Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School-Live!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 23, 2015 1:01 PM

Dec 2012
Wow the outbreak was really impressive. Each time I see Megu-nee, I wonder if she is still alive ><.

Eisuas said:
Altough Yuuri touches bite wound and Kurumi takes zombie blood why didn't they become zombie? Do they already have immunity or infection only bite?

I think you can't become a zombie only with the blood, if you don't have a wound. The two bloods aren't in contact.
Jul 23, 2015 1:05 PM

Jan 2015
Ah~ it felt refreshing to watch this episode. Lots of new contents for the story that I didn't read in the manga, but it seems that I might have missed some chapters. Gonna check later.

English sensei was there, as well Yuki's classmates, and as I suspected, her "friends" weren't that fond of her before the zombie outbreak. Glad she got to meet Rii-san and Kurumi-san.

I have some questions/observations:

- Not sure if it's the translation, but from what Kurumi-san told the girls, I understood that people in the field suddenly started to act strange and attacked those who were near (the track team). Like they were perfectly normal and then they turned into zombies with no bites or anything.

- There is a chance infected people from outside got into the school since the front gate was open, but then, from the roof view there were only students on the field.

-Judging from all these episodes, the zombies are very slow and somewhat clumsy, how did the city/town get drown in chaos in less than a day? Zombies appear to be strong, though.

- Ah, in the ending, Megu-nee's car appear (it was partially shadowed in the previous endings), and as expected, it was completely trashed. So...

Dreams_of_NekoJul 23, 2015 1:15 PM
Jul 23, 2015 1:20 PM

Jul 2009
I loved this episode. The first half was amazing and at some point I was even teary-eyed. Quite the heavy start this time.
There are a few things that bothered me tho, especially about the zombies...
So far, any interaction between the zombies and the girls in the first two episodes showed the zombies kinda slow and not very smart...
During the outbreak, tho, they appeared to be fast and very VERY aggressive... + for some reason it was like they knew there was someone on the rooftop.
I guess there is some explanation about it, but for now it just seems inconsistent to me :c

<3?

Jul 23, 2015 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
llcruz said:
Before I thought Megu-nee wasn't actually real and just part of Yuki's delusion, but now apparently she does exist. But I still don't buy it, I think she might have died and only Yuki can actually see her, because the other girls usually don't talk to Megu-nee, they only do if Yuki starts the conversation.
But I might be wrong so whatever.

I don't know if she's alive or dead, but from all the hints we've been getting (including the one you mentioned), I think it's clear that Megu-nee Sakura-sensei currently isn't there with them.
Jul 23, 2015 1:25 PM

Dec 2014
I can't wait for the reveal
Jul 23, 2015 1:25 PM

Oct 2011
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ why is kurumi so awesome
Jul 23, 2015 1:31 PM

Jan 2015
LoveChild said:
I loved this episode. The first half was amazing and at some point I was even teary-eyed. Quite the heavy start this time.
There are a few things that bothered me tho, especially about the zombies...
So far, any interaction between the zombies and the girls in the first two episodes showed the zombies kinda slow and not very smart...
During the outbreak, tho, they appeared to be fast and very VERY aggressive... + for some reason it was like they knew there was someone on the rooftop.
I guess there is some explanation about it, but for now it just seems inconsistent to me :c

I think this can be explained. With anime references, so spoiler safe. Zombies can hear (Remember the zombies who were following a soccer ball on the school field? Also, in episode 2, Kurumi-san distracted a zombie with a ping pong ball in order to pass the desk fence.)

And zombies can apparently also see. In episode 2, in the library scene, we were given the "zombie POV" and he saw Yuki being dragged behind the bookshelf.

