Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 23, 2015 11:50 AM
May 2015
4/5

Some are overrating the episide.. It was good nothing else. Bell was good(finally) Aiz is still bland as a rock. Yet some people think she's best girl when Hestia/Hepha/Lili is there..Freya is too over the top. Syr is pretty much..there nothing stands out. This show doesn't know what it wants to be. Focus on character and works building. Harem suck for the most and are cringeworthy in this
May 23, 2015 1:13 PM

Oct 2014
i rlly think freya is syr tho

lol bell is out for aiz ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 23, 2015 1:39 PM

Dec 2013
Inugirlz said:
Zefyris said:

Bete acts tough but he's quite a nice guy. He was actually going to comply to Lili's request to save Bell. Some of the things he did afterwards are hinting that way too. he's bas a tsundere flurry guy.

lol 'nice guy' is pushing it. he's not evil, but he's rude and therefore not nice. But yeah i got the impression he was a tsundere.

Bete's rude personality only comes out when he's had a few too many drinks. Normally his inner feelings are pushed way down that no one really knows about them. Regardless, he is remorseful for what he did to Bell at the Mistress of Abundance, though his pride just won't allow him to apologize. That's why he was going to accept Lili's request for help (well... he also wants to impress Aiz...).

The only thing I can think of that may change his deposition is when he figures out that Aiz is interested in Bell and vice versa. It's really easy to love the little guys when you don't see them as a threat, but if he ever finds out that Bell is pining for the girl that he too is (not so secretly) pining for, then who knows....

Inugirlz said:
Zefyris said:

Freiya has two unfair advantage (he supernatural beauty which mess up the head of anyone close enough, and her eyes allowing her to see humans' potential) on almost all other gods in getting the strong adventurers she wants. As long as she doesn't mess with other strong Familia like Loki familia, her "opponents " cannot do anything due to this. That's especially bad since gods swore to not use their power, but those two advantages works passively, so she cannot deactivate those and that therefore they aren't infringing gods rules.

well damn should this be in a spoiler tag? Not that I mind tho. But she's still an annoying ass hoe.

This really isn't a spoiler, they explained this in the Novel by Volume 3 already. It's because they couldn't include every single exposition from the novel in the anime that we're having such a dissonance in information here. That's also why Zefyris and some of us Novel readers have been explaining the parts that don't seem to make sense, for the enjoyment of the rest of y'all. Like he mentioned in a previous post, they condensed a 300 page novel into two 22 minute episodes here. Even as simple and as straightforward as the story progression is, there's plenty of details that were lost in the transition.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 23, 2015 2:04 PM

Jun 2010
Holy Schnitzel !!!! that fight had me looking like Freya the whole time.
as generic as bell's character is I wont lie. the kid's a beast.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
May 23, 2015 2:49 PM

Mar 2008
LunyRed said:
Such a well-choreographed fight! It was intense! Like most everyone has said here, Bell fighting the Minotaur reminded me of Kirito's fight against the Minotaur boss in SAO. For Bell-kun, he put up a great fight, never giving up. And then there were even a group of people, including Ais, who witnessed Bell's hard fought victory against the powerful opponent. I'm glad Lili's safe too. Now Bell is under Hestia's care, and loli Goddess is very VERY proud of Bell, that's for sure. :')

Or Hestia is very upset. His accomplishment in the episode was outstanding. But his actions were reckless and borderline suicidal. Fighting to secure Lilli's escape was reasonable since there was no other way for them. But once backup had arrived, it was just pure arrogance and pride that made him unreasonably risk his life. Despite the fact that he's been told and made to promise over and over not to do things like that.
May 23, 2015 3:27 PM

Apr 2013
Like L-Ryoshi said, nothing of this is a spoiler, that's all supposed to be known by now, the anime simply skipped that liked it skipped 75% of the explanations anyway.
I don't post spoiler in threads without spoiler tags btw, so you can read my posts without worried on that point.

