Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 3, 2015 11:37 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, they didn't waste much time getting right to the action. Rocket, songs, and all together at once. I was watching this with some loud volume and this was pretty intense. Not a single minute of non stop action for the first half.

Tachibana still has her edge along with Chris and Tsubasa. My favorite moment for the episode is probably Tachibana and Maria's duo performance.

Overall, it was fun. Not expecting too much from the story but it's entertaining start so far. Got a bad feeling about some of the antagonists introduced so far though, in particular the one with the kiss of death.
Jul 3, 2015 11:40 AM

Apr 2015
Holy... That was intensifying.

Believe in justice and fuck nature's shit up.
5/5 for Ep.01, this is going to be a fun summer.

All the Magic makes me kinda wish Tamura Yukari did CV for Carol Malus Dienheim, though.
TYxTxYTJul 3, 2015 12:08 PM
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 3, 2015 11:43 AM
Dec 2011
TYxTxYT said:
Holy... That was intensifying.

Believe in justice and fuck nature's shit up.
5/5 for Ep.01, this is going to be a fun summer.

5/5? that's not enough, let's make 50/5

What a fantastic first episode here.
Jul 3, 2015 11:46 AM

Apr 2015

Tsubasa you are the best..
TYxTxYTJul 3, 2015 11:59 AM
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 3, 2015 11:49 AM
Dec 2011
TYxTxYT said:
D-Joe said:

5/5? that's not enough, let's make 50/5

What a fantastic first episode here.

Dude are you the same D-Joe from Stage-1?

Yeah but let's talk about the show.
Jul 3, 2015 11:52 AM

Apr 2015
Flashon1 said:
Heck I really wish I could have seen it right away... do you know if it's going to be uploaded anywhere? (I don't even know if it'll have subs soon...)

Raw should be out within 2 hours. Raw is out!
I have no idea when english sub will be out though, I'm not even sure whos doing it.
Commie maybe?
TYxTxYTJul 3, 2015 12:36 PM
Jul 3, 2015 1:20 PM

Mar 2012
The greatest thing I've ever seen. Tops G's already amazing first ep in every way. So excited for the rest.
Jul 3, 2015 1:45 PM
Jan 2010
This was more incredible than I ever thought possible, and then managed to be more incredible than that.

Symphogear so good.
Jul 3, 2015 2:17 PM

Mar 2014
So much action! The concert was so dynamic and the Symphogear users are much more hot-blooded than before!
Jul 3, 2015 2:46 PM

Dec 2011
IM FOREVER LOVING THE SOUNDTRACK ALFKFJDS NANA ; A ;
Jul 3, 2015 6:30 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I did not expect these type of reactions for this series lol....I'm a fan of ecchi/action series so I hope that I can add this to the list of ones that I like a lot
Jul 3, 2015 8:09 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode! I feel this season will be better than 2 previous season.
Jul 3, 2015 11:14 PM

Aug 2012
Symphogear series never failed to amuse me, and they are evolving in an (good) intensive way.

The first six minutes just made me LOLed, the live scene was as good as the previous ones, and they never wasted any time to get to the cliffhanger.

There's at least one series I'll follow to the end in this season.

50/10 for EP.1

Well, I mean, they blast K2 into K3 to save a space shuttle, spend estimated 50% of their total budgets on a live scene, and throw our heroine immediately into crisis, can you ask more?
eeveelugiaJul 4, 2015 7:08 AM
Jul 4, 2015 12:05 AM

Mar 2008
This was freaking awesome!

I mean the first 5 minutes....that was truly hilarious and awesome at the same time. Fire them into space, then ride Chris fired rockets to the shuttle, then slowing it down, blasting up mountains, and Hibiki tossing the shuttle over a building....that was good.

The whole thing was just a really good first episode and makes me feel all the anticipation for this season has been deserved.
Jul 4, 2015 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
I can't say I've never been hyped for any anime before, but damn

pic related.

Jul 4, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2008
Hibiki is so damn boss! Flipping the space shuttle over the building. The new enemies are intriguing to say the least. lol
Jul 4, 2015 10:38 AM

Jan 2009
Great first episode.

Tsubasa and Maria's new song was awesome!
It's completely different from Flugel of 1st season and Flamme of 2nd season though.
I'm sure they're now good partners with each other.

I'm glad that it had some daily scenes of Hibiki, Miku, Chris and other friends including Kirika and Shirabe.
I loved embarrassed Chris's "Do it home" She always gets flushed when she sees public display of yuri affection!
Jul 4, 2015 10:39 AM

Jun 2012
Now that's the perfect 5 opening minutes. 50/5 opening episode
Tutturu ~
Jul 4, 2015 11:13 AM

Feb 2008
Is there a higher rating than 5 out of 5 because that was beautiful
Jul 4, 2015 11:17 AM

Apr 2012
So... if the girl Hibiki meets at the end is an alchemist, that makes those other chicks homunculus right?

