Forum Settings
Forums

Do you beleive those people who have 7000-8000 anime views?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 1, 2015 10:06 PM

May 2015
If someone with an extreme amount of anime series watched reads this, please correct me if I'm wrong as I'd like to know, but I feel like having seen that many animes, the enjoyment and uniqueness of any given series starts to dwindle. I've only seen a few anime series, I'm sure it'll take a lot more than that to diminish the enjoyment of anime series, but the reason why I love the series I've watched so far, mainly and especially Death Note, is because I haven't seen that many.

In my opinion, if I ever get to the point where I've seen 200+ animes, I won't even remember some of the biggest moments in some of them. 200 is so many episodes and moments that the vast majority of them will be almost forgotten except for the true outliers that were fantastic. Top tier anime. What about the mediocre ones that had their moments that you cherished but weren't part of the top 1% of best anime? You'll probably forget them. The most emotional moments loses their intensity because you've seen so many and they were expected. "Oh, that's how this anime kicks off the viewers emotions. Cool." But me, having seen only a few animes, I get devastated at sad parts. Same goes for epic parts that blow your mind.

Again, I would love to hear from someone who has seen a very large number of anime series and how this has affected them, if at all. I just feel like watching so much anime will eventually jade your reactions to any given series, and making you forget some of the moments you enjoyed most while you watched them.
myfoxhatJun 1, 2015 10:09 PM
Jun 1, 2015 10:07 PM

Apr 2014
It's easy to tell them apart since they usually have MoD as a favorite.
Jun 1, 2015 10:07 PM

Mar 2012
battosai-01 said:
Some people don't believe I've seen as many as I have (2.5k), it might be possible if you only watch shorts, ova's, movies and commercials, a large portion of anime is T.V and those awhile to complete.

I have about a fifth of your Anime watch time, yet you have over 25 times as much Anime as me. Long Battle Shounen FTW ;)
Jun 1, 2015 10:22 PM

Aug 2009
myfoxhat said:
If someone with an extreme amount of anime series watched reads this, please correct me if I'm wrong as I'd like to know, but I feel like having seen that many animes, the enjoyment and uniqueness of any given series starts to dwindle. I've only seen a few anime series, I'm sure it'll take a lot more than that to diminish the enjoyment of anime series, but the reason why I love the series I've watched so far, mainly and especially Death Note, is because I haven't seen that many.

In my opinion, if I ever get to the point where I've seen 200+ animes, I won't even remember some of the biggest moments in some of them. 200 is so many episodes and moments that the vast majority of them will be almost forgotten except for the true outliers that were fantastic. Top tier anime. What about the mediocre ones that had their moments that you cherished but weren't part of the top 1% of best anime? You'll probably forget them. The most emotional moments loses their intensity because you've seen so many and they were expected. "Oh, that's how this anime kicks off the viewers emotions. Cool." But me, having seen only a few animes, I get devastated at sad parts. Same goes for epic parts that blow your mind.

Again, I would love to hear from someone who has seen a very large number of anime series and how this has affected them, if at all. I just feel like watching so much anime will eventually jade your reactions to any given series, and making you forget some of the moments you enjoyed most while you watched them.

I don't know if you consider 2.5K completed as a large number, but yeah over the 8 years that I've been watching anime now my interest has dwindled slightly, but also been renewed in many ways. When you discover a director you can check out all their past works and I've been really impressed with a few (Osamu Dezaki, Satoshi Kon, Masaaki Yuasa) I guess it also depends on your circle of friends and if you have friends that talk about anime often and are fairly knowledgeable on the subject you want to be able to stay "on their level". I remember when I first started I used to be able to binge watch 13 episode anime in a day, my watching speed has really decreased though.

I usually only just watch seasonals (usually about 8-12 every season) and maybe 1 or 2 completed series at the rate of maybe 1-2 episodes a day lol and sometimes throw in a movie or OVA. I've also binged on shorts/music videos/commercials in the past and those made my list grow exponentially. I don't really feel like I have as much drive to complete these nowadays though, but maybe I will go on another binge if some of my friends start taking a deep interest into them. So I guess it's a combination of community and habit and that keeps me watching. I like to discuss about anime and not being up-to-date or not knowing key players in the industry is really going to hinder your ability to do that depending on the circles you frequent.

