Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2015 10:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that fun. Hachiman has some amusing on screen chemistry with Yui.

Still getting used to the artwork of this series but I think Hachiman expresses his thoughts well. And of course, we get the confession confrontation. Lol, I just love how Hachiman intereferes. Hahaha classic.
Apr 9, 2015 10:19 AM

Nov 2007
Sister's ranking for souvenir is interesting. Awww~ @ top 1.

Ghost house. Some were scared, some enjoying, like that girl-looking guy. lol @ Lawsoon. Inoue-san doesn't like how they are trying to do. So she knows about BL loving girl well. Touyama-san's character eats too much! Sharing is good.

Nice guy doesn't want the relation to be changed. Nice place for confession, but she doesn't want to date anyone now, but the relation is kept the way it is. The main guy did the bad guy again, though.

That title... what did that cool girl decided?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 9, 2015 10:20 AM

Oct 2010
We need more Saika x Hachiman

Anyway.. Hachiman, Yui and Yukino got somewhat closer this ep. Dat Hachiman interference.. Yui tries to cheer him up.. oh well
Apr 9, 2015 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
quick question that Im having a weird time understanding but I kinda get it I just want to confirm if Im right, whats wrong with Hiki's way of doing things? as I see what he did is the ONLY way to save those 2. Is it because his way of doing things results in him being the only one getting hurt + getting a badder reputation?
Apr 9, 2015 10:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They actually did a pretty good job this chapter. They handled the pivotal scene well and they did a good job with Yukino and Yui's reactions. While the pacing is fine considering how they're adapting things, I though the transition between some scenes was a bit rushed.

Best , most tense volumes coming up. Can't wait

SansrivaaL said:
quick question that Im having a weird time understanding but I kinda get it I just want to confirm if Im right, whats wrong with Hiki's way of doing things? as I see what he did is the ONLY way to save those 2. Is it because his way of doing things results in him being the only one getting hurt + getting a badder reputation?

Partly it's because he completely bypasses the rest of the club and does things his own way. Not much of a team player there. You also have to consider how Yukino and Yui might/ or might not feel about him. Would you like to see someone you care about putting himself in harms way like that? Specially for the likes of Tobe and that group who has never really done much for Hachiman?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 9, 2015 11:34 AM

May 2014
Overall nice episode. BUT any other LN reader thinks that these 2 episodes were quite rushed?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2015 11:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sparteh said:
Overall nice episode. BUT any other LN reader thinks that these 2 episodes were quite rushed?

Somewhat. They leave out a lot of Hachiman's monologues amongst other things. I was hoping that they wouldn't stick to the 2 episodes per book of the first season. I'm still holding out hope that they will give volumes 8 or 9 more than episodes each. There's just so much material there to cover ( and very important at that).

If they keep to the 2 episodes per volume, they're going to have to adapt some of the stuff from the .5 voumes in order to get to the usual 12,13 episodes in a cour.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 9, 2015 11:59 AM

May 2014
Farabeuf said:
Sparteh said:

Somewhat. They leave out a lot of Hachiman's monologues amongst other things. I was hoping that they wouldn't stick to the 2 episodes per book of the first season. I'm still holding out hope that they will give volumes 8 or 9 more than episodes each. There's just so much material there to cover ( and very important at that).

If they keep to the 2 episodes per volume, they're going to have to adapt some of the stuff from the .5 voumes in order to get to the usual 12,13 episodes in a cour.
Well LN should end in 1 or 2 volumes. They might adapt everything to the end. If LN ended with next volume then they could adapt it and release LN at the same time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2012
Couldn't see Yukino's face during Hachiman's confession. But well, looking forward to the next episode - 'Quietly, Yukinoshita Yukino finds her resolve'!
Apr 9, 2015 12:49 PM

Apr 2008
that moment that you want to confess but will destroy the friendship T^T

8man is epic as always

komachi = best lil sis XDD
bloodyedge03Apr 9, 2015 12:53 PM
Apr 9, 2015 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
Totsuka x Hachiman

[size=300] <333333333333333333 [/size]
Apr 9, 2015 1:58 PM

May 2010
Zaimokuza x Hachiman.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 9, 2015 2:54 PM

