Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 23, 2015 10:39 AM

Mar 2015
I don't actually exist. My favorite directors are Park Chan-wook, Takashi Miike, and Gareth Evans. My favorite genre is horror and I love "extreme cinema".
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 23, 2015 10:47 AM
Silly Loy '3'

Jun 2014
Hmm, I'm Roy o/
Almost 23 years old and I love movies in general.
Mostly older ones as I think the way most newer movies go is just lame >.>
Also, 3d sucks.

My favorites are Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Beverly hills Cop series, lots more OwO

I can't watch horror though >.>
May 23, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
May 23, 2015 1:48 PM

Sep 2009
To be honest I'm not much of a film buff, but meh.

I have 3x3 of my favourite movies.

May 23, 2015 2:16 PM

May 2014
I like dystopian movies, and anything shocking or with a twist.

My favorites are: Children of Men, Se7en, Natural Born Killers, The Village, Kokuhaku.

May 23, 2015 6:06 PM

Oct 2014
I'm Emerson
18 years old
I don't watch movies as much as I used to. My favourite movie as a kid was School of Rock. My favourite genre is comedy, but I'll enjoy anything well-written. Writing > visuals.
May 23, 2015 6:25 PM

Nov 2011
Hello, call me Lunar, Dya, or Proxy, I'll answer to any. Heck, I still answer to Khaos, and I dropped that username last year.

Not big into films, but I enjoy them. If I'm interested in a movie from beginning to end, it was a good movie. If I'm not, the movie failed somewhere. I don't really have a favorite genre, either.

My favorite movies are: Donnie Darko, Fight Club, GOTH, Limitless, The Sky Crawlers, Jin-Roh, The Wind Rises, and School of Rock. I see similarities in a few of those, but I can't really pinpoint it.

Also, very few people even know what GOTH is. Go watch it. It's glorious.

Other movies I enjoy are The Truman Show, Bruce Almighty, Spiderman 2, basically anything Ghibli, and a few others I've forgotten. I tend to be pretty picky on movies, though I've mostly seen superhero films, which I'm not a huge fan of.
May 24, 2015 12:44 AM

May 2012
Hello, I am Jewgeni. If I exist or not is a philosophical question I won't tackle right now.

My favorite films are truly the Lord of the Rings trilogy. However, the Hobbit trilogy is a major step back from the quality of the previous trilogy, if you ask me.

However, I hope we can get along!
May 24, 2015 2:43 AM
May 2015
Cool club :)

Im 19 years old, and I like to consider myself a big fan of movies in general. I dont really have favorite genre, but i like to feel emotions whilst watching movies, like fright, sorrow, happiness ect. If i can feel a strong emotion, then i know its a good movie.

My favorite movies include: Hotaru no Haka, A clockwork orange, This is England and Funny games.
May 24, 2015 3:24 AM

Jul 2014
I'm a 20 something year old that looks older than I actually am.
I enjoy trolling my close friends.

Prefered genres of (non-anime) film is horror, black comedy, & thrillers.
In anime anything goes, I'll watch anything.

I spend most of my time trying to decide whether to watch something from my anime watchlist or from my IMDB watchlist.
May 24, 2015 5:57 AM

Sep 2014
captainroyy said:
I'm Roy

17 years old. I hate like anime (obviously), video games, music and of course, films. Like anime, I don't really have a specific preference for movies so there's that. I've seen a lot more movies than anime and still got quite a lot of titles on my plate that I should get to watching. My free-time consists of debating which movie or anime should I get to finishing or playing some video games and sometimes reading manga.
May 24, 2015 7:12 AM
Silly Loy '3'

Jun 2014
Welcome everyone, nice meeting you :3

Another Roy :D
May 24, 2015 9:35 AM

Mar 2015
Name's Jason, aside from anime I love horror movies. I like comedy, action, romcom's, stuff like that too, but horror is by far my favorite.
May 24, 2015 10:52 AM
Nov 2013
Hello
I'm Ahmed, 17 years old
I used to watch movies alot, stopped for 3 years, and now I am picking them up again
My favourite ones so far are : The Dark Knight & Harry Potter
May 25, 2015 3:07 AM

May 2014
Yo! Apparently I've been invited to join the club lol.
Axzqueen here, 18 and I can say that I'm a horror fan.
Haven't watched much of Live Action Films.
I fairly enjoy all genres but of course, horror holds a special place in my heart.

Nice to meet you all.
May 26, 2015 5:39 PM

Jan 2012
It's obvious that I love watching movies. I love watching movies way more than anime. A 19 year old twat.

My favorite movies are a lot and can be split, for instance: The Mirror, Persona.
2001: A Space Odyssey.
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, The Shining.
Mysterious Skin, Donnie Darko.
Pulp Fiction, The Good, the bad and the ugly.
The Breakfast Club, Groundhog Day. Sixteen Candles, etc.

