Forum Settings
Forums

'Soukyuu no Fafner: Exodus' Gets Second Season

New
Apr 4, 2015 10:51 PM

Nov 2011
A promotional video posted by King Records revealed that sci-fi TV anime Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus will continue with a second season. The announcement also mentioned that more information will be made available during an upcoming event known as "Itami" ("Pain") on May 24.

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus is a sequel TV series to Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor and recently aired its finale on April 3, 2015. The Fafner franchise has spawned multiple anime and manga series, a novel, and an anime movie that debuted in 2010.

Source: Official website

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season on MAL
Sakana-sanDec 29, 2016 10:08 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 4, 2015 10:57 PM

Dec 2013
Never heard of it...
Apr 4, 2015 11:12 PM

Nov 2011
Kinda obvious this was going to get a sequel imo with the way the finale ended. I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Apr 4, 2015 11:13 PM

Sep 2011
Yay. Hopefully it can improve its pacing though. Was bad quite a few times. The OST + Music was great though. Looking forward to it.
Apr 4, 2015 11:44 PM

Jan 2015
Time to watch the first *insert random number here* seasons!

Apr 5, 2015 12:05 AM

May 2012
A garbage gets another season wow

I watched few episodes of the first season, and I dropped it. So generic and boring just like M3. I rather watch 10 seasons of cross ange than this.
Apr 5, 2015 12:13 AM

Aug 2012
It could be worse, could be FafnIr
Apr 5, 2015 1:33 AM

May 2012
AlexTheRiot said:

FafnIr is much better than this. I would rather see 2nd season for that instead Fafner
Apr 5, 2015 1:40 AM
Apr 5, 2015 1:41 AM

Oct 2008
25+13+ maybe another 13 episodes

So around 50 total episodes plus a movie for this mediocre,forgettable crap.And yet stuff 20th century boys or Vinland Saga will probably never get a anime adaptation.
Yeah its not fair comparison but whatever,the point is how the anime industry for the most part is a complete joke...
Apr 5, 2015 1:51 AM

Jul 2011
lol I keep mistaking the title with the Fafnir one.
Apr 5, 2015 2:49 AM

Sep 2011
thepath said:
AlexTheRiot said:

FafnIr is much better than this. I would rather see 2nd season for that instead Fafner
Lol. Fafnir was even more generic to the bone.

amateur said:

So around 50 total episodes plus a movie for this mediocre,forgettable crap.And yet stuff 20th century boys or Vinland Saga will probably never get a anime adaptation.
Yeah its not fair comparison but whatever,the point is how the anime industry for the most part is a complete joke...
And yet it sells a lot more than the usual stuff that is being produced today. Go figure, huh?
Apr 5, 2015 2:54 AM
Mar 2013
amateur said:

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Fafner is one of the best mecha shows in recent years. But it's a slow paced show that takes its times to tell the story instead of using PLOT TWISTS with dramatic music in every episode. You should stick to shows like Aldnoah Zero if you can't handle subtle storytelling and characterization.
Apr 5, 2015 3:10 AM

Oct 2008
b23351 said:

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Fafner is one of the best mecha shows in recent years. But it's a slow paced show that takes its times to tell the story instead of using PLOT TWISTS with dramatic music in every episode. You should stick to shows like Aldnoah Zero if you can't handle subtle storytelling and characterization.

You might think that's supposed be a insult,but I would rather take a entertaining and completely incompetent trainwreck like Aldnoah over something that cures insomnia which also has that butt ugly Gundam Seed character design, any day of the week.
Apr 5, 2015 5:05 AM

Jan 2013
thepath said:
AlexTheRiot said:

Yep I just love it when my ordinary highschool boy checks in at dat juicy magical highschool with pseudo incest love interests, childhood-friends and busty chicks that for no reason fall for the main char :)

animu be creative!
Apr 5, 2015 5:27 AM

Jan 2012
Mecha I pass

Apr 5, 2015 5:27 AM

Feb 2014
FukuSencho said:
Time to watch the first *insert random number here* seasons!