BTW, I'm lacking information to be precise, but looking at what happened so far in what I read, I would estimate that the boost gained by leveling up is equivalent to about 500 to 700 in each stats. And since when your stats are rest the first 100-200 are quite easy to raise, any level 2 who is level 2 since at least 1 month is probably between 100 and 200 in most of his stats. Which means that for someone that had an average of stats of 750 before leveling up, one month after leveling, his "total stats" (that isn't displayed anywhere) would be of 750+500/700+100 which means 1350 at least in average. So even with all S stats (900 to 1000), which is probably the strongest level 1 who never existed, bell is still as a level 1 quite bellow a weak level 2 who levelled up wile still having his level 1 stats in the middle of B rank before the reset.
This is based on the idea that regular adventurers are around 750 in stats when they level up. if I'm wrong and that they're rather in the 600 (since they need to have all stats to D to level up afaik so it's 500+), this would boost by a lot the hidden stats gain during levelling, making it closer to 800. On the contrary, if I'm underestimating a bit the average stats before leveling up of regular adventurers, then a bit below 400 (I don't think I'm underestimating it by a lot if I'm underestimating it btw).

So if bell continue to raise all his stats to S /SS between each level, then he's going to be able to be faster than someone one level above after a while I'd say.

BTW if we use 600 as a compromise for how much value in stats is worth a level up,a nd that we admit that an average stats is around 750 when leveling up, then an estimation of how much total stats Ais had at her level up to lvl 6 would be 750*5+60*5=6750 for each stat as an average. Compared to Bell's 900-1000 average stats, well, the gap is huge xD.
Obviously, all that talk about a "total stats ccross all level" is purely talk since no such value were ever discussed about in the LN as far as I've read. So it's more to give an idea of respective strength. With such value, a level 3 of medium strength would have total of at least 2800 in each stats, like that. Maybe. That's a very rough estimation, again.
ZefyrisMay 24, 2015 2:03 AM
May 23, 2015 3:32 PM

Jun 2013
Now this is a prime example of how an ok show becomes awesome in just one episode!
Great stuff!!!
May 23, 2015 3:47 PM

Dec 2014
I am very satisified by the fact that all of them—especially Bete—got to witness this.

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

May 23, 2015 3:48 PM

Dec 2013
FlareKnight said:
LunyRed said:
Such a well-choreographed fight! It was intense! Like most everyone has said here, Bell fighting the Minotaur reminded me of Kirito's fight against the Minotaur boss in SAO. For Bell-kun, he put up a great fight, never giving up. And then there were even a group of people, including Ais, who witnessed Bell's hard fought victory against the powerful opponent. I'm glad Lili's safe too. Now Bell is under Hestia's care, and loli Goddess is very VERY proud of Bell, that's for sure. :')

Or Hestia is very upset. His accomplishment in the episode was outstanding. But his actions were reckless and borderline suicidal. Fighting to secure Lilli's escape was reasonable since there was no other way for them. But once backup had arrived, it was just pure arrogance and pride that made him unreasonably risk his life. Despite the fact that he's been told and made to promise over and over not to do things like that.

Essentially it was a mixture of things that led him to do what he did:

First was the chat with Ryuu about the necessary requirements for leveling up. Essentially Ryuu stated that the requirement for leveling up was that the adventurer had to do something outside of his "safe zone" (i.e. her "go on an adventure" speech). He KNEW that he had to do something extra special in order to level up. Although the anime did a poor job at explaining the leveling system, that was one essential piece of information that they decided to leave in (kudos to the studio).
What they left out from this episode (which was also kind of a spanner in those speculating the identity of Syr) was that Syr explicitly pulled Bell to one side after overhearing Ryuu's conversation with Bell, and PLEADED for him NOT to go on an adventure and risk his life.

Second was the notice that Aiz had reached Level 6, which put her even further out of his reach. Remember, his one sole wish is to be able to reach/surpass her level, before he can declare his feelings for her. In order to do so he needs to level up as fast as he can. The notice of her level 6, coupled with the way that she managed to pull it off (a 37th Floor Floor Boss all by her self) was not only discouraging to him, but also drew out the impatience within him.

