Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 28, 2015 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute finale.

We get some catchy song and in general, an ending to the story. Glad to see everyone saying goodbye without some chaotic drama. Overall, a pretty fun season. There were a few episodes that had pacing issues but was actually fun in the end imo.
Mar 28, 2015 11:09 AM

May 2012
Not as fun as the other two seasons, but it was still pretty fun. I always like the endings of each season. The second season has been my favorite though, with this one in second. Always so damn cute.

Definitely wouldn't mind a fourth season.

Didn't like how it always felt as if they were teasing for a darker turn in the series though lol
With the first two or three episodes and when Verde was introduced.
OlemMar 28, 2015 11:42 AM

Mar 28, 2015 11:15 AM
Aug 2009
Olem said:
Definitely wouldn't mind a third season.

Actually, there is 3rd season already :)
Mar 28, 2015 11:20 AM

Dec 2013
Deathless said:
Olem said:
Definitely wouldn't mind a third season.

Wait, isn't THIS the third season???

Overall this was what I expected it to be considering the first two seasons, a very chill fantasy anime where nothing really happens much, but is still fun because of the characters.

Would have wanted at least another session of those "War Games" that they put on, but in the end it was still a chill and enjoyable series.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 28, 2015 11:29 AM

Feb 2008
to be quite honest, this felt rather empty. nothing really happened.
Mar 28, 2015 11:39 AM

May 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
Deathless said:

Wait, isn't THIS the third season???

Overall this was what I expected it to be considering the first two seasons, a very chill fantasy anime where nothing really happens much, but is still fun because of the characters.

Would have wanted at least another session of those "War Games" that they put on, but in the end it was still a chill and enjoyable series.

It was a typo, guys x_x

4th season*

Well, not so much a typo as my brain derping, but you know what I meant
OlemMar 28, 2015 11:50 AM

Mar 28, 2015 12:32 PM

Jul 2009
it was nice, but i wouldhave like more episode like the 8th of this season.
still pleasant to watch
bruh
Mar 28, 2015 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
It was cute ending.

Good to see everyone is saying goodbye.
Mar 28, 2015 1:19 PM
Feb 2009
i'm think 4 season will be soon.
Mar 28, 2015 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
This season wasn't as enjoyable as the first or the second season sadly.
I really miss the fun and interactions of characters that made this show enjoyable to watch in the first place.
Cinque became less important as well.
6/10 series now.

I'm really hoping for a S4 where it will be much more entertaining and less serious stuff.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Mar 28, 2015 2:05 PM
Mar 2015
this really needs a 4th season!
even the ending card points to probably a forth season.
heavens, milhi and shinku need to kiss :v
Mar 28, 2015 2:18 PM

Sep 2009
IMHO. This season was better than second one although not as good as S1. THey actually had a decent plot. Damn even if it was 11 eps of fillers like S2+ep about Clarfier and Ko I'll still rate it higher. But they had two decent plot arcs at the beginning and in the and. And I think that Leaf was nice addition to the cast.
Mar 28, 2015 5:11 PM

Dec 2014
A relative boring and unenergetic season. At least we've got almost all the fetishes (the giant, the mini, shorta, mermaid etc). Still a decent escapism, especially if you're into animal girls.
Mar 28, 2015 6:20 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
And it's over already. >_< But cute finale. Dog Days could even go for a fourth season. There's a lot of stuff the producers could do with this series and the adventures could even be endless.

Just look at that end card. Sure is quite the huge cast! xD

AaaaaaKun said:
At least we've got almost all the fetishes (the giant, the mini, shota, mermaid etc).

LOL, so true! Dog Days season 3 is fetish paradise.
Mar 28, 2015 6:21 PM

Oct 2012
Anther great season
Mar 28, 2015 6:50 PM

May 2011
Enjoyed this season more than the second one, still not as good as the first season, but overall a very enjoyable season.
Also i think that the downside of this season is the lack of Eclair D:
Mar 28, 2015 6:54 PM

Nov 2011
ill fucking cry if this doesnt get a s4
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Mar 28, 2015 7:04 PM

Oct 2011
No....no it cant be over already... please no. My guilty pleasure. DX

This season's plot with the sky sea was nice and some of the fights were wicked but i prefer the anime when they are in their countries, just having fun together. the character interactions are what attracted me to this anime in the first place.

Also not NEARLY enough Eclair. Omg. Shame on them.
Mar 28, 2015 7:06 PM

Aug 2014
At the end of the third season the series still being very funny and lovely! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Mar 28, 2015 8:56 PM

Aug 2013
I give 7/10 because I love DogDeys ^^
Mar 28, 2015 8:56 PM

Jun 2012
Not bad but way worse than the first two seasons.
Mar 28, 2015 9:42 PM

Jan 2011
Dog Days I will miss you again. Always a pleasure to adventure with this cast. Always feel sad when this leaves the weakly line up because it is so fun to watch. Still can't top S1.

