Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2015 5:31 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
I know you're being sarcastic, I just felt like explaining myself. 15 Million for 3 years??? Is that a joke??

Odds are the Jets will get Mariota as of now. This implies if the Titans are all over Leonard Williams like they seem to be right now.

Good to know!! Titans will definitely take Williams but I doubt Mariotta falls to the Jets. He's going to light up his pro day. I feel like some team will trade up before the Jets to grab him (perhaps with Jacksonville or the Raiders).
Mar 3, 2015 5:37 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:
I know you're being sarcastic, I just felt like explaining myself. 15 Million for 3 years??? Is that a joke??

Odds are the Jets will get Mariota as of now. This implies if the Titans are all over Leonard Williams like they seem to be right now.

Good to know!! Titans will definitely take Williams but I doubt Mariotta falls to the Jets. He's going to light up his pro day. I feel like some team will trade up before the Jets to grab him (perhaps with Jacksonville or the Raiders).

I can see the Jags trading down in all honesty. Question is, with who? Buffalo would need to sacrifice their entire draft I feel lol. And it sort of would be a win win for both teams.

Raiders with Texans is another possibility I have in mind.

I'd be scared if you're a QB and drafted by the Jets in all honesty though. The New York media seems to get the best out of Sanchez, Tebow, and Smith and turns them from achievers to scrubs.
Mar 3, 2015 5:51 PM

Sep 2014
Go Pats
Mar 3, 2015 8:49 PM
Feb 2014
http://theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/48265/Report--Many-former-coaches-doubt-Bears-can-win-with-Cutler/Default.aspx

This is very interesting. Considering I've always considered Cutler to be the whole root of Chicago's problems, it does not surprise me that a ton of former staff think this way. We can all at least agree Cutler doesn't deserve a single dime on that extension past say, 60 Million or so. 2015 is the make or break year for him. Otherwise the Bears need to get a new QB once and for all.

I've never seen such a selfish QB though. Why are Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and the like all hated for leading their teams? If anything, people should be hating on an egotistical "me first" QB who thinks he runs the entire team.
AqutanMar 3, 2015 8:53 PM
Mar 3, 2015 9:26 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Chip Kelly trading all the way up to get Mariota. I'm calling it now.
Mar 3, 2015 9:28 PM
Feb 2014
KingYoshi said:

Maybe if they can somehow unload Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks, Zach Ertz, and Nick Foles to the Jets they might, might be in luck.
Mar 3, 2015 9:33 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
TheRealNico said:
KingYoshi said:

Maybe if they can somehow unload Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks, Zach Ertz, and Nick Foles to the Jets they might, might be in luck.

Nah, they could make it much easier than that by making it a 3-way trade. Eagles trade their pick with someone in the 9th-13th range. Eagles trade that pick to the team in position to draft Mariota (Skins/Jets)
Mar 3, 2015 9:38 PM
Feb 2014
KingYoshi said:
TheRealNico said:

Nah, they could make it much easier than that by making it a 3-way trade. Eagles trade their pick with someone in the 9th-13th range. Eagles trade that pick to the team in position to draft Mariota (Skins/Jets)

How would an Eagles-Vikings-Redskins trade work out? Could see something like that with those teams since I think the Vikes are a team that could trade down.
Mar 3, 2015 10:08 PM
Sep 2014
49ers sign Australian Rugby Superstar, we're going to the Super Bowll boys!!!!!!

. . . . . . . . said no one ever -_-
Mar 4, 2015 6:18 AM

Apr 2013
The Philadelphia Ducks are going to the Bowl. Book it.

In reality, if Alonso has recovered fully from his ACL tear and returns to his rookie year form, Kelly got a solid trade (not even taking into account the added cap space). However, there is no guarantee of that. Now I'm a little disappointed that I cut Sproles in my auction dynasty league although Polk will get more run. But they'll probably draft a RB as this draft is loaded with them and anyone could be successful behind their o-line when it's healthy.
dankzelMar 4, 2015 6:27 AM
Mar 4, 2015 1:35 PM

Nov 2010
If there is a Mariota trade it'll be a similar package to RG3 trade.
Mar 4, 2015 1:43 PM

Apr 2013
Would it be too much to dream as a Browns fan for the Browns to sign Suh, grab Kevin White by a slight trade up (I think DeVante Parker is very solid as well), and then grab a RT with our second first rounder (allegedly Flowers)? If that happened, I wouldn't care what the QB situation was. Hell, I'd even take Hundley in the 3rd or 2nd if the above situation happened (ideally wait till next year to grab a QB).