Third, despite the unnatural speed in which he was progressing, he was desperate to prove to himself that he had changed. He knew for a fact that in order to get even stronger (he didn't know his next step was already to level up, mind you), he would eventually have to overcome his trauma of the Minotaur, which wasn't even a Floor Boss Level monster. That coupled with the stated reason of not wanting to be saved yet again by Aiz, and hence losing his pretense as a "Hero" (The Argonaut thing was instilled in him by his Gramp's stories, I don't recall Loki's Familia ever actually mentioning it in the novel), gave him the added motivation to take on the Minotaur.

Also, remember that he understood already that his agility was superior to the Minotaur. He knew he could dodge it's attacks if he just concentrated. The issue was his stamina and whether he could last in a protracted fight.

Although it seem like he broke his promise to Hestia, it wasn't as if he wasn't cautious about dealing with the monster. He knew that if he failed to deal, that Loki's Familia would deal with it so that no other adventurer would be harmed. Because he knew that, and the fact that Lili was safe, that he went all out. He knew that Aiz had the ability to step in and save him if need be, but he didn't want that. He was desperate to level up as soon as he could, and he knew he needed the addtional push that Ryuu had told him about. It's also because Aiz understood this that she didn't just charge in to deal with it, and stopped her Familia from doing so as well. The moment Loki's Familia entered the cave, fatalities essentially were cut to zero already.

There was too much foreshadowing if you ask me.

Zefyris said:

BTW, I'm lacking information to be precise, but looking at what happened so far in what I read, I would estimate that the boost gained by leveling up is equivalent to about 500 to 700 in each stats. And since when your stats are rest the first 100-200 are quite easy to raise, any level 2 who is level 2 since at least 1 month is probably between 100 and 200 in most of his stats. Which means that for someone that had an average of stats of 750 before leveling up, one month after leveling, his "total stats" (that isn't displayed anywhere) would be of 750+500/700+100 which means 1350 at least in average. So even with all S stats (900 to 1000), which is probably the strongest level 1 who never existed, bell is still as a level 1 quite bellow a weak level 2 who levelled up wile still having his level 1 stats in the middle of B rank before the reset.
This is based on the idea that regular adventurers are around 750 in stats when they level up. if I'm wrong and that they're rather in the 600 (since they need to have all stats to D to level up afaik so it's 600+), this would boost by a lot the hidden stats gain during levelling, making it closer to 800. On the contrary, if I'm underestimating a bit the average stats before leveling up of regular adventurers, then a bit below 400 (I don't think I'm underestimating it by a lot if I'm underestimating it btw).

Zefyris, buddy, would you mind explaining the bold bits a bit more? I think I got kind of lost in your calculations when I got to those two parts. Not quite understanding it.
L-RyoshiMay 23, 2015 4:27 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 23, 2015 4:19 PM

Jun 2012
Damn that was fight was pretty cool. Animation seemed really high-standard. Best episode so far for me I think.
May 23, 2015 4:28 PM

Apr 2013
Amazing action episode all around
May 23, 2015 4:31 PM

Mar 2013
Did anyone else think Bete's laugh sounded familiar?

I would recognize that crazy high pitched laugh anywhere.

May 23, 2015 4:41 PM

Feb 2009
That....was a great episode.

May 23, 2015 5:10 PM

Jul 2012
@L-Ryoshi

I think he's referring to the stat boost that seems to come along with a level up. Without doing anything, a level 2 is stronger than a level 1 adventurer, implying that there is a stealth/passive buff to stats inherent in leveling up. He's estimating that passive buff to be about 500 stat points.