S1>S3=S2
Mar 28, 2015 10:15 PM

Nov 2013
IZEROII said:
Dog Days I will miss you again. Always a pleasure to adventure with this cast. Always feel sad when this leaves the weakly line up because it is so fun to watch. Still can't top S1.

S1>S3=S2

+1 ^
Mar 29, 2015 12:12 AM

Feb 2013
Some episodes were good and I enjoyed some of the new characters, but overall, the season felt very hollow. The lack of a proper war game was a letdown, too. And Cinque seems like he was pushed to mid-card. There was virtually no story development here either, aside from Adel's trip down memory lane.

But the biggest slap in the face was how irrelevant Eclair was this season. I know she wasn't a main character (this time), but she fucking should have been. I mean, even Leo got more face-time. I love my Leo, but I prefer my Leo with a side of Eclair.

From 8 to 7 to 6. I really hope a S4 doesn't feel this disappointing.
Mar 29, 2015 2:28 AM

Sep 2008
awwww another cute ending for an anime that never fils to put a smile on my face, each season, each episode :3

been watching this one since april 2011 :O such a long time being happy with this show =D

dat catchy song =)

it's almost a given we'll get a s4 =D looking forward to it :3
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 29, 2015 5:17 AM

Jul 2011
When Shinku took Milhi in his arms and promised her that he'd come again, with no transition between that scene and the beam of light, leaving a view of the platform that did not show Milhi... my heart fluttered. I thought that was actually happening. When they arrived in England I was expecting her to pop up, confused. :(

I need to go back and watch season 1 again sometime.
090 - XXX - ##3X
Mar 29, 2015 6:56 AM

Nov 2011
This was just as good if not better than s1, my only gripe with the show is there was very little Eclair, will wait for s4 and hope it's 2-cour.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 29, 2015 7:13 AM

Apr 2009
Still feels like a waste of good ideas onto panties and lack thereof, but at least it was a big improvement over S2 in actually featuring some plot. Not that I like my doggie days for it, but plot at least keeps it on leash.

I hope it sold well something. S4 when?
Mar 29, 2015 7:16 AM

Apr 2013
Maybe it's my imagination, but this show seems to get more and more sickeningly sweet and cute every season. The first season was my favorite, cause Shinku was the only hero then, and the war games were pretty entertaining. Second season wasn't too bad either, but this season was by far the worst.

And i hate that rabbit kid. Not sure why...
Mar 29, 2015 12:59 PM

Mar 2008
kisami said:

This is how I felt about most of the season to be honest. I really liked the first season with the war and demon battle in the end, then the second season with the all out war games and new heroes, but something about this season just didn't do it for me.
Mar 29, 2015 4:53 PM
Jun 2010
i wish there was more than 1 arc...
Mar 29, 2015 6:12 PM
Jan 2012
Well, like many others, I wished for more Eclair... Though I didn't actually have any issues... I really liked Sharu though, I also wish we got to see more of her... Okay, so there are actually a few people I wish to have seen more of, but regardless I enjoyed everything.

I look forward to a season four... And I can't help but wonder how many more people are going to be added... It seems at least three to five come in each time.
Mar 30, 2015 3:03 PM

Sep 2010
kisami said:

This

I found it rather boring, the characters were kinda flat imo
It was as if it was all about the fanservice of cute girls

5/10
Mar 30, 2015 3:58 PM
Mar 2013
The season was decent but gosh, a litle bit of drama won't kill the show. The characters are awesome but they just did not shine this season.It would have been one heck of a clifhanger if the princess would pop up in england. That would get me really excited for season 4. Still, 7/10.
Mar 30, 2015 9:30 PM

Jan 2010
It's already over? Can't be, my heart didn't got enough to fill the hole of 3 years of waiting :(
I hope S4 will not take so much time like S3 to come out. I liked Dog Days so much that I can't even choose what season is my favorite, I love all 3!
Mar 31, 2015 12:45 AM

Jan 2011
this season felt weak compared to the other ones didn't help the last arc was quite boring..
but you know i welcome more dog days it's one of my guilty pleasures

and was i giving that guy on the bridge to much thought why did he look so angry lol? any 6/10 hopefully whenever s4 comes out because it will they change it up a bit
Mar 31, 2015 9:32 AM

Mar 2012
Cinque's love life huh, who's the candidate? Millhiore or Rebecca..
Keep moving forward
Apr 1, 2015 3:47 AM

Jul 2012
Season 3 has managed to surpass season 2 in terms of happy-happy, everything rainbows and sunshine atmosphere. It's not a bad thing but I wish they balanced it out with some serious conflict.