As for your sentiment about forgetting pivotal/emotional moments in shows you watched it the past I still remember them, but perhaps not with as much awe as I used to. I've seen a lot of shit at this point and I'm not extremely impressed that often. I mean there is usually atleast 2-4 anime that impress me every season, but I very rarely see any "masterpiece" shows you speak of. I'm also fairly nostalgic about some of the anime that I started with like Berserk, Perfect Blue and Rurouni Kenshin. So I can't really say I'm completely objective or anything.
LoneWolfJun 1, 2015 10:28 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 1, 2015 10:30 PM
May 2015
Really do you think that watching anime on 1.00x speed can achieve that?

~I personally watch 3 different animes on different screen on one go at 1.5x speed.Yes all of them in one go.But after 6 months it really cracked up my head so i wouldn't recommend it.

~Maybe he did that and is continuously doing that which is somewhat amazing..And that can also explain why he have many animes/manga completed
If you're scared, you might as well just cling to my arm.
Jun 1, 2015 10:32 PM

Jun 2013
I could never imagine myself watch a lot of anime at the same time.
Jun 1, 2015 11:31 PM

Dec 2012
It's possible, but....

Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Dumb thing to lie about, but if they decide to lie then no reason to care.

^ I don't know why you're so caught up with this.

LashLethal said:
They obviously have no responsibilities in life, no job, no bills to pay, no girlfriend or boyfriend to please, no family to look after.

Right....you know them all so well.
Jun 1, 2015 11:58 PM

Aug 2009
cipheron said:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/FGAU1912

^ This one. 1685 days of anime (= 116673 episodes), and 12146 completed manga.

A lot of the series are older, so maybe he's a veteran and has watched anime non-stop for 30 years since 1985, which is 10950 days. Assuming he sleeps 8 hours a day, he watched anime for about 6 hours every day since 1985. That's doable.

He completes 404 mangas every year, so he's finishing > 1 manga a day on average. We can assume he reads manga for another 4 hours a day. Still doable.

He's also made 17338 forum posts in the last 4 years, so he keeps this average up while posting about 12 comments on MAL forums a day, seven days a week. Assuming he reads the forum and posts once every 5 minutes, that's another 1 hour a day posting. It's still doable.

That guy lives in Japan (i'm pretty sure of it) so its readily accessible
on the boob tube.

Also, 7k + seems insane, and unreal. I just think to myself 'are there even that many enjoyable anime out there?'
I've only come across 1500 anime that look decent. Good luck with the rest.
I bet the guy watched like 2000 music videos, 1000 ovas (hentai included), 1000 shorts, and 3000 shorter anime (10-15 episodes). Not a single one is a long one.
Jun 2, 2015 10:31 AM

May 2013
If you don't believe it, you are probably just jealous. :(
Jun 2, 2015 10:41 AM
Jan 2015
Who would lie about this stuff?

I would just think he's some no life person.
Jun 2, 2015 11:52 AM
May 2014
I personally watch anime for my own joy and don't care what the number of my 'watched' list is or will be, it's like this has come to the point where people are racing for the highest 'watched' list. If they really are faking their list they're just fooling themselves.
Jun 2, 2015 3:01 PM

Oct 2009
I believe they have no life

Jun 2, 2015 3:34 PM

Aug 2013
I don't really care about anime views I dislike this post farmers who joined like a month ago but have over 7000+ posts. not sure what they hoped to achieve beyond looking like an idiot.
Jun 2, 2015 4:27 PM

Aug 2013
I don't really care enough to question it, lol.
Jun 2, 2015 5:22 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Honestly, it surprises me how fast I can get through 100 shows/100 unique titles if I really want to. If I had a way to watch anime on my phone or something like other people can, then I'd get so much more anime done.
So 2k unique titles doesn't seem too far off, especially if you work a job (or no job) which doesn't require much of you. Then after your not-too-demanding job, you can go home and watch even more shows.