Since stats reset to 0 upon leveling, there's also a guess that their stat gain would revert back to a "beginners" level(low level stats are raised faster than high level). So if an average adventurer reached 750 in one or more stats before leveling up, they'd gain a passive level buff of +500, and an additional 100-200 in a couple months of regular adventuring.

so Bell, with ~1000 in his stats at level 1 is still weaker than average "new" level 2 adventurers... ie: 1000 < 750+500(level buff)+100(gain after leveling)

edit: if i was reading that right, and my own recollection is correct
NinjaDustMay 23, 2015 5:16 PM
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
May 23, 2015 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
Very sugoi! Bell's abilities are now at level S, and his fight with the Minotaur was very awesome!!! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
May 23, 2015 6:39 PM

Feb 2015
and so now the OPness begins, at episode 8.
Fina-freakin-ly

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
May 23, 2015 6:51 PM

Apr 2014
His training with Ais is over.
And he face with his most fear...a minator(Red indicated that it is stronger than a normal one).
That wolf guy is indeed annoying.
Bell defeated the red minator...did he level up? Hope so since that minator is a strong monster.
All Bell's abilities are S rank ahaha just awesome.
Can't wait for next episode.
May 23, 2015 7:13 PM

Jul 2009
L-Ryoshi said:
Inugirlz said:

lol 'nice guy' is pushing it. he's not evil, but he's rude and therefore not nice. But yeah i got the impression he was a tsundere.

Bete's rude personality only comes out when he's had a few too many drinks. Normally his inner feelings are pushed way down that no one really knows about them. Regardless, he is remorseful for what he did to Bell at the Mistress of Abundance, though his pride just won't allow him to apologize. That's why he was going to accept Lili's request for help (well... he also wants to impress Aiz...).

The only thing I can think of that may change his deposition is when he figures out that Aiz is interested in Bell and vice versa. It's really easy to love the little guys when you don't see them as a threat, but if he ever finds out that Bell is pining for the girl that he too is (not so secretly) pining for, then who knows....

Inugirlz said:

well damn should this be in a spoiler tag? Not that I mind tho. But she's still an annoying ass hoe.

This really isn't a spoiler, they explained this in the Novel by Volume 3 already. It's because they couldn't include every single exposition from the novel in the anime that we're having such a dissonance in information here. That's also why Zefyris and some of us Novel readers have been explaining the parts that don't seem to make sense, for the enjoyment of the rest of y'all. Like he mentioned in a previous post, they condensed a 300 page novel into two 22 minute episodes here. Even as simple and as straightforward as the story progression is, there's plenty of details that were lost in the transition.

ok then :) Seems like i need to go read the novel because the anime isn't doing it enough justice. These explanations seem more interesting/important than other things shown so far, i could care less about his growing harem of admirers.
May 23, 2015 7:21 PM

Mar 2013
kageromero said:
belatkuro said:
Bell's stats before the Minotaur fight:

Strength: S982
Endurance: S900
Dexterity: S988
Agility: SS1049
Magic: B751

yup! Sad how they left out the part about him being the first person to have a SS stat, but they'll probably cover that in the next episode. Atleast on the official website they have it updated to SS

SS? What does that mean? Super Saiyan?
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
May 23, 2015 7:46 PM

Apr 2010
Riotstarter said:
kageromero said:

yup! Sad how they left out the part about him being the first person to have a SS stat, but they'll probably cover that in the next episode. Atleast on the official website they have it updated to SS

S is generally seen as a class above A rank in many games and some anime.

SS rank is used to describe a class even beyond S rank. In the Final Fantasy Theatrhythm 3DS game you can get SSS scores.
May 23, 2015 9:00 PM

Oct 2011
Lap1 said:

This episode was pretty much summed up in this one picture.
May 23, 2015 9:59 PM

Aug 2013
That was really some great intense action there.

Good job, Kiri- I mean Bell-kun!
Cute is justice.
May 23, 2015 10:10 PM

Apr 2010
Nisx said:
Bell put on a show :) ,
so how its going to end 5 episode left
nothing special happend ever from the start beside bell
geting more and more stronger.

The main reason there are only 13 episodes is because the light novel is still in progress. The light novel is currently around volume 5.

This fight with the Minotaur occurs around the end of volume 3.

I would imagine they'll end this near the start of volume 4 and then there will be a long wait for another season until around the time volume 7-8 is completed (if it continues this far).
May 23, 2015 10:13 PM

Dec 2013
mg021 said:
@L-Ryoshi

I think he's referring to the stat boost that seems to come along with a level up. Without doing anything, a level 2 is stronger than a level 1 adventurer, implying that there is a stealth/passive buff to stats inherent in leveling up. He's estimating that passive buff to be about 500 stat points.