Of course, we'll probably get in a bidding war with Philly for Mariotta and trade the farm. Then lose a 2nd for Farmer not being to stay off his iPhone during a game.
Mar 4, 2015 2:03 PM

May 2014
Hehehe the Philadelphia Ducks! Wooo-hooo!
Mar 4, 2015 2:33 PM

Apr 2013
Bostonblows said:

Only problem with that assertion is that Dan Synder isn't looking for a QB (at least I don't think so...) and no one is as stupid as Dan Synder.
Mar 4, 2015 3:03 PM

Nov 2010
deanzel said:
Bostonblows said:

Only problem with that assertion is that Dan Synder isn't looking for a QB (at least I don't think so...) and no one is as stupid as Dan Synder.

Nah I mean for Philly to move into top 5. IDK, remember the Sammy Watkins trade last year and the Julio Jones trade a few years back? The precedent has pretty much been set.
Mar 4, 2015 3:09 PM

Apr 2013
Bostonblows said:
deanzel said:

Nah I mean for Philly to move into top 5. IDK, remember the Sammy Watkins trade last year and the Julio Jones trade a few years back? The precedent has pretty much been set.

Yes. I know what you meant. I'm just saying that there is no GM/owner as stupid as Dan Snyder who would pay 3 first rounders and a second round pick for RG3 let alone Mariotta. So as Dan Synder is the only person in the NFL that would make a RG3-esque trade proposal, there will not be a RG3-like package for Mariotta (unless Dan Synder wants to trade up for another QB).

And unfortunately, I know all too well about the Watkins and Julio Jones trades being a life-long Browns fan. I essentially think of every extra first round pick that the Browns acquire in a trade as a negative asset. With those extra first rounders we gained, we drafted Trent Richardson (used the extra assets to trade up for him), Brandon Weeden, Phil Taylor, Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel.
dankzelMar 4, 2015 3:31 PM
Mar 4, 2015 3:12 PM

Nov 2010
deanzel said:
Bostonblows said:

Yes. I know what you meant. I'm just saying that there is no GM/owner stupid enough as Dan Snyder who would pay 3 first rounders and a second round pick for Mariotta. So vis-à-vis, there will not be a RG3-like package.

And unfortunately, I know all too well about the Watkins and Julio Jones trades being a life-long Browns fan. I essentially think of every extra first round pick that the Browns acquire in a trade as a negative asset. With those extra first rounders we gained, we drafted Trent Richardson (used the extra assets to trade up for him), Brandon Weeden, Phil Taylor, Justin Gilbert and Johnny Manziel.

Lol if Chip can convince the rest of the front office I can almost guarantee you it'll be a package like that. Lol you can't give up on Gilbert yet, even if they passed on Odell Beckham to take him. Most of those others were pretty bad even at the time that they happened.
Mar 4, 2015 3:14 PM

Feb 2013
I think it's pretty clear what Snyder's position on his QB is.

We're doomed....doomed I tell ya!

Mar 4, 2015 3:37 PM
Feb 2014
Maybe the Redskins will draft Mariota? They could trade RG3 to Houston beforehand and pull the trigger if that's a possibility. I don't like Kirk Cousins' chances either.
Mar 4, 2015 3:49 PM

Feb 2013
Ideally (I'm using that term loosely) they will use him as trade bait. And that's provided that he falls to the 5th. QB is an area that unfortunately anyone but Dan Snyder don't have much say in. Even after Gruden said in an interview that the job would be earned, Snyder (as many of us were expecting) just gave RGIII the nod.

Landon Collins would be a worthwhile pick though. If we could sign a safety who not only idolized Sean Taylor, but can actually hit like the man, that would be a step in the right direction.
Mar 4, 2015 4:28 PM
Feb 2014
Well Mariota isn't going 1-4 as of now. Bucs are hell-bent on Winston, Titans are hell-bent on Williams, the Jags and Raiders don't need a QB, and I don't know who would make sense to trade up and snag Mariota at this point. I'm under the impression the Redskins will go OL or DE/OLB at this point (Scherff, Fowler Jr., Beasley). so until Mariota lights up his pro day then things might change, but if you said it yourself that Snyder is set on RG3 this year, I don't know what to expect other than he really does need to stay healthy/repeat 2012 or else it's another 3-5 win season.
Mar 4, 2015 5:11 PM

Apr 2013
https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/573267385760796674

Dolphins beat writer says that word on the street is that Suh to Miami is almost a done deal. Some leaks:

Teams can officially begin making formal offers to free agents on Saturday, and it is believed that the Dolphins will offer Suh a six-year deal that pays the 28-year-old more than $100 million, and features more than half of the contract — or at least $51 million — being fully guaranteed.

