Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2015 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Intense episode.

Now I get why some people fear Tomoe and his powers. Felt kinda bad for Jirou this episode though. The connection he has built with Nanami up to this point has been quite something.

What a nice girl Nanami is though to her friends. Jirou is lucky to made a friend like her :>
Mar 16, 2015 11:31 AM

Nov 2007
Underground, huh. That leader is actually helping her out (and that confession when hurt protecting her). Kurama is having trauma when returning that room, though. Tomoe caught up quickly. So the soul is within the monster?!

Kurama's father is safe now, then that young leader is up later. Pretty hanami. When I was wondering when that monkey will transform into human boy, he did a bit in this ep. That medicine talk made him realize she has another person/god in love.

Two more eps. with new arc? Nanami is back to kid?
tsubasaloverMar 16, 2015 11:35 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 16, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
Poor Tomoe, the moment he saved Nanami she shouts out Jirou's name and he says he loves her lol...and his reaction seeing Nanami "Hime Dakko'd" by Jiro into the sky XD So jelly :P Props to Jiro for confessing ^^

I'd exchange any amounts of donuts for those peach pills XD

Drunk Nanami is cute :3 The ending was really sweet with Nanami and Tomoe both saying they love each other <3
Mar 16, 2015 1:13 PM

Feb 2011
I'm so happy with this episode!! Actually, this season has been really great, I love the soundtrack and the story and it's almost over! :'(

It would be amazing if they adapted Tomoe's past but I guess that alone would make a perfect 3rd season, meanwhile, I will enjoy those 2 episodes we have left and cross my fingers for what's to come.
Mar 16, 2015 1:27 PM

Jun 2010
I was thinking that this reason would be 26 episodes, new openings etc :( past arc will make great season 3 but I don't wanna wait for 3 years :(

EPISODE WAS SO AWESOME. I almost cried :( next 2 episode will be great too.
Mar 16, 2015 1:28 PM

Sep 2012
The "Alcohol flavored" gag is getting pretty repetitive this season lol.
Oh god who are you people?
Mar 16, 2015 1:45 PM
Apr 2014
Nanami as a kid? Seems like next ep will be uber cute
Mar 16, 2015 2:40 PM

May 2012
OMG. They are adapting the "Year God's Shrine"!!!! One of my fave where Tomoe.... hehe. Super excited to see it animated! Damn. Great episode from start to end. I just feel good after watching this even though I already read the manga before.

"Is it something that is passed down at your shrine?"
"No, I got these in exchange for some donuts." LOL. I really love Nanami.
rebelakumaMar 16, 2015 2:46 PM
Mar 16, 2015 3:06 PM
Jul 2013
I feel so sorry for Jiro that I almost cried out of pity because of is uncorresponded love :(
Poor him ;-;
Mar 16, 2015 3:19 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Healed his soul but broke his heart. And Life goes on...
Mar 16, 2015 4:36 PM

Sep 2007
Gawd the confessions at the end were cute..even though it was drunk Nanami and Tomoe's thoughts.

WHAAAAT?!?! This is only going to go to 12 eps?! NUOOooooo!!! We need a season 3 then!!! DX

I guess the "Year God Shrine" is the last arc then...and I can pretty much guess that...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 16, 2015 5:57 PM

Jul 2010
The feeling to protect someone and be happy as long as that person is safe!

Tomoe beating that raiju, puking out Sojobo's soul xD Jirou's confession at both instances, you can stay here forever. Glad to see the tengu mountain changing so much.

Tomoe not being honest for the most part until Nanami can't hear, but it was still quite the nice confession!
Mar 16, 2015 6:53 PM
Jul 2013
Love the end of the episode! They confessed to each other but Nanami was drunk so unlucky her, she wasn't able to hear it or remember it
Mar 16, 2015 8:03 PM

Jan 2015
This series really brightens up my week. Nanami in the cherry blossoms was beautiful and great thinking on Jiro's part. The little tengu's are so adorable!
Mar 17, 2015 12:13 AM

Apr 2012
The end was cute. I enjoyed this episode with every minute ^^
Mar 17, 2015 1:16 AM

Feb 2012
JIROU is the MAN!! He was able to confess his love to Nanami, while on the other hand, Tomoe has been all tsundere!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Mar 17, 2015 2:36 AM

Nov 2014
The ending of this episode is so good, I had to watch it over though, because I am, shipping trash,
Mar 17, 2015 5:02 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode! Can't wait for next weeks.
Mar 17, 2015 6:43 AM

Sep 2014
I wonder how powerful Tomoe really is when at his prime, considering that he easily beat a thundergod beast while even a hard-trained tengu wont even face head on, maybe we'll get to see a grand battle with his brother, a battle of light and darkness, if that arc ever concludes itself (sidetracked for the 2nd time now).