Since stats reset to 0 upon leveling, there's also a guess that their stat gain would revert back to a "beginners" level(low level stats are raised faster than high level). So if an average adventurer reached 750 in one or more stats before leveling up, they'd gain a passive level buff of +500, and an additional 100-200 in a couple months of regular adventuring.

so Bell, with ~1000 in his stats at level 1 is still weaker than average "new" level 2 adventurers... ie: 1000 < 750+500(level buff)+100(gain after leveling)

Thanks, but I actually understood the level up buff of +500. What i didn't quite understand was the +100 gain after leveling.
Do you mean that your average after the Level 2 reset AND another week or two of status updates AFTER leveling up? I say Week only because I am using Bell in this as the example (I know it normally takes average adventurers months to achieve that).
I mean, considering Bell's stats currently are at around 900 average (I include Magic here), then his buff immediately after the Level Up would be:
900+500 = 1400, and all of these points would end up becoming passive numbers that don't show on his back.
We know this for a fact because right upon Leveling up his status on his back becomes:

[quote=Bell's Status]Level 2
Strength: I0
Endurance: I0
Dexterity: I0
Agility: I0
Magic: I0

[Firebolt] - Speed-Cast Magic
[/quote]

and he also gains a bunch of additional passive skills as well (not gonna spoil you, they might just say it next week). And of course his Rare [Single-Minded Pursuit] skill stays.

Vandesdelca said:
Riotstarter said:

SS rank is used to describe a class even beyond S rank. In the Final Fantasy Theatrhythm 3DS game you can get SSS scores.

This is generally a Japanese vs the rest of the world cultural thing. To the Japanese, they normally rate in-game achievements from E to S, with S being highest. Essentially S>A>B>C>D>E. After this, if you exceed even those, they just keep adding Ss, so then SSSS>SSS>SS>S and so on. Normally things tend to end at just S or SS ranking.

Whereas in western countries, they used to (or still are, I'm not sure) rank with A being highest, thus A>B>C>D>E>F.

I've kind of noticed in recent years, probably due to everyone else conforming to the Japanese standards of coolness, that more western titles have adapted the Japanese ranking system, instead of translating them outright. Personally I have no issues with either, since I understand the reason for both.

Vandesdelca said:
Nisx said:
Bell put on a show :) ,
so how its going to end 5 episode left
nothing special happend ever from the start beside bell
geting more and more stronger.

The main reason there are only 13 episodes is because the light novel is still in progress. The light novel is currently around volume 5.

I would imagine they'll end this near the start of volume 4 and then there will be a long wait for another season until around the time volume 7-8 is completed (if it continues this far).

Actually, based on the pacing, which I was expecting 3 episodes per volume, + filler from Sword Oratoria, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually adapted Volume 5 as well now.
Seeing that volume 4 could probably also be done in 2 episodes like this one (we'd just have to explain a lot more stuff), I can totally see the last 3 episodes would be for Volume 5 (because it's an epic Volume).

Also, Volume 7 is already out in Japan (Came out in April). Volume 8 is coming out in June. At the pacing that Omori-sensei is going, and the popularity this is receiving, I wouldn't be surprised if a second season was on the cards perhaps in a year or so.
Sword Oratoria Volume 4 (Aiz's side of the story) just came out a week ago as well.
L-RyoshiMay 23, 2015 10:43 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 23, 2015 10:28 PM

Apr 2010
L-Ryoshi said:
mg021 said:
@L-Ryoshi

Thanks, but I actually understood the level up buff of +500. What i didn't quite understand was the +100 gain after leveling.
Do you mean that your average after the Level 2 reset AND another week or two of status updates AFTER leveling up? I say Week only because I am using Bell in this as the example (I know it normally takes average adventurers months to achieve that).
I mean, considering Bell's stats currently are at around 900 average (I include Magic here), then his buff immediately after the Level Up would be:
900+500 = 1400, and all of these points would end up becoming passive numbers that don't show on his back.
We know this for a fact because right upon Leveling up his status on his back becomes:

Level 2
Strength: I0
Endurance: I0
Dexterity: I0
Agility: I0
Magic: I0

[Firebolt] - Speed-Cast Magic

and he also gains a bunch of additional passive skills as well (not gonna spoil you, they might just say it next week). And of course his Rare [Single-Minded Pursuit] skill stays.

