Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 12, 2015 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a relaxing episode with some late night hanging out between certain friends. Interesting to see somewhat of a more relaxed Hiraoka as well. Lol, he should cut a bit down on his drinking that night

The series did have some work emphasis though on the graphic designs again.

Not bad, I liked the atmospheric nature of this episode. Also a nice way to describe Animators and Storyboards.
Stark700Mar 12, 2015 8:57 AM
Mar 12, 2015 9:03 AM

Jan 2012
Ema sure is growing splendidly. It must feel so wonderful to be able to tell your mother you can live doing the thing you love. Kunogi seems to be growing too, those poses everyone made in her meeting were great. Poor Zuka remains stagnant though, we only have 2 more episodes left to see if she'll really get passed by completely...
Mar 12, 2015 9:07 AM

Jul 2010
Ema getting recommended to help supervise the animation, the lookout by the more senior staffs is pretty amazing.

Enjoying how much trouble Hiraoka is causing, such as with Segawa. Seeing more glimpses of his past, it would've worked quite well in the environment he is now in instead of the highly unmotivated and toxic treatment he got back in the days. Seeing Tarao and his being all buddy-buddy!

The theme of seeing things from a new perspective and to try new things shown by so many characters this episode was quite amazing.

The tense atmosphere with Ai by herself.

I feel bad for enjoying seeing Katsuragi in the wind like that. The storyboards to be cancelled... I can't wait for Shizuka to finally shine though.
Mar 12, 2015 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
Just fantastic.
I love this anime, characters, op, ed (!), drawing style, story, basically everything.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 12, 2015 9:42 AM

Jun 2012
Funny Story!!!!!!!!!!!!! strikes again
This show really needs to stop bullying Zuka-chan ;_;

HybridMBLMar 12, 2015 9:51 AM
Mar 12, 2015 10:21 AM
Mar 2013
I'm sure I will be saying "Thank you!" to the editor Chazawa.

Seeing the current situation, it seems Shizuka hasn't gotten a role as a voice actor at all and the entire recording of Sanjo is now completed. But, the producer got a phone call from him saying they must redo it because the original manga author was mad at the last episode...

Another Chazawa magic! I'm positive that he forgot to give the story boards of the last episode to the author. And I have a feeling that they have to introduce a new character into the last episode.
htsujiMar 12, 2015 11:29 AM
Mar 12, 2015 11:43 AM
May 2014
At this rate Shizuka won't get a role by the end of the series. Poor Shizuka. ;_;

I like how jealous Kunogi got. She also spoke!
Mar 12, 2015 11:47 AM

Oct 2009
I'm starting to feel sorry for Zuka-chan :(
Mar 12, 2015 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
Ema is doing very well to help the staffs with the animation.
Mar 12, 2015 12:28 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ema-chi ftw
She's gradually getting better at her work and being more confident.

That Kanagi xD
Lurking in the shadows, taking notes, and then going alone to the meeting. The meeting was one awkward, pure silence. Then, bam!!! She speaks her first sentence, "IS THIS UNDERWEAR?".

Best scene was sleeping Zuka scene. I was hoping she would have a better role this season but it looks like she gradually went downhill after her last failed audition.

Taoru calling Yano-chan a kid xD
She may be small, petite, but she's darn spicy. Her smile alone can take down even the mightiest of foes.

Mar 12, 2015 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
The cliffhanger doesn't suggest much good but we will see how it turns out.
Maybe this will be Shizuka's chance the shine,

Speaking of which what was up with the program she was watching?
Do people really act that way on Japanese TV?
I mean it was so obvious she was pretending to appear cute that it wasn't very convincing, if people act like that here on TV they would probably piss people off.

Tarou being drunk was funny to watch and certainly made my day.
Mar 12, 2015 12:37 PM

Oct 2012
kshin172 said:

"Is this underwear?"

http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/mikiy666-tenco/imgs/3/8/3827f20e.gif

Director: "Yes! This is underwear!"
Yamada: "It's Noa's underwear!"
Madoka: "And it's white!"
okanaganMar 12, 2015 12:45 PM
Mar 12, 2015 12:45 PM

Jul 2014
This episode was beautiful. I loved the fact they still showed more of Hiraoka's past. He's my favorite male character in this show.

Emachi growing slowly but steadily. Poor Zuka being Zuka. Not enough Miyamori facial expressions.