7k and 8k are a stretch, but it's still possible I think.
You can watch and post on MAL at the same time if you really want to. That's not too hard-- especially if a show's dubbed.
You can even watch two shows at the same time if you really want to.

The only thing I kinda raise a brow at is when people have a lot of anime while also having a lot of manga. I know some people read really fast, but I dunno...
You can also read manga while watching anime though, so hey.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 3, 2015 12:05 AM

Jun 2008
Swiggy said:
Honestly, it surprises me how fast I can get through 100 shows/100 unique titles if I really want to. If I had a way to watch anime on my phone or something like other people can, then I'd get so much more anime done.
So 2k unique titles doesn't seem too far off, especially if you work a job (or no job) which doesn't require much of you. Then after your not-too-demanding job, you can go home and watch even more shows.

7k and 8k are a stretch, but it's still possible I think.
You can watch and post on MAL at the same time if you really want to. That's not too hard-- especially if a show's dubbed.
You can even watch two shows at the same time if you really want to.

The only thing I kinda raise a brow at is when people have a lot of anime while also having a lot of manga. I know some people read really fast, but I dunno...
You can also read manga while watching anime though, so hey.

Sorry but watching two shows at the same time or watching while posting or browsing the internet is NOT watching. Is pretending of watching.
When you do such things you ain't paying attention on what you watch and you are hardly into the show. Later you will probably post in the episode discussion asking stupid shit that were obvious if you actually saw the episode instead of just using it as background noise.
You might as well not click play at all and just add it to the list. At least you are more honest to yourself about your watching list being lies.
Jun 3, 2015 12:45 AM
Mar 2014
I believe that there may be people out there who have watched that much, but I honestly doubt that most of the MAL users with that many entries have actually seen everything they've listed. I mean sure, it might be technically possible, but others have done the math already - it would take you an insane amount of time and require you to outright dedicate your entire life to Japanese animation.
Jun 3, 2015 1:08 AM

Dec 2012
Not counting shorts, I don't believe anything above 600.
Jun 3, 2015 1:10 AM
Mar 2011
tsudecimo said:

iv beem watch for most of my life as i ca remember
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 3, 2015 2:05 AM

Mar 2015
I look at my 260+ and go "dear lord what have I been doing?" before I realize that I wouldn't take back any of it. I love anime.

Jun 3, 2015 2:06 AM

Dec 2011
There are a few accounts out there that don't even pretend to be legit. For instance, http://myanimelist.net/profile/d00t uses a script that instantly adds every new manga entry to their completed manga list, and their completed anime list is basically a list of every single completed anime in the database.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 3, 2015 2:17 AM

Jul 2013
My manga list could reach 10,000 if MAL allow doujins to be added. I can't count the number of yaoi doujins that I have read already.
Jun 3, 2015 2:31 AM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:

Well, that's dumb.
Jun 3, 2015 3:12 AM
Mar 2011
keldeokun said:
FGAU1912 said:

lol bro, anyone who isn't a completely naive idiot knows you're full of horse shit. your list is as fake as Tara Reid's tits. it's honestly sad that there are people pathetic enough to do shit like this for bragging rights.
keldeokun said:
FGAU1912 said:

lol bro, anyone who isn't a completely naive idiot knows you're full of horse shit. your list is as fake as Tara Reid's tits. it's honestly sad that there are people pathetic enough to do shit like this for bragging rights.

is indeed i was lying would i not make my list the biggest yes i would but i only have the 3rd most completed anime by a disant amount by around 3000-4000 from 1st so right im not a bragrt
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 3, 2015 3:13 AM

Jan 2013
FGAU1912 said:
keldeokun said:

keldeokun said:

is indeed i was lying would i not make my list the biggest yes i would but i only have the 3rd most completed anime by a disant amount by around 3000-4000 from 1st so right im not a bragrt
damn dont you get tired of talking like this
Jun 3, 2015 3:14 AM
Mar 2011
dakotasapphire said:
cipheron said:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/FGAU1912

^ This one. 1685 days of anime (= 116673 episodes), and 12146 completed manga.

