Forum Settings
Forums

COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New
Feb 6, 2015 12:10 AM

Jul 2013
After a long self-imposed hiatus (which I forgot the reason why I made one in the first place, if there was one for that matter), I'm back and hella excited for the upcoming college football season!!!

GO SAN JOSE STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2ND BEST RECRUITING CLASS IN THE MWC!!!!! GOT TO FLIP A PAC-12 COMMIT TO BE A SAN JOSE STATE SPARTAN!!!!!COACH CARAGHER KNOWS HOW TO RECRUIT!!!!!Now, will this however translate to more wins and going to more bowl games? Maybe even dark horse for the CFB Playoff? Only time will tell....
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2015 11:22 AM

Jul 2013
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2015/2/11/8008017/ohio-state-florida-state-boise-state-football-recruiting-2015

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2015/2/5/7985377/college-football-recruiting-rankings-2015-most-improved-classes

Previous four-year Composite average: No. 107.75

2015 Composite ranking: No. 58

^^^Caragher and his staff sure knows how to recruit!!!! Stole recruits that once committed to Washington State, Nebraska, Oregon State, Boise St., Arizona St., Notre Dame, San Diego State, BYU, Wisconsin, Cal, Utah, Colorado,UCLA, Arizona, USC and alot of how SJSU landed those recruits was from the PHENOMENAL recruiting of Donte Williams. Hoepfully we keep him for another 5 years or so because he is a BOON for the Spartans, the San Jose State Spartans mind you. Best class in program history and #1 most improved G-5 class!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOO!!!! GO SPARTANS!!!!!!

Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

Feb 11, 2015 3:53 PM

Jan 2015
What's the recruits name and kinda doubt Williams will do it, MWC isn't really a place to go for kids looking to make it to the NFL except for like Boise State
Feb 11, 2015 4:01 PM
Feb 2014
I'm not really looking forward to this year. Washington's going to need at least 3 more years to eventually get good again since other teams like Washington State, Oregon State, and Cal are all getting good at the right time, and not getting good California recruits like in the past with Sark kind of hurts.

Could be a long year for my boys. I'm a senior at the university as well, so it'd be a pleasant surprise to watch them finally compete, but unfortunately, that's a pipe dream with the stacked Pac-12 and us not really improving.

That being said, hope a Southern California team dethrones Oregon.
Feb 11, 2015 4:28 PM

Apr 2013
I'm ready for the post-Mariota era
Feb 11, 2015 6:25 PM

Jan 2008
^_^

Feb 11, 2015 7:04 PM

May 2010
College football is probably my least favourite sport, Still, I remain sympathetic to Nick Saban & Alabama though I never call myself a fan.

Edit: Still hoping the Giants draft Amari Cooper or Landon Collins ;-;

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 12, 2015 1:30 AM

Jul 2013
branfink said:
What's the recruits name and kinda doubt Williams will do it, MWC isn't really a place to go for kids looking to make it to the NFL except for like Boise State

Depends on what scouting site you use because it changes up between Taeon Mason and Kanya Bell as the 4-star recruits, some even have them listed as both 4-stars.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

Feb 12, 2015 6:09 AM

Apr 2013
jimmykudo3000 said:
College football is probably my least favourite sport, Still, I remain sympathetic to Nick Saban & Alabama though I never call myself a fan.

hell naw giants don't need a receiver lol.. need either a good OL, a ILB or a DT
Feb 12, 2015 9:18 AM

Dec 2010
Kyler Murray thou...

BTW, everyone needs to check this out, even if you're not an A&M fan.. this is for fans of ridiculous athleticism:

http://tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Myles-Garrett-shows-off-ridiculous-athleticism-35084082

That's a 6'4 260 pound man with a 40 inch vertical and a 4.46 40, who also set the SEC freshman sack record last season. If he can come anywhere near those numbers at the combine he's easily going to be the #1 overall pick.