And she must have made the Philosopher's Stone as well, since it would seem she's been alive since the Witch Trials.

It's kind of interesting that we're not dealing with the Noise this season, but at the same time I feel like that literally makes this a cow-milking season for the sake of money. It feels like this season will be completely removed from the rest of the series unless they make some parallels between our new antagonists and Fine.
Jul 4, 2015 11:21 AM

Apr 2015
FateHero said:
So... if the girl Hibiki meets at the end is an alchemist, that makes those other chicks homunculus right?

And she must have made the Philosopher's Stone as well, since it would seem she's been alive since the Witch Trials.

It's kind of interesting that we're not dealing with the Noise this season, but at the same time I feel like that literally makes this a cow-milking season for the sake of money. It feels like this season will be completely removed from the rest of the series unless they make some parallels between our new antagonists and Fine.

自律人偶
self-governed doll

Basically dolls that act on their own personality.
Jul 4, 2015 11:22 AM

Sep 2008
My body was not ready.

The jump in quality has jumped exponentially, almost like all that money they make off the soundtrack for this show is in it.

So let's see...
+Chris x Tsubasa going strong, especially that "handling me" and "wild ride" bit.
+Epic opening sequence that made me go batshit crazy.
+Yukine being Yukine.
+Epic duet concert.
+Epic new battle songs.
+Animation quality so through the roof I wonder if they wasted their entire season's budget.

Seriously, they have perfected what began in season 1. The way that the song is synced with the episode and when they talk is insane. When Tsubasa talks, she does it right after she finishes her lyric, while Hibiki is talking, it's Chris and Tsubasa singing. This show has evolved from a loveable, self-aware bad show into sheer fucking epicness.

∞/10

Thank you Symphogear, thank you.
ThespacepopeJul 4, 2015 11:25 AM
Jul 4, 2015 11:55 AM

Feb 2007
As ridiculous as expected after the downward spiral that was the second season (and the end of the first), but at least the songs are good this time, unlike the completely forgettable ones in G.
Jul 4, 2015 12:01 PM

May 2012
an entertaining mess just like i remember lol, dem yuri undertones too stronk
Jul 4, 2015 1:12 PM

Sep 2013
Tsukasa has been riding Yukine I see ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hopefully dogy style ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That mountain destruction, that shuttle flip, that upper arm twist, that fire fighter save, that concert, that cliffhanger.
There needs to be a 6/5 option :'(

The Tsukasa fight was the same as with Maria last season :( but atleast it continues next week, needs more sword fighting.

Jul 4, 2015 2:15 PM
May 2015
Symphogear just keeps getting better and better (I loved last 2 seasons). I think that box is probably Pandora's Box. I mean trying to capture a girl with a weird box and then calling for the Apocalypse....

PS. I wonder if the supposed god inside the Moon is still relevant
Jul 4, 2015 2:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Tokoya said:
I did not expect these type of reactions for this series lol....I'm a fan of ecchi/action series so I hope that I can add this to the list of ones that I like a lot

Sympogear, after watching from season to season, became charming in its own way. It started mediocre then became mildly entertaining. I view Symphogear as the same as Dog Days: generic series with entertaining execution that are pleasant to watch.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 4, 2015 4:11 PM
May 2015
Is this a second season?
Jul 4, 2015 4:15 PM

Feb 2013
SO FRIDGIN' BADASS
Jul 4, 2015 4:15 PM

Feb 2013
mimimimiku said:
Is this a second season?

Nope its the 3rd
Jul 4, 2015 5:21 PM

Dec 2011
Hearing Mizuki singing is such a bless

Oh man, just the Symphogear I wanted to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2015 5:35 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an opening!!

Just finished G 2 days ago so my memory for the series is still fresh as ever! :)

So Nastaaja's body lives on after the fall of frontier? The people who tried to rescue her dock, seems to have malfunction and that's why they can't control their descend speed?

Chris finally calls Tsubasa Senpai once more!!

Wow did they really cut off that mountain's height!?! Surprise it didn't erupted or something :O

Looks like Kris and Shirabe can live as a normal student. but Maria is stuck being an idol till she has repented her sins :(

They're new song rocks, but i kinda like the S2's Fushichou no Flamme more.

Looks like they're enemies maybe of different time?!?! Where the hell do they find these relics from!?!? Fine?? Sorcery!?!

Lots of amazing action!! Godly OST and new gorgeous songs!!!!

Still waiting on Maria's White Symphogear(miss her black though)!

Transformation seems to be getting better and better!!!

Wish they add some animation in some of their ED's. This happened in Episode 1 of S1 and S2. Just black credit screen with the OP playing on the background.

Kinda weird i watched both seasons in BD and i did noticed blur in the TV version. Still animation still intense as ever :D

Also ordered Mizuki Nana's Exterminate Album. Love Nana-chan :) Gonna be an amazing season for sure!