Great episode 5/5
OkashiMar 12, 2015 2:09 PM
Mar 12, 2015 12:55 PM

Aug 2013
Just when I began to like sympathize for Hiraoka after seeing how his past experience led to him being so broken up and learning of his dream, the show is almost over. :/

I hope he will have a chance to redeem himself in the next two episodes and really hope that there will be a second season for this series.
Mar 12, 2015 1:20 PM

Oct 2012
Aversa said:
Speaking of which what was up with the program she was watching? Do
people really act that way on Japanese TV? I mean it was so obvious she
was pretending to appear cute that it wasn't very convincing, if people
act like that here on TV they would probably piss people off.

For me, that scene did not quite capture the way that anime voice actresses look
when they make TV appearances. Here's a real-world example of a short netcast
of two of the voice actresses from "Denki-gai no Honya-san". Sorry, but these
things never get subbed. Even so, you don't need to see the subtitles to perceive
their genuine cuteness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5sjuMj0v0U
okanaganMar 12, 2015 1:24 PM
Mar 12, 2015 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
I'm going to be upset if nothing good happens for Zuka in these last two episodes. She really just dropped out of the picture after the seiyuu auditions for Aerial... I still wish she'd gotten the role; thought she nailed the audition.

also, I can't help but think it's about time for everyone to tell the mangaka to stfu...
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Mar 12, 2015 1:31 PM

Nov 2009
Funny story, that editor is NOT funny at all. I thought no one could get even worse than Maeno (GSNK).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2015 1:36 PM

Oct 2011
if things keep this way, Zuka-chan will commit suicide before the ends of the show XD

lol... enjoyable episode... we were able to see a little more about Hiraoka past...
and Kunogi finally spoke o/ (I was looking forward for this )
Mar 12, 2015 1:39 PM

Aug 2010
I guess Hiraoka's had it rough as hell during his first years. I'm actually surprised he kept up with this job after that. Seeing his personality u'd think he'd have quit. Dat bromance between him and Tarou though XD

Ai being jelly was so lol and creepy XD...She's quite the Ema stalker :P Dat development DOE!!! Her first words were "Are these underwear" XDXDXD The reactions were so priceless ROFL

And GODDAMMIT this mangaka is just too friggin annoying. WTH is this shit! After they finished the full thing, he just goes out and rejects the whole thing? Henna Hanashi needs to die 4real! <_<

Poor Zuka-chan though :(
Mar 12, 2015 1:41 PM

Mar 2009
Poor Zuka...

Also, yay Kunogi. She showed up all on her own!
Mar 12, 2015 1:48 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
It really was a smart move on Aoi's part to partner up Hiraoka with Tarou. Tarou really got Hiraoka to open up, and by the end of the night, we get to hear what Hiraoka had to deal with in the past and what his dream was. Definitely really high reaching :) It really is a shame that he had pretty much the worst experience ever with his first(?) animation studio and the people he had to deal with. I can see why he became this apathetic about the drawings, but he shouldn't have overgeneralized and thought that all animators have this same attitude about just getting work done. I agree that if he worked at Musani first, he would probably still be like how used to be. Hiraoka had terrible luck at the beginning, but that still doesn't excuse his poor attitude at work more than half of the time. Anyways, it seems like Tarou has kind of touched (not really but something along those lines) Hiraoka, telling him not to quit after this, etc.

It was also interesting to hear about the animators complain about production :)

Misa asking Ema for advice was a nice addition, learning about in-betweens and how to pace/emphasize certain parts to make the animation look better. Ema just keeps growing and getting better. I'm glad she's taking on the job of animation supervisor for the last episode. Regarding the last episode...ooooh dear. That dramatic typhoon wind definitely gives a glimpse of the mess they're going to be in.

Funniest part in this episode though has to be Kunogi's "IS THIS UNDERWEAR?" scene. Did not expect it to be so dramatic/exaggerated XD Watched that part lik3 3 times, can't get enough of it. Let's hope she learns to talk normally from now on.
Mar 12, 2015 2:06 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I guess we can feel a bit sympathetic towards Hiraoka now, seeing that he had quite a tough time dealing with his past job.
Tarou is surprisingly good at getting along with him! I didn't think Hiraoka would be willing to hang out with the guy, let alone tell him his story.