A potential AFC Beast with Suh, Jordan, Wake. RIP Brady.
Mar 4, 2015 5:37 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:

Dolphins beat writer says that word on the street is that Suh to Miami is almost a done deal. Some leaks:

Teams can officially begin making formal offers to free agents on Saturday, and it is believed that the Dolphins will offer Suh a six-year deal that pays the 28-year-old more than $100 million, and features more than half of the contract — or at least $51 million — being fully guaranteed.

Are you sure about this? I somehow don't believe this.
Mar 4, 2015 6:12 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:
deanzel said:

Absolutely not sure at all. It's just a Twitter rumor. Beat writers throwing shit against the wall trying to get anything to stick to hit a big story ala Chris Sheridan last summer with the LeBron back to Cleveland guarantee. But in the period before official signings are allowed, I'll scoop up any piece of news. I'd love for the Browns to somehow get in on the Suh contest.
Mar 4, 2015 6:15 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:

Absolutely not sure at all. It's just a Twitter rumor. Beat writers throwing shit against the wall trying to get anything to stick to hit a big story ala Chris Sheridan last summer with the LeBron back to Cleveland guarantee. But in the period before official signings are allowed, I'll scoop up any piece of news. I'd love for the Browns to somehow get in on the Suh contest.

Yeah because it doesn't look like it's being retweeted everywhere and I don't see any additional reports. All there is right now is speculation that the Dolphins are primed to make a run and that's it. The done deal from the beat reporter seems like smoke right now.
Mar 4, 2015 8:35 PM
Sep 2014
49ers might sign Darnell Dockett tommorow, i'm in favor
Mar 4, 2015 9:16 PM
Feb 2014
>Seahawks interested in Andre Johnson

YES PLS
Mar 4, 2015 9:55 PM

Apr 2013
BREAKING: The Philadelphia Eagles have released a new logo.

Mar 4, 2015 10:06 PM
Feb 2014
Seeing you live in Philly, how do the fans view the trade?
Mar 4, 2015 10:54 PM
Nov 2013
We have Jacoby Jones visiting tomorrow. Considering that he almost took one to house against us this year, and forced us to squib everything incredibly short, I certainly wouldn't mind having him on our side. I certainly hope they don't view him as a 3rd receiver though, because it will be a serious mistake if we don't resign Eddie Royal.
Mar 5, 2015 8:45 AM
Sep 2014
49ers sign Darnell Dockett, 2 year deal.

Like the move, fills Ray Macs spot
Mar 5, 2015 11:09 AM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:

Classic irrational Philly fans who think that they know what they're talking about. They were furious at first for trading Shady and going "who is this clown Kiko Alonso?" They only know the big names. Now, they think that it's the greatest trade of all-time. Worst fanbase (as a whole) that I've ever encountered. Bar none.

And don't even get me started on their incessant bitching about their "sports misery". Complete bull. The Phillies and Flyers recently won ships and the Eagles went to 5 straight NFC championship games and a Super Bowl (Sixers even won a ship in 1983). They're completely retarded.
Mar 5, 2015 11:14 AM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:

Classic irrational Philly fans who think that they know what they're talking about. They were furious at first for trading Shady and going "who is Kiko Alonso?" Now, they think that it's the greatest trade of all-time. Worst fanbase (as a whole) that I've ever encountered. Bar none.

And don't even get me started on their incessant bitching about their "sports misery". Complete bull.

I don't like them either. Hear all sorts of stories about booing and throwing snowballs at Santa Claus and cheering Michael Irvin while he's injured. Ha, kind of like 49ers fans, but in reverse. Darnell Dockett signing is already being treated like it's a Super Bowl winning acquisition but if that doesn't get them there they'll start calling him old and washed up. Reminds me of how they currently treat the Anquan Boldin acquisition the minute they acquired him they were saying it'd give them the Super Bowl.

Nice signing of Dockett for the 49ers btw, I wanted him on my team. And they got him for cheap, which means it's a higher reward from it. Guess we're being thoughtful with the money after all. I just hope we somehow use the most on Lynch and then the rest on a Wags extension. Extending Wilson next year might be the safer bet anyways.
Mar 5, 2015 3:00 PM
Feb 2014
MJD has retired. Sad to see him go.