I'd piss myself if I had to block him on the other end, and my teammates would understand.
Feb 12, 2015 10:19 AM

Apr 2013
If Braxton Miller somehow transfers to Duke (Coach Cut, get it done), my two teams (Ohio State and Duke) will be in prime position to make some crazy noise.
Feb 12, 2015 11:02 AM

Apr 2013
Legendre said:
he's easily going to be the #1 overall pick.
TB will draft a QB.. might be first taken at his position tho.
Feb 12, 2015 11:07 AM
Feb 2014
Sourire said:
Legendre said:

And it SHOULD be Mariota.

Jameis Winston's a winner and all, but he's got tons of risks to him when he's being outplayed and put against physical defenses. Totally understand those who think he's better because of muh athleticism though.
Feb 12, 2015 11:16 AM

Jan 2008
deanzel said:
If Braxton Miller somehow transfers to Duke (Coach Cut, get it done), my two teams (Ohio State and Duke) will be in prime position to make some crazy noise.

Braxton isn't going to Duke. :/
GunbladewarriorFeb 12, 2015 11:43 AM
Feb 12, 2015 11:36 AM

Apr 2013
Gunbladewarrior said:
deanzel said:

Braxton isn't going to Duke. :/

Duke was mentioned as a possibility because of a Coach Cutcliffe!! At least give my other team a little hope for a competent QB after the disaster that was known as Anthony Boone playing QB.

I think that Braxton will stay and should turn into a WR/RB/wildcat but I know that you're a ridiculous Braxton fan for some reason. The man cannot throw a football with any semblance of accuracy especially now with a shoulder that is rumored to maybe not even be healthy by the start of spring practice and training camp. We have two better QBs (heavy emphasis on QB) on the team, and they should play over him.
Feb 12, 2015 11:37 AM
Feb 2014
Calling Braxton going to Wisconsin.

They enroll all of the 5th year QBs
Feb 12, 2015 12:00 PM

Dec 2010
Sourire said:
Legendre said:

Derp.

Lol, I meant whenever he decides to declare for the draft. Myles Garrett is a Sophomore next season..

This is what I was talking about in the NBA thread.. "fans" instead of "sports fans"

/sadface
Feb 12, 2015 12:40 PM

Jan 2008
but I know that you're a ridiculous Braxton fan for some reason.

Probably because I have a memory longer than 5 seconds.

Raekwon McMillan
Funny how quickly people forget my bro @BraxtonMiller5 body of work these last few years .... They sleep

Armani Reeves
Don't sleep on my man Braxton I'm telling yall ! All three are great tho !

The man cannot throw a football with any semblance of accuracy

I love when people spout this nonsense. He has no accuracy, yet he finished with a 63.5 CMP% in 2013. Oops.

especially now with a shoulder that is rumored to maybe not even be healthy by the start of spring practice and training camp. We have two better QBs (heavy emphasis on QB) on the team, and they should play over him.

If his shoulder is still having issues, my opinion on who the starter should be will change.
Feb 12, 2015 12:45 PM

Apr 2013
Gunbladewarrior said:
but I know that you're a ridiculous Braxton fan for some reason.

Probably because I have a memory longer than 5 seconds.

Raekwon McMillan
Funny how quickly people forget my bro @BraxtonMiller5 body of work these last few years .... They sleep

Armani Reeves
Don't sleep on my man Braxton I'm telling yall ! All three are great tho !

The man cannot throw a football with any semblance of accuracy

I love when people spout this nonsense. He has no accuracy, yet he finished with a 63.5 CMP% in 2013. Oops.

especially now with a shoulder that is rumored to maybe not even be healthy by the start of spring practice and training camp. We have two better QBs (heavy emphasis on QB) on the team, and they should play over him.

If his shoulder is still having issues, my opinion on who the starter should be will change.

I've been an Ohio State fan for 15 years dude. Braxton has never been able to throw with accuracy. You have to take into account the kind of system he is in, what Urban has done to work towards his strengths, and the types of throws he makes. You can't just blindly say his completion percentage is high without taking into account the difficulty of those throws and how much the defense is playing him for the run. Your take is like an extreme version of a QB in a West Coast offense vs a vertical passing game and only looking at completion percentage as the metric for their accuracy. Common sense dude.