Feel bad for Shizuka. She really deserves a definitely position as a seiyuu. Hopefully, we'll see her get the opportunity soon.

Ai's dark aura while watching Misa and Ema talking though.. She's a cute stalker. :3

"Kore wa shitagi desu ka?" scene was hilarious! Easily the best part! XD

Decent episode. This "sudden rejection" issue is getting repetitive. Does this type of thing happen in anime industry often? I don't really think so.

Mar 12, 2015 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode. Ema is supervisor now, which is really great. I bet she can do it. And I really enjoyed the scene where Tarou and Hiraoka drank and talked together. It was really funny and whe got to know the reason why Hiraoka has changed. Kunogi managed to show up own her own and I had to laugh about the Noa's underwear scene ^^

Mar 12, 2015 2:22 PM

Jan 2015
Ema is a supervisor now huh. Great episode.

Ah damnit can't wait for next week.
Mar 12, 2015 2:55 PM

Jul 2013

Holy hell, that was the greatest Shirobako ep yet! Just great! Only flaw I could point out in this ep is the abundance of Zuka suffering.
HachiKirraMar 12, 2015 3:21 PM
Mar 12, 2015 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
This episode was absolutely fantastic! I can't believe how much the characters have grown, particularly Ema. As an artist myself, this show and the words they give about creativity within art/animation give me a lot of motivation myself to try harder and achieve things. Also, Aoi being a hardworker she is, has inspired me to be like that myself (though not to the point of collapsing in exhaustion) but it broke my procrastination habits completely! Also the fact that asking for help from others is not a bad thing.

Anyways, in this episode, I was waiting for a miracle for Shizuka. I felt so sad for her when she didn't get a part in the new anime series, Aerial. I wish she would finally get the role she deserves! Maybe in the last episode, she will finally and it will cut from there. I just hope they have second season or maybe a movie that features all the girls working in the anime they dream of if it doesn't conclude by the last episode.

All and all, I love Ema, Shizuka, and Aoi the most. They really work SO hard and take risks for their jobs. The other I also like but those three have a major impact on me. Also I am STILL not particularly fond of Kunogi; she just irked me I guess but I'm still happy she finally spoke??
Mar 12, 2015 3:29 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode! It was nice to see more past of Hiraoka, he didn't have luck in his old job. I hope he will be happy, only two episode remaining (same for Zuka !).

The scene with the underwear was epic xD
Mar 12, 2015 4:07 PM
Apr 2014
1/10 if zuka does not get a part by the end.
Mar 12, 2015 5:34 PM

Jul 2014
Damn it's gonna be funny if Zuka fails to be part of the show by the final episode. This suffering shtick she has been wearing thin. But hey, I guess not everyone reaches their dreams IRL, right? Hiraoka finally gave some more detail regarding his experience when he first worked with anime, which is always good since he is one of the more interesting people this show has to offer.

Let's not forget that once again we are left with a cliffhanger.

Is it me or there's been a problem with this show ever since it has hit the second half? There are literally some episodes that bog the pacing down to the point it's akin to watching paint dry. A lot of shows this season have had this issue.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Mar 12, 2015 6:33 PM

Oct 2012
Wow Ai used words this time
Mar 12, 2015 6:41 PM

Jan 2011
Is this real life that one high schooler made it big?! at this rate i feel Zuka might just give up near the end she looks so depressed now.

still overall really good episode shame we are yet again hit with nightmare which is "Rejected"
Mar 12, 2015 6:53 PM
Sep 2013
kinda repetitive, but that's what will happen if the communication doesnt run smoothly between studio and the original author. they didnt even meet the author for once.

Funny story, yo strikes again.

so that studio amin was the place where hiraoka being 'destroyed'

sadly, there will be only 2 episodes left D:
Mar 12, 2015 7:01 PM

Jul 2007
I sadly caught up with this masterpiece. This is honestly way too good I'm amazed. The animation is GODLIKE. They people behind this worked so freaking hard and payed close attention to details and you can see it in every single episode. I don't think that I found a single scene in the anime so far that they missed animating properly. Every time a character moves, so does their clothes, their hair and what ever they might carry at that moment. Characters actually blink in a VERY natural way. I'm quite sure that a lot of people might even missed that. All the seiyuus might be young without many roles but DAMN they did a good job. The OST is also amazing. All that being not enough they don't overreact anywhere. The show is very realistic and educational so far. I mean who didn't want to know more about how anime are being made (and with all that detail) while watching an entertaining anime nonetheless. Also I have to say I'm amazed at how they protagonists are all young women and yet they are not sexualized at all and are treated normally without retarded postures or fan service from episode one. All in all I can't think of a single minus point for Shirobako so far. Really great job from P.A.
Mar 12, 2015 7:06 PM