This may be a green light for the Raiders to throw money at Murray.
Mar 5, 2015 3:17 PM

Apr 2013
TheRealNico said:

If by Murray, you mean Latavius Murray then yes. A high priced RB who just had 392 carries is the last thing that the Raiders need.
Mar 5, 2015 4:18 PM
Sep 2014
TheRealNico said:

Raiders should try and get Adrian Peterson via trade
Mar 5, 2015 5:14 PM
Feb 2014
deanzel said:
TheRealNico said:

If by Murray, you mean Latavius Murray then yes. A high priced RB who just had 392 carries is the last thing that the Raiders need.

Who's going to even pay (DeMarco) Murray is the question. He's probably looking to get a fat one and trust me, wherever he goes, he'll regress for sure. His stats, as I've argued in the past are based off his offensive line opening the easy holes for him. Put him elsewhere, he'll be worse depending on the O-Line situation.

Seahawks interested in both Cary and Tramon Williams. Would much rather have the latter even if he's looking for a multiyear, he could just be pulling a Cliff Avril/Michael Bennett with his turn-down. Maybe he'll sign cheap to win. Cary Williams is the last player I want on my team.

Edit: 49ers signed Jerome Simpson for a multiyear deal. WTF?????????
AqutanMar 5, 2015 5:19 PM
Mar 5, 2015 6:19 PM
Feb 2014
Looks like we're unlikely to get Cary Williams after all as he's set to visit the Jets and Titans now. This implies we didn't offer him a thing. Good going front office.
Mar 5, 2015 8:51 PM

Nov 2010
TheRealNico said:
deanzel said:

Classic irrational Philly fans who think that they know what they're talking about. They were furious at first for trading Shady and going "who is Kiko Alonso?" Now, they think that it's the greatest trade of all-time. Worst fanbase (as a whole) that I've ever encountered. Bar none.

And don't even get me started on their incessant bitching about their "sports misery". Complete bull.

I don't like them either. Hear all sorts of stories about booing and throwing snowballs at Santa Claus and cheering Michael Irvin while he's injured. Ha, kind of like 49ers fans, but in reverse. Darnell Dockett signing is already being treated like it's a Super Bowl winning acquisition but if that doesn't get them there they'll start calling him old and washed up. Reminds me of how they currently treat the Anquan Boldin acquisition the minute they acquired him they were saying it'd give them the Super Bowl.

Nice signing of Dockett for the 49ers btw, I wanted him on my team. And they got him for cheap, which means it's a higher reward from it. Guess we're being thoughtful with the money after all. I just hope we somehow use the most on Lynch and then the rest on a Wags extension. Extending Wilson next year might be the safer bet anyways.

They cheered when Victor Cruz got hurt too, IIRC there was even a radio host cheering about it on twitter. If they really don't even know who Kiko Alonso is they're obviously not even worth the time. I hope Chip Kelly runs that team into the ground.

Edit: Here you go http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2014/10/philadelphia_radio_host_mike_missanelli_rips_victor_cruz_in_tweet_after_injury_apologizes.html
Mar 6, 2015 12:32 AM
Nov 2013
It was reassuring to hear Brandon Flowers praise the Chargers on NFL Network. King Dunlap was priority #1, and we got that accomplished, so lets get priority #2 accomplished, and lock up Flowers for the next few years.
Mar 6, 2015 11:59 AM

Jun 2014
The Jets made a solid move trading for Marshall.
Mar 6, 2015 1:26 PM
Feb 2014
-Chance- said:

No it's not a solid move. The Bears won the trade because they know how to properly rebuild by getting their 5th Round pick. Marshall is in decline and is a locker room cancer, it's like they just got Percy Harvin for the 2nd time in 5 months. This only creates a further toxic environment if nothing goes well for the Jets, which always seems to be the case some way or another. Assuming they can't get Mariota and are stuck with Geno Smith (another locker room cancer) for one more year, how do you think Marshall's going to react when the team blows up? The Jets are a clown organization, and seem to think that making media headlines is more important than building a winning football team.

Jacoby Jones to the Chargers? Now that's a solid move.
Mar 6, 2015 2:20 PM
Nov 2013
TheRealNico said:
Jacoby Jones to the Chargers? Now that's a solid move.