Also, no where did I say he wasn't good (I clearly want him badly on Duke). It's just that Ohio State happens to have 2 other QBs who are phenomenal as well and actually play like more traditional QBs (JT is more of a hybrid) who fit Urban's offensive system better imo (they were recruited by him for him a reason vs Braxton who was a holdover).

And if you go to Ohio State (or live anywhere in the Ohio area), you've without a doubt heard the rumors that his shoulder is still far away from being able to throw a football with any strength let alone quarterback a team who's going for back to back championships. Just my 2 cents.
Feb 12, 2015 3:06 PM

May 2010
Sourire said:
jimmykudo3000 said:

hell naw giants don't need a receiver lol.. need either a good OL, a ILB or a DT

Honestly, with a healthy Pugh, Richburg, if my boy blue Beaty can find his form again the Giants offensive Line is not too far off.

Don't forget Pugh & Schwartz missed a lot of action last year.

Only reliable outside receiver Giants really have is Beckham JR I am not sold on Randle, I am not sold on Cruz returning to elite form, and if Amari Cooper is there at 8 or 9 (forget where NYG drafts) they would have to be mad to not select him.

As far as Collins' Rolle is on an expiring contract, might not return, so they are clearly bereft of quality safeties. Landon Collins comes from Nick Saban's Hard Knocks school of high quality defensive backs, so i think that would also be the wisest of selections.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 12, 2015 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
jimmykudo3000 said:
Sourire said:

Honestly, with a healthy Pugh, Richburg, if my boy blue Beaty can find his form again the Giants offensive Line is not too far off.

Don't forget Pugh & Schwartz missed a lot of action last year.

Only reliable outside receiver Giants really have is Beckham JR I am not sold on Randle, I am not sold on Cruz returning to elite form, and if Amari Cooper is there at 8 or 9 (forget where NYG drafts) they would have to be mad to not select him.

As far as Collins' Rolle is on an expiring contract, might not return, so they are clearly bereft of quality safeties. Landon Collins comes from Nick Saban's Hard Knocks school of high quality defensive backs, so i think that would also be the wisest of selections.
dude we had one of the worst defense in the league (bearing injuries but still).. we need to stop the run.

I'm all for it if we draft Collins, he's a savage.. but we need linebackers and dlines.
Feb 12, 2015 3:52 PM

Jan 2015
TheRealNico said:
Sourire said:

And it SHOULD be Mariota.

Jameis Winston's a winner and all, but he's got tons of risks to him when he's being outplayed and put against physical defenses. Totally understand those who think he's better because of muh athleticism though.

Ehh I think Mariota's more mature and better outside the pocket but Winston has a better arm, better in the pocket, and higher football IQ. In the right system Winston is a potential Hall of Famer and I think he should go 1st in the draft
Feb 17, 2015 10:01 PM

Jan 2008
I've been an Ohio State fan for 15 years dude. Braxton has never been able to throw with accuracy. You have to take into account the kind of system he is in, what Urban has done to work towards his strengths, and the types of throws he makes. You can't just blindly say his completion percentage is high without taking into account the difficulty of those throws and how much the defense is playing him for the run. Your take is like an extreme version of a QB in a West Coast offense vs a vertical passing game and only looking at completion percentage as the metric for their accuracy. Common sense dude.

I've been a fan over 20 years, what's your point? You have to take into account the system for Braxton, but not J.T or CJ? C'mon man. Urban's offense always plays to the strengths of the QB. It made Alex Smith look like the #1 overall.

You're also ignoring that this is the best WR core Ohio State has had since maybe '08.

Also, no where did I say he wasn't good (I clearly want him badly on Duke). It's just that Ohio State happens to have 2 other QBs who are phenomenal as well and actually play like more traditional QBs (JT is more of a hybrid) who fit Urban's offensive system better imo (they were recruited by him for him a reason vs Braxton who was a holdover).

