Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 29, 2015 1:06 PM

Apr 2013
Furtive_Pygmy said:
Zefyris said:
Actually, there's a story behind that name.

Hestia is super happy to have gotten that one for a reason, although she needed the help of Freiya for this. Without Freiya, Bell would have had a chuu2 name.
Well, Bell is 14 years old so a chuu2 name was what he was hopping for though (but the gods are trembling in fear at the idea of such names). Most level 2 have chuu2 names actually, except for powerful familia.

But the assembly was completely skipped so there's no way it's understood.

What is this "chuu2" thing?

you know, any chuunibyou naming sense as you see a lot for comedy purpose. If you watched "chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai" for example, you should know what I'm talking about, since that show pokes fun at that kind of naming.
Like "burning fighting fighter", "fire inferno flame", and so on.

To explain more in details what is missed in the episode about the assembly and what is is, the assembly is composed only of the gods who has at least one level 2 or above as part of their familia. If you gain a level 2, you join, if all the level 2 you have die/change god, you're dismissed.
That assembly decide nicknames for any adventurer who passed a level since the last assembly of that type. A nickname can actually be changed everytime an adventurer pass a level, so you can have at level 2, one at level3, and so on, or they can decide to keep the same. For example, that same assembly looked at Ais' nickname as well since she did pass from 5 to 6 recently, but they decided to keep 'kenki' as her name. You'll notice that this one isn't chuuni. That's because she's from Loki familia, who is one of the most powerful familia around, and gods don't want to get on the bad side of Loki.

Gods in that assembly are having a lot of fun putting chuuni names for new level 2 of weak familia. This is almost a ritual of bullying. The gods, as "adults" are finding chuuni names absolutely unbearable (think of how as an adult you would react as receiving such name, this is an utter humiliation), and therefore gods from weak familia are fearing those assemblies. That's why Hestia makes such a serious face before entering. And why Takemikaduchi, who also has a fresh lvl2 (called Mikoto. Remember the name, she'll get more and more important from now on. That's also an info that was skipped so adding her name here) is also seriously motivated in stopping the other gods from deciding a chuu2 name for her little new level 2.
Unfortunately, motivated or not, there is no way in such assembly for a weak familia to avoid that bullying. Gods are enjoying that far too much, and looking at gods who got weird names for their familia writhing in mental pain around the table is just too amusing.
Hestia will manage to get for Bell a non-chuu2 name due to the intervention of Freiya asking all the male gods (who are pretty much all in love with her) to be gentle with Bell. This is actually important, because this brings Hestia to suspect that Freiya is actually after Bell for the first time.
Also, that assembly is supposed to be the first time we see a god appearing in the opening and ending since the beginning of the show, called Hermes. Without entering into further details, you see in that event that he seems to have a rather huge tendency to keep a neutral stance in most things.

Edit: and about the infant dragon being a floor boss: It's not, but sort of is. Here:

To explain more in detail about that floor boss comparison/
The huge difference are
-spawning rate (floor boss after being downed don't spawn back for 2 weeks)
-having up to 5 infant dragon in a level instead of zero to 1 for floor bosses
-sheer strength. A floor boss is considered two level above the place he is. So if it's a floor boss from intermediate levels, it's considered to be a level 4 rare rather than a level 2 rare. Furthermore, those floor boss don't need just a small party like the Infant Dragons. They usually needs a full raid to be downed.
The infant Dragon's only reason to be compared to floor boss is that it's the closest thing of a Floor boss that the upper level have. It's still a level 1 rare and powerful monster rather than a level 4 minimum boss
-size. The infant dragon is huge already, but Floor bosses are usually even larger than that.

BTW, that last line about the Infant dragon that you both quoted has a seriously awful translation level, ugh.
ZefyrisMay 29, 2015 2:48 PM
May 29, 2015 1:06 PM

Feb 2015

Welf seems like the kind of bro Bell needs in his team.

RIP Burning Fighting Fighter! You will be missed but never forgotten.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2015 1:08 PM

Apr 2012
"Welf Crozzo has joined your party." Pretty cool, never thought Crozzo would be the redhead though.

PLamus1 said:
Ushiwakamaru? That's an odd name for a dagger. Mino-tan suited it better.
I don't know, it means Ox Youth, kind of an adequate name.
May 29, 2015 1:13 PM

Apr 2012
This was more of a recruitment episode but I like Welf. Seems like they glossed over a lot of stuff though.

