Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (24) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 19, 2015 9:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, and that was his final piano play this series (unless OVA shows something more). Nice played Kousei.

As for the letter, it's was pretty touching. And also it revealed the series's reason for the 'Your Lie in April' (heh, even though the show aired in March). Sad about Kaori though. The letter obviously implies that she died ;_;

Overall, a good show that was fully adapted since the manga also concluded. Was kinda disappointed about Watari not getting enough characterization compared to some of the others though. But still quite entertaining overall.
Mar 19, 2015 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Chelizzle said:
Adaptation wise it was good overall,but I'm not a fan of that ending.I wonder what'll be shown in the ova?

I guess maybe something original most likely.
Mar 19, 2015 10:00 AM

Nov 2007
More feelings while playing. Then two of them playing together in the space he created. As if he knows, she's gone.

In the letter, she saw him when she was 5 and like him. She lived freely, knowing that she lives short. She lied about liking childhood guy, as expected. ED1 as IN. Childhood girl is still willing to be with him.

Ok, Cannot wait for the Special.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 19, 2015 10:07 AM
Jan 2015
Too little too late.

Though, I always knew that Kousei was a pedophile.

RandomDeceptionMar 19, 2015 7:33 PM
"The anime that I have directed posess the same intended effect on my viewers as my interest for kids, where both get fucked." - Akiyuki Shinbo
Mar 19, 2015 10:07 AM

Dec 2013
I already glanced the manga, but it hurts even more watching the episode itself.

For once, it's really sad that Kaori's surgery didn't work out which met her fate. It's probably around the time during Kousei's performance when she appeared near him playing the violin along with him with the piano. Once she disappeared, poof, it's all over. Rest in peace, Kaori, you funny girl.

Of course, the "lie" is finally exposed. I don't know why she would just introduce herself to him but yet again their first meet was spectacular and beautiful in the first episode. Through the start till end, I love how Kousei has grown more maturely within his music and perhaps his character, all thanks to Kaori, who then says in the letter that she loves him. Ah, here goes the faded romance.

Overall, it was really a nice story. It may have some problems such as comedy being too forced and Watari not having enough airtime. I definitely love the animation and the music is eargasm, yo. The adaptation from its manga is really well-done as well. At least all (or most) of the important bits are in the anime, which is great!
Mar 19, 2015 10:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fuuuuuuuck, i saw the last 5 mins of the episode. Fuck me, too sad to handle.
Mar 19, 2015 10:09 AM

Mar 2013
7/10
Mar 19, 2015 10:17 AM

Oct 2011
This show is overrated. It tried doing too much and didn't have a clear identity. Was it trying to be a romance or was it more about the music? First half was great because it solely focused on the feeling of playing music and the enjoyment it brought. Then it became a melodramatic love triangle romance of middle schoolers who acted like adults. It was weird and off putting.

The ending was predictable and decent at best. This show is a 7/10 and I hope people change their scores because currently its score is overinflated.
Mar 19, 2015 10:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
So much for that "miracle" lol I guess the alternate ending that some of us assumed would have happened today will happen in the OVA

Anyway, personally I didn't want Kaori to die but regardless the ending was still beautiful

Overall the characters in this series were great, the drama and feels were on point and the music was beyond amazing but it still has its problems

8/10 RIP Best Girl
Mar 19, 2015 10:29 AM
Jul 2014
WAIT! Its released already??? WHERE???
Mar 19, 2015 10:31 AM
Jan 2015
Tokoya said:
8/10 RIP Best Girl

So a violent dying character with a terrible temper can be "best girl". Seems legit.
"The anime that I have directed posess the same intended effect on my viewers as my interest for kids, where both get fucked." - Akiyuki Shinbo
Mar 19, 2015 10:41 AM

Dec 2013
I need to go do some manly shit right now.

Great story and the music was amazing.