It's not about that. It's about people being prisoners of the moment. People act as if there was no way that Braxton could have accomplished this(despite the fact that he won 20+ games in a row).

CJ wasn't recruited by Urban. He was recruited by Tressel. Go back and watch the game against Akron, and Urban's introductory conference. He was uber excited about getting his hands on Braxton.

And if you go to Ohio State (or live anywhere in the Ohio area), you've without a doubt heard the rumors that his shoulder is still far away from being able to throw a football with any strength let alone quarterback a team who's going for back to back championships. Just my 2 cents.

The same rumors that said he was going to FSU, Oregon, and Bama?

https://mobile.twitter.com/BraxtonMiller5/status/567088483668623361?p=v

My like for Braxton isn't just because he's a Buckeye. The dude stuck by Ohio State through all the crap in 2011, and the bowl ban in 2012. In 4 seasons, he never acted the way Winston has. It just amazes me how quickly people will turned on him.
Feb 18, 2015 6:51 PM

Nov 2010
Gunblade, honestly how would you feel if Braxton went to U-M? Urban Meyer's headset makes his head look small and it really pisses me off for some reason.
Feb 18, 2015 9:24 PM

Jan 2008
I can't say how i'd feel about impossible things...
Feb 20, 2015 4:06 PM
Feb 2014
Who will start for Ohio State then?
Feb 20, 2015 4:37 PM

Aug 2013

JT or Cardale. My money's on JT, he's the best of the three imo. I don't think Braxton really has much of a chance, regardless of his "plans."
Feb 20, 2015 8:30 PM

Jan 2008
I think people overrate JT, and underrate the talent that was at WR last season.
Feb 21, 2015 12:16 AM

Aug 2013
Gunbladewarrior said:
I think people overrate JT, and underrate the talent that was at WR last season.

I'm a believer that if somebody is a bad QB, then they will find ways to be a bad QB, regardless of how good the receiving weapons around him are.
Jay Cutler is the quintessential example of this. I mean, Chicago probably has the best receiving corps in the entire league with BMarsh, Jeffery, Bennett, and Forte (the best receiving RB) all at Cutler's disposal. Yet, Cutler still finds ways to screw up and be terrible at his job.

Other examples of this include...
- Andy Dalton (who is average at best with Green, Sanu, Gresham, and Hill/Gio)
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (who's with Andre J, Hopkins, and Arian Foster)
- Nick Foles/Mark Sanchez (who's with Maclin, Cooper, Ertz, and Mccoy/Sproles)
- You can even go down to the CFB level and look at somebody like Blake Sims who had all-world everything around him at Alabama and still couldn't be anything more than mediocre.

While I acknowledge a good WR corps definitely -can- help a QB, I don't see the argument of "This QB isn't as good as he seems because of his great WR corps" being very rock solid logically.

My point is that JT isn't awesome because OSU's WR corps is awesome. JT's an awesome QB because JT's an awesome QB.

JT Barrett broke Drew Brees' B1G single season record for most TD passes. As a redshirt freshman. That's a dope stat and reflective of JT's skills as a QB. I don't think Braxton could even dream of coming close to breaking that record. JT sees the field great and can make tough, accurate passes anywhere on the field. People like to knock JT's arm strength, but it's really not that weak. I remember him throwing a bomb when OSU played @ MSU. Dude has everything you want in your signal caller.

While Urban does cater to the strengths of his QB, it limits the offense when Braxton is calling the shots. The vertical passing game just isn't there, allowing opposing defenses to stack the box, forcing Braxton to beat them with his arm. Which he can't really do. It's the same thing good opposing defenses did when they played Denard Robinson. And it worked every time. Except the 2011 Sugar Bowl lololololol
FallingSn0wFeb 21, 2015 12:29 AM
Feb 21, 2015 1:59 PM

Jan 2008
No ones saying JT is average. But to act as if the WR corps didn't have a lot to do with it, is wrong. The WR corps was called a clown show by Urban when he got here. There's no way JT would have done the same if he were here in 2012.

