Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2015 2:54 PM

May 2010
still the CGI is world better than in Arslan Senki :P stll strongly dislike it tho.

anyways..this isnt really for me so imma pass on this.
Apr 5, 2015 3:05 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Like many have already said, the CGI was weird. The transition between that and the normal animation was even more so. Instead, if they were to even use SD style, that would've been more appropriate.

Anyways, ridiculous start. The MC suddenly got transported to another world without any acceptable notion and she just ignored it over the hype of joining the band. This is starting the feel like a kid show. (Is it really?) O.o

The last part with UVM agency's Boss scheming to take over the Sound Cosmos almost caught my attention until it also turned comedic towards the end. Hopefully, it'll actually be a serious thing of the show.

The OP and ED songs are cute, but that is all. I expected better from Bones.

Apr 5, 2015 3:05 PM
Sep 2010
I loved the random comedy in this anime. I was surprised this anime has such comedy (reminds me of Baka test).
Gonna try to resist going back to play the game else i might fail hard in my school .
Apr 5, 2015 3:07 PM

Apr 2014
After watching this I'm so confused

This is probably one of the cutest animes I've ever seen

Apr 5, 2015 3:18 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Incredibly detailed animation, good music, and adorable chibi animals. I'm definitely gonna' stick with this show. 8)

Lmao @ all the CG haters. This CG is actually very good, imo.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Apr 5, 2015 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
The 3DCG is strange, but after doing a bit of research before the anime aired, it was based on a mobile game, and the original character designs look like vectorized sprites... As expected from the "kawaii side" of Sanrio. If they went for that route, you will get that MLPFIM kind of feel, and I don't know if you guys are into that style too (AKA Flash).

Plus the 3D models look pretty nice. I can sense that these can be re-usable to 3D Printers and sell them as figurines. (PLEASE LET THAT HAPPEN!!!)

I was trying to think that the "human perspective" was from the "lens" of Cyan, but that theory debunked after Cyan was thrown back to MIDI City and says that "she is back to normal"... 90% of it if using the infamous furry scale. xD

But everything else is enjoyable. I was happy for a MUSIC GAME to get turned into a anime! It's super cute still and obviously this anime is aimed towards young teenagers, hence Maple had a guilty pleasure for being tortured by heels and his sexy secretary Angelica. *cough* (Why...)

Otherwise: Trichronika being pretty badass (even in super kawaii forms) for a good sum and then Cyan saves them BY THE POWER OF ROCK! It's close to a magical music genre I guess?

I am glad that this did not turn out to be another K-ON/Love Live because I love a bit of action to! (I never seen either, but if it's just slice of life with a goal on "becoming super stars" without something else that tickles my fancies... Yea.)

Now to wait for the Shining CrimsomZ musicals. *Watched their shorts before*

P.S. Also watching this because I want more kemonomimi anime.

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Apr 5, 2015 3:31 PM

Feb 2008
Uh... this is not at all what I was expecting.

This is easily one of the dumbest stories I've seen in quite a while. I guess I'll keep watching for the 2D bits since the protagonist is a cutie.
Apr 5, 2015 3:33 PM

May 2009
Sanrio created Hello Kitty. Animals were unavoidable.
Apr 5, 2015 3:46 PM

May 2008
I liked it, even the CGI.

It was weird but I got used to it very quickly!
Apr 5, 2015 3:54 PM

Mar 2013
The show might not be great but the cast of voice actors is certainly amazing. I'll keep watching under that base.
Apr 5, 2015 3:57 PM

Mar 2014
That was great! I really enjoyed this first episode. Although the transitions between 2d and 3d were kinda weird the CGI animation was good. And I LOVE the designs for the characters, both human and animal. They're just so cute! I guess all the people complaining came looking for moe and loli and that's why they're so disappointed. For now the show looks good, I'll definitely keep watching.
Apr 5, 2015 4:13 PM

Sep 2011
Wtf did I just watch? The CGI was horrible. I don't think I can keep watching this. =/
I though it would be some "cute girls doing cute things" + music but... don't even care anymore.
Apr 5, 2015 4:15 PM

May 2009
Miketsukami-kun said:
Wtf did I just watch? The CGI was horrible. I don't think I can keep watching this.

Why was terrible? Unlike Sidonia or Arpeggio it had proper framerate.
Apr 5, 2015 4:16 PM
Oct 2010
koffuku said:
I guess all the people complaining came looking for moe and loli and that's why they're so disappointed.
So much butthurt.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 5, 2015 4:17 PM

Oct 2011
is this series for kids? because I'm confused (does anyone know at what time it airs?).

it feels like they decided to take plusies from Precure and put them in world of Precure/PriPara... with some CGI that take some time to get used to.

and since I enjoy kids show way better than any late night anime I would like it to follow that path.
Apr 5, 2015 4:18 PM
Jul 2018
Switching between 2D and 3D.

I don't really like the furry CGI!