8/10
Eh
Mar 19, 2015 10:42 AM

Oct 2007
I can't help but feel this show gets its praise more for the kind of show it is (hardcore KEY style melodrama) and the look of it more than anything to do with execution. At the end of the day we get our "profound" meaning and sob story ending as could have been predicted episodes ago where the story probably could have ended, but my lack of empathy for or lasting interest in the cast leaves it feeling oh so hollow and I felt this way with the manga too. They just aren't particularly likeable for the most part and I can't help but feel that it shifted gears from a decent personal story about a troubled musician to romantic melodrama to the detriment of its potential. In any case as they say its all over but the crying for those that get really emotional over this sort of stuff.
Mar 19, 2015 10:52 AM
Oct 2012
Borgov said:
It tried doing too much and didn't have a clear identity. Was it trying to be a romance or was it more about the music? ....Then it became a melodramatic love triangle romance of middle schoolers who acted like adults. It was weird and off putting.

Yep, melodrama. Show would have been infinitely better had childhood girlfriend just been a friend through the series with the ending maybe promising that things would change.

Too much angst. The "girl with the incurable disease who teachers tormented artist about life" is a cliche in Japan by itself, but then add "childhood girl friend realizing she is in love with tormented artist because he finally shows an interest in another girl" is another hackneyed cliche. Add to that the whole conflict with the mother angle and well, it is just too much. Any one would have been fine, but 3?

Not to say that this show didn't have some great stuff: loved the rivals and the competitions, liked the new teacher (and surrogate mom), there was stuff that should have been given the space to breathe, add to that very good animation, and some very nice music, and there were the pieces of a truly good animation, but the stench of the melodrama in the end suffocated everything.
Mar 19, 2015 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
What a beautiful ending.
Mar 19, 2015 11:04 AM

Aug 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I can't help but feel this show gets its praise more for the kind of show it is (hardcore KEY style melodrama) and the look of it more than anything to do with execution. At the end of the day we get our "profound" meaning and sob story ending as could have been predicted episodes ago where the story probably could have ended, but my lack of empathy for or lasting interest in the cast leaves it feeling oh so hollow and I felt this way with the manga too. They just aren't particularly likeable for the most part and I can't help but feel that it shifted gears from a decent personal story about a troubled musician to romantic melodrama to the detriment of its potential. In any case as they say its all over but the crying for those that get really emotional over this sort of stuff.

The show was bad, I feel you m8..
Mar 19, 2015 11:16 AM

Oct 2010
RandomDeception said:
Tokoya said:
8/10 RIP Best Girl

So a violent dying character with a terrible temper can be "best girl". Seems legit.
Those types of characters are always popular. The reason why is beyond me . Still though, good series. 8/10
Mar 19, 2015 11:21 AM

May 2009
RandomDeception said:
Tokoya said:
8/10 RIP Best Girl

Still better than violent baseball slut with terrible temper.
Mar 19, 2015 11:24 AM
May 2014
4/10 Technical execution was fantastic all around: Well directed, insane soundtrack and sound, great adaption of the manga, etc. pretty much the only reason to watch. The story lacked direction, it didn't know where it wanted to go. Characters were all shallow besides Kaori who, despite regressing for no valid reason which kills the development, had a character arc and a conclusion. It had a lot of potential, which is a shame. I hope the author will learn from this and try to fix his shortcomings for his next work(hope he'll try to write a Seinen or Josei at least).

Edit:Upped to 5/10 just for how good the production values were.
kikohunterMar 19, 2015 12:49 PM
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Mar 19, 2015 11:25 AM

Dec 2013
bastek66 said:
RandomDeception said:

Minus the baseball part, you just describe Kaori.
Eh
Mar 19, 2015 11:46 AM

Mar 2013
KAO-Chan!!!!!!!!! Osananajimi has a chance now. I'll be rooting for Tsubaki now that Kao-chan is gone. That was heart breaking for me to watch. Damn, I at least want to hear Kousei confess to Kaori but not gonna happen now.
Mar 19, 2015 11:55 AM

Dec 2009
Easily anime of the year for me. The tears, the emotions, the power of the performance.

