Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
Oct 11, 2015 1:39 PM

Sep 2014
TsunderePrince said:
ChristianMB said:
Could someone throw a recommendation my way? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Gosick.

Also, could someone give me a recommendation for "Watch an anime with a non human main character"? Thanks!

Try Spice & Wolf. Cute and genuine romance in a pretty unique setting for an anime (european middle-age with lots of tradings/peddling).
Oct 13, 2015 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
Can someone give me recommendations for anime where the MC is a profession in their field, please? Thanks in advance!
Oct 13, 2015 12:36 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
MillieAndretti90 said:
Can someone give me recommendations for anime where the MC is a profession in their field, please? Thanks in advance!

Gokusen - Teacher
Oct 13, 2015 1:40 PM

Jan 2015
Can I use Akagami no Shirayuki-hime for a Historical anime? It's not tagged as historical, but the manga is.
Oct 13, 2015 7:45 PM

Dec 2012
I'm having trouble finding an early work by an established staff member. None of the titles I look into are sticking to me. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.
Oct 14, 2015 4:24 AM

Apr 2013
Ratohnhaketon said:
I'm having trouble finding an early work by an established staff member. None of the titles I look into are sticking to me. I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/949/Top_wo_Nerae!_Gunbuster It's what I used.
Oct 14, 2015 7:10 AM

Oct 2012
"Watch an early work of an established anime staff member"

Anyone can give me a few good examples? I don't know what that challenge means.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Oct 14, 2015 7:39 AM

Oct 2012
galimx said:
Jiharo said:
"Watch an early work of an established anime staff member"

Anyone can give me a few good examples? I don't know what that challenge means.

It means what it says. Early or first works of an director or other staff member, for example:

Hideaki Anno: Gunbuster
Satoshi Kon: Perfect Blue
Miyazaki: The Castle of Cagliostro or Nausicaa

Well, they did say established and I'm not sure what counts as being "established"

Perhaps if someone((or you) could explain that, I might have a better understanding and options to choose.

Thanks
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Oct 14, 2015 10:47 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Jiharo said:

Well, they did say established and I'm not sure what counts as being "established"

Perhaps if someone((or you) could explain that, I might have a better understanding and options to choose.

Thanks

In the original listing it also mentions "10+ roles" so an early work of someone who has at least 10 different credits under their name.

Here are some suggestions:
Panda! Go Panda! - Hayao Miyazaki
Gegege no Kitarou - Isao Takahata
Digimon Adventure - Mamoru Hosoda
Dallos - Mamoru Oshii
Ashita no Joe - Osamu Dezaki
Mononoke - Kenji Nakamura
BrandOct 14, 2015 10:54 AM
Oct 14, 2015 8:46 PM

Oct 2012
Brand said:
Jiharo said:

Thanks

In the original listing it also mentions "10+ roles" so an early work of someone who has at least 10 different credits under their name.

Here are some suggestions:
Panda! Go Panda! - Hayao Miyazaki
Gegege no Kitarou - Isao Takahata
Digimon Adventure - Mamoru Hosoda
Dallos - Mamoru Oshii
Ashita no Joe - Osamu Dezaki
Mononoke - Kenji Nakamura

Btw does Hoshi no Koe/Eva count?
JiharoOct 14, 2015 8:53 PM
Oct 14, 2015 9:16 PM

Jan 2015
Can I use Akagami no Shirayuki-hime for a Historical anime? It's not tagged as historical, but the manga is.
Oct 15, 2015 6:46 AM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Jiharo said:

Yeah, both of those would count.

TsunderePrince said:

This one I am less sure but that seems okay. If you are really unsure I'd PM Loxaris and ask.
Oct 15, 2015 7:43 AM

Oct 2012
Brand said:
Jiharo said:

Yeah, both of those would count.

Thanks a lot.
Oct 16, 2015 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Recommend me an anime for this please.

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
Oct 16, 2015 12:19 PM

Jan 2015
IMKZ said:
Recommend me an anime for this please.

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2012
Oct 16, 2015 1:13 PM

Jan 2015
Could someone recommend an anime for me for

» Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character

Thanks in advance
Oct 18, 2015 2:36 PM

Nov 2013
TsunderePrince said:
Could someone recommend an anime for me for

» Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character

Thanks in advance

Isuca. The heroine is a tsundere.
Oct 18, 2015 2:39 PM

Mar 2015
School Days. MC is a stereotypical dense harem protag.
Oct 22, 2015 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
Hey! I just "signed up" for the challenge, and i realized that ive almost completed it all already (starting since Jan 1 2015). Can someone recommend me an anime for the Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant bullet point? Preferably a 13-episode long anime.