A lot of the series are older, so maybe he's a veteran and has watched anime non-stop for 30 years since 1985, which is 10950 days. Assuming he sleeps 8 hours a day, he watched anime for about 6 hours every day since 1985. That's doable.

He completes 404 mangas every year, so he's finishing > 1 manga a day on average. We can assume he reads manga for another 4 hours a day. Still doable.

He's also made 17338 forum posts in the last 4 years, so he keeps this average up while posting about 12 comments on MAL forums a day, seven days a week. Assuming he reads the forum and posts once every 5 minutes, that's another 1 hour a day posting. It's still doable.

on the boob tube.

Also, 7k + seems insane, and unreal. I just think to myself 'are there even that many enjoyable anime out there?'
I bet the guy watched like 2000 music videos, 1000 ovas (hentai included), 1000 shorts, and 3000 shorter anime (10-15 episodes). Not a single one is a long one.
bo

im only 3rd i hope you know space cowboy is mlies ahead
http://myanimelist.net/profile/spacecowboy

Jun 3, 2015 3:24 AM

May 2015
I don't know why anyone would lie about that lol
He won't get more "respect"
Jun 3, 2015 3:25 AM

Aug 2014
i don't really care about that.....so if he/her watched anime 7/8K did he/her get cookies.....
Jun 3, 2015 3:25 AM

Jun 2013
FGAU1912 said:
dakotasapphire said:

on the boob tube.

bo

But his list is fake.
Jun 3, 2015 3:29 AM

Jun 2014
Zyqs said:

:D
Jun 3, 2015 3:31 AM
Mar 2011
WitlessHippo said:
Zyqs said:

:D
FloatsBoats said:
FGAU1912 said:
bo

But his list is fake.

i doubt that ver much

Jun 3, 2015 3:37 AM

Apr 2012

MALgraph achievement: This is it.

(higher than database breaker)

Two years ago when I checked his profile it was still below 10000 level I remember
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 3, 2015 3:38 AM

Apr 2014
I'm telling you. In someway or another those people might be in touch with the illuminati.
Jun 3, 2015 3:40 AM

Mar 2015
bunny1ov3r said:

Two years ago when I checked his profile it was still below 10000 level I remember
is this legit?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 3, 2015 3:41 AM

Apr 2012
Unyilkdr said:
bunny1ov3r said:

is this legit?
It is. He had a lot 3 years ago.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 3, 2015 3:46 AM

Mar 2015
bunny1ov3r said:
Unyilkdr said:
is this legit?
but he still active until now. his list still growing up.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 3, 2015 3:49 AM

Jan 2015
I dunno....
Im not a seasonal patron and I avoid myself to watch too many ongoing animu
so I think I will never go up to that watched count
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Jun 3, 2015 3:55 AM

Feb 2013
mostly true, though i doubt they've seen 100% of those really long/old series
Jun 3, 2015 4:12 AM

Dec 2012
FGAU1912 said:
tsudecimo said:

You are the exception to the rule :]
Jun 3, 2015 4:17 AM
Mar 2013
I have a hard time believing anyone with 500+ completed series

a lot of the users who have seen 1000+ very rarely talk about many series other than a select few.
Jun 3, 2015 4:22 AM

Dec 2012
JD2411 said:
I have a hard time believing anyone with 500+ completed series

a lot of the users who have seen 1000+ very rarely talk about many series other than a select few.

Yup, and it's not hard to fake a couple of one liners to 'prove' you watched it, i.e : LucasRTS
Jun 3, 2015 4:28 AM

Aug 2013
tsudecimo said:
FGAU1912 said:

You are the exception to the rule :]

me too you believe me?
Jun 3, 2015 4:34 AM
Jul 2013
Well I believe them but if they are lying they only doing it to themselves really. Also some people don't have a life, they just go to school, after they back they watch all day anime to the pale night or morning and also sometimes during classes they manage to watch it, so no I'm not surprised about the high numbers of watched episoes/different animes and mangas. Tho what is hard to believe is that there might be someone who watched every single anime produced in this world, meaning that they must have watch it since they were born from day 1 which is impossible.
Jun 3, 2015 4:45 AM

Apr 2008
I don't believe people who have 2000+ completed, generally. I do believe lanblade and the rest of the 1500 club, but that's it. It's very easy to fake a list and most people who have seen 9000+ anime somehow all have terrible taste or their favorite anime is some random children's anime.

bunny1ov3r said:
Unyilkdr said:
is this legit?