Vandesdelca said:

This is generally a Japanese vs the rest of the world cultural thing. To the Japanese, they normally rate in-game achievements from E to S, with S being highest. Essentially S>A>B>C>D>E. After this, if you exceed even those, they just keep adding Ss, so then SSSS>SSS>SS>S and so on. Normally things tend to end at just S or SS ranking.

Whereas in western countries, they used to (or still are, I'm not sure) rank with A being highest, thus A>B>C>D>E>F.

I've kind of noticed in recent years, probably due to everyone else conforming to the Japanese standards of coolness, that more western titles have adapted the Japanese ranking system, instead of translating them outright. Personally I have no issues with either, since I understand the reason for both.

Vandesdelca said:

Actually, based on the pacing, which I was expecting 3 episodes per volume, + filler from Sword Oratoria, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually adapted Volume 5 as well.
Seeing that volume 4 could probably also be done in 2 episodes like this one (we'd just have to explain a lot more stuff), I can totally see the last 3 episodes would be for Volume 5 (because it's an epic Volume).

Also, Volume 7 is already out in Japan (Came out in April).
Sword Oratoria Volume 4 (Aiz's side of the story) just came out a week ago as well.

Only been reading some translations so wasn't aware that it was up to volume 7 already. Haven't read that far but it does get better from here on in any case so I am looking forward to the anime adaptation.
May 23, 2015 11:19 PM

May 2014
Shit well he tore some shit up this episode. God damn, eh? Pretty epic fight and animation.

Then there's this freaky bitch who's getting more moist than a sea sponge over Bell's fighting.
May 23, 2015 11:44 PM

Jan 2015
Tigersight said:
OMG that fight.
He swung that big ass sword like a boss! :D

Edit: Higher quality version for people with good internet:

Like A Boss!!
May 23, 2015 11:51 PM

Jun 2013
Awww kirito you did it again. Oh wait...
May 24, 2015 2:06 AM

Apr 2013
It's obvious from the start that they will adapt 5 volumes (if we still can call that adapting the volume), considering that we can see Hermes and Andromeda in both the ending and Opening since the start.

Volume 4 is only 220 p long if you remove the stories at the end (which the studio will probably do, I think frm the start they actually decided that they won't show Naza at all, too bad, that's one hell of a sniper with her bow) which means 2 episodes at best, maybe even less considering the current speed, which leave 3 episodes+ for the 5th volume. Last battle will probably take 1 full episode, so 2 episode to get until there. Be prepared for a rush until the end.

Riotstarter said:
kageromero said:

0-99 I
100-199 H
200-299 G
300-399 F
400-499 E
500-599 : D
600-699 C
700-799 B
800-899 A
900-999 S
1000-1100 SS
1100-1200 ?? (SSS maybe?)
The letter simply designate the range of stats. Letter change every hundred.

He understood properly the +100. The +100 is due to the fact that stats progress quickly for EVERYONE and not just bell at the start of a level, so any adventurer who levelled up more than one-two month ago will have at least an average of 100 in each stats. That's why I said, except for adventurers who just passed the level, it would be 750+500+100 rather than just 750+500 for a WEAK level 2 adventurer.
ZefyrisMay 24, 2015 2:17 AM
May 24, 2015 2:30 AM
Oct 2007
10/5 aye
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2015 2:59 AM

May 2010
Amazing fight scene! The first action scene ever to make me cry o(TヘTo)

Bell was so BADASS!

Magnificent choreography with the dynamic parries, dodges, and manoeuvring around the minotaur to strike at its openings. Such feeling in each movement!

OST and sound effects were awesome and so much emotion in Bell's voice adding to the overall epicness!