Also, i have a question regarding "Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)". Does this mean that if ive watched, for example, Uchuu Kyoudai, which is an anime recommended if you liked Bakuman, which is an anime that is in my challenge list and that i gave a 10, ive completed this bullet point?
Oct 22, 2015 1:48 PM

Sep 2014
RazorBlade said:
Hey! I just "signed up" for the challenge, and i realized that ive almost completed it all already (starting since Jan 1 2015). Can someone recommend me an anime for the Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant bullet point? Preferably a 13-episode long anime.

Also, i have a question regarding "Watch an anime recommended to a title you scored the highest for this challenge (so far)". Does this mean that if ive watched, for example, Uchuu Kyoudai, which is an anime recommended if you liked Bakuman, which is an anime that is in my challenge list and that i gave a 10, ive completed this bullet point?

Give Barakamon a shot.

And yes, that is correct.
Oct 23, 2015 2:24 AM

Jan 2014
Question: Does Hellsing count as an anime with an archetype as a main character (megane)?
Oct 24, 2015 9:47 AM

Jul 2014
Have a question about this challenge:

(Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge)

Does this mean I have to watch an anime someone has watched for this particular challenge, or it can be any challenge. For example:

( Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships)

Someone watched an anime related to this challenge. Would me watching that anime count.
Oct 24, 2015 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
Elmm said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/949/Top_wo_Nerae!_Gunbuster It's what I used.
I know this is beyond ancient but thanks for the recommendation. Ended up going with Noir for Kajiura Yuki though if anyone is interested.

Ggiov said:
Have a question about this challenge:

(Watch an anime that another user has watched for this challenge)

Does this mean I have to watch an anime someone has watched for this particular challenge, or it can be any challenge. For example:

( Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships)

Someone watched an anime related to this challenge. Would me watching that anime count.
Pretty sure it's just referring to the anime challenge. If it was specifically that challenge no one could get started or there would only be 1-2 titles in there if the first person went with the OP's.
Oct 24, 2015 1:00 PM

Jul 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Pretty sure it's just referring to the anime challenge. If it was specifically that challenge no one could get started or there would only be 1-2 titles in there if the first person went with the OP's.

Okay, thanks.
Oct 25, 2015 1:18 AM

Jan 2014
Transience said:
Question: Does Hellsing count as an anime with an archetype as a main character (megane)?
Bump
Oct 25, 2015 4:56 AM

Oct 2008
Hello, could somebody please recommend me an anime? Preferably something that is between 1-2 cours long and has no Ecchi in it.

Oct 25, 2015 5:12 AM

Dec 2012
Maron1 said:
Hello, could somebody please recommend me an anime? Preferably something that is between 1-2 cours long and has no Ecchi in it.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/22101/Soredemo_Sekai_wa_Utsukushii

It's a bit reminiscent to Akagami no Shirayuki-hime.
Oct 25, 2015 5:21 AM

Oct 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
Maron1 said:

http://myanimelist.net/anime/22101/Soredemo_Sekai_wa_Utsukushii

It's a bit reminiscent to Akagami no Shirayuki-hime.

Thanks!

Oct 25, 2015 5:50 AM

Jan 2014
Transience said:
Transience said:
Bump
ye, bump again. :/
Oct 26, 2015 4:54 AM

Oct 2008
Transience said:
Transience said:
Bump
ye, bump again. :/

Um.. hardly, I guess. Well, usually the term megane is referring to some sort of trait, or reason to make the character looks 'attractive' or 'sweet'. It's difficult for any main characters in Hellsing to fall under this category. I might be wrong though. :) You can refer from TVTropes here.

On the other hand, can anyone suggest me anime? Hopefully 1-cour and exists on my On-Hold list. Thanks! :)
Oct 26, 2015 5:57 AM

Dec 2012
shadowzephyr said:
On the other hand, can anyone suggest me anime? Hopefully 1-cour and exists on my On-Hold list. Thanks! :)
It's kind of one-cour at this point, but I recommend finishing 07-Ghost if you were really enjoying it up until then. Personally I disliked the first 10 episodes but at 11 I got hooked.