Anyway, I really like this show because there doesn't seem to be any 'real' bad guy, just naughty ones popping out every now and then. And the light humor and pleasing setting just makes it feel like a story of gods shenanigans xD
Mar 17, 2015 10:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wonderful. Really loved Nanami x Jiro.

You know what they say: When you are drunk, you easily spill out the truth.
Mar 17, 2015 12:00 PM

Aug 2011
Drunk Nanami FTW! :D

Props to Jiro for actually confessing while Tomoe's still beating around the bush and/or being a huge d-bag all tsuntsun. Tomoe's face while he flew away with Nanami xD

Laughed when the thunderbolt beast just puked that soul out like TWO FEAKIN' SECONDS after the confession, are you kidding me? xD

So, kid!Nanami next week, can't wait!
死ねカス国に帰れ
Mar 17, 2015 12:45 PM

Aug 2013
Drunk Nanami cracked me up! ''ToMOeee!! TOMOEEEE!!! ¦D ''
It's funny how Tomoe is scared of losing Nanami, yet keep being so tsun-tsun with her. He's really dere, but on the inside, which doesn't show much to Nanami, unfortunately.

Jiro got injured because of Nanami carelessness (it's been a long time since she didn't do a major error as this one), but peach pills!! I wouldn't bother if all the donuts in the world transformed into such a useful medicine... Well, maybe a little bit.

Jiro redemned himself from his actions and tyranny. He can now take a new path, one where he will be at peace :'3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 17, 2015 12:50 PM
Jul 2014
What a cute episode! Jiro's adorable :3 I feel bad for him because he fell in love with Nanami and he knows she will never return his feelings... Poor Jiro... I wanna give him a hug.

Tomoe's jealousy was hilarious! Made me laugh the most this episode. Hehe it's just amusing seeing a man like Tomoe get jealous.

The end with Tomoe and Nanami was too cute to handle! Man all these feels... I think I have now cavity from all the sweetness >.<

Overall it was another great episode to watch :)
Mar 17, 2015 2:34 PM

Apr 2014
I have a crush with Jirou ,hope i can see it again pleaseeeee :P-------
Mar 17, 2015 6:22 PM

Jul 2009
Awww despite Jiro initially being a total asshole I've really come to like him! LoL i actually don't mind the Nanami x Jiro pairing :3
Mar 18, 2015 10:38 AM

May 2014
Tch. Jiro fell in love with Nanami? The fudge is that?!!! I can't accept it! You fall for a person regardless of how long you've been together, or not even stressing why did you fall for the person. There's no such thing as love at first sight. Ugh. Jiro is just confused. He hasn't saw much women in his entire life, he moves too fast. I hate him.

I'm Tomoe all the way.. He seems much more stronger and dependable than Jiro, someone Nanami can rely to since they've been together for a long time.

I like how matured Tomoe is, given that Jiro already confesses to Nanami. He's calm and don't let things get to him easily. The fact that how he actually feels shows on his actions is so adorable ♥ Ahh, Tomoe!

And this part, aaahhhhh! Tomoe♥ WHAT ARE YOU BEING TONGUE-TIED FOR?!! IF YOU LIKE HER, JUST SAY IT KONO BAKA! *punches Tomoe*
violityMar 18, 2015 10:48 AM
Mar 18, 2015 4:40 PM

Jan 2015
When Tomoe said "Let her do whatever she wants, she has a short lifetime blah blah"- did anyone else think "Well using that logic be with her, she's clearly wants you and vice versa, hurry up and confess!" XD
Mar 18, 2015 7:48 PM