The zombies probably followed Kurumi and her senpai and then heard the girls conmotion on the roof and attacked. So, if they can't see you or hear you, they will eventually drop the chase.
Dreams_of_NekoJul 23, 2015 1:34 PM
Jul 23, 2015 1:39 PM

Jun 2012
Well, just when I think 'Megu-nee' doesn't actually exist (anymore), that ending happens and I'm left wondering again. The part where Shovel Knight is killing zombie-sempai is utterly brutal in its silent simplicity. The flashback ending where it does is brilliant, since we're still left wondering as to what really happened to Megu-nee and the exact moment when Yuki snapped. Oddly enough, Miki is absent from the backstory. Wondering how she fits in to all of this.
Jul 23, 2015 1:43 PM

Oct 2011
So this is how everything started.

Kurumi killing her crush 0____0

The fear in their eyes 0___0

Yuki delusions originated here.

I wondered how they escaped the roof from the point? Did Megu-nee.......
Will we see how they barricade the area and such?
Yuki's personality is different before the outbreak.......: 0

Dat ending sent chills up my spine.

Poor Megu-nee's car in the ED song.
AnimeFan500Jul 23, 2015 2:04 PM
Jul 23, 2015 1:49 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
danieltortoisee said:
This was great when it was dealing with how it all started. The gradual build-up of tension, shown both through the escalating chaos and the character interactions was excellent. Then, naturally, it returned back to the present and removed all sense of tension. This would have been a fantastic episode if not for those last few minutes.

Yeah, its horror and all but its also a SoL so ..
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 23, 2015 1:54 PM

Jan 2015
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ why is Yuuri so awesome
Jul 23, 2015 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
I fucking love this show!!!

I was hoping they would show the start of the zombie attack, because we didn't get to see it yet, so I'm quite happy ^^

I'm not sure if the scenes where that girl killed the zombie were black intentionally, or if they just needed it censored.....but if it was intentional, I actually like it better. Sometimes just showing reactions instead of the actual violence/gore can be better, because it leaves it up to the imagination.

Take the scene from Fight Club where Edward Norton's character beats up the blonde guy terribly, the censors decided it was too graphic, so they just showed the reactions of the people watching the fight, and it ended up better.
Jul 23, 2015 1:59 PM

May 2015
After the ending :
Yuki : Sensei, why did you become a teacher ?
Megu-nee : Oh, so you want to know ?
Yuki : Not really ..

~~Lol

Great episode, poor sensei, i'm curious as to how Yuki forgot about the zombie stuff(probably some PTSD consequence lol but i'm no expert)
Jul 23, 2015 2:07 PM

Jun 2010
Yup still as savage as i remember it.

glad to see my friend
had a lot of cameos this episode.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jul 23, 2015 2:10 PM

Jun 2014
Damn this show is surprising me.
There are a few obvious things that are being hinted at. That we all hope aren't true.

Also... I just noticed at the very end of the ED, when all the girls are smiling at Yuki, and they pan out the window, looking into the room... Yuki is the only one in the room...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 23, 2015 2:12 PM

Jan 2015
Rebelhero said:
There are a few obvious things that are being hinted at. That we all hope aren't true.

Also... I just noticed at the very end of the ED, when all the girls are smiling at Yuki, and they pan out the window, looking into the room... Yuki is the only one in the room...

There's the peluche bear too
Jul 23, 2015 2:32 PM

Oct 2011
Kill your loved one... This must be hurt.

I wonder if Megu-nee is dead or alive... I'm really confused. I can't wait to see more about her.

This show is getting better in each episode!
Jul 23, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
That was a fucked up ending
Jul 23, 2015 2:42 PM

Jul 2015
OMG, I loved this episode so much <3 A complement episode for the manga...
Now we know how Yuki, Kurumi, Yuuri and Megu survived to the start of the apocalypse, and I just loved it <3
These 3 chapters of anime have been very impressive, and I hope that in the following chapters remain the same.
Gakkou Gurashi, probably one of the best animes of the season.

P.D: Sorry if I have some errors, I don't speak English very good.

Jul 23, 2015 2:48 PM

Jan 2015
Xenocrisi said:

Question is...will we get a Rii-chan episode? Yuki, Kurumi and next Miki have one. Dun dun dun.