There's also Tamayura, which is a bit reminiscent to Aria (same director).
Oct 26, 2015 6:32 AM

Oct 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
It's kind of one-cour at this point, but I recommend finishing 07-Ghost if you were really enjoying it up until then. Personally I disliked the first 10 episodes but at 11 I got hooked.
Oh, really? I forgot why I stopped at half, haha! Well might be because of like you said. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion! :)
Oct 26, 2015 1:43 PM

Sep 2011
So need some help, please! ^-^ (I'd prefer shorter series since I'm kinda runnin' outta time due to starting late...)

1. I'll be completely honest, I have no clue what this requirement is asking for >.> "Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles)" I've never paid attention to people or staff all that much soooo... explanation or recommendations?

2. "Watch an anime that does not take place primarily in Japan, but is still within our universe" stumped on this one ;_; any suggestions?

3. "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" Recommendations, please =D

I appreciate the help/assistance~
Oct 26, 2015 7:47 PM

Jan 2015
riho88riho said:
So need some help, please! ^-^ (I'd prefer shorter series since I'm kinda runnin' outta time due to starting late...)

1. I'll be completely honest, I have no clue what this requirement is asking for >.> "Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles)" I've never paid attention to people or staff all that much soooo... explanation or recommendations?

2. "Watch an anime that does not take place primarily in Japan, but is still within our universe" stumped on this one ;_; any suggestions?

3. "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" Recommendations, please =D

I appreciate the help/assistance~

1. I don't know how you feel about dubs, but Claymore is a good one as it was one of the first anime that Todd Haberkorn voice acted in.

2. Kuroshitsuji Book of Murder takes place in London and it is really good. There's also Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 which takes place in London (I rated it a 10). Hellsing Ultimate also takes place in Britain. Monster takes place in Germany. Le Chevalier D'Eon (France)

3. Watch Gosick it is my favorite anime ever. Or you could watch Shokugeki no Souma which is also amazing.
Oct 27, 2015 5:02 AM

Sep 2011
TsunderePrince said:
1. I don't know how you feel about dubs, but Claymore is a good one as it was one of the first anime that Todd Haberkorn voice acted in.

2. Kuroshitsuji Book of Murder takes place in London and it is really good. There's also Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 which takes place in London (I rated it a 10). Hellsing Ultimate also takes place in Britain. Monster takes place in Germany. Le Chevalier D'Eon (France)

3. Watch Gosick it is my favorite anime ever. Or you could watch Shokugeki no Souma which is also amazing.
Thanks for the suggestions - the "not primarily in Japan" just kinda got stuck in my head and I forgot about the rest of the world XD

I shall get to work! ^-^
Oct 27, 2015 9:58 AM

Sep 2012
Hello everyone, I need a few recommendations on some items from the challenge list.

First off here is my post
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1362808&show=650#post652

And my anime list
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/FakeX?status=7&

The ones I need are

» Watch an original anime
» Watch an anime with less than 10k completed members (hard)
» Watch an ONA
» Watch a staff member's favorite anime
» Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles)
» Watch a historical OR military anime

If there are any animes on my plan to watch that fits the challenge then feel free to say so.
Thanks in advance.
Oct 27, 2015 11:15 AM

Sep 2014
Alright, I will try.

FakeX said:

» Watch an original anime --> Try Mononoke or Zegapain. For Mononoke you can watch ep 9-11 of Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror to see if you like it. It's a prequel to Mononoke.
» Watch an anime with less than 10k completed members (hard) -->it's usually old stuff that falls into this category while being still decent I guess? I haven't done it yet but planning to watch Area88.
» Watch an ONA --> Go for Eve no Jikan.
» Watch a staff member's favorite anime --> ugh there is a list, just klick through them until you find something you want to watch.^^
» Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles) --> Going after my own recommendation, go for an old Miyazaki work. Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro or Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind should both be viable and good.
» Watch a historical OR military anime --> Go for Spice & Wolf, it's already on your ptw.
Oct 29, 2015 5:31 AM

Jan 2014
shadowzephyr said:
Um.. hardly, I guess. Well, usually the term megane is referring to some sort of trait, or reason to make the character looks 'attractive' or 'sweet'. It's difficult for any main characters in Hellsing to fall under this category. I might be wrong though. :) You can refer from TVTropeshere.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. I've read Hellsing so I know that the characters don't fit in what popular anime tags as 'Megane' but I saw it listed on TVTropes and that's why I asked.
Nov 1, 2015 9:11 PM

Jul 2014
I'm looking for a recommendation for the 'Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant' challenge, preferably 12 or 13 episodes thanks.
Nov 2, 2015 3:10 AM

Apr 2013
PointySeat said:
I'm looking for a recommendation for the 'Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant' challenge, preferably 12 or 13 episodes thanks.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/889/Black_Lagoon
Nov 2, 2015 7:19 PM

Jul 2014
Thanks
Nov 3, 2015 8:14 AM

Aug 2015
Okay a few questions.