Oct 2011
Jiro confessed to Nanami <3
Mar 19, 2015 6:34 AM

Aug 2008
Ugh Tomoe pls stop beating around the bush and confess to her already
You're lucky Nanami really do have feelings for you
and she wasn't easily swayed by bb Jiro
Mar 19, 2015 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
Such a wonderful episode. The scene between Nanami and Jirou on the tree was lovely. So romantic. I already knew Nanami's answer but still loved it. Jirou changed a lot because of her. That's one of the qualities of Nanami that I really like, the way she manages to change people with her kindness and with the way she is...
Drunk Nanami is always hilarious :)
Mar 20, 2015 7:39 AM

Sep 2014
Really cute episode! Tomoe was badass, saving Nanmi from that Thunder demon. And his confession to her again. Ah, I really love this Anime. <3
Mar 21, 2015 5:54 AM

Jul 2009
Glad Jirou was ok in the end, it was sweet the way he was brave to tell Nanami that he was in love, and it was really pretty when he took her to the sakura tree! And Tomoe got all jealous haha
Mar 21, 2015 6:59 AM
Apr 2014
Wow Jirou was pretty cool. Didn't think he'd change that much just by finding out the truth.

and drunk Nanami was hilarious :D
Mar 21, 2015 9:40 AM

Oct 2011
jbeat said:
JIROU is the MAN!! He was able to confess his love to Nanami, while on the other hand, Tomoe has been all tsundere!

YEEEES you're totally right!
I need to say that the NanamixJiro shipping got me.
But TomoexNanami will always be my OTP haha
(good for me, because they seem like the main couple. I don't have to suffer)
This episode was great. I love everything that happened xD
Jealous Tomoe, drunk Nanami, Jiro's confession and Jiro/Nanami in the sakura tree was priceless
Plus the ending was really cute. CONFESS TOMOE, SAY THAT YOU FREAKING LOVE HER!
DeskachanMar 21, 2015 9:49 AM
Mar 21, 2015 11:53 PM

May 2010
I loved that confession moment. LMAO he's like I love you. Nanami blushes. The beast vomits. Nanami is all excited, saying it is shining. Kurama is all disgusted. So much awesomeness.

Smooth move by Jiro, making her sit next to him. This pairing is a lot better than Tomoe x Nanami, srsly. I somehow like all of them better with Nanami than Tomoe (mainly Jiro and Kirihito) he's so tsundere that it's annoying. I mean, sure he has a past and foxes live long and blahblahblah but please be honest already. She loves you yet you are are all melancholic.

Drunk Nanami tho lol. I wish we get to see the tengu mountain again, I will miss the characters there.

violity said:
Tch. Jiro fell in love with Nanami? The fudge is that?!!! I can't accept it! You fall for a person regardless of how long you've been together, or not even stressing why did you fall for the person. There's no such thing as love at first sight. Ugh. Jiro is just confused. He hasn't saw much women in his entire life, he moves too fast. I hate him.

I am not big on love at first sigh either but really, Jiro fell for Nanami. Part of it might be because of the fact that the tengu don't get to see women so he might be attracted to her at first (which makes me think... how do they even reproduce if tengu village has no village...?) Not only that, she cleared up his heart and I think that's enough of a reason to fall for someone. Love changes you and Jiro has changed thanks to her. It is love, accept it or not.

I fail to get the point that he moves too fast. He just had his first love I mean... Or you meant he falls in love way too quickly? If that's the case, then I already explained everything.

violity said:

I'm Tomoe all the way.. He seems much more stronger and dependable than Jiro, someone Nanami can rely to since they've been together for a long time.

I like how matured Tomoe is, given that Jiro already confesses to Nanami. He's calm and don't let things get to him easily. The fact that how he actually feels shows on his actions is so adorable ♥ Ahh, Tomoe!

Lol I get that you are a big Tomoe fangirl. He wasn't all that mature about it. Maybe you have read too many shojo manga with wall-pinning and fist-slamming but yeah, he was all like, "She should go for him. He can make her happy cuz he had the guts to confess and is all reliable." and all pessimistic when he knows she loves her. It was a fine reaction but mature wouldn't be the right word.

And really, being stronger =/= being a better choice. Really. By that logic, all of the girl should go for karate guys and wrestlers. Personality is the thing, and most important of them is the heart, of-course. Not saying that Tomoe isn't nice. Just making a point.

No offense of-course.
TragicRomanceMar 22, 2015 12:06 AM
Mar 22, 2015 9:04 AM

Mar 2015
Something that bothers me is that they didnt go through the story with Akura-ou/Kihirito .. Maybe it will be in season 3?
Mar 23, 2015 2:29 PM
Mar 2012
jbeat said:
True that.