And that letter, so heartbreaking. She loved him all along. Practically was her driving force in life besides being remembered. Kousei has suffered so much, I really feel sorry for that kid. Tsubaki is there to cheer him up, but really it makes the whole thing worse.

Yet despite her death, spring still has to come. The spring in which she is not there will always come because time doesn't stop. It's a motif that this anime has been playing on for it's entire run. Time is always flowing whether we want it to or not.

Truly an anime to remember.
Mar 19, 2015 11:56 AM

Jul 2014
Seriously, end of animes are the best.
But I can't believe they pass the time when she dies, it would have been a great scene of drama...
As you would expect from a shonen, but it was very good, 8/10.
Mar 19, 2015 12:08 PM
Sep 2014
WHERE THE HELL IS THE MIRACLE THERE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A MIRACLE KAORI WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Mar 19, 2015 12:25 PM

Mar 2008
Ending is beautiful, but a bit over done which makes it look kinda cliche. And for that 9/10
Mar 19, 2015 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
Borgov said:
This show is overrated. It tried doing too much and didn't have a clear identity. Was it trying to be a romance or was it more about the music? First half was great because it solely focused on the feeling of playing music and the enjoyment it brought. Then it became a melodramatic love triangle romance of middle schoolers who acted like adults. It was weird and off putting.

The ending was predictable and decent at best. This show is a 7/10 and I hope people change their scores because currently its score is overinflated.

Exactly the same toughts
Mar 19, 2015 12:28 PM

Aug 2013
That was the saddest letter Ive ever read. I'm gonna go try not to cry now.
My Candies:
Mar 19, 2015 12:29 PM

Dec 2009
From the beginning it was obvious this was going to happen. Still, couldn't avoid some tears.

Really liked the visuals and the ost, but some other parts were terrible. Like how they were abusing Arima (Tsubaki kicking him while he was sad. Way to ruin the mood), not deciding if his mother was a good person or just abusing him, and that stupid love triangle. And, many may hate this, but I really didn't like Miyazono's personality, or Tsubaki's. The male friend was also forgettable.

7/10 in my books
Linkark07Mar 19, 2015 12:52 PM
Mar 19, 2015 12:29 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Emotional finale... Well, I only teared up when the acoustic ED song started playing along with pictures of Kaori being shown.

This simply was just fantastic. I'm glad I watched this till the end. Thank you.
Mar 19, 2015 12:34 PM
Sep 2014
Again wasnt there gonna be miracle or something WTF?
Mar 19, 2015 12:36 PM

Apr 2014
God, what a sad yet beatiful ending, perfect! One of my favorite anime ever
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2015 12:37 PM

Jun 2012
Final Thoughts of KimiUso: You can polish poop all you want to make it shine, it's still poop at the end of the day

You're better off watching White Album 2
Mar 19, 2015 12:37 PM

May 2012
the feels are real
Mar 19, 2015 12:38 PM

Apr 2014
Reaction to the Last Episode:

Damn the feels I had when I'm watching this was so depressing I can't explain why I had a bit teary, I really can't understand.
I just hope that Kosei had the courage to tell Kaori he loves her. Also the same with Kaori but at least she express it how she loves Arima Kousei.
But It's just, They didn't had much good times with each other with knowing that they liked/loved each other.
As I expected the Anime Version would be 2 times more painful to watch. I'm so crushed...
I'll rate this Anime Adaptation a 9 score (or maybe I'll give it a 10?). Also I wonder what would be the story of the OVA?
I wish it will fill up the manga had left because for me it's still unfinished. I want more!
RayzerMar 19, 2015 5:28 PM
Haters always gonna hate.

Aug 2013
8/10, maybe 9/10 for that like it ended.