Does Cardcaptor Sakura count for » Watch an anime with a non-human main character since
isn't a human and is listed as a main character. If not, what's a good, relatively short (24 or so episodes) one that does? Also, since I started Cardcaptor Sakura before I signed up for the challenge, would it still count?

And do 12 episode anime count?

edit: For  » Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field (e.g. doctor, detective) does it matter if the character is a girl instead of a guy?
vanishingroseNov 20, 2015 8:25 AM
Nov 3, 2015 10:02 AM

Apr 2011
hey guys, can someone help me with this fulfillment (': Please & TY.
Challenge related
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

link my anime list;
Nov 3, 2015 12:11 PM

Sep 2014
magikewlgirlz said:
Okay a few questions.

Does Cardcaptor Sakura count for » Watch an anime with a non-human main character since
isn't a human and is listed as a main character. If not, what's a good, relatively short (24 or so episodes) one that does? Also, since I started Cardcaptor Sakura before I signed up for the challenge, would it still count?

And do 12 episode anime count?

Haven't seen Cardcaptor Sakura but 12 episode animes are fine.

5shin said:
Challenge related
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

link my anime list;

If a 2 cour is fine, go for Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. If you would rather watch something shorter, go for the Ghost in the Shell (1995) movie.
Nov 5, 2015 11:52 AM

Oct 2014

Is Kowabon an original anime? I was surprised to see a tag that said "original" on it because I assumed that it was based on what I thought an original plot but I guess I was wrong.

Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action:

Can Parasyte be considered one?

And can someone recommend me an anime? I would like it if you listed 3 in case I saw the one you recommended.
Died_in_VainNov 5, 2015 12:30 PM
Nov 5, 2015 6:23 PM

May 2014
Died_in_Vain said:

Is Kowabon an original anime? I was surprised to see a tag that said "original" on it because I assumed that it was based on what I thought an original plot but I guess I was wrong.

Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action:

Can Parasyte be considered one?

And can someone recommend me an anime? I would like it if you listed 3 in case I saw the one you recommended.

Pretty sure Kowabon is an orginal anime. I usually base original off of the fact that it doesn't have an adaption.

Parasyte has a live action. If you go to the Live Action Adaption Club on MAL you can find a list of anime with live actions.

Also for recommendations, try any of these:
Ergo Proxy
Bokurano
Spice and Wolf
Natsume Yuujinchou
Ao Haru Ride
Tiger and Bunny
Space Dandy
Nov 9, 2015 8:26 AM

Oct 2012
I need a recommendation, anything will do. Just, not very long anime. (Max. 36 chapters, since we're in november and I won't be able to finish if it's any longer than that ^^u)

Right, here's my list
MukuroChwanNov 9, 2015 8:30 AM
Nov 9, 2015 9:36 PM

Apr 2013
MukuroChwan said:
I need a recommendation, anything will do. Just, not very long anime. (Max. 36 chapters, since we're in november and I won't be able to finish if it's any longer than that ^^u)

Right, here's my list

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8129/Kuragehime
Nov 12, 2015 12:21 PM

Jun 2014
5shin said:
Challenge related

Look alive sunshine!
The future is bulletproof
The aftermath is secondary
Its time to do it now and do it loud
Killjoys! Make some noise!
Nov 12, 2015 3:05 PM

Sep 2014
Babe said:
5shin said:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

or, since you are watching Durarara s2 without having seen s1, you might want to check out s1.

If you want a shorter one, just watch the first GitS movie (1995).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 36 seconds ago

0 by deg »»
36 seconds ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

36 by Archean-Return »»
3 minutes ago

» Which 3 unpopular anime from the late 90s-mid 00s would you recommend?

WitherThrakh - Apr 13

22 by Eziprez »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 36 minutes ago

8 by deg »»
8 minutes ago

» Advertise your favorite anime

Tannenbusch - 31 minutes ago

2 by alshu »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.