Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2015 12:35 PM

Sep 2014
I can't believe people are already judging this anime base off ONE episode rating it low or very high. Never change MAL! I doubt this anime overall is going to disappoint. The main character is already leaps ahead of any MC key has done in the past. That being mostly boring and generic
Jul 4, 2015 12:38 PM

Jul 2010
Well... the MC is really honest with the uses of his power. All those evil grins and ulterior motives :o I did sort of enjoy seeing his plans falling into ruins, but it was rather interesting regarding his study methods and general use of power. If I can get away with it, I think I would be down to do some of the things he is doing, that classical laugh in the classroom, though.

Him expecting a long distance relationship, that really is quite the selfish thought. Looking forward to other powers, loved how the story started with lewd things first. lol
Jul 4, 2015 12:38 PM
Apr 2015
Thai777 said:
It was better than expected, I didn't like the protagonist way then it got crushed in front of him, that was so satisfying. The pace was good and the animation too. I'm looking forward for this serie.

It's pretty obvious too that the idol has an ability.

My thoughts exactly
Jul 4, 2015 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
Love the MC. wish i could have seen him completely fail using his abilities and then learn a life lesson but NO, STUPID Nao Tomori had to Butt in and stop him from learning life lessons.

But Seriously though looking forward to this show, obviously deaths are gonna happen.
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Jul 4, 2015 12:41 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
FateHero said:
HaXXspetten said:
Pretty much all Key works are super silly and light-hearted early on. Don't see how this was any different
Are they? I only watched Angel Beats before this, so I wasn't aware of that.
Well yeah. Angel Beats, Clannad, Little Busters, Rewrite etcetera are all hilariously stupid comedies early on. Kanon perhaps a bit less admittedly but in general that's the way it goes. Cheer you up first then come crashing down hard with #feels later on
Jul 4, 2015 12:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Badass MC. People saying they don't like him and saying he's an "asshole"

Moodie said:
everyone would tbh

these keyboard warriors are just preaching but i doubt they practice their good ethics

+1

Anyways

Great episode! Can't wait for more :3
He's easily the best male lead of the season so far imo
Jul 4, 2015 12:42 PM

Jun 2015
This was much more interesting than I expected it to be, Yu is quite a fresh breath as a main-character. I'm really curious to how the powers work in this universe, and how this powers will play out in the story.

Feb 2014
MC is a bit of an jerk ...but a lovable jerk - I cant dislike him

Even for a first episode I think it was pretty well done, lots of potential and was very entertaining

Thought it felt familiar somehow then finding out Jun Maeda is one of the creators :) I hope this series goes well

Looking at the titles of the episodes, of course as it was created by Maeda - he's going to throw the feels at us.
Dec 2014
Not a bad start, it has good pacing and animation. I hope it won't go the linear route i foresee though.
Jul 4, 2015 12:44 PM

Apr 2011
Very good first episode. The characters are awesome looking forward to the next week.
Jul 4, 2015 12:44 PM

Jan 2014
puff Yuu was cool in the start then he become like all characters that are coward and let a girl tell him what to do, he surrender didn't even try to fight to stay on the school he was
Jul 4, 2015 12:50 PM

Jan 2014
HaXXspetten said:
FateHero said:
Are they? I only watched Angel Beats before this, so I wasn't aware of that.
Well yeah. Angel Beats, Clannad, Little Busters, Rewrite etcetera are all hilariously stupid comedies early on. Kanon perhaps a bit less admittedly but in general that's the way it goes. Cheer you up first then come crashing down hard with #feels later on

The water works will come, brace your self
Jul 4, 2015 12:50 PM

Apr 2013
pretty good

i like the mc

ost and animation were good
Jul 4, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
The MC is a huge jerk but I love it especially the smirk and when he started laughing in class. He got what he deserved though, that's for sure.

Imouto's voice is irritating af.

I'll definitely keep coming back for this one.