Apr 5, 2015 5:31 AM

Jul 2014
i should give it a try,* look at the prequel...*

*sigh* nvm I'll pass.
Apr 5, 2015 6:07 AM

Sep 2009
They announced 26 eps for Exodus first. So then they changed number to 13, it was obvious that split-core is planned.
Apr 5, 2015 6:57 AM

Apr 2008
So much hate I can't understand. It's ok if you don't like something, but please, spend your time doing something better than talking shit about it. Respect each other please ;)

BTW, I'm glad Exodus'll have a second season.
Apr 5, 2015 7:11 AM

Jan 2014
Well it seems its time to start watching first season ;p
Apr 5, 2015 7:13 AM

Oct 2011
Great news
Apr 5, 2015 9:16 AM

Sep 2013
TheNaturalPerm said:
thepath said:

Yep I just love it when my ordinary highschool boy checks in at dat juicy magical highschool with pseudo incest love interests, childhood-friends and busty chicks that for no reason fall for the main char :)

animu be creative!

You say that like the evangelion rip off is any better XD
Apr 5, 2015 10:01 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah not surprising anybody, the first cour was obviously setting things up for a later part.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 5, 2015 12:50 PM

Sep 2013
So much hate lol.

Keep crying.
Apr 5, 2015 1:07 PM

Jan 2013
Well, we all knew this was coming.

Looking forward to this, nevermind the haters
Apr 5, 2015 6:29 PM

Jun 2013
Looking forward to this
The first volume BD/DVD also received great sales too

But I still don't understand why xebec can make argevollen get 24 straight episodes without split when fafner get split into 2 cour
Apr 5, 2015 8:16 PM

Oct 2010
Hidayat246 said:
Looking forward to this
The first volume BD/DVD also received great sales too

But I still don't understand why xebec can make argevollen get 24 straight episodes without split when fafner get split into 2 cour

Because, Fafner actually has production values.

FAFNER 4 LYFE
Apr 5, 2015 8:31 PM

Jan 2008
AlexTheRiot said:

Thought it was this one til the image loaded.
Apr 5, 2015 10:09 PM

May 2012
G_Spark233 said:
Never heard of it...

Yeah, bunch of random anime getting sequels lately.
Apr 5, 2015 11:05 PM
Aug 2011
Great, now i'm never going to be able to catch up.
Apr 6, 2015 6:13 AM

Oct 2010
amateur said:
b23351 said:

You might think that's supposed be a insult,but I would rather take a entertaining and completely incompetent trainwreck like Aldnoah over something that cures insomnia which also has that butt ugly Gundam Seed character design, any day of the week.

Anata wa….souko ni….imasu ….ka ?
Apr 6, 2015 6:14 AM

Oct 2010
amateur said:

You did an awesome job explaining yourself.
Apr 6, 2015 11:44 AM
Oct 2012
ichii_1 said:
TheNaturalPerm said:

animu be creative!

You say that like the evangelion rip off is any better XD

It's inspired by Eva, as are multitude of other mecha series. All stories borrow from another story. The difference between Fafner and other Eva clones is that those other Eva clones failed to imitate something that was bad to begin with. Fafner took the formula, fixed it and made something great out of it. Fafner is basically NGE done right. It's the same way Evangelion improved the autistic mess that was once the mecha genre.
Apr 6, 2015 4:49 PM
Nov 2013
Is Fafner worth watching, anyone? Ican deal with the strange character designs if its a good series.
Apr 7, 2015 5:57 AM

Oct 2008
Eriol said:
So much hate I can't understand. It's ok if you don't like something, but please, spend your time doing something better than talking shit about it. Respect each other please ;)

Quote this.
"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
Apr 7, 2015 6:57 AM
Apr 2014
thepath said:
A garbage gets another season wow

I watched few episodes of the first season, and I dropped it. So generic and boring just like M3. I rather watch 10 seasons of cross ange than this.

I f you don't like it can you please shut up.I am here because I like this anime.Why are you here?
Apr 7, 2015 7:01 AM
Apr 2014
r0ykun said:
Is Fafner worth watching, anyone? Ican deal with the strange character designs if its a good series.