May 29, 2015 1:20 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty good episode considering what it had to follow from last week. Enjoyed the new companion very much. Can some LN readers tell me what vol. the anime is currently at?
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 29, 2015 1:21 PM

Dec 2010
Zefyris said:
Furtive_Pygmy said:

What is this "chuu2" thing?

you know, any chuunibyou naming sense as you see a lot for comedy purpose. If you watched "chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai" for example, you should know what I'm talking about, since that show pokes fun at that kind of naming.
Like "burning fighting fighter", "fire inferno flame", and so on.

To explain more in details what is missed in the episode about the assembly and what is is, the assembly is composed only of the gods who has at least one level 2 or above as part of their familia. If you gain a level 2, you join, if all the level 2 you have die/change god, you're dismissed.
That assembly decide nicknames for any adventurer who passed a level since the last assembly of that type. A nickname can actually be changed everytime an adventurer pass a level, so you can have at level 2, one at level3, and so on, or they can decide to keep the same. For example, that same assembly looked at Ais' nickname as well since she did pass from 5 to 6 recently, but they decided to keep 'kenki' as her name. You'll notice that this one isn't chuuni. That's because she's from Loki familia, who is one of the most powerful familia around, and gods don't want to get on the bad side of Loki.

Gods in that assembly are having a lot of fun putting chuuni names for new level 2 of weak familia. This is almost a ritual of bullying. The gods, as "adults" are finding chuuni names absolutely unbearable (think of how as an adult you would react as receiving such name, this is an utter humiliation), and therefore gods from weak familia are fearing those assemblies. That's why Hestia makes such a serious face before entering. And why Takemikaduchi, who also has a fresh lvl2 (called Mikoto. Remember the name, she'll get more and more important from now on. That's also an info that was skipped so adding her name here) is also seriously motivated in stopping the other gods from deciding a chuu2 name for her little new level 2.
Unfortunately, motivated or not, there is no way in such assembly for a weak familia to avoid that bullying. Gods are enjoying that far too much, and looking at gods who got weird names for their familia writhing in mental pain around the table is just too amusing.
Hestia will manage to get for Bell a non-chuu2 name due to the intervention of Freiya asking all the male gods (who are pretty much all in love with her) to be gentle with Bell. This is actually important, because this brings Hestia to suspect that Freiya is actually after Bell for the first time.
Also, that assembly is supposed the first time we see a god appearing in the opening and ending since the beginning of the Show, Hermes. Without entering in details, you see in that episode that he seems to have a rather huge tendency to keep a neutral stance in most things.

Edit: and about the infant dragon being a floor boss: It's not, but sort of is. Here:

To explain more in detail about that floor boss comparison/
The huge difference are
-spawning rate (floor boss after being downed don't spawn back for 2 weeks)
-having up to 5 instead of zero to 1
-sheer strength. A floor boss is considered two level above the place he is. So if it's a floor boss from intermediate levels, it's considered to be a level 4 rare rather than a level 2 rare. Furthermore, those floor boss don't need just a small party like the Infant Dragons. They usually needs a full raid to be downed.
The infant Dragon's only reason to be compared to floor boss is that it's the closest thing of a Floor boss that the upper level have.
-size. The infant dragon is huge already, but Floor bosses are usually even larger than that.
Whoa that's a lot of good information. Thanks.

Anyways, I thought this episode was really enjoyable. It's too bad they've got to cut so much out.
May 29, 2015 1:30 PM

Aug 2013
Excellent episode, I'm getting more and more excited about the story, certainly besides the manga I also will begin to read the LN, Bell is getting pretty badass, also quite liked the new character, Welf is a good character to this plot, for now things are agitated and I hope it gets even more exciting ..
May 29, 2015 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
Bell got a new skill.

We got a new member who has join Bell's party!
May 29, 2015 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
bobzanny said:
Pretty good episode considering what it had to follow from last week. Enjoyed the new companion very much. Can some LN readers tell me what vol. the anime is currently at?

We just finished volume 4 with this one.
May 29, 2015 1:38 PM

Oct 2013
Man Welf is pretty cool!

And this anime actually got sorta good after the previous episode
May 29, 2015 1:38 PM

Jan 2015
Zefyris said:
bobzanny said:

Ah thank you. Is it adapting the material pretty well? After these last few episodes I want to jump into the LN.
May 29, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2013
bobzanny said:
Zefyris said:

Ah thank you. Is it adapting the material pretty well? After these last few episodes I want to jump into the LN.