It's not legit in the slightest. He uses a bot. He was using one back then, too.
Jun 3, 2015 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
Who cares?
Jun 3, 2015 4:53 AM

Aug 2013
tHe-OTAKU- said:
Who cares?

you
Jun 3, 2015 5:27 AM
Nov 2014
i believe
Jun 3, 2015 5:28 AM

Jul 2010
First of all, I think it doesn't matter if they have a real or a fake list since most people will never know for sure and they usually don't even care. But as the others already said, I don't really see point in making a fake list since you can't be honestly proud or happy if someone praises your list, you won't be able to help those that will come to you for some recommendations if you don't even know what is in your list and you will just embarrass yourself sooner or later.

And now to the main point I wanted to make when I read this thread. I don't like how people call those with a long lists automatically "no-lifers". I beg to differ because you can accumulate hundreds or even thousands of anime just in a couple of years by watching few hours every day for several years which is my case. I have seen vast majority of my anime in last 6 years since I have been working. I can only watch anime between 18:00-23:00 during weekdays and I have been doing so for the past 6 years averaging around 4 hours of watchtime everyday including weekends. This makes total of 365 days worth of anime in just 6 years and by watching only few hours everyday and leaving tons of time for work, family and other activities.
So no, you don't have to be a no-lifer to watch tons of anime, it's all about time management and dedication.
You would be surprised how many hours people spend on facebook, playing games or watching TV but no one keeps the track of that. So saying you don't believe in list with "X" amount of anime and more is just idiocy and you probably never did your math or really suck at your time management.

Well that was longer than expected.
Jun 3, 2015 5:51 AM
Jul 2013
_Dan_ said:
First of all, I think it doesn't matter if they have a real or a fake list since most people will never know for sure and they usually don't even care. But as the others already said, I don't really see point in making a fake list since you can't be honestly proud or happy if someone praises your list, you won't be able to help those that will come to you for some recommendations if you don't even know what is in your list and you will just embarrass yourself sooner or later.

And now to the main point I wanted to make when I read this thread. I don't like how people call those with a long lists automatically "no-lifers". I beg to differ because you can accumulate hundreds or even thousands of anime just in a couple of years by watching few hours every day for several years which is my case. I have seen vast majority of my anime in last 6 years since I have been working. I can only watch anime between 18:00-23:00 during weekdays and I have been doing so for the past 6 years averaging around 4 hours of watchtime everyday including weekends. This makes total of 365 days worth of anime in just 6 years and by watching only few hours everyday and leaving tons of time for work, family and other activities.
So no, you don't have to be a no-lifer to watch tons of anime, it's all about time management and dedication.
You would be surprised how many hours people spend on facebook, playing games or watching TV but no one keeps the track of that. So saying you don't believe in list with "X" amount of anime and more is just idiocy and you probably never did your math or really suck at your time management.

Well that was longer than expected.

Now when I see your meaning of No-Lifer I can say it's differ from what I call a No-Lifer if you read my earlier post on this page. So to sum it up, for me No-Lifer is a person who doesn't have control over it and watch it pretty much all day in the same time it INTERFERE with their daily routine or learning and so on.
Jun 3, 2015 6:06 AM

Jul 2013
Maybe they watch at 2x speed or something.
I can't even imagine myself getting 1k, not for a decade at least.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 9 hours ago

35 by Cronosmu »»
5 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

50 by TsutanaiFuun »»
14 minutes ago

» Great Teacher Onizuka

Enn - Mar 21, 2007

10 by TheMechaManiac »»
22 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

67 by Spunkert »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

33 by deg »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.