I would say is worth watching .It's kind of a combination between Evangelion and Gundam.But you also have to watch the first season , after that or before that Heaven and Earth , after that the movie and after all that you start to watch Exodus.And please don't listen to every retard who calls it an Evangelion rip off.
Apr 7, 2015 7:03 AM
Apr 2014
Eriol said:

Finally , someone with a brain.
Apr 7, 2015 7:05 AM
Apr 2014
amateur said:

If you don't like it , would you kindly go away.
Apr 7, 2015 7:10 AM

Oct 2010
r0ykun said:

Yes but at times it can be hard to watch. First season has slow moments and some bad production values. But if you watch all of it this epic plot will start to come into sight.

its really one of the better anime imo. There is a real thematic value to the plot rather than some random garbage found in most anime, or Tomino-psychosis which only is effective for certain mentally ill fans.
Apr 9, 2015 2:04 AM
Sep 2014
r0ykun said:

I strongly recommend. Guessing you haven't watched prequels I'd suggest that first watch the special "Soukyuu no Fafner: Right of Left". And you shouldn't watch it when you are already sleepy; It has some good action but generally pacing is slow.
Apr 10, 2015 3:01 PM

Jun 2013
Eriol said:

This show is like the epitome of "popular in Japan and nowhere else". The BD sold very well (one of the top selling of the season) and it is very well received over there, yet over here you've got only a select few non-casuals watching it and even those that do seem to rate it poorly.

This is why you never trust the opinions of the Western fanbase.

SuperImpact said:
G_Spark233 said:
Never heard of it...

Yeah, bunch of random anime getting sequels lately.

This is definitely not some "random anime". It is very popular in Japan.
ex_necrossApr 10, 2015 3:04 PM
Apr 15, 2015 8:06 AM
Apr 2015
I kinda feel sad that some hate's been flung Fafner's way, but I kinda understand.

I only started on this series when Exodus started and realized that I had to watch the prequel to understand anything. I did. It was freaking amazing! But I'll be honest and say I was almost ready to put it on hold at the beginning of the prequel--it was so slow paced. After a while, though, the story started to pick up, and boy was it a damn good story.

Fafner rewards you for sticking to it by keeping the story believable, and the slow pace actually plays a tremendously positive role in that regard. By the middle of the prequel, you start to understand why the pacing is a turtlish as it is.

Also, Fafner is what I'd call a heavy anime--it's packed with emotions. At times it can leave you feeling super hyped, at times it can leave you depressed and questioning the world. The slow pacing allows viewers to fully "relish" the emotions before it hits you with another one.

All in all, one of the best mechas I've seen so far.
Apr 21, 2015 4:46 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Yeees! So excited for this.
Apr 26, 2015 8:50 AM

Aug 2012
ex_necross said:
Eriol said:

This show is like the epitome of "popular in Japan and nowhere else". The BD sold very well (one of the top selling of the season) and it is very well received over there, yet over here you've got only a select few non-casuals watching it and even those that do seem to rate it poorly.

This is why you never trust the opinions of the Western fanbase.

Not exactly "popular in Japan and nowhere else", this one is popular and received well in my country too, and it's nearly impossible to find the DVDs and novels for the original season here now (the sell was well). But again, I live in an Eastern country so I guess we have a different taste here. This makes me wonder though, aren't Westerners supposed to have more free time than us to appreciate slower-paced shows?

But anyway, the second season isn't surprising since we already knew it's going to be a split cour. Maybe Ubutaka Tow has to write Ghost in the Shell: Arise so he would not have time to do this as a continuous 2-cour show.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» North American Anime & Manga Releases for May

Aiimee - Yesterday

0 by Aiimee »»
Yesterday, 10:47 AM

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
Yesterday, 10:30 AM

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

0 by DatRandomDude »»
Yesterday, 8:56 AM

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
Yesterday, 6:53 AM

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 4

2 by deg »»
Yesterday, 5:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.