious Reinhard in hd

i heard Dusty is an anime original character, i hope he shows up regardless he was a true bro for Yang
silversaintAug 13, 2015 7:11 PM
Aug 13, 2015 8:08 PM

Feb 2008
sullynathan said:
It seems that the LOGH author lacked imagination when he set the series so far in the future while the people still use modern day technology.

Now we'll get FPA that uses brand new iPhones while the Empire is still using those flip phones.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Aug 13, 2015 8:21 PM

Apr 2009
sullynathan said:
Also, will this new show actually have some style to it? It seems that the LOGH author lacked imagination when he set the series so far in the future while the people still use modern day technology.

Nope, they will still send people between the stars to have them work fields with a hoe.

That said, while original novel's author is hardly to blame for having a rich imagination, the fault lies more with the anime staff. I mean, even if they couldn't scrape the money for a proper character designer, calling director's thirteen year old daughter to fill in was probably a mistake. And while saving homeless Vietnamese from starvation might be called a noble deed, leaving everything else design to them was definitely against better judgement.
NanacaAug 13, 2015 8:36 PM
Aug 14, 2015 12:18 AM

Mar 2008
TheBleachGod said:
robis798 said:

the first season is done by madhouse

before you wanna act like you know your shit do some research

i have no idea why you are even posting when you havent seen it and no idea what you are talking about

The database sites seem to be somewhat contradicting when it comes to crediting who animated what in LoGH, so I'd be quite interested to know what your authoritative source is.
Aug 14, 2015 12:36 AM

Apr 2009
Fantasee said:
Nidhoeggr said:
But seriously: Aside from a few flaws it is one of the few shows that manage to *get* politics and features an immensily diverse cast of great and interesting characters. For that alone, it should be watched.

In your opinion, what are the other anime that manage to adequately understand politics?

Certainly not many of the new mecha shows that get praised for featuring them like Aldnoah, Geass or whatever. The Empire is clearly modelled after 19th century Prussia and both sides have an amount of political fractions that acts rather realistic and often with a multitude of reasonings that are ideological, pragmatic and sometimes purely machiavellian. There are not many shows that focus that much politics, but if we talk manga I'd say Sanctuary is pretty good at mimicking parts of the power structure within the upper echolon of Japanese domestic politics even though it has plenty of other flaws.

What's also interesting is that both Yang and Reinhard have pretty big flaws that eventually come to haunt them, but they are still massively competent in other areas. Which is unlike many of the recently competent mains we can find in LN or manga that simply border on Gary Stu territory because their weaknesses are utterly neglectable. The massive cast in LOTGH specifically includes characters whose CV and positions are there to enable leaders to execute policies or battle tactics and it is pretty rare for an anime to dive into aspect of governing.

Akutron said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Yuuki Aoi, Miyuki Sawashiro and Nana Mizuki. Let's make it happen.
I'm not sure which role could Yuki Aoi get in LOGH remake - maybe some child, but Miyuki Sawashiro and Nana Mizuki definitely are capable of voicing adult and mature characters in serious situations, I wouldn't mind having them as a part of remake.

Even in original series, pretty much all seiyu where usual and popular at the time, that are now veterans, and at the time of LOGH series, they did bunch of other roles, including comedic and silly ones too, with characters that weren't like in LOGH.

Btw, I myself am happy about LOGH remake since I enjoyed original series too.

insan3Inquisitor said:
This too...

To be honest, I'm not even sure I've saw any elitist at all here; not counting few that were obviously joking.

Thankfully LOTGH has more than enough interesting female characters they could voice. I was merely joking and thinking about symphogear when i said it, but you are def. right about the fact that they could find good roles in a new show.

As for people who throw dirt at LOTGH... it's cute. It's already one of the most downvoted top anime anyway simply because people seem to lack appreciation for slow, conversation based political intrigue. And that's fine because honestly: I do not expect the average MAL user to be intelligent enough to appreciate the finer details just like don't expect the average modern movie goer to appreciate Metropolis anymore. And the fact that many do it out of spite because some people look down upon their favourite pulp fiction LN makes it all the more hilarious. The fans who deny that LOTGH has any flaws are more annoying, though: Earth Cult, the presentation of a few episodes and a few things that can easily be attributed to the 80s zeitgeist have a negative impact on the narrative.