Jul 23, 2015 2:58 PM

May 2013
I had goosebumps in this episode. Mannnnnn Megu-nee ;-;
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 23, 2015 3:10 PM

Apr 2015
First half of episode was good with Megu-nee's story coming to tie in with the other characters. Second half I sort of zoned out, but the dialogue showed some foreshadowing there.
Jul 23, 2015 3:17 PM

Oct 2014
That was one amazing episode! Everything was pure awesomeness!

I think Yuki's delusions started after Megu-nee died(?). I mean, she saw what happened in the beginning and didn't seem delusioned.

Anyway, i guess we will get another 2 flashback epsiodes (Mikki and Yuuri), right?
Jul 23, 2015 3:45 PM

Jul 2012
AllTJAck said:
im expecting I'm a Hero to be adapted soon

that would be so damn epic. The manga is great.

Really nice episode but I wish I had read the bonus chapter before watching xD it was a nice touch from them to make this episode a flashback showing how it all started.
Can't wait for next week though, Miki's backstoryyyy~~~
"In the past few months since we met, I've shared many memories with Nagato. Though I've also shared memories with Haruhi, Asahina-san and Koizumi, I found that I've experienced more events with Nagato in particular. In fact, every situation seems to involve her. I might as well mention this, she's probably the only person to cause the bell within me to shake the most vigorously..." ~ Kyon, TMOSH
Jul 23, 2015 3:50 PM

Jan 2015
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ why is Miki so awesome

----
But in all seriousness, I really enjoyed this episode a lot!

I loved how they went into more detail about the outbreak since the manga didn't really have much info about that.

Can't wait for the next episode!
'Tis the time for Miki to shine!
become meguca?
Jul 23, 2015 3:55 PM

Oct 2012
Why include Yuki being bullied ;_;
This is not what I signed up for.

Other than that it was pretty good. Building up Megu's character, that eerie atmosphere of the whole first half, showing the outbreak and how the group got together, all good additions. I don't mind anime original content as long as it adds to the series and that's actually what we got here. Though I'm not exactly sure of the reason as to why her senpai was there in the first place considering he already graduated and Miki still seems a bit out of place in all of this. Also, I still feel that the anime isn't doing that great of a job in balancing the more tense moments and the Sol moments. Could be worse though.
Jul 23, 2015 4:00 PM

Oct 2008
God I want to watch the next episode so bad... From all the whispers I'm getting and spoiler tag posting, this show hasn't even shown me everything it has to offer yet.
Jul 23, 2015 4:01 PM

Sep 2014
Expression + VA = Masterpiece^

This episode was great~ 100/10

Megu-nee~~~~~~~~! Didn't expect to get an ep about her so early. But this is fine too~ Bullied Yuki is killing mai kokoro. >n<

I was expecting them to show the thing she(Megu-nee) received, seeing as it's her episode, but oh well. Probably in the future. I'm guessing that Miki's backstory has been swapped in this timeline, therefore happening before the camping and the test of courage. From what I've seen from the preview, next eppy might be a Miki eppy~

*gets popcorn ready*
mira-pyonJul 23, 2015 4:06 PM
The sun is a deadly laser
Jul 23, 2015 4:16 PM

Jul 2009
Shrimperor said:
I mean, she saw what happened in the beginning and didn't seem delusioned.

Actually, I think it was at that one moment where Kurumi began stabbing her senpai with the shovel. Yuki's eyes just change in an instant when that happens + in the latter half when they go "camping" and she asks Kurumi about her crush, she acts strangely.
But of course that's just me xD

<3?