Oct 2014
Confucius said:
Zaimokuza x Hachiman.
lol

next is vol 8.. i cannot wait <_<
nkdfxsApr 9, 2015 2:57 PM
Apr 9, 2015 4:29 PM

Jun 2011
Hachiman said at the end that the biggest liar is himself, what was he referring?
Apr 9, 2015 4:44 PM

May 2014
I feel that Hikigaya and Yukinoshita this season are not the same as the first season. In the first season they seemed to be real asocial persons but this season it only seems like they're pretending to be. I don't know about you, but to be honest, I truly don't like this change.
Apr 9, 2015 4:55 PM
Apr 2015
Shih said:
Hachiman said at the end that the biggest liar is himself, what was he referring?

Maybe everything he said all is lies. Even the quotes???
Apr 9, 2015 5:35 PM

Mar 2013
I like the way Hachiman does things. I really do.
Apr 9, 2015 6:02 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
8Man officially is my most favourite character now :3

LONG LIVE OREGAIRU! LONG LIVE 8MAN!
cchiguApr 9, 2015 6:06 PM
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 9, 2015 6:17 PM
Sep 2013
that's quite an effective way to solve the problem.

hachiman x zaimokuza otp lol
Apr 9, 2015 6:19 PM

Sep 2013
aidafairbairn said:
I feel that Hikigaya and Yukinoshita this season are not the same as the first season. In the first season they seemed to be real asocial persons but this season it only seems like they're pretending to be. I don't know about you, but to be honest, I truly don't like this change.
No idea what you're talking about, they seem rather asocial to me.

Edit: If you're talking about him willingly taking the spotlight this time, then it has long been established that when 8man sets a task for himself; well, he doesn't mind voicing himself to get it done; even if, or to be more particular, especially when it slanders his own image - because by his preconceived notions, he is above such petty sentiments. It is a sort of arrogance in itself - he believes himself to be an independent person and presumes that any dent in his image is going to reflect on no one as he himself does not associate with anyone enough to care. He took the initiative to talk with Sagami, Rumi, Saki, Hayama etc the first season. His real social flaw lies in that he cannot make efficient small talk to prolong his relationships or even have them in the first place. Like Yukino says; to 8man, all the people he associates with now are no more than passing acquaintances as he does not go past a level of strictly professional/distant relationship to open up or remove his shells enough to allow a further level of clarity of his self to the person concerned. Same for Yukino; that and she doesn't have a leash on her tongue. Both are very evident this season as well, 8man is more comfortable with the social suicide thing now as expected, that's all the change I notice. At least the bad ones + Yukino being much softer with 8man, which is direct consequence of an upcoming plot point.
DeigerApr 9, 2015 6:31 PM
- My creativity is plummeting. -
Apr 9, 2015 7:14 PM

Jul 2014
Shih said:

Throughout the episode he lied
-fake confession
-that no one got hurt (obviously he got hurt)
Apr 9, 2015 8:19 PM
Apr 2015
Deiger1111 said:
aidafairbairn said:
No idea what you're talking about, they seem rather asocial to me.

Edit: If you're talking about him willingly taking the spotlight this time, then it has long been established that when 8man sets a task for himself; well, he doesn't mind voicing himself to get it done; even if, or to be more particular, especially when it slanders his own image - because by his preconceived notions, he is above such petty sentiments. It is a sort of arrogance in itself - he believes himself to be an independent person and presumes that any dent in his image is going to reflect on no one as he himself does not associate with anyone enough to care. He took the initiative to talk with Sagami, Rumi, Saki, Hayama etc the first season. His real social flaw lies in that he cannot make efficient small talk to prolong his relationships or even have them in the first place. Like Yukino says; to 8man, all the people he associates with now are no more than passing acquaintances as he does not go past a level of strictly professional/distant relationship to open up or remove his shells enough to allow a further level of clarity of his self to the person concerned. Same for Yukino; that and she doesn't have a leash on her tongue. Both are very evident this season as well, 8man is more comfortable with the social suicide thing now as expected, that's all the change I notice. At least the bad ones + Yukino being much softer with 8man, which is direct consequence of an upcoming plot point.
I'm curious to see what's going to happen this is some deep perspective that I never realized during the show I'm even more excited and Eger to see how this all wraps up
Apr 9, 2015 9:09 PM