Jul 2010
KORE WAAA SHITAGI DESUUU KA?!! - damn this scene sure made me laugh.
They have to redo last episode huh...and they were so happy too, sigh.Zuka should get her role already, she's so poor.I'm guessing we will get S2 tho, because they didn't even achieve their dream and Zuka didn't actually even start her seiyuu ''carrier''.
Anyway, 2 episodes left -sadface-
Mar 12, 2015 7:32 PM

Jun 2013
okanagan said:
kshin172 said:

"Is this underwear?"

http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/mikiy666-tenco/imgs/3/8/3827f20e.gif

Director: "Yes! This is underwear!"
Yamada: "It's Noa's underwear!"
Madoka: "And it's white!"

Have the most timid girl draw the one panties shot in the anime just to make her snap. Brilliant. Simply brilliant.
Mar 12, 2015 8:14 PM

May 2013
Midori really hit the lucky jackpot.

Nick. Why.

Drink and eat away your sorrows. Poor Tarou.

I just want Shizuka to be happy already;;

Everyone's so cute when they're drunk.

Woah, cool animation. LOL Kunogi.

That meeting. Best ever.

Yayyyyyy congratz everyone~!

Aw f*ck.
Mar 12, 2015 8:34 PM

Jul 2013
Whoa Misa-chan, how can you not know a basic animation principle? can't believe she's been leaving it to the software to do the in-between. Then again she may have never studied animation properly before and jumped to 3D right away.

So much happened in this episode. My heart breaks for Zuka T_T and that last scene.. ugh.. those people at Yotaka are the worst. So little communication on their part yet when things go wrong they blame it all on Musani.

KUNOGI FINALLY TALKS!!! That underwear scene was just too hilarious XD and she got jealous of Ema and Misa lol..
Mar 12, 2015 9:19 PM
Jun 2012
Aversa said:

Speaking of which what was up with the program she was watching?
Do people really act that way on Japanese TV?
I mean it was so obvious she was pretending to appear cute that it wasn't very convincing, if people act like that here on TV they would probably piss people off.

Yes, this show exaggerates many thing, but that bit is just how it is. That sort of pseudo idoru thing works like fiction, people will believe it with willing suspension of disbelief.

Also, Sakaki seems to be depressed and drink too much. I hope they end it like that, but it might be a bit too realistic for the show.
Mar 12, 2015 11:31 PM

Apr 2011
naki12 said:
Barion-Zara said:
Dat bromance between him and Tarou though XD
YES! TarouxDaisuke is OTP! Tarou's idiocy is so lovable when he used it to save Hiraoka T^T

Only Tarou can save him. Go Tarou!
Mar 13, 2015 12:18 AM

Nov 2011
Another great ep, let's hope we see Hiroaka's enthusiastic side at some point before the end. That is this an underwear!?' scene murdered me.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 13, 2015 3:17 AM
Mar 2013
Just my random speculation but...
Nogame, the author of the original manga got angry because them made up Catherine's long monologue about the calves she took care of. I'm sure he had his own hidden plot about her home town and family. What it would be like if the storyline of the last episode of the anime independently went to the conclusion that cannot connect or even could be contradict with the following manga?
I think he'll insist to keep some matters about Catherine's background in the anime and suggest that they should introduce a girl who has something to do with her. And now, do you remember whom the director once asked to try acting as Catherine instead of Noa? If you need a girl's voice that can be familiar with Catherine, then she should be...
htsujiMar 30, 2015 8:51 PM
Mar 13, 2015 3:32 AM

Jan 2013
Is this underwear? Funniest line ever.

I was expecting something like that for Hiraoka, and now more trouble near the end.
Mar 13, 2015 5:28 AM

Jan 2013
Loved the scene when Kunogi showed up by herself and spoke her first sentence XD.
Also got to know more about Hiraoka's past, which made me begin to feel more sympathy for him.
Overall this was one of the best episode so far.
Mar 13, 2015 6:10 AM

Feb 2014
Being Zuka-Chan is suffering. I hope she gets the breakthrough that she's overdue before the final episode.

