Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 28, 2015 1:00 AM

Apr 2013
^Better get used to it since most show will do it. Especially, RnY doesn't seem like a huge budget at all, so if you want to have proper animation during other fights, 3DCGI is more than welcome. Also, bear in mind that you're supposed to think that the fiends don't blend in the world because they don't even in the LN, so 3DCGI is welcome due to that too.
Beside, I actually think that some of them have quite a badass look. I'll take some of those CGI monsters over bland drawn monster from danmachi any day (those ogre, my god, I thought they were children's drawing... And danmachi WAS a good budget anime from a very big animation studio...).

When it has almost every advantages over drawn monsters, I don't see why peoples are protesting so much over them. Because you find them are ugly? Well, good news, monsters are often supposed to be ugly in stories. xD
Jul 28, 2015 1:55 AM

Mar 2012
The issue I have with CG, especially CG monsters, is that it looks out of place and has a "fake" look to it (especially cheap CG which is just terrible). It's distracting and annoying especially since it's becoming quite a trend to use CG.

Good hand drawn monsters will always look better than good budget CG monsters. Sure you can get used to good CG but the fact that you have to get used to it shows that it isn't as good as something that was hand drawn.

Also, there's a difference between good ugly and bad ugly lol.

^ I mean come on, can you honestly tell me that you're perfectly fine with the way that looks xD

I suppose you and some others might be fine with CG but it's just not my cup of tea.
Avenger-senpaiJul 28, 2015 1:59 AM
Jul 28, 2015 2:17 AM

Apr 2013
But those fiends are supposed to look out of place.
I'm not only perfectly fine with that image, but they're some later on that looks quite amazing imo.

Good hand drawn monster, YES. Good hand drawn one, that's it. But are you buying tons of BR from japan to help the studios having more money to do those? Because if you're not, then know that most shows' BR sells for less than 2k and that therefore they don't have the money for it. Plain and simple. So it's either badly drawn monsters or CGI. And I'll take RnY's 3dcgi over the former any day.
Jul 28, 2015 2:52 AM

Mar 2012
Isn't CG actually more expensive than hand drawn/regular animation?

Also, sounds illogical to have a budget based on BR sales before production on the anime even begins. That would be right for planning a sequel. I would assume it's based on the VN sales instead.

Then again, I'm no expert in this area so I might be wrong.
Jul 28, 2015 2:59 AM

Apr 2013
no, AFAIK it's a huge time cost and money cost reduction. That's why it's used more and more.

That's not a budget based on BR sales to come, but a budget based on BR sales already passed because if the company has no founds that means small budget. Well, they're obviously taking in consideration how much it will sell to avoid going in the red with those, like any company does...
And yeah the request comes from the LN publisher so the initial money comes from them. But then again, how much the LN sales improve will matter for a possible anie sequel since they won'tr request it if it 's not working imo, but that won't change how much they paid the studio. For the studio, any supplementary income logically comes for the BR sales. At least that's my understanding on how it works.
low ln sales+ low BR sales = low budget obviously. THat LN publishing company doesn't have a single really good selling LN right now. The LN label is new, it's their first attempt to do an anime adaptation with their LN. You can't expect huge founds.

Even so, I want to praise them for trying such a daring adaptation. Doing a faithful adaptation and respecting the work so much rather than going for the rushed adaptation that would be better for sales even if not respecting the original work isn't a smart choice on a commercial point of view ImO, but that's definitely a lovely choice for the fans.
So yeah, can't ask them on top of this to have enough budget for well hand drawn monster. That's like, being offered with a miracle (because in 2015 such faithful adaptation of an anime is a miracle or almost) and asking for a second.
ZefyrisJul 28, 2015 3:05 AM
Aug 2, 2015 3:36 AM

Aug 2013
Avenger-senpai said:
Another show with CG monsters *sigh*

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who hates CG.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 2, 2015 5:45 AM