There was no tension, the battle arcs were resolved withing 2 episodes, then we get 8 episodes of filler but not even any war games. I didn't like how half the main cast basically became side characters.

All in all, despite a good start, ended up being a very disappointing season :/

6/10.
Apr 1, 2015 8:55 PM

Oct 2011
Season 4 Please!!!!
Apr 2, 2015 8:52 AM

May 2010
This makes Gaul x Aria star-crossed lovers... literally.

Only you understand our pain, Couvert. Eclair didn't get to have screentime... Not a single episode dedicated to her- even a half-episode.

For a moment, I thought Milhi was going to kiss Cinque. Nice focus on becky.

This season was so weird. I was okay with it for the most part, there were many episodes which annoyed me with their unneeded fanservice... There were barely any screentime for Eclair so yeah that was a letdown. Yet I feel like giving it a 6.5. The last 3 episodes were good and lacked fanservice, that must be the reason. And oh yeah, the art was fab as well.
Apr 3, 2015 6:15 PM
Jul 2013
Omg! Aria and Gaul are so cute together! I ship them! I hope they will meet someday! I hope there is another season! So more cute couples in these anime like Cinque and Princess Milhi or Gaul and Aria too! Both couples are so cute together.

Aria is really pretty.
Apr 4, 2015 1:32 AM

Dec 2013
While I did like the arc at the end, all in all I thought this season was rather lacking. It was hollow, nothing like the first two seasons. On the traditional 1 to 10 scale, I've given S1 & 2 a 9. This one dropped a full two points.

I do hope for another season, and that end card seems to point to one and I hope sometime soon. I hated waiting so long for this one. I would like to see Leaf return, I liked him as a part of the cast. I also enjoyed the Dragon Priestess, would like to see her again as well. But, I must say, Shinku seems to have been relegated to supporting cast this time around. There wasn't enough screen time for him and Millhi, and the idea of Heroes has kind of lost their luster. The absence of the War Games was unfortunate, and definitely could have used more Eclair screen time.

Maybe this season just got a little too big for it's britches, they should keep it simple like season one. It's alright have such a large and wonderful cast, but trying to keep them all involved all of the time AND create entertaining stories just doesn't work so well when you've only got 12 episodes to do it. I can say from experience, it's hard to write entertaining stories when you're trying to include such a large group of characters. Sometimes you have to leave some out, people will still like them even if they can't see them all of the time.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 4, 2015 11:41 PM

Apr 2011
Decent series. It has it fun moments but the first two seasons were better.

The series was greatly lacking of Eclair and Eclair x Shinku screentime! How could they!? Plus, the lack of war games. Its one the reasons why I like this series, but it kinda made up for it fighting those cursed swords, and demons just a bit.

I still enjoyed it. It was rather easy to watch and no unnecessary drama. Nice to see Gaul found a love interest, but I'm more interested in Shinku's love life.

6/10 for the series.
Apr 7, 2015 1:17 PM

Jan 2008
Keep them coming. I don't think I could ever get bored of these characters.
Apr 8, 2015 1:57 AM

Sep 2009
I wouldn't mind a reversal of roles where some of them come to the real world. I would be all over that. Does anyone know of any show that does this for more than one episode?
Apr 8, 2015 4:01 AM

Jan 2013
In this season Eclair who was my favorite didn't get that much screan time and it semed as this season had more fan service , but other then that it is as great as first two seasons. It's amoung my top 10 anime, hope it gets a season 4.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

May 2, 2015 1:31 AM

Jun 2014
ITS SO CUTE.
I always love this show.
I hope for a season 4.
Best girl Eclair DIDNT EVEN GET A GOOD BYE! WTF.
And the signing was dumb.
but i still loved the show over all.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 2, 2015 8:42 AM

Jun 2009
The final arc was pretty shitty so this season gets a 6/10 from me.
May 8, 2015 7:23 AM
May 2015
Dog Days was the BEST anime i ever watch 😄, so my life it's gonna little bit lonely again for hoping and waiting for next Season. Dog Days is Sugoiiii
May 8, 2015 7:25 AM
May 2015
Dog Days was the BEST anime i ever watch 😄, so my life it's gonna little bit lonely again for hoping and waiting for next Season. Dog Days is Sugoiiii
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

24 by Dawizz »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:46 AM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

35 by Dawizz »»
Jul 22, 2023 12:20 AM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

27 by Dawizz »»
Jul 17, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2015

27 by Dawizz »»
Jul 17, 2023 5:46 PM

Poll: » Dog Days'' Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

31 by Dawizz »»
Jul 14, 2023 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.