Can't wait for the next episode :D
Jul 4, 2015 6:36 PM

Oct 2012
Well that one way to start
Jul 4, 2015 7:34 PM

Dec 2014

This is how you start this summer, finally an anime that got almost everything right.
raveninthemuddleJul 4, 2015 7:38 PM
Jul 4, 2015 7:42 PM

Feb 2012

So me and @Potatokitten just watched the episode and we are SO HYPED about this (Huge Symphogear fans here,we almost cried ;o;)(Don't expect a constructive critic here haha)

shinkuu-chanJul 4, 2015 7:46 PM
Jul 4, 2015 7:49 PM

Feb 2013
That was HOT!

Action approved!
Fanservice approved!
Yuri approved!
JPop approved!

Anime of the year!

A little weird without the Noise though... That shuttle scene might have been ridiculous, but when all 3 started singing there... chills!

After the way season 2 started... people forgave Maria? Oh who cares... awesome performance!
Jul 4, 2015 8:05 PM

Jan 2013
Hardly a minute of rest. Impressive animation and amount of singing.
I remember very little from the first two seasons.
Jul 4, 2015 8:18 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That was an amazing action-packed first episode to the third season with lots and lots of singing........ I feel like I'm at a loss for words...... But I just described it from the previous sentence. xP

Guaranteed to be now one of my top favorite anime for this season and I'm gonna be hyped as hell for its episodes every week! <3
Jul 4, 2015 9:20 PM

Sep 2013
BurntJelly said:
After the way season 2 started... people forgave Maria?

She only declared world domination cause the government was gonna let everyone die from the meteor last season :(
It looks like the gov is taking all her earning as an idol, which should be in the hundreds of million of $, for themselves too.
F*ck the government :(
Jul 4, 2015 9:44 PM

Jun 2013
intense intro they didn't waste any time and got down to action and apperently they can breath in outer space
Jul 4, 2015 10:08 PM

Sep 2008
Well, this was EXPLOSIVE and outrageous. If Jeremy Clarkson were to make an anime, surely it would be something close to Symphogear.

Speaking of which, I noticed Tanaka Rie's name in the credits. I can't quite read the kanji but she has something to do with the music. Is this the same Tanaka Rie the seiyuu? Exact same kanji afterall.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Jul 4, 2015 10:24 PM

Apr 2015
X10A_Freedom said:
Well, this was EXPLOSIVE and outrageous. If Jeremy Clarkson were to make an anime, surely it would be something close to Symphogear.

Speaking of which, I noticed Tanaka Rie's name in the credits. I can't quite read the kanji but she has something to do with the music. Is this the same Tanaka Rie the seiyuu? Exact same kanji afterall.

From the information now, they are two different personal with the same name.
They have been listed in the same anime as well. (CANNAN, Rinne no Raguranje)

But because almost all info of the music Rie is "unknown", they could easily be one person.
Jul 4, 2015 10:45 PM

Mar 2008
Axelucard_ said:
intense intro they didn't waste any time and got down to action and apperently they can breath in outer space

To be fair they were already doing that in season 1.
Jul 4, 2015 10:49 PM

Dec 2014
X10A_Freedom said:

Just someone happened to have the same name, she has been working in the industry as a sound director for quite some time.
Jul 5, 2015 12:31 AM

Jan 2011
you win Symphogear "slow golf clap" some how were capable of topping season 2 already
Jul 5, 2015 1:25 AM

Jul 2012
An explosive episode right from the start!

There is never a dull moment with Symphogear.

Action is neat and the songs get better each season. Loving them so far!
Ga_LaxyJul 5, 2015 1:34 AM
Jul 5, 2015 5:57 AM

Mar 2014
ichii_1 said:
BurntJelly said:
After the way season 2 started... people forgave Maria?

She only declared world domination cause the government was gonna let everyone die from the meteor last season :(
It looks like the gov is taking all her earning as an idol, which should be in the hundreds of million of $, for themselves too.
F*ck the government :(

And what did she do after declaring all of that? Nothing. In the end, she did the opposite of it.
Jul 5, 2015 6:54 AM

Aug 2010
Damn! That was epic :O Intense from start to finish with an awesome performance from Tsubasa and Maria in between. Definitely one of the best first eps of the season.

Bikki supplexing a friggin shuttle O_O I love this girl XD

Chris was kawaii as usual <3 I miss her so much :3

New antagonists seem really interesting ^^ Dat dancing puppet woman and loli witch. I assume they're working together?
Jul 5, 2015 7:13 AM

Jan 2011
"Hold a Determination to Fist" right..
Jul 5, 2015 8:17 AM

Jun 2013
The character song from maria-tsubasa concert in london (read : season 3 episode 1 i mean LOL) already available in store hikari OST blog and torrent
SSSS_ShunariaJul 5, 2015 8:20 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2015

68 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 7:02 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2015

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2015

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 12:39 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX: Believe in Justice and Hold a Determination to Fist. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2015

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 15, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.