FireEmblemIke24 said:
THE EYES ARE BACK! good start to the series
[center][/center]
Jul 4, 2015 12:55 PM

Apr 2014
First impression...good.
Right off the bat, I already hate the MC...the way he use his power for those stuff does not look good for a MC.
Oh well, now he got house arrest and got dump by a person that have not date him.
I still a bit piss at MC, but still like him as well.
That person in his sister and his dream might be his older brother? Interesting.
As a first episode, this is already interesting...looking for to it.
Jul 4, 2015 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
Decent comedy, great visuals by P.A. Works, too bad the characters are kids and lolis tho. MC is a jerk so he's k.
Jul 4, 2015 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty interesting, I guess. I usually watch anime in bulk, so I don't really have a good feel for the show yet. I wonder how much action it will have, or if it'll be more slice of life with super powers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 1:01 PM
Nov 2014
Decent start, MC is entertaining as fuck but I hope Ayu dies or something lmao. She's annoying af.
Jul 4, 2015 1:01 PM
May 2013
i was mumbling "wow he's an asshole" the whole time, but he got what he deserved at the end. hopefully he'll become a better person but retain some of that arrogance - Key animes are filled with straight-up nice or bad-to-good guys.

the eyes on the two girls from the other school bothered me a bit, especially the redhead with the giant emeralds for irises. still, PA delivers and is consistently the #2 studio regarding animation quality.

this will be good. no doubt about it.
Jul 4, 2015 1:03 PM

Dec 2013
MC pissed me off but I still like him. Reminds me of Lelouch. Although not sure how he was able to get perfect scores by cheating off others...

Overall strong start.
Jul 4, 2015 1:04 PM

Feb 2012
I don't expect this show to keep the energy up in the long run; but for what it's worth, I'll give compliments to the first episode and say that yes, it was funny to see the MC act like a jerk with his powers, only for it to bite him in the ass. And the hook is fine too, but since I don't know where they're going with it, I can't really judge it for certain.

timbob90210 said:
I wonder how much action it will have, or if it'll be more slice of life with super powers.

They admitted in the previews that there wasn't going to be any superhero action in this show so I'd say the latter somewhat.
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Jul 4, 2015 1:11 PM

Feb 2015
Unlike Classroom Crisis this one actually could be interesting. Looking forward to seeing the MC change. Pretty well animated as well.
Jul 4, 2015 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
Wow this was really good
Jul 4, 2015 1:12 PM

Sep 2014
This is only eh first episode, you all are way to quick to judge the anime as a whole.
Jul 4, 2015 1:12 PM

Jan 2015
Well tha was good, but still nothing really new tbh!!
I wish it will surprise me with an original idea in the upcoming episodes, but still it's good, very good actually for a first episode!
Jul 4, 2015 1:22 PM

Jan 2014
I'm watching because i hope to see Yuu become a less narrow minded, selfish idiot. The idea with having incomplete abilities sounds interesting too.. lets see where this goes.
Jul 4, 2015 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
i bet my left nut that the girl he saved was possessed by someone and that's why she dumped him/

Jul 4, 2015 1:41 PM

Dec 2014
I like Yu, he's a dick, but you can at least tell he's not all bad. Cares for his sister and caused fights between guys that were not that great. I like Nao so far, she seems to have this dry, playful side to her, with a dash of manipulation.
I was also pleased by the fact that though Yu probably isn't a genius, he's clever. Cleverness is a trait that always seems to be lacking in highschool characters.
Jul 4, 2015 1:46 PM

Nov 2013
Pointless and premature elaborations on the series after only 1 episode:
Jul 4, 2015 1:47 PM

Mar 2014
The MC reminds me of Kanie from Amaburi a lot. It also looks like everyone in that school they're going to has special powers and i'm guessing their powers must all have limitations as well. Since the 3 powers we've seen are all useful, but have a drawback to them. So far that was a great 1st episode and will definitely be watching this one this season.
Jul 4, 2015 1:47 PM

May 2015
davinci12 said:
This is only eh first episode, you all are way to quick to judge the anime as a whole.

Jul 4, 2015 1:48 PM

Feb 2015
Damn what he did to the truck driver was a dick move just to get a date.

Pretty weird how he got a perfect score with copying and he was the only one with a perfect score.

Decent start.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 1:54 PM

Apr 2013
Good first episode. Main dudes an asshole, though I like him because of that, but I'm sure he'll change as the series progresses, and rest the cast intrigues me as well. Love how he got hilariously dumped (well not technically cause they weren't dating but you know) at the end there, like she had this real cold attitude to him, but to be fair the dude kinda had it coming. I also like the idea that they all have powers, but each of them have certain drawbacks which make them kind of suck, it at least gives the super power thing which we've seen so many time a little bit of a twist.
Smash64Jul 4, 2015 2:03 PM
Jul 4, 2015 1:57 PM

Oct 2012
I thought it was a pretty good start. Had myself laughing a few times, plus the characters were cool :)
~nya
Jul 4, 2015 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
First half was really good second not so much. That little sister is already getting on my nerves.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jul 4, 2015 2:06 PM

Dec 2009
My only complaint is the annoying little sister. After that, loved it, especially the MC. He reminds me a little of Amagi Brilliant Park MC (coincidence they share the same seiyuu?).
Jul 4, 2015 2:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
G_Spark233 said:
MC pissed me off but I still like him. Reminds me of Lelouch. Although not sure how he was able to get perfect scores by cheating off others...