Jul 23, 2015 4:16 PM

Apr 2014
When Yuki trying to stop Kurumi from finishing her sempai...I was kind of mad...why you no throw Yuki off the roof lol, I'm so evil.
Yuki just basically ruin the series with her personality...or is it just me that want Yuki dead? haha
Jul 23, 2015 4:23 PM

Jun 2014
hlubkoj2020 said:
When Yuki trying to stop Kurumi from finishing her sempai...I was kind of mad...why you no throw Yuki off the roof lol, I'm so evil.
Yuki just basically ruin the series with her personality...or is it just me that want Yuki dead? haha

I think he was already finished after the first strike. Kurumi just went overboard and it could be bad for her sanity if she goes too long on it.
Jul 23, 2015 4:49 PM

Jul 2013
Decent.
Jul 23, 2015 4:56 PM

Apr 2012
We got to see the zombie outbreak's beginning, I especially love the second part with all of them on the roof.
Great job!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jul 23, 2015 5:07 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lots of characterization for Megu-nee a day Kurumi this episode....Kurumi is my favorite character but damn Megu-nee is pretty great too

Seeing how the outbreak happened was really intense and pretty sad too, but what's worse now is that in almost certain that Megu-nee is dead and it makes me really depressed to say this because the girls all love her so much TwT
Jul 23, 2015 5:09 PM

Mar 2013
Well, I guess we know who's in the grave on the roof now.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 23, 2015 5:17 PM
Nov 2013
This just continues to get even more impressive by each episode. The start of the outbreak and the rooftop scene was so unsettling. Perfect direction going on here.
Jul 23, 2015 5:19 PM

Apr 2015
Roof scene was intense. I'm loving the flashback story,can't wait to find out more about Miki in the next episode.
Jul 23, 2015 5:44 PM

Jan 2013
Dreams_of_Neko said:
[spoiler]- Ah, in the ending, Megu-nee's car appear (it was partially shadowed in the previous endings), and as expected, it was completely trashed. So...

[/spoiler]Oh nice catch!
Jul 23, 2015 5:58 PM

Dec 2012
Not a single dull moment in its runtime, good episode.

I've never heard of Lerche before, is it new? seems to be handling stuff quite well!

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Jul 23, 2015 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
Man i still really don't know whats up with Megu-nee always thought she wasn't alive but this episode made it seemed like she still exist while at the same time not really lol got me all curious about that room too!.

despite knowing it was the day of the outbreak i was pretty on edge most of the time,this show still hasn't disappointed me yet.
Jul 23, 2015 7:29 PM

Jun 2013
I cant rave enough about this anime!
another 5/5 :)
Jul 23, 2015 8:33 PM

Mar 2015
That was a great episode! Megu-nee centered episode.

Seeing those 3 kind of surprised when Yuki reminds them of Megu-nee made me even more believed that Megu-nee is dead.

I don't know what's real or fake anymore.

For sure Kurumi was awesome. And senpai definitely got bit on his arm.

Next episode seems to be with a new character, now the hardest part as an anime fan is to wait another week...

Jul 23, 2015 8:37 PM

Jul 2010
Did not expect this to be so good.I honestly can't wait to watch more.
Jul 23, 2015 8:45 PM

May 2011
Rebelhero said:

oh yeah ure right...my heart broken

and i wonder if this word have any meaning, since i know it's not the title of ending song XD
Jul 23, 2015 9:12 PM

Jun 2015
This series got even better and better every week. I love this plot. Megu-nee...
Jul 23, 2015 9:35 PM
Oct 2014
sarnlack said:

and i wonder if this word have any meaning, since i know it's not the title of ending song XD

That line shocks me when I first saw it. It still haunts me.

Jul 23, 2015 9:52 PM

Aug 2013
intense episode, nice backstory!

shit, that hint..
I still feel like that
Jul 23, 2015 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
It's more of a spade than a shovel. Just saying...
Jul 23, 2015 10:49 PM
Jul 2015
someone get the feels of fear the walking dead on this episode lol
Jul 24, 2015 12:13 AM

Jan 2015
Dreams_of_Neko said:
Xenocrisi said:

Question is...will we get a Rii-chan episode? Yuki, Kurumi and next Miki have one. Dun dun dun.

Nope, not in the first season of this anime we'll get a full Yuuri's episode, in the second season (if there will be) we'll get a lot of focus on Yuuri.
XenocrisiJul 24, 2015 12:19 AM
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2015

511 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Feb 23, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

228 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Feb 6, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

328 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 28, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

226 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 24, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Gakkougurashi! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

227 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Jan 20, 7:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.