Yzeelb said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Yeah they even screwed up completely with the title of the show. And you can't even blame Google translations for it since it didn't exist at that time. What a shame.

At least all the names for nobles in the Empire are correct, though. I hate how fake many of these royal names sound in modern anime. But the author of this show clearly did some research on Prussian/German nobility.
NidhoeggrAug 14, 2015 12:58 AM
Aug 14, 2015 1:04 AM

Jul 2014
I have a feeling it's just a movie.

LoGH series remade with updated visuals would be interesting, as I still haven't got into the main series, only seen the movies.

Unfortunately not a fan of Production I.G.
Aug 14, 2015 1:21 AM

Apr 2015
Not a fan of politics because I already see a lot of shit on TV going around all the time and definitely hate space-based themed anime. I also kind of really hate the character designs. Should I still give this a try, any Captain? Any other likable things about this show that can make me want to watch it?

~ Thanks in Advance ....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2015 1:29 AM

Apr 2009
CG-Silver said:
Not a fan of politics because I already see a lot of shit on TV going around all the time and definitely hate space-based themed anime. I also kind of really hate the character designs. Should I still give this a try, any Captain? Any other likable things about this show that can make me want to watch it?

~ Thanks in Advance ....

You have a Lelouch avatar and Geass is full of bad attempts at politics and strange designs. LOTGH is basically the good version of Geass with a huge and diverse cast of interesting characters.
Aug 14, 2015 1:29 AM
Sep 2011
Potencial Directors:

- Kenji Kamiyama (I think he has a lot of possibilities. He works and lives xD in IG)
- Furuhashi Kazuhiro (Le Chevalier Deon and Gundam Unicorn)
- Masayuki Kojima (Monster; not words...)
- Shiotani Naoyoshi (Psycho Pass)
- Tetsuro Araki (Death Note, Attack on Titan... NO)
Aug 14, 2015 1:47 AM

Apr 2009
CG-Silver said:
Should I still give this a try, any Captain? Any other likable things about this show that can make me want to watch it?

B-But it also features a wealth of ingenious combat tactics that would put Sun Tzu to shame. Who could resist the appeal of such cunning stratagems like "Hurr let's pass the idiot ball to that admiral now durr" "Let's flank them IN SPACE!" or "Let's suddenly sneak behind them IN SPACE!"? Only the filthy plebeians that don't appreciate how deep this show is.
Aug 14, 2015 1:52 AM

Apr 2009
The tactics are a bit simple at times, true. But the thought process behind the fights is good and more grounded than in many other shows. Suuply chains, the influences of domestic policies on military structures, etc. are usually not incorporated into fights and it's refreshing to see that.
Aug 14, 2015 1:54 AM
Apr 2014
YESS CAN'T WAIT FOR
ONE MORE TIME
Aug 14, 2015 2:07 AM

Apr 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
The tactics are a bit simple at times, true. But the thought process behind the fights is good and more grounded than in many other shows. Suuply chains, the influences of domestic policies on military structures, etc. are usually not incorporated into fights and it's refreshing to see that.

There is it, of course. In fact, I would rate the first season rather high despite its many flaws. Unfortunately, through the second season already there was almost none of it left, as author's cache of good ideas started running dry and he resorted to putting in progressively stupid ones - best exemplified by the Earth Cult - until the highly symbolic ending where said drivel generator put the show out of its misery.
Aug 14, 2015 2:08 AM

Jul 2012
excited for seiyuu announcements! hope they pick new ppl
Aug 14, 2015 2:34 AM

Jun 2014
mayukachan said:
excited for seiyuu announcements! hope they pick new ppl

well no shit, yang's VA is deceased for example so they'll need to pick good ones to match the characters
All credit goes to Sacred.
Aug 14, 2015 2:43 AM
Sep 2007
Still, even though I loved original series, I hope remake won't try to copy it.

I do, however wish there will be a lot of talking, though.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
5 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
8 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
9 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.