Apr 2013
I would honestly advise you and anyone like you to get over it though. 3DCGI will be used more and more from now on. If you can't get used to it enough so that it doesn't hinder your enjoyment any more, you're going to be less and less able to enjoy shows made from now on.
I never had problem with 3D CGi except the very badly done ones.
Aug 2, 2015 5:52 AM

Aug 2013
95% 3DCG is super badly done. I don't mind CG effects like people from KyoAni are using, it looks beautiful. I can even stand it when it is done for example like in Shaft's shows (it is not that ugly),
but 3D models are always ugly, I hate 3D animation, it ruin whole thing, especially in anime. Honestly, I never seen any good looking 3D in anime, every time when I see something like that, I'm nearly to puke. I know that 3D animation is 10x (or more) cheaper, than normal 2d drawings, but it will ruin whole anime industry one day...
rsc-plAug 2, 2015 5:59 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 2, 2015 5:56 AM

Apr 2013
That's really your opinion. 80% of the 3DCGI on recent shows are ok to well done ImO.
KyoAni's visual is highly overrated. It only ruins thing if you aren't able to accept them. I never had a show ruined by 3DCGI.
Aug 2, 2015 6:00 AM

Aug 2013
Ok, it is just your opinion. For me KyoAni, P. A. WORKS and Silver link are doing most beautiful Anime nowadays. Almost without that whole 3D shit.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 2, 2015 8:16 AM

Apr 2013
Exactly. That's what I'm saying. Don't misunderstand me, I think kyooani's visual are pretty.
There's going to be more and more of those, so you can either accept them as they are and enjoy a wide variety of good stories that use them, or severly limit your own enjoyment by rejecting them. That's why I said that it's a matter of taste, but if you keep having that opinion on 3dcgi you're going to lose a lot of enjoyment in the future.
Aug 3, 2015 10:43 PM

Feb 2013
Alright I'm in....pretty cool so far, I will probably enjoy this anime a bunch :)
Aug 5, 2015 8:46 PM

May 2014
Sloooooooooow pacing at the beggining but then it started to move a lil bit well hope it gets better later
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Aug 8, 2015 12:49 PM
Mar 2012
I like bunny's UBW carrot & fruit ninja. Are those ears real?
Goldof looks like a basara game character, & clearly bunny was disapponted he came back instead of Adler lol. Dialogue seems quite natural with some nice scenery, really gives the world an immersive feel.
Adler meeting Fremy looked fabulous. That a tennis visor? He closed the distance real fast with a scared horse before the reloading.
Have trouble fathoming Passione's leap from Rail Wars quality to Rokka no Yuusha. I've never seen a studio make such amazing progress.
1-cour pacing is always a concern, but there's lots of world building so far without apparent rush.
Aug 21, 2015 10:00 PM

Sep 2013
Right now I have three theories who's the fake but its only episode 2 so these are merely guesses

1.) Adlet is the fake though he might not be aware of it
2.) There's no fake in the first place there's supposed to be seven of them
3.) Nashetania is the fake and the brave killer. I think this is the most plausible theory because when we have shows like this where we need to guess who's the culprit usually its the most unlikely one. If the fake is among the braves/heroes other than Adlet or Nashetania I can already see people saying how pedictable this show is.

Well its too early to get to a conclusion. We'll just need to find out in the ending.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Aug 28, 2015 9:44 PM

Aug 2013
A lot of questions marks in this episode. Time for some Q&A session.
Sep 1, 2015 11:34 AM

Oct 2013
>Ocarina for a weapon

The Mesoamerican influence is REAL. I don't really know any old Mesoamerican tales, but I would bet the storytelling is influenced by it somehow as well.

The pacing to this show man, we're ready for episode 3 and it still hasn't even gotten to the premise...? Color me surprised. Pleasantly surprised.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 1, 2015 1:56 PM

Nov 2009
Forgetfulness said:
The fight was good once again though. I like the MC's fighting style as well as he seems to have a large range of of weapons + utility. Although I wonder how his fire attack works ._.

