Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2015 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, Maia is somewhat badass. At least this episode anyways..

Second half was more sillier than I had thought. Kinda felt bad for Maia for being worked lol. This one was okay I guess as the pacing picked up with Maia. I liked the previous episode although the action was alright with Akira and Maia in action. AQUARION!
Jul 9, 2015 11:20 AM

Jul 2009
So I watched the raw (with my limited Japanese). I'll consider replying more about the episode after the sub comes out.

I have this strange feeling that Sougon is like Fudo. I know people said "I think Sougon locked Fudo away", but let's face it; Fudo is the magician or trickster sort of person...

I'm not saying this is how it is but it could be that; the world really didn't have someone to be the "bad guy", and Fudo decided to play the role for the benefit of the world.
... I believe this idea is extremely farfetched myself, though there is always and endless stream of possibilities and this one is more realistic than a large percent of them.

At the end, I believe Sougon told Maia to observe the red vectors pilot, Akira, if my understanding was correct. This added to the feeling that Sougon was similar to Fudo for me.
kyled00mJul 9, 2015 11:24 AM
Jul 9, 2015 7:06 PM

May 2013
just watched episode 2 without subs, zipped through it and wtf man,

• only mc and maia are operating the vectors, what happened to the 3 arrows in triangle?
  • still can't get used the opening and
  • character design: they all have V-shaped faces/heads, it's very angular don't know how to explain this ... i really dont like this, it's just me i guess?

ending is not that bad, you'll get used to it. let's watch till around ep8 or something
ah... and still no fudou character

suogon opens a chest with this symbol/logo, has anyone ever seen this before?
Jul 9, 2015 7:25 PM

Jul 2009

Given that I was suspecting Yunoha reincarnated into Kokone, and that our grand savior is Kagura just because hes outgoing while having access to the primary pilot skillset, I feel this must also mean that Mix is someone... I can't see her being ZessicaClone, but she could be the commander or maybe that third girl in the op.
Jul 9, 2015 7:48 PM

Jul 2009
kirby_422 said:
Image hid:
Given that I was suspecting Yunoha reincarnated into Kokone, and that our grand savior is Kagura just because hes outgoing while having access to the primary pilot skillset, I feel this must also mean that Mix is someone... I can't see her being ZessicaClone, but she could be the commander or maybe that third girl in the op.
I don't believe the heroes from EVOL reincarnated here, since this is likely another parallel universe. That means the Mix you know, might not be the mix that gets mentioned later (just like Sousei's Apollo was Apollonius while EVOL's was Pollon).
Jul 10, 2015 1:40 PM

Mar 2013
Love and Mecha is what Aquarion is. Nice to see Maia appear and just notice
Chisuga, Haruka, she actually did a great job on Macross 30. Looking good so far.
Jul 11, 2015 12:43 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I find the lack of Gattai disturbing.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 11, 2015 2:20 PM

Jun 2013
god damn this is just boring man
Jul 11, 2015 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
It was alright.

Maia has joins the good side.
Jul 11, 2015 3:14 PM

Jul 2009
I was right about the monitor part... I was right about basically everything that I interpreted this episode from the raw-view... :)

I expect things to start getting heated by episode 4! I'm excited!
Jul 11, 2015 4:32 PM

Jun 2015
Great episode! The concept of killer words is silly and refreshing at the same time.
Read Toriko!
Jul 11, 2015 8:12 PM

Mar 2008
My god....they've made Aquarion so boring.

It's like "woo....Aquarion gattai....and stuff..." No one seems motivated in this show at all. Even their yelling of Aquarion sounds so weak. For the flaws that Evol had at least its cast had personality. The music is also so weak. It's like even the music can't be bothered to care in this show.
Jul 11, 2015 8:35 PM
Jul 2015
I miss how the op song played when they merged to form aquarion
Jul 12, 2015 7:10 AM

Mar 2014
I think I know for sure they are sure trying to troll us again !! (-_-")
Jul 12, 2015 12:17 PM

Oct 2011
Meia joins them.
Jul 14, 2015 1:21 AM

Jan 2010
- Yeah... yeah..... Unimpressive OP, no Akino, May'n is the one who fill the Opening this time, she's (May'n) doing great on Macross frontier I admit that, will she be the one that become main singer in this anime? well.... I don't really support it. But it'll be awesome if they do collab.