But no, 8/10 will be enough.
rsc-plMar 19, 2015 12:58 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 2015
ImTheGuy said:
bastek66 said:

Minus the baseball part, you just describe Kaori.

That's because he was describing Tsubaki.
Mar 19, 2015 12:39 PM
Apr 2014
ssj1235 said:
Again wasnt there gonna be miracle or something WTF?

Exactly my thoughts, I feel kinda betrayed here, I loved the ending, yes, but I had my hopes high for that...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mar 19, 2015 12:40 PM

Aug 2014
Predictable ending it may be and it does have some missed opportunities, but I don't really care it was one beautiful anime 10/10. Also now I'm sad :(
Mar 19, 2015 12:43 PM

Aug 2010
Beautiful :*)

Kousei's performance was beautiful esp after he realized that her coming to play with him means she's dead ;_;

DAMN the shifts in tone he made throughout the performance were insanely GOAT!!
I wanted the friggin audience reactions to his epic performance though D:

So Kousei also inspired Kaori too :O She friggin decided to become a violinist just to play with him?! DAMN O_o!

The letter reading part was so damn FEELZ inducing T^T Kaori's smile is just too heavenly :*)

9/10 for me :3
Barion-ZaraMar 21, 2015 6:35 AM
Mar 19, 2015 12:44 PM

Apr 2011
The feels in this such a great ending and great series...
RIP Kaori 10/10
Mar 19, 2015 12:44 PM

Jul 2014
[quote=ImTheGuy]I need to go do some manly shit right now.

me too
Shirayuki= Most Perfect Female MC ever
Mar 19, 2015 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
A true masterpiece and a great adaptation.
This was on par with the Clannad feels imo ;__;
Mar 19, 2015 12:45 PM

Mar 2013
HybridMBL said:
Final Thoughts of KimiUso: You can polish poop all you want to make it shine, it's still poop at the end of the day

You're better off watching White Album 2

The tug of war of the triangle love in White Album 2, please that series make you wanna punch MC.
Mar 19, 2015 12:46 PM
Sep 2014
All I can say is just WOW. This was an amazing show. I was giving this show a 9 before, but now, to be honest, the ending just gave it a 10.

I also have to save, it was a mistake to watch this episode in public. xD

Great show. 10/10
Mar 19, 2015 12:47 PM

Jun 2014
The feeelllsssssss 100/10
Mar 19, 2015 12:47 PM

Oct 2014
I cried... I cried so much... even if the ending was really beautiful.. (╥﹏╥)
Mar 19, 2015 12:48 PM

Sep 2012
Well it was a bit disappointing that it ended that way, I was hoping for a more straight forward transition into what his life and future choices were since they killed off ole Blondie.

6/10

Beautiful artwork and great music (8 year pianist) so I m a bit biased 9/10
Bland story and horrible ending 4/10
"Romance can strengthen people, but it can also make them useless."

Deishu Kaiki
Mar 19, 2015 12:49 PM

Apr 2014
The pain is real.
Mar 19, 2015 12:49 PM

Dec 2013
Well, a decent ending. Tsubaki was the better girl of course but I knew it's not gonna happen. It least it wasn't some bullshit romance based on a few hours spent together like it happens in some anime.
The performance in the first half of the episode was excellent.
I liked the first half of this anime much more. It didn't have any plot, just random shit with music performances. Then the whole drama began. It was obvious Kaori's gonna die and yet they prolonged it till the last episode. Ehh. The comedic moments were very poor and the cast overall average at best.
Visuals were great, sasuga A1. And the OST, damn that OST. Downloaded it already.
5/10, gotta watch Nodame soon
Mar 19, 2015 12:51 PM

Nov 2011
10/10
Never have i had this much feels when watching anime.
Hate Keeps me warm
Pages (24) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Is this worth watching even if you got spoiled on the ending ? ( 1 2 )

Mister_WD - Apr 23, 2022

70 by patkarunungan »»
Apr 15, 11:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.