That's 9 episodes for 4 novels. It's very rushed, so no, it's not doing a good job.
I wouldn't say that the anime isn't entertaining as a simple anime, but as an adaptation it's a pretty huge fail, and as far as story goes, so many things aren't explained in the anime that they appear to be illogical, product of sheer luck, and so on, whereas they aren't, so the storytelling level is downgraded by a lot. The LN storytelling isn't exceptional, but it's consistent, without illogical behavior/ events, and without a single plot hole so far.
May 29, 2015 1:47 PM

Dec 2013
Horrid. But only 4 episodes left, eh, I'll deal with it.
May 29, 2015 2:11 PM

Jan 2015
Zefyris said:
bobzanny said:

That's 9 episodes for 4 novels. It's very rushed, so no, it's not doing a good job.
I wouldn't say that the anime isn't entertaining as a simple anime, but as an adaptation it's a pretty huge fail, and as far as story goes, so many things aren't explained in the anime that they appear to be illogical, product of sheer luck, and so on, whereas they aren't, so the storytelling level is downgraded by a lot. The LN storytelling isn't exceptional, but it's consistent, without illogical behavior/ events, and without a single plot hole so far.

Sigh....I figured as much. But that just means that when I read the LN that there will be a few more surprises and depth to the series. Thanks for the info.
May 29, 2015 2:18 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Once again, Ryuu demonstrated that she is not to be messed with. I like how she didn't make direct contact with that scum adventurer but took care of him all the same. Keeping her ways of being an Elf even when standing her ground, I see.

Welf is bro character and a nice addition to Bell's party. Even though he has stopped making magical items, hopefully he'll make an exception for Bell out of consideration as a teammate.

That Argonaut charged Faiaboltu though.. Quite impressive! With each level up, Bell seems to be achieving some cool skills. Wonder what level 3 awaits him.

Decent episode overall, though it looks like J.C. Staff is skipping a lot of materials. Thanks to Zefyris and Zara-san for the info and clarifications. I probably should get to actually read the LN.

May 29, 2015 2:19 PM

Apr 2012
damn Bell is just too overpowered
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 29, 2015 2:26 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Riiiight uhm... that was like the entirety of volume 4 in one episode, wtf o.o

Granted v4 didn't have a whole lot of things happening in it so I can understand shortening it down but this much?

Well I wasn't expecting that at all. Furthermore now we suddenly have 4 episodes left of content from volume 5 and maybe 6 or something in that case which is more than what has been translated so now I have no idea what's gonna happen next

Uncalled for
May 29, 2015 2:28 PM

Apr 2013
Even though he has stopped making magical items, hopefully he'll make an exception for Bell out of consideration as a teammate.

Bell is actually absolutely not interested into makens. Those are very nice tools to avoid having to chant the spell while in combat and still fire an offensive spell. But Bell already have no chant time for his spell, which means that he doesn't have to stay without moving during cast anyway. Sure, it would avoid sapping his mind and in case of Crozzo's maken could provide superior firepower compared to his Firebolt (at the very least his firebolt without the 3 mn Argonaut). But that's not as much as other adventurers would benefit from.
If anything, Lili, who had one before during the second arc, or another member of Bell's party like Welf himself could make use of one some time.

Well I wasn't expecting that at all. Furthermore now we suddenly have 4 episodes left of content from volume 5 and maybe 6

This will be volume 5 only. It's obvious why they're doing that. I wish they choose to make a 2 cour to avoid that problem rather than choosing the rush, but anyway, it's obvious. As you saw just now, volume 4 is the onlly volume around that doesn't have an epic final fight after volume 2. All the other have, but volume 4 feels like a transition toward the 5, which is the end of the main first arc as well.
So they had the choice in 1 cour to
-adapt without skipping only 3 volumes (like hell they're doing to do that, dream on, unfortunately)
-adapt up to volume 4, for a pace somehow correct, but have a very anticlimatic ending,e specially after the end of volume 3.
- Rush everything and go to the epicness which is volume 5's last battle

They took the last one, obviously. The choice above would have completely changed if they did it in two cour, since the volume 6 also have an epic ending in its own genre.
And since they want that last battle from volume 5, they're going to give at least one full episode to it. which means that they need to arrive to 2/3rd of volume 5 by either the end of the 11th episode or somewhere during the 12th episode at worst. Hence the rush to reach the beginning of the 5th volume with the 10th episode already, since volume 5 has a lot of fight scenes and dialogues even before reaching that last scene.
ZefyrisMay 29, 2015 2:37 PM
May 29, 2015 2:32 PM

Apr 2014
SchwingBoner said:

amen to that T-T

May 29, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2013
Well... that was something. Like a clip show from the 2-3 episodes that could have been Volume 4.