- It just my opinion on character animation

- Regarding the Fudo character : Yeah........ this is crazy and dumb theory, but what if
okay, that theory is weak and baseless. Anyway whether I'm right or wrong I'll watch this season until the end no matter how bad it will become.
Jul 14, 2015 2:40 AM

Jul 2009
Velnore said:
- Regarding the Fudo character : Yeah........ this is crazy and dumb theory, but what if
okay, that theory is weak and baseless. Anyway whether I'm right or wrong I'll watch this season until the end no matter how bad it will become.
I don't like how you call him Fudo/Zen. He was Gen Fudo in Sousei and Zen Fudo in EVOL.

I can see where the basis for your theory comes from, but it's not very realistic. The vectors from Sousei were either unearthed or created by/with Apollonius. (I should look this up... I think it was around the de Alisia family back story) These were the original vectors from time 0 or so, when the universe was created by Apollonius with the genesis light. The secondary vectors in the parallel universe of EVOL were likely created by Fudo, and likewise, paled in comparison to the originals. Of course they made up for what they lacked by drawing on the power of human emotions...

I doubt Akira is Fudo since he lacks the knowledge and resonance with Aquarion. In the first and second season, there was a clear resonance between the Aquarion vectors and Fudo. (ie; "Now rise up and reboot!" *clap*)

With knowledge of the first two seasons, it's not uncommon to try and place names, calling Akira Fudo or calling Maia Zessica. An important thing to keep in mind is that characters may not be in this world/parallel-world. We didn't see Sirius, Pierre, Otoha, Jun, Reika, Tsugumi, etc reincarnated in EVOL (as far as we know).

Another thing to keep in mind is that Fudo generally shows up after something occurs. The first time we saw the DEAVA base in Sousei, Fudo was nowhere to be found. Apollo hijacks a vector and Fudo comes. In EVOL, the Neo DEAVA base is running smoothly and practically no one even knew Fudo existed, yet the moment Amata hijacks a vector, Fudo has to stick his nose in to everyone's business. These sorts of things, combined with Sougon's actions
  • Making people unite
  • Making people remember words have power
  • Making Maia observe Akira (could have any number of meanings depending on who they are reincarnated from)
  • The grin/smile after the end of episode 2's battle... am I the only one who noticed this?
These are the kind of things that resemble Fudo. This is why I can't shake the feeling that Sougon COULD be Fudo. I really want to deny it but this feeling won't die. I've tried gundams, nukes, vividred's vivid punch, etc...
Jul 14, 2015 1:33 PM

Feb 2010
FlareKnight said:
My god....they've made Aquarion so boring.

It's like "woo....Aquarion gattai....and stuff..." No one seems motivated in this show at all. Even their yelling of Aquarion sounds so weak. For the flaws that Evol had at least its cast had personality. The music is also so weak. It's like even the music can't be bothered to care in this show.

exactly my thoughts q_q
Jul 15, 2015 8:24 AM

May 2015
I see no more epic song insertions during gattai rather dull and boring how could they do this to Aquarion which was full of epicness ! that op sure its May'n singing but it really doesn't fit with aquarion its just crap.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2015 9:19 AM

Feb 2013
No. The first 2 seasons at least had something of a decent enough plot to possibly make them watchable... this one... no.
Aug 8, 2015 8:44 PM

Oct 2008
Maia instant change of heart huh?

Oct 13, 2015 7:52 AM
Aug 2015
Really liking Maia a lot (and for music wise I am really liking the ending theme and it's going to take a long while for me to get to the opening theme...)
Dec 9, 2015 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
Its suck, very dissapointed for thia series. why why and why.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2015

22 by SlammyHammy »»
Feb 29, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2015

20 by CondemneDio »»
Aug 24, 2021 6:13 AM

» Is this anime really bad?

Dexistance - Apr 7, 2021

2 by 28012001 »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:46 AM

» Can I watch this without watching previous series?

ASTRO999 - Jul 6, 2015

21 by behajo »»
Apr 7, 2019 11:17 AM

Poll: » Aquarion Logos Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2015

82 by Joel_Clark »»
Dec 27, 2016 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.