Nov 2013
What a boring episodes it was. There's no single OreGairu s1 element I can found in this episodes. Also, it is very rushed; they give drama without provided me enough story to I care for.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Apr 9, 2015 9:18 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The drama was strong in this episode

Since I never wanted Hayato's friend to succeed in his quest, I was happy that he got (indirectly) rejected but that scene in general was still pretty sad....Rejection is never a good feeling

The scene with Yui hit me the hardest though because seeing her get all emotional like that and then crying was too much TwT Overall, I'm really liking where things are going with her and Hachiman and I feel like their dynamic just gets better and better with time....The scene where the gang shared food was pretty nice to see as well and it made me smile a lot

Lastly, all this talk about people hiding their true feelings was nothing short of the truth and seeing everyone admit to it was really something.....On one hand I kinda agree with Hachiman's methods as to how he handled this task but on the other hand I get what Yui was trying to say to him and just thinking about it makes me conflicted with myself

Overall, I felt that the scenes in this episode flowed very well and had the correct amount of drama and feelings put into it....You gotta love the monologues and serious tones that this series sets....My only complaint would probably be that some of the transitioning between scenes felt a little fast but it wasn't anything major imo
Apr 9, 2015 9:20 PM

Jul 2010
Hachiman manages to do it again. The spot looked really amazing for a confession spot. Playing that role and seeing Yukino and Yui hurt like that.

That talk with Hina was amazing. Hachiman... the tough road needs some bromance xD

Great episode btw.
Apr 9, 2015 9:40 PM

Jul 2014
This is when i realize i dont like Hayama.

well i know that anime is anime LN is LN but somehow i still feel like it's rush.

Love the lil sis scene <3<3<3

4/5
Apr 9, 2015 9:41 PM

Aug 2014
Amazing Episode. Hachiman knows his stuff, or at least understands it.
The first season was amazing. I'm having high expectations for this second one...

Xway101 ~By me~
Apr 9, 2015 9:45 PM

Sep 2014
I don't understand why Yui and Yukinoshita we're dissapointed at Hikigaya. Is it the fact that he took action without discussing it with Yui and Yukinoshita, or they're both hurt because Hikigaya "confessed." I'm really slow when it comes to these kind of things so I don't really get subtle hints.
Apr 9, 2015 9:57 PM

May 2011
More drama. I was half paying attention; I was more focused on Naobao's voice. She's getting better and better.
Apr 9, 2015 9:58 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode.
Apr 9, 2015 10:01 PM

Jul 2014
Elegade said:
I don't understand why Yui and Yukinoshita we're dissapointed at Hikigaya. Is it the fact that he took action without discussing it with Yui and Yukinoshita, or they're both hurt because Hikigaya "confessed." I'm really slow when it comes to these kind of things so I don't really get subtle hints.

They arent disappointed, infact they think his way of doing things are quite accurate, its HOW he does things that both of them doesnt like since it hurts him thus them getting hurt as well since they like him.
Apr 9, 2015 10:07 PM
Apr 2013
Elegade said:

They are more likely mad about his choice of action after being presented with the problem. He is like the guy who will offer himself as a lab rat for the sake of finding the cure for AIDS just because he thinks that he is irrelevant to others. Or the guy as decoy in a close battle for the same reason. Everyone gains, only he loses is why both Yukino and Yui hate him.
Apr 9, 2015 10:07 PM

Apr 2013
Hachiman is the bro of all bros.

Bros before hoes my homie.
Apr 9, 2015 10:20 PM

Jan 2011
I soon as I saw the lantern scene, I knew this episode was gonna be pretty dramatic. Hachiman's solution was the most effective but it's understandable that Yui and Yukino disapprove of Hachiman's ways. I feel bad for him and that monologue he says at the end shows that he knows what he does isn't always the best thing either. Yui crying though, geez. I actually thought she was going to confess to him there. xD Yui and Hachiman did have some cute moments in the haunted mansion though although the Saika x Hachiman bed scene in the beginning was the best lmfao! xD Wow, Ebina would actually go out with Hachiman eh? Very interesting. Great episode overall, really liked the drama and just great to see Hachiman doing what he does. Lovin' the OP and ED even more too~
5/5
Apr 9, 2015 10:21 PM
Jan 2013
The whole time I wish Hiki would go back and be a loner again LOL Im dont like how hes playing nice with everyone rn.
Apr 9, 2015 10:26 PM

Oct 2013
Pretty good episode I like were this season is going so far
[/quote]
Apr 9, 2015 10:30 PM

Apr 2011
Hikitani The Wise's words are really awesome.