That's his stats from before the minotaurus' fight. His lasts stats before leveling up, which should be the one shown before being kept as an hidden values after his rank up, were all SS except for Agi which was above SS.

I think you're mistaken here. Bell's stat increase post-Minotaur is the level up, which brings a vast increase in ability all by itself while resetting the values.
May 29, 2015 2:42 PM

Apr 2013
CNagy said:
Well... that was something. Like a clip show from the 2-3 episodes that could have been Volume 4.

That's his stats from before the minotaurus' fight. His lasts stats before leveling up, which should be the one shown before being kept as an hidden values after his rank up, were all SS except for Agi which was above SS.

I think you're mistaken here. Bell's stat increase post-Minotaur is the level up, which brings a vast increase in ability all by itself while resetting the values.

I'm not mistaken.
slight spoiler from volume 6 below

Still, that's a complete mistake anyway.
ZefyrisMay 29, 2015 2:46 PM
May 29, 2015 2:45 PM
Aug 2014
SchwingBoner said:

[/center]

lmao that was from ore no kanojo?

Bell is getting OP as fck that enhanced headshot firebolt. Great to see a blacksmith joining the team, save dem repair munehs
May 29, 2015 2:47 PM

Nov 2013
hestia reminds me of snooki from jersey shore
Ais > Hestia
May 29, 2015 2:52 PM

Dec 2013
Ushiwakamaru? Okay, i'm going to remember that

I never read the manga, but i felt that the Welf apresentation was a little rushed, i don't know º~º
But i liked the episode. Now we have the full party... maybe
May 29, 2015 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
Hmm that Argonaut skill looks to be some kind of charging skill, depending on how many monsters you take down, it sparkles when available.

Awesome to see that the red hair was the Crozzo blacksmith, I wonder about that curse though...
May 29, 2015 3:33 PM
Dec 2013
Bell is hilariously overpowered.
May 29, 2015 4:15 PM
May 2015
Too bad anime's based on LN always rush since most don't get a 2nd season....I'd read the Danmachi Ln but didn't it get picked up by Yen Press? So no translations anymore and I hate reading something and left hanging (looking at you SAO)
May 29, 2015 4:17 PM

Apr 2013
SovereignSky said:
Too bad anime's based on LN always rush since most don't get a 2nd season....I'd read the Danmachi Ln but didn't it get picked up by Yen Press? So no translations anymore and I hate reading something and left hanging (looking at you SAO)

You can always buy them to yen press you know. It's not like there isn't online bookstore which can send them to your home in a lot of country without paying shipping costs...
May 29, 2015 4:21 PM

Jan 2008
Does the LN or something have more info on Argonaut? Based on this episode, all I seem to think it is is a skill that just is broken OP on monsters stronger than Bell.
May 29, 2015 4:26 PM

Apr 2013
Paul said:
Does the LN or something have more info on Argonaut? Based on this episode, all I seem to think it is is a skill that just is broken OP on monsters stronger than Bell.

Yes. Cf
page 1 post 15 of this thread.
May 29, 2015 4:28 PM

May 2015
Felt like Welf his time to shine was a bit too rushed, since they spent so much time on Lili's past. However it was a good episode and I really like Welp already.

Also damn Bell that's some sick new power you got there
May 29, 2015 4:30 PM

Jun 2011
Welf was a pretty interesting char, I wonder if we get to learn more about him anytime soon.

Anywho Bell's Argonaut sounds freaking OP.
May 29, 2015 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
Zefyris said:
Paul said:

Yes. Cf
page 1 post 15 of this thread.

Ah, didn't even bother to check the previous posts. So it's just a charge spell. A bit disappointing. Always saw Bell as a agile/physical attacker type person with just a Firebolt spell for minor trash and support, didn't think his first skill would be magic, unless he can apply it to his dagger or something.
May 29, 2015 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
Nice relaxing episode, it went by fast.
Wonder how many levels there are, if Bell is only level 2 and all rank S abilities.
May 29, 2015 5:06 PM

Feb 2012
firebolt!!!! I've seen a few people talk about other swords i'm guessing it's the black and red one in the OP. Does this mean he'll be using three different weapons?
May 29, 2015 5:20 PM

May 2014
I really feel like reading the LN now. This episode was my favourite it even topped last week's probably because they introduced a Welf. Bell has a party now!
May 29, 2015 5:22 PM
May 2015
Zefyris said:
SovereignSky said:

You can always buy them to yen press you know. It's not like there isn't online bookstore which can send them to your home in a lot of country without paying shipping costs...