Onodera-chan said:
I wonder how powerful Tomoe really is when at his prime, considering that he easily beat a thundergod beast while even a hard-trained tengu wont even face head on
Well, to be fair Jirou didn't seem much afraid of the beast and we don't actually know what had happened if he had faced it head on - because he didn't. Jirou dived in to save Nanami at the last minute while Tomoe sneaked in and attacked from the back/side. It may be true that Tomoe is quite powerful but that's an unfair comparison here.

Anyway, I feel sorry for Shinjirou Kurama, he doesn't get the appreciation he'd deserve. He faced his childhood trauma with just a short hesitation, he organized the tengu mountain without any prior experience and having been away for years, he walks away from the chance to be the next head of the clan and he sees through Nanami and Tomoe easily and even has some wise words to spare for Tomoe - whom he doesn't even like very much.
Shinjirou FTW <3
Mar 25, 2015 11:20 PM
Jun 2013
Even at the end I didn't care too much for Jirou. He was too much of an A-hole and didn't really do too much to redeem himself in my eyes.

Nice episode. I'm ready to see Tomoe and Nanami take their relationship to the next level now. That would be great!
Mar 28, 2015 10:46 AM

Dec 2008
I'm adding Jirou to list of characters that I like very much :).

About this episode, when a man says to woman to stay and not interfere, she should stay and not interfere.
Namu12Mar 28, 2015 10:55 AM
Apr 9, 2015 5:29 PM

May 2012
Very lovely episode, especially that ending again =3 such a sweet atmosphere so suiting :3
Jul 10, 2015 8:45 AM

Apr 2014
violity said:

And this part, aaahhhhh! Tomoe♥ WHAT ARE YOU BEING TONGUE-TIED FOR?!! IF YOU LIKE HER, JUST SAY IT KONO BAKA! *punches Tomoe*

Yup. I hated Jirou too. He was an asshole beating up kids and banning them. He didn't deserve Nanami's tears xD.
Aug 16, 2015 12:31 PM

Feb 2015
Tomoe confessed his love! *screams* Even though Nanami was too drunk and asleep but at least he's confronting his feeling for a while now.
Aug 22, 2015 2:36 AM

Jun 2012
That was quite nice. Jirou, I feel sorry for ya man!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Nov 21, 2015 5:58 AM
Jul 2018
Jirou > Tomoe
Dec 27, 2015 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
Tomoe's personality seems to have reverted a little. After that kiss the end of the first season. If not for the ending.
Jan 14, 2016 1:46 PM
Nov 2014
Jirou turns out to be a solid character, I will miss him. But my man is still Tomoe.
May 15, 2016 10:46 PM

Jun 2013
I squealed so hard when Tomoe said "I, too... love you,"

He's so cute when he's jealous. TOMOE, JUST CONFESS TO NANAMI ALREADY.

Jirou is such a romantic guy. That moment in the cherry blossom tree was so sweet.
May 30, 2016 10:14 PM

May 2013
TicklingThoughts said:

Jirou is such a romantic guy. That moment in the cherry blossom tree was so sweet.

I was going to say the same thing! He's so romantic aaahhhhhh~~~ :')

He confessed to Nanami so quickly too. Ahem. Tomoe. X)
May 31, 2016 7:20 PM

Jun 2013
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
TicklingThoughts said:

I was going to say the same thing! He's so romantic aaahhhhhh~~~ :')

He confessed to Nanami so quickly too. Ahem. Tomoe. X)

I know right? So adorableeee. :')
Mar 1, 2018 7:06 AM

Sep 2017
Nice ep.
Jiro-san is more better this episode and we see some nice character development.

Also, drunk Nanami for the win!
BTW, that moment between Nanami and Jiro was well animated, amongst the sakura tree. The ending, where Tomoe and Nanami confess their feelings was something. Also, Nanami becomes a little deity next ep? Looking forward to it!!

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2015

119 by masanime06 »»
Mar 28, 11:12 AM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

117 by mylovetokoyami »»
Feb 22, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2015

62 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 2, 2023 10:25 AM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2015

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 2, 2023 8:25 AM

Poll: » Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2015

35 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 2, 2023 7:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.