I kinda hate that their group somewhat used Hikigaya as a plank to step on to avoid sinking to the sea.
Apr 9, 2015 10:36 PM

May 2012
lol one hell of an episode, cant wait for next week
Apr 9, 2015 10:39 PM
Nov 2013
This was an awesome episode. The drama worked for me and I could understand why Yukino and Yui would be mad at him (even if his plan was actually brilliant).
Apr 9, 2015 10:41 PM

May 2013
I kinda like his motives in dealing in these types of situations. Well, he did have to sacrifice his pride and a part of his reputation after that sudden interruption. Even so, he still did his part as the helper of doing requests.

In the end, he actually thought he got the better of himself. Way to go Hikitani for blowing off steam.
Apr 9, 2015 10:42 PM

Jul 2014
Preach, Hikitani-kun
Apr 9, 2015 10:44 PM

Jan 2008
Been a while since I've seen the 1st season so his method of solving problems really had a impact. But dammit 8man, always taking all the burden himself.
Apr 9, 2015 10:46 PM
Nov 2014
aidafairbairn said:

yea, but I think that is development.
They are trying to change somehow.
because they had an influence on each other, and fixing their problem so far.
and from now on
Apr 9, 2015 10:49 PM

Jul 2014
I am still trying to get used to the artwork but overall it's pretty much a good episode, Althought some transition a bit rushed, and dat Saika x Hachiman bed scenes loooool.

Apr 9, 2015 10:50 PM
May 2014
Fucking yes 8man my fav character ever does it again. Great episode hope the whole season goes well.
Apr 9, 2015 10:52 PM

Apr 2013
I can't believe people are complaining about Yukinon and Hachiman not being the same. It's called character development. I feel like some of you are just trying to look for reasons to dislike the show just because it's studio feel instead brain base.

Anyways I enjoyed the episode. A little slow in the beginning but picked up half way through. Glad to see that they managed to maintain season's one style and atmosphere. Not disappointed at all. Will be looking forward for the rest of the season.

aidafairbairn said:

Character.development.

Yukinon and Hachiman had friends at the end of season one as well...
From episode 12 to episode 2 season 2, not much has changed. From s1 ep1 to s2 ep 2, then yeah, a lot has changed. Stuff happened. That's how stories works. Characters are not meant to stay stagnant throughout an entire work.
NudeBearApr 9, 2015 10:56 PM
Apr 9, 2015 10:53 PM

Mar 2012
Hikitani always steps in to take the hit, doesn't he? D: It's rough watching him do these sort of things... That last line at the end about himself being the biggest liar basically drives home why it hurts seeing him do this for others.
Apr 9, 2015 10:58 PM

May 2011
Apr 9, 2015 10:59 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That Hachiman X Totsuka scene in the beginning though.. :3 . Zaimokuza calling his name in sleep and saying "Yay!" was hilarious! XD

That aside, what an episode! Hachiman is probably one of the best bro character I've ever seen! It's ridiculous how both sides came to him with requests that'd repel each other, knowing he's the only one who can pull it off, and even when he settles the issue, it's still uncool. Not to mention how it actually ended up hurting Yukino and Yui.

Basically, they made him play the shit role because everyone thinks he's the lowest of the low anyways. In my eyes though, he's is brilliant.

Well, at least Hina thanked Hachiman for his excellent efforts. I won't ship them though, even if she was only joking about it.

Great episode. Feel's animation is not the best, but Hachiman's monologue did give me feels. So, job well done!

Apr 9, 2015 11:07 PM

Jan 2013
Lovely episode, it's so serious.
The fake confession scene seemed like a decent plan.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1002 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

556 by venbals »»
Mar 29, 1:08 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 21, 2015

667 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 7, 2015

421 by venbals »»
Mar 16, 9:12 PM

» Help me understand the whole drama ( 1 2 )

GuidSMR - Apr 4, 2023

65 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 26, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.