Fire attack? Flammable liquid + something to ignite it. Not sure about the details.
Sep 5, 2015 11:57 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, nice to see focus on just 2 characters for over half the episode.
Pretty good interactions too.
Sep 6, 2015 3:26 AM

Nov 2009
flannan said:
Forgetfulness said:
The fight was good once again though. I like the MC's fighting style as well as he seems to have a large range of of weapons + utility. Although I wonder how his fire attack works ._.

Fire attack? Flammable liquid + something to ignite it. Not sure about the details.

One of the later episodes shows that he has some flint (or something like that) attached to his teeth to ignite the fire.
Sep 10, 2015 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
As I expected, it was impossible that the quality remained high in the second episode, in fact, the drawings and animations, but most drawings have a lower visible in scenes more excited. Not bad however the scenery really beautiful to look at, I was amazed. CG soundtrack and good overall.
Sep 12, 2015 12:59 PM

Jan 2014
LOL, so cool that STRONGEST MAN IN THE WORLD
Lots of different weapons and a flute haha kewl

Bunny Hime-sama was cool, too and the new girl too

I luv dis so gud
Sep 19, 2015 6:50 PM

Jun 2011
Came to check if any LN readers are complaining about the pacing or if they left out any details from the story, but surprised to find that it's "good" for most people. For some reason, to me this episode felt off.. I think it's because of the transition or something. I suppose this is how it is in the LN as well, but that was meh for me.

The voice acting for Nashetania and Fremy was really bad too in my opinion, and I didn't like the way Nashetania speaks, it is getting annoying.

I do however like the element of mystery it's getting into, hoping that the series pulls that off well.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 3, 2015 5:26 AM

May 2012
Quite interesting second episode, with 4 of the 6 already shown I do wonder when they'll meet the last two! All in all it's developing quite well!
Oct 12, 2015 5:35 AM

Jul 2013
Already lost interest. Don't like the skimpy costumes and i hate this sort of "got to save everyone" kind of protagonists.
Jan 28, 2016 7:01 AM
Jan 2010
I enjoyed this episode! Nice pacing and plot progression, and some decent new character introduction all around.

Also loved the faces Adlet was pulling to make Nashetania laugh, they certainly cracked me up!

Just one little thing to support the idea that Fremy is indeed the Brave-Killer for those of you in doubt:

From the media and images I've seen of the "Six" Braves so far, they all seem to have their Six Flowers Emblem/Crest on a different part of their body, however Fremy's is exactly where Adlet's is (just on different hands)...
Feb 15, 2016 1:30 PM

Apr 2010
So.. Fremy is the killer? How come? D:
May 7, 2016 2:46 AM

Jul 2013
Huge info dump in the previous episode and yet they still missed some. What the fuck is a Saint of Blade?

Anyway I still don't like how fast this is going. I don't even feel any "connection" with the characters especially with Adlet. He could just drop dead and I won't care. I don't even know who he really is lol. Also that battle with the demons or whatever they are, was horrendously animated. Fuck this is turning to be an utter disappointment.
Jul 5, 2016 2:16 AM

Dec 2012
I was not surprised when I saw the fiends.

Waifu looking so fine and thick. :)
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Nov 12, 2016 12:02 AM

Feb 2013
I liked Adlet a lot more in this episode, the random screaming of *I'm the strongest in the world* is still annoying but other then that he was a lot more tolerable and less dumb in this episode.

Also I don't think gun girl is the brave killer, or if she is there's more to it then her just going around murdering them. Don't know much about her yet, but her character design is very...odd, to say the least. I get its supposed to be fantasy and honestly all the main characters in this show are really odd looking design wise so far. But they really went over the top with her imo lol...
Nov 23, 2016 6:57 PM

Sep 2015
I'm confused how pure the princess is, like she thinks that guy she just met like ages ago when he was impriosned while pretending to be a maid then escaping together is easy to talk to and etc. Kinda unexpecting that the white haired girl is the Brave killer.
May 31, 2017 6:13 PM
Aug 2014
This episode was really boring.
Jan 19, 2018 7:22 AM