Yeah, especially considering during our game against the Ravens this year, his first return was 70 yards, and the entire rest of the game, we squibbed it incredibly short, out of pure terror for that one man's return ability. They maybe had one possession all game that didn't at least start on the 40.
Mar 6, 2015 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
TheRealNico said:

No it's not a solid move. The Bears won the trade because they know how to properly rebuild by getting their 5th Round pick. Marshall is in decline and is a locker room cancer, it's like they just got Percy Harvin for the 2nd time in 5 months. This only creates a further toxic environment if nothing goes well for the Jets, which always seems to be the case some way or another. Assuming they can't get Mariota and are stuck with Geno Smith (another locker room cancer) for one more year, how do you think Marshall's going to react when the team blows up? The Jets are a clown organization, and seem to think that making media headlines is more important than building a winning football team.

I actually don't think it's a bad move. I wouldn't say I'm a Marshall fan, but I still believed he was the best WR on that roster. Jeffrey cannot get out of his breaks fast enough an it showed last season. As long as Geno is the QB, nothing is going to work. However, I believe getting Marshall is a good step. I still don't know what the fuck they were thinking with that Percy Harvin trade, because that's someone who I really believe is a cancer. I don't think he is a locker room cancer, I just think the Bears were a total clusterfuck starting from the head coach. Yeah, the Jets are too. But at least the Jets have a defense to build on. The Bears couldn't stop a peewee team last year.
Mar 6, 2015 2:32 PM

Jun 2013
Also, as a Cowboy fan:

Trent Cole and LeSean McCoy gone was like a dream come true. Yeah, yeah, I know Kiko is a beast, but he won't have the same impact LeSean did for at least the next few years. Shady was something of nightmares for Cowboys fans, especially with our porous run defense. It would be funny as fuck if Jerry ended up signing Trent Cole too. That guy terrorized us for a decade.
Mar 6, 2015 2:54 PM

Feb 2013
Skins look to be in the run for Justin Forsett. Probably to replace Helu. Makes sense as a 3D back, but there's no way they could be thinking of replacing a younger starter who's had 1000+ yards per season since he started with an older Back who just happened to have a good season last year.....right? I'm asking because this is Washington I'm talking about. Things get done here that should not get done.

Pretty sure it'd be to replace Helu. Morris is still under his rookie deal anyway.
NTADMar 6, 2015 2:58 PM
Mar 6, 2015 3:38 PM
Feb 2014
Well I'm glad that's over with. Come out on top, Shawn, we will need you more than anything.

#ImThankful
Mar 6, 2015 10:16 PM

May 2010
RIP Brandon Marshall's career.

He doesn't deserve this.
Mar 6, 2015 10:26 PM
Feb 2014
Webby-sama said:
RIP Brandon Marshall's career.

He doesn't deserve this.

He'll go to irrelevancy like all of the other "Big Name Jets." Anyone who thinks this is a good acquisition is kidding themselves if they look at all of the bombs they've dropped with the big names.

Jay Cutler sucks ass, but Geno Smith is asking for worse.
Mar 7, 2015 12:24 AM

Aug 2014
Savethebestforu said:
Also, as a Cowboy fan:

Trent Cole and LeSean McCoy gone was like a dream come true. Yeah, yeah, I know Kiko is a beast, but he won't have the same impact LeSean did for at least the next few years. Shady was something of nightmares for Cowboys fans, especially with our porous run defense. It would be funny as fuck if Jerry ended up signing Trent Cole too. That guy terrorized us for a decade.

Personally I think the McCoy trade was smart for the Eagles, just because it's becoming less and less effective to pay a RB $10-12 million or whatever his salary was. Now, it comes down to how they spend the cap space they gained, but McCoy started his decline this past year as well. Trent Cole I'm less sure about, but it's also not inconceivable that he's about to start a decline as well... seems like he's been around for a while. (And I say this as a Dallas fan as well) Cole would be a great addition to our no name D line, but only for the right price. We seem to be getting smarter with our money though, so we'll see.

-Chance- said:

The move in isolation is pretty good I think; I'd expect Brandon Marshall to outperform whoever they would take in the 5th round, but when you look at Geno Smith you see that it really just doesn't matter. Marshall #1 and Decker #2 aren't the worst receiver situation in the league, but it doesn't matter if your QB can't hit the broad side of a barn. It'll take a lot more than a trade like this to fix the abomination that has been the Jets the past few years.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (31) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.