Yeah but I mean, like I'm already caught up with series X translations (till official license) yet Yen Press just started, it takes them around 3 months to even release the 1st vol of 19 so far and 3 months after is vol 2, so 3 months in between means to catch up with the series due to not being translated anymore, I'd have to wait 3-5 years.......that's my point.

Back on topic, I was hoping the new knife would look cooler or have a special effect, it's made from a rare minotaur after all or did Aiz and co. not notice the red fur....
May 29, 2015 5:34 PM
Apr 2013
Zefyris said:
BTW, that last line about the Infant dragon that you both quoted has a seriously awful translation level, ugh.

ikr...

Unfortunately, I can't read enough Japanese to read them, so I've been going through the stuff that's been (from what I can tell) machine translated to English and edited.

Even more unfortunately, those do not include anything past volume 5 chapter 1. I found some chinese translations, which could then be translated to English to read but.....

He was overwhelmed with coercion Horta 阿斯菲 one, whispered, "I thought to die ......" back, Freya just watched in silence.

Yeah... So now if I want to read them, I basically have to translate them myself, from Chinese, since I can't find any Japanese raws that would be much much easier to translate, since I at least know some Japanese - mostly grammar would be the helpful part, since I'd probably machine translate/edit them and only hand-translate things that come out really bad like that quote up there. (Which I have yet to crack because ofc I don't know anything about Chinese grammar.)

Sadly, it looks like I have a lot of work ahead of me if I want to keep reading the series. :(
May 29, 2015 5:52 PM

Jul 2014
that camera angle at the beginning though

Finally introduced the red-haired guy in the OP and ED, I was wondering who he was... a little late IMO seeing as we're three-quarters through this season...
May 29, 2015 6:03 PM

Jun 2010
giganta said:
firebolt!!!! I've seen a few people talk about other swords i'm guessing it's the black and red one in the OP. Does this mean he'll be using three different weapons?

He has since Lili gave him the baselard. He's always had two daggers (Hestia Knife + Newb Loan Dagger from the Guild) and the Baselard, plus Firebolt. This dagger replaces his Newb Loan Dagger.
May 29, 2015 6:17 PM
Feb 2013
Umm he broke one of his knifes while fighting the ape thing before he got the hestia knife, don't remember if it was the loan dagger or the one he got from lili
May 29, 2015 6:21 PM

May 2013
Fire Blizzard? Tornado Typhoon? Burning Fighting Fighter? Silly Bell. You get stuck with Little Rookie.
Seems like Welf Crozzo is a pretty cool guy. He even made Ushiwakamaru for Bell.
But to me, seems like they'll get screwed somehow in the next episode.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
May 29, 2015 6:21 PM
Jan 2013
My main man welf joins the fray
May 29, 2015 6:32 PM

Jul 2014
At first i was like "Woah this Welf-san is too good to be true, does he have some liili like ambition to use bell-kun" but then i saw the ED where he was underneath the tree with bell kun and hestia and lilli and i was assured that he is a good guy.. YAY!!
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
May 29, 2015 6:44 PM

Nov 2013
any idea what is the name of the backgroud music directly after Bell killed the baby dragon, and when Hestia explaining his new power. i keep repeating that part for almost 10 times now.
May 29, 2015 7:02 PM

Nov 2014
1 volume =1 episode? hahah that was some rushing....
May 29, 2015 7:06 PM

Aug 2009
Burning Fighting Fighter... now that's an epic name! hahahhah xD

I find it kinda of weird they're still introducing characters even if we are already in episode 8..

but hey, nice episode =)
May 29, 2015 7:06 PM

Jun 2013
Not as good as last week but another pretty good episode :)
May 29, 2015 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
This was a great episode. I really like Welf Crozzo. He seems like a really cool guy and valuable to Bell's team. He's able to make magic-based equipment which is perfect for Bell. Bell's Argonaut ability activating to defeat that baby dragon got my pretty hyped. xD I'm looking forward to seeing Bell, Welf and Lili work together more often.
5/5
May 29, 2015 7:46 PM

Feb 2009
New guy is better than Bell.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.