Sep 2012
the gun girl obviously has a misunderstanding of what the braves do & cause of that she sees awry brave as enemy who is out to get her
Mar 8, 2018 10:54 AM

Dec 2015
I feel like everybody really likes this show but for me it's mediocre at best. Adlet's 'I'm the strongest man in the world' attitude is really pissing me off. He's going to be that one character that has no weaknesses. Also, it's a bit disappointing how Nashetania was the winner of the tournament but she can't handle a battle. I know that she lacks experience but :/ Still, I guess I should be used to this kind of stuff in a fantasy anime.
May 3, 2019 12:18 PM

Nov 2010
So far it's okay I guess. Things are starting to build up into something big it seems. I love the Aztec/Mayan culture setting btw.

@AlbertoRaccoon You know what that got me thinking too on why Nashetania seemed weak during the 1st battle. Maybe, during the tournament her opponents are aware that she's the princess and thus would never go all out on her. Or maybe she just lost composure initially, but once she was able to regain it, she's actually very powerful as a saint. After all, she handle the 2nd wave of fiends all by herself.
MizuhoKamuiMay 3, 2019 12:28 PM
Nov 25, 2019 1:29 PM

Sep 2012
PanzernKern said:
So far it's okay I guess. Things are starting to build up into something big it seems. I love the Aztec/Mayan culture setting btw.

@AlbertoRaccoon You know what that got me thinking too on why Nashetania seemed weak during the 1st battle. Maybe, during the tournament her opponents are aware that she's the princess and thus would never go all out on her. Or maybe she just lost composure initially, but once she was able to regain it, she's actually very powerful as a saint. After all, she handle the 2nd wave of fiends all by herself.

or maybe

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeSep 26, 2020 12:41 PM
Mar 2, 2020 1:13 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So Flamie is the one who's killing the heroes... interresting
Sep 22, 2020 10:47 AM
Oct 2019
The princess is the "maid" in the jail from the first episode, right? Why was she so different this episode. She was great in the jail. She was awful this episode though.

We've met 4 braves now. And one of them is the brave killer haha. She clearly has a trust issue, which I'm assuming we'll find out about next episode?

This episode was average. Not nearly as good as the first. Neat seeing the fiends get killed though.
Aug 27, 2022 2:12 AM
Jan 2021
that cg look bad at some point

Nov 22, 2022 4:55 AM

Jan 2021
I still can't like Nashetania. Like, there was something about her that made me uncomfortable from the first time I saw her in the prison... but I still couldn't figure out what it was. On the other hand, I'm quite interested in Fremy, even though I don't know why she pointed her gun at Adlet, but I guess she's a person who doesn't like small talk and immediately acts on something she feels will "harm" her.

May 24, 2023 6:51 AM

May 2020
Yeah you can see they're taking their time. I mean it took the entire first half for those two to showcase some basic hero tutorial.. saving people, fighting monsters, and everything. Though it was then when we met two other heroes. So like we've 4 of them already.

One of them with her no-nonsense approach is already jumping the gun by literally using a gun, who the other hero is framing as the brave killer. I don't think that's the case, but anyways they'll explain it themselves next episode.
Nov 24, 2023 6:47 AM

Apr 2013
I thought that princess would fight better, even if it was her first fight against demons. So we already have 4 of those heroes together, but why does gun-lady think that red-hair might want to kill her?
Jan 10, 9:49 PM
Jan 2024
At the time I was too young to understand it i guess... I didn't see any appeal
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

983 by ItsViny »»
Apr 22, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Who is the strongest of the braves? ( 1 2 )

jbeat - Jul 25, 2015

65 by Talamare »»
Apr 16, 4:00 PM

Poll: » Do you have a favorite character? ( 1 2 3 )

IncestEmblem - Aug 18, 2015

111 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 12:41 PM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2015

884 by Gator »»
Nov 29, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

576 by Gator »»
Nov 28, 2023 8:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.