The dark cave with the glowing cyans and blues was the beautiful stage for a white-haired boy in black fighting a red-furred monster. The dark red blood, orange sparks and flames all contrasted so well. Standing there silently at the end, face all shadowed out and the glowing flakes gently pouring down like snow. Marvellously framed!
May 24, 2015 3:01 AM

Feb 2014
Zefyris said:

Just awesome episode, but how do you know all this info of the game? Is there some other spin off show around this anime or its manga ? :D Really curious.
May 24, 2015 3:03 AM

Apr 2015
Dual wielder!!!!
Girl's cry!!!
Minotaur Boss!!!!

Kirito reincarnated!!! Woooooo!!!!!1
#CHEXIT
May 24, 2015 3:09 AM

Apr 2013
Titan_Dome said:
Zefyris said:

Just awesome episode, but how do you know all this info of the game? Is there some other spin off show around this anime or its manga ? :D Really curious.

The original material are novels. The anime just finished adapting the 3rd novel btw, but it's skipping most of the informations along the way. That's why we're adding them in the respective threads, since those were skipped.

BTW, it's not a "game", contrary to SAO, and never was. AFAIK, the gods that come down to earth in Danmachi had a far more advanced culture than medieval period. They use modern terminology as well as modern slangs, do chuu2 jokes, so they most probably came up with that stat system by inspiring themselves from modern rpg terminology. Most probably when they were in heaven they took a huge interest in our modern society, and both their manner, their slangs, their interests and knowledge reflects this.
May 24, 2015 5:38 AM

Sep 2014
That was a really good episode.

Did not expect to get such a serious and involving fight, quite amazing.

I also liked that they actually spent so much time on the fight, rather than making it sort of quick.

Hope this show can keep being this good, looking forward to the rest.
May 24, 2015 7:35 AM
Oct 2013
Bete has the same voice with Accelolicon, so I like him. He is funny.
May 24, 2015 10:49 AM

Jan 2015
No words for that episode...

999/5
May 24, 2015 11:26 AM

Nov 2011
That was so f*cking epic o_o
May 24, 2015 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
Xenocrisi said:
A-FUCKING-MASTERPIECE

Fucking awesome episode!
May 24, 2015 12:33 PM

Apr 2010
That was a good battle, especially towards the end with the multiple firebolts.
May 24, 2015 12:43 PM
Apr 2015
SO FUCKING DAMN GOOD!
GOOO BELL... 10/10
May 24, 2015 12:50 PM

Apr 2010
Action-packed.
Fucking loved it.

May 24, 2015 12:56 PM

Jan 2015
I hope this is the begin of a great and long anime.

LOVE DANMACHI o/
May 24, 2015 12:59 PM
May 2015
I really want to know the name of the song from minute 06:30 when Aiz was leaving..Could somebody tell me please?
May 24, 2015 2:37 PM

Jan 2013
As soon as I heard that maniacal crazy laugh I knew that Okamoto was on this <3 we need an adaptation of Accelerator manga soon so we can hear him during the entire episode.

Anyway, Bell refusing to run away again decides to fight. And what a great battle.
May 24, 2015 3:23 PM

May 2015
Best episode of the series. The fight was pretty amazing. 10/10

[アウサマ95]
May 24, 2015 6:33 PM
Mar 2014
My favourite episode of the whole anime season so far, loved the music that started playing at 9.55.
May 24, 2015 8:55 PM

Aug 2014
My goodness gracious. I am so glad I decided not to drop this!
May 24, 2015 9:51 PM

Jan 2014
It started off so ridiculous, I was laughing at Bell. He seemed like a joke to me.
But then, while he was fighting, at some point, I thought "Wow, this is awesome!"
The best episode so far, and one of the best fight scenes I've seen in a long time.
May 24, 2015 10:36 PM

Aug 2013
Goddamn that fight was epic as shit.

Love how all the people who mocked him were actually willing to step in to save him if need be. Then on top of that they all practically shit their pants when they saw how beast mode he was and his S rank stats.

Also, looked like Freya had a hardcore Bell-gasm there.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

363 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 1, 2015

196 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2015

208 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

282 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

277 by Etherius_ZS »»
Apr 19, 11:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.