It was so meh!
May 2014
10/10
i love this show!
Apr 2014
That CG is just... poetic.
Apr 5, 2015 4:21 PM

Feb 2014
i'm so pleased. This episode was amazing: cool direction, cute 3D and kakkoi OST. Angelica best girl, SBR confirmed best anime of the season
Apr 5, 2015 4:26 PM

Dec 2014
One huge advertisement. But unlike some other "good" advertisements like The iDOLM@STER this show seems like it doesn't a bit for the audience who don't play the game. Then I hope the fan base is large enough for you to recover the cost, or is it just a passion project like Shingeki no Bahamut?
Apr 5, 2015 4:35 PM

Apr 2013
NotDolphy said:
The CG is incredibly smooth so I'm not sure why its getting so much hate.

"Every shows with CG in it are bad" mentality
That's probably the reason
Apr 5, 2015 4:36 PM

Apr 2015
Dalek-baka said:
is this series for kids? because I'm confused (does anyone know at what time it airs?).

It isn't a kids' series, unlike Sanrio's other projects, this one is aimed older males. It airs at 10pm in Japan, so it is a late night anime.
Apr 5, 2015 5:16 PM

May 2007
I feel like watching a Pixar movie
Apr 5, 2015 5:52 PM

Dec 2012
Try as hard as they did, but those 3d furry things had next to no expression on their faces. Not to mention that the mixture of 2d and 3d looks dreadful v_v
Apr 5, 2015 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
Already my favorite of the season.
Apr 5, 2015 6:06 PM

Nov 2013
I like it!
Apr 5, 2015 6:11 PM
Jul 2014
Most weird anime ever.
They were just totally bad to watch while in their puppet form.
Although their half human half animal form was pretty damn cute.
I wont drop this series, and if it becomes too much of a puppet-like show, I'll just keep watching it to LAUGH at it.
Apr 5, 2015 7:12 PM

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
Miketsukami-kun said:
Wtf did I just watch? The CGI was horrible. I don't think I can keep watching this.

The character design for the CGI part was horrible. Didn't watch Sidonia but as for Arpeggio I at least liked the characters.
Not that it's bad just for being weird since there are lot of great shows that are weird, it just didn't sit right with me.
Apr 5, 2015 7:39 PM

Jul 2014
BeatlesPkmnFan42 said:
As someone who plays the game, I'm amused at all the surprised reactions toward the battling premise. This is why you should probably research what an anime is based on before setting expectations lol.

In any case, I really loved this. There are a few things I noticed that contradict what occurs in the game, however. The first and most obvious to fans of the game being that there are no items in SB69, yet Cyan got a guitar in the game? Makes me wonder if this will be added in a later update or if the game in-universe is simply different from the game in reality. Another difference is that the monster in this battle is only fought when playing Shingan CrimsonZ's songs, yet when Cyan was playing the game she was playing a Plasmagica song (speaking of, how was a song sung by her in the game before she was sucked into it?), and it was later fought by Trichronika in the episode. A little weird, but I guess inaccuracies are inevitable when basing an anime off of a game, so I can't complain too much.

The animation looked really nice, the CG was very fluid. I found Maple to be hilarious, and was laughing nearly every time he was on screen. I'm curious to find out more about that Angelica character. She's not in the game at all, I wonder if a later update with add her anywhere in the game or if she'll just be an anime-exclusive character.

I also wasn't expecting Cyan's guitar to talk. That caught me a bit off-guard. In any case, I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to seeing the other bands. And I really hope we see more besides the ones already revealed. There are 20 bands in the game, currently only 5 are confirmed to be appearing. I doubt we'll be seeing any of the bands based on real bands and artists though, which is a shame because some of them are my favorites (Chammy Chaplets and Rapezziauto especially), but we may end up seeing the other bands made exclusively for the game. I really hope Shizuku Secretmind and StuddoBan Gyasshu in particular make an appearance, as they're some of my favorite from the game. It'd also be pretty cool if Baiganba V were to appear in the anime.

Despite me already being fully aware that this is aimed at an older audience despite being made by Sanrio (hell, Rapezziauto's song NAKED from the game is blatantly about sex), I was still amused by Maple bleeding and being whipped by Angelica.

Sorry about this being so long, I went on longer than I intended to. It's just that I'm a Sanrio fan so I was looking forward to this a lot. That and I've been playing the game for hours a day ever since I got it two months ago.

Also I swore I had an account already on this site but I attempted to log in with every username I would have had but to no avail, so I had to make another account.

You technincally saved the show for me. I thought it was just some random transition to a different world without explaining anything. But now that i know its based on a game, it makes more sense now
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Apr 5, 2015 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
That really tricked me. For the first few minutes you totally think you know where it's going, then it takes a strange turn. Very weird, never seen that kind of CG in an anime. It's more like Jimmy Neutron or other 3d cartons then standard anime CG.
Hmmm, this could get boring fast, or stay interesting.
Apr 5, 2015 8:48 PM

Feb 2008
Personally, on the CGI, I think it's some of the better CGI I have seen in an anime and it really reminded me of something you would see in a video game. I thought to myself as I watched it, that it would make a great game.

Turns out it is actually game lol.

Anyway, this anime is certainly not what I expected, but ... unlike some here, that is a good thing. It turned out to be a hell of a lot better than I thought it would be.
This was not only funny but ... holy crap is it sooooo damned cute.