Overall strong start.
Lulu + Kanie Seiya imo >//<
Jul 4, 2015 2:13 PM
Jun 2014
Good episode. 4/5
i did not like Nao though she behaves like a little b*cth. she did not have to beat him up, he just wanted her to stop filming and reached out to get it. also why did he not just use his power on them 2?
Jul 4, 2015 2:13 PM

May 2014
Great first episode, does this anime not have an OST or ED yet btw?
I like how the MC is such a selfish guy, quite different from what I usually watch. I dislike that girl with the invisibility powers though, I hate it when people try to force others into something like this. But oh well, I'm expecting great things from this anime! I like the art and characters for one, not to mention his loli sister is uber kawai.
Jul 4, 2015 2:14 PM

Nov 2013
bit too inventive in moving along the story for my taste but eh, decent opener.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 4, 2015 2:17 PM

Feb 2015
How are people so impressed by the lead? He's just the typical jaded bored-of-the-world high schooler. I guess you have to stick with what works. The cast is also standard. Cute little sister, glasses sidekick, and the chick reeks of being a Rei clone. Could be good if they add better characters later on.
Jul 4, 2015 2:18 PM

Sep 2014
This girl

can. go. die.

All the fun: Destroyed.
All the tyranny: Eliminated.
MC: Suddenly forced into an annoying contract.

This ep legit started as a 10 out of 5. Dropped to a 2. :I

The 'using powers for good' is so over done. It's ruined this ep.
Straying away from the negetives~
Highlights:

-The two girls at the start
-The dumping scene(roflmao)
-Yu's voice + personality + dat smirk
-The first half.

Predictons:
-Yusarin and Yu's lil sis most likely have powers of their own.
-Yu x Nao

That hope...gone. I'm crying.

And here I thought Nao was gonna be waifu material. She has a great personality, too. Author whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????////////slashslashslash
mira-pyonJul 4, 2015 2:21 PM
The sun is a deadly laser
Jul 4, 2015 2:20 PM

Mar 2011
Definitely not satisfied with this episode.... doesn't go up to expectations.

The only thing 'KEY' about this episode is the cafe's name. Other than that, I've only seen standard typical anime logic.

Let's hope this changes by time.....
Jul 4, 2015 2:31 PM

Aug 2013
Great debut, first episode showed a good comedy and good characters, a protagonist with a distorted personality, the youngest sister of the protagonist who has great influence on him and is still very cute, and still appears a strange girl that drastically changes the life of the protagonist

First episode introducing the characters and a bit of the plot, but hopefully the plot becomes deeper, and the drama is also present in the series, I expect a great development, I already have high expectations for this anime ..
Jul 4, 2015 2:31 PM

Jan 2015
mira-nyan said:

Annoying ---___---
Jul 4, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2012
I don't know why, but I hate the characters in this anime so much...
Jul 4, 2015 2:43 PM

Mar 2011
Syrosu said:
I don't know why, but I hate the characters in this anime so much...
YESSSS! that... I felt like I'm seeing L and Light here!!!
Jul 4, 2015 2:46 PM

Sep 2014
Xenocrisi said:
mira-nyan said:

Annoying ---___---

At least say why~

I mean, you quote my whole paragraph. Idk what you mean by annoying
-Nao Tomori(the character)?
-The fact that I don't like a character because they ruined an anime and brought in cliches?
-The big pic?
The sun is a deadly laser
Jul 4, 2015 2:47 PM

Sep 2012
I'm getting that deathnote and code geass vibe.
This gonna be good if there's no SOL shit.
Oh god who are you people?
Jul 4, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
Interesting indeed

Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

649 by MsBorsh »»
Apr 21, 11:49 AM

» Yuu's Ability

PenguinLam - Apr 18

37 by Yeshaiah2015yesh »»
Apr 21, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2015

886 by KumaGetsu »»
Apr 18, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

459 by Tsunamii_ »»
Apr 6, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Charlotte Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

858 by Mads004 »»
Mar 29, 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.