Hiraoka's past in the Anime industry looked bleak. It sucks having to deal with animators who only care about meeting deadlines and not showing a lot of care with their drawings & key frames. I can't blame Hiraoka for acting like the way he is because of the crappy people he had to work him in the past, but to judge everyone in the industry being a-holes like that is not right.

Tarou should be able to prove that he can be useful, for once, and convince Hiraoka that there are nice guys in the Anime industry who put 100% into their respective jobs and also meet deadlines without taking dodgy shortcuts.

I wouldn't expect Kunogi's first sentence she would properly say would be "Is this underwear?!". The whole scene was brilliant! XD

And not only that, she seems jealous of anyone who gets pretty close to HER Ema-Chan. That evil aura around Kunogi is cute & scary, lol

Overall, this episode is pretty much "The calm before the storm" scenario. When it looked like everything was wrapped up with the last episode, the Mangaka's timing couldn't be worse and orders Musashino to redo the entire storyboard, which would properly have a domino effect on the key frames, dubbing and other areas being effected.

And that irritates me. Busy or not, the Mangaka has never put much effort with helping Musashino with anything apart from approving Yumi and her character designs. It's about time the Mangaka showed himself in person and work with Musashino in getting the storyboard for EP13 corrected in time before it's too late.
Mar 13, 2015 6:19 AM

Sep 2014
Ema and Aoi are both doing great, while Misa and Midori are almost there. Shizuka on the other hand, hmm, I want to see her smile and have fun with the others. I want to see the ED's final scene on the next episode, I want all of GO GO DONUTS to feel like they belong in the world of anime.

I finally feel slightly better towards Hiraoka, I bet he was traumatized from all that had happened to him in the past.

I can't wait to see how the team handles an entire episode retake.
Mar 13, 2015 7:04 AM

Oct 2011
Cried for Hiroaka T__T Tarou x Hiroaka bromance.

Ema-senpai has grown so much

ZUKA T_______T AHHHH EHHHH. I want to see you on TV not that girl T__T

Rejected : O So FUNNY STORY STRIKES AGAIN !!!!

Zuka has a chance?????
Mar 13, 2015 7:05 AM
Mar 2014
I think Zuka will be offered a role in the last five minutes of the series so as to leave it open for a sequel. The lack of focus on her is a little disappointing, but I guess there's not much to show.
Mar 13, 2015 8:10 AM
Mar 2013
naki12 said:
And considering how busy the author is why would he want to add an anime-original character?
I guess the manga author had a plan beforehand. Not the anime original.
As for his insisting them to retake the all parts of the last episode, he was just furious temporarily. When I watched the episode 20 where Musani people had a discussion about how to get Aria to return to the sky, I felt it could be a risk factor that would make the author done-nut because the episode seemed to advance a bit too far inside of the characters backgrounds, which perhaps weren't relieved on the original manga yet. Seeing that Chazawa's irresponsible attitude, they should have a discussion with the author in person how to conclude the anime.
Currently, he is insisting they must rewrite all of the last episode emotionally but I guess he doesn't have an idea how it should be made either. (After all, he himself hasn't decided his plan completely.)
So the director, the scenario writer and the producer of Musani will be able to have a talk with him to decide some acceptable conclusion by modifying the episode partly not entirely and possibly the manga could adopt it.

(This is one of my proofless idea, but Cathy's monologue part might be moved to the new girl's -- possibly her sister or friend, and Aria, having heard their conversation, would make her mind to get on the plane again... Just kidding.)
htsujiMar 13, 2015 8:52 AM
Mar 13, 2015 8:54 AM

Apr 2011
So no one noticed the "Shirobeko" during Diesel's scene with Ema?
Mar 13, 2015 9:20 AM
Mar 2013

So, he had more than 17 moments to see Yano's smile when he met her unexpectedly, though she expected it to begin with.
htsujiMar 30, 2015 8:44 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does Shirobako get any better?

terryacer - May 7, 2018

26 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

286 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 25, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2014

138 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 12, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2014

115 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 11, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shirobako Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2014

165 by MajedM1999 »»
Mar 6, 2:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.