Best... music anime ... EVER!
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.
Apr 5, 2015 9:00 PM

Jun 2013
The main characters (not the cg stuff) are pretty cute. But what did I just watch? Is this even a show I should watch? It looks like a genuine kids show. idk
Apr 5, 2015 9:08 PM

Apr 2015
brabbit1987 said:
Personally, on the CGI, I think it's some of the better CGI I have seen in an anime and it really reminded me of something you would see in a video game. I thought to myself as I watched it, that it would make a great game.

Turns out it is actually game lol.

Anyway, this anime is certainly not what I expected, but ... unlike some here, that is a good thing. It turned out to be a hell of a lot better than I thought it would be.
This was not only funny but ... holy crap is it sooooo damned cute.

Best... music anime ... EVER!

Yep it's a game. Although there's no CG in the game, in the game the characters are just shown as drawings that move up and down slightly as you play the song lol.

ThreePointer said:
The main characters (not the cg stuff) are pretty cute. But what did I just watch? Is this even a show I should watch? It looks like a genuine kids show. idk

Last I checked, kids' shows didn't have blood and what seems to be a BDSM thing going on. But no, it's not. It's aimed at older males and adults, unlike Sanrio's other work, which are actually aimed at children. This however, is not.
Apr 5, 2015 9:24 PM
Jan 2015
Weird how I was actually bored of this show until th CGI happened xD that was unexpected but the CGI wasn't bad imo. Music was nice.
Apr 5, 2015 9:27 PM
Apr 2015
At first I thought that this was going to be like K-On, but I was completely wrong. The whole time I was deciding whether to drop this right away. It felt like more of a kids' show and I wasn't really interested in the plot.

I also personally thought that the CG was actually good... but I still hate it.

I never found myself laughing or really thought that anything was impressive. The characters are cute though.

In the end, I'm still confused af. (Still watching it, though.)
Apr 5, 2015 9:39 PM

Jan 2011
Well...best CG I've ever scene in any anime I've ever watched. I will give it that.
Apr 5, 2015 10:00 PM

Sep 2013
Geezus do you guys even know the difference between CGI and 3d models? :(

The skeleton scenes were CGI and were AMAZING :O
I want a whole action movie in that quality, specifically toriko XD

The 3d models are what you have problems with.
Apr 5, 2015 10:32 PM

Sep 2010
I have no clue what I just watched, but the art was adorable and the 3D animation was just stunning. I'm so impressed by the quality, it's just so great.

Definitely going to keep watching this. I hope it keeps being and looking this good.

EDIT: WOW the comments here at negative! Everyone is butt hurt this didn't turn into a typical yuri-esque girl band anime, but I am so pleased that it didn't. It's such a shame that this is attracting such a negative audience. Hopefully it does better in Japan.
FenixDragon43Apr 5, 2015 10:43 PM
Apr 5, 2015 10:41 PM

May 2008
The melodisian stone things reminded me of Madoka. Hopefully this isn't as shit as Madoka.
Apr 5, 2015 11:45 PM

Feb 2013
bastek66 said:
Miketsukami-kun said:

There wasn't all that much detail to it though
Apr 5, 2015 11:55 PM

Feb 2012
I liked it at first, but when it shifted to 3d, I was like NOPE. Dropped to the pits of hell.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2015 2:03 AM
Aug 2011
Let's just say I have a feeling this is amazing, somewhere, somehow.
Apr 6, 2015 3:00 AM

Mar 2012
WTF is this?

looks like i`m watching Disney Pixar movie.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 6, 2015 3:20 AM

Jul 2011
I was worried this was going in a K-On direction at first, but it went full batshit. Plus cute character designs, decent CG, and good music? I'm totally on board. They totally got me to look up some of the bands in the game (and the bands they are based on) and the songs, so I have a strong desire to play the game now. If that's what they were trying to achieve, I'd call it a success.

Needless to say, this went in a pleasantly unexpected direction and I'm loving every bit of it.
Apr 6, 2015 5:08 AM
Oct 2007
When, I was watching K-on, I always thought it wasn't moe enough and could use Hello Kitty mascots and cat girls. Not really, but somebody must have
Apr 6, 2015 5:34 AM

Apr 2009
The 3d CGI looked okay, but I just dislike too much of it in my Chinese cartoons.
Anyway, this was a positive suprise. I love these campy, over the top shows and it reminded me of Symphogear a bit. Certainly more fun than FSN, Seraph and all the other edgy, tryhard shows though.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 6, 2015 5:53 AM
Jan 2015
something different, i like it
Apr 6, 2015 6:00 AM

Jun 2014
wot da fudge 0_O ?!

That was totally unexpected in a kinda good way..
Apr 6, 2015 6:31 AM

Sep 2014
I think bizarre is the best way to describe this show.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Jun 21, 2015

87 by Chromatus »»
Mar 17, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

45 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 14, 2023 5:42 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2015

51 by ravioliqueen »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:01 PM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2015

49 by Muow »»
Aug 14, 2022 7:22 AM

Poll: » Show By Rock!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

34 by Serafos »»
Dec 1, 2021 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.