I love boring movies in general and if the music is too good for my ears.

Here's my list: http://letterboxd.com/sleepybonjour/
FabioMay 26, 2015 5:42 PM
May 26, 2015 6:38 PM

Sep 2012
I don't really have a genre preference, but a lot of my favorite films are big, stylized projects with fancy sets. I try to be optimistic about the movies I watch because I think it's important to be able to talk about them and 99% of the time I find people who like a movie have more interesting things to say about it. It don't mean I like all movies, but I like talking about all movies.

I have a lot of favorite films, but there are 19 in particular I would name:

http://letterboxd.com/ghadius/
Jun 1, 2015 6:10 PM

Jan 2015
My name is Denise and I'm 17 years old.
I love psychological/horror movies but I don't really have a favorite one, nice to meet you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2015 11:07 PM
Aug 2012
Hello. I'm Alex. I like all types of genre especially comedy. Not a fan too much of horror movies anymore. Mostly like funny scary movies but not horror movies. Not like bad funny movies but good funny horror movies.
Jun 16, 2015 10:40 AM

Jul 2014
Hi guys this is a bit of a late introduction but hello there I'm 17 years old and I'm a very big fan of cinema. In fact I aspire to be a writer and director when I leave school. I'm open to any pretty much any genre of film.

My favourite movies include:
Pulp Fiction
A Clockwork Orange
The Shawshank Redemption
Seven Samurai
Taxi Driver
The Godfather (Parts I and II)
Take care of yourself

Jun 21, 2015 1:13 AM

May 2014
Hello hello everyone! I'm a big fan of film and a complete Netflix junkie. I like all sorts of genres. My favorite movies include:
Heathers
The Hunt
Submarine
Taxi Driver
Pi
Donnie Darko
Incendies
And so many more, I should stop now haha
Jun 28, 2015 5:32 PM
May 2015
Favourite directors: Sergio Leone, Nagisa Oshima, Andrei Tarkovsky, Nicholas Winding Rfen, Takashi Miike, Hayao Miyazaki, Ingmar Bergman, David Cronenberg, Shinya Tsukamoto.

Favourite films: Solaris, The Good The Bad & The Ugly, Spirited Away, Persona, Once Upon A Time In The West, Videodrome.

At the moment I'm trying to just get through the films of David Cronenberg, Koreeda and Takeshi Kitano before moving onto David Lynch.

Honestly, I'm not that into anime, but I can appreciate some stuff, I guess I'm on here for if I watch an animated film or something, like I occasionally do.
Jul 10, 2015 5:02 AM

Oct 2012
Sup. Prefacing this by saying that I haven't watched a lot of movies nor have I watched film (seriously) in a couple months. Hopefully this club will reignite my drive to delve deeper into film.

I like a lot of film but my favorite titles are Fight Club, City of God, Clockwork Orange, and a few others of the sort.

My letterboxd account: http://letterboxd.com/ducat_revel/
Aug 12, 2015 6:44 PM

Apr 2012
My god, the Uber presence is strong here.

Anyways, I'm Nick.
A lot of my favorite movies can found on my MAL Profile, but for those too lazy to look I like The Matrix, The Shawshank Redemption, American Beauty, Pulp Fiction, and Fight Club.
Aug 20, 2015 12:01 PM

Nov 2012
Greetings everyone.

Generally I'll watch anything that isn't romance drama, animated films or comedy.

my favorite action films in particular: Equilibrium, John Wick, Fight Club, The Raid (both), The Equalizer, Ong Bak, Taken (all 3), Dredd, Kingsman.... well basically anything with bloody fights that doesn't have the boring PG-13 rating on it

my favorite sci-fi: Star Trek, Star Wars (yes, I love both. got problem with that?), Alien franchise, Interstellar and first Starship Troopers.

I like epic movie too, like LOTR, Alexander, and Kingdom Of Heaven.

and Chinese martial arts movies like Ip Man and Red Cliffs
....of all the arts, for us the cinema is the most important.

-- Vladimir Lenin
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Suggest A Movie To Be Spotlighted

shipgirls - May 23, 2015

19 by Ducat_Revel »»
Jul 10, 2015 5:08 AM

» Exploitation Film / Shock Cinema

Orion1 - May 31, 2015

8 by Cyclops_23 »»
Jun 28, 2015 5:12 PM

» Spotlight Film: In Bruges - Martin McDonagh

shipgirls - Jun 2, 2015

4 by Billyisback »»
Jun 21, 2015 1:18 AM

» Guilty Pleasure Film(s)

shipgirls - Jun 1, 2015

3 by Billyisback »»
Jun 21, 2015 12:53 AM

» Spotlight Film: Goth - Gen Takahashi

shipgirls - May 24, 2015

5 by shipgirls »»
May 31, 2015 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.