If this were the exact same WR corps as last year, i'd see your point. It's not.

JT Barrett broke Drew Brees' B1G single season record for most TD passes. As a redshirt freshman. That's a dope stat and reflective of JT's skills as a QB. I don't think Braxton could even dream of coming close to breaking that record.

He broke the record for total TDs, not passing TDs.

Saying Braxton couldn't dream of it is quite funny. He had 36 total TDs, despite missing 3 games in 2013.

While Urban does cater to the strengths of his QB, it limits the offense when Braxton is calling the shots. The vertical passing game just isn't there, allowing opposing defenses to stack the box, forcing Braxton to beat them with his arm. Which he can't really do. It's the same thing good opposing defenses did when they played Denard Robinson. And it worked every time. Except the 2011 Sugar Bowl lololololol

Please don't compare Braxton to armpunt. :/
GunbladewarriorFeb 21, 2015 6:56 PM
Feb 21, 2015 6:52 PM

Nov 2010
Isn't it WR "Corps" and in any case, I don't think there's any way Braxton is not the starter..
Feb 24, 2015 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
Oh, I didn't know it was the total TD record and not the TD pass record. Thanks for that correction.

I don't think the WRs had nothing to do with it. I just don't think they had the same amount of impact as you do, I guess. Which is fine, nobody can prove anything one way or the other.

Please don't act like Denard and Braxton aren't super similar players. Both are fantastic runners and both are terrible passers. What's so different about them?

Bostonblows said:
Isn't it WR "Corps" and in any case, I don't think there's any way Braxton is not the starter..

I strongly disagree. And idk lol, but I'm not very concerned about a capital letter either way.
FallingSn0wFeb 24, 2015 8:26 AM
Feb 24, 2015 3:45 PM

Nov 2010
Fantasee said:
Oh, I didn't know it was the total TD record and not the TD pass record. Thanks for that correction.

I don't think the WRs had nothing to do with it. I just don't think they had the same amount of impact as you do, I guess. Which is fine, nobody can prove anything one way or the other.

Please don't act like Denard and Braxton aren't super similar players. Both are fantastic runners and both are terrible passers. What's so different about them?

Bostonblows said:

I strongly disagree. And idk lol, but I'm not very concerned about a capital letter either way.

No no no, i was correcting gunblade spelling it "core" but it looks like he fixed it. Idk, Braxton is probably the most dynamic player in the big 10 right now, I just can't see Urban Meyer benching a two time big ten player of the year.. (Which is why i thought Cardele should've declared).
Feb 24, 2015 5:20 PM

Jan 2008
I always confuse corps. DX

Which is fine, nobody can prove anything one way or the other.

Sure you can. Listen to what the head coach, and WR coach had to say for the last 3 years. When Ohio State beat MSU, Meyer praised the improvement of the WRs.

What's so different about them?

Braxton's numbers have gotten better every year. Denard's went down. Braxton also didn't turn it over like Denard.

Brought this convo here:

Hah, you didn't hear it from ME. I have full confidence in Harbaugh, I hope that Cass tech doesn't let OSU scouts or recruiters anywhere near their campus after that Weber shady business. I'll take that pipeline straight to Ann Arbor, Thx.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25079124/urban-meyer-cass-tech-coach-resolve-issues-from-mike-webers-recruitment

Besides, Ohio State not getting kids from Cass Tech isn't going to hurt Ohio State at all. Still have Ohio, Florida, NJ, and Georgia, etc.
GunbladewarriorFeb 24, 2015 5:28 PM
Feb 24, 2015 7:34 PM

Nov 2010
Nah, Cass tech somehow always has 4 and 5 star players every year, and somehow OSU gets a decent amount of them. You and I both know Urban Meyer lied straight to his face, that move was in the works for a month probably.
Feb 24, 2015 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
Gunbladewarrior said:

Sure you can. Listen to what the head coach, and WR coach had to say for the last 3 years. When Ohio State beat MSU, Meyer praised the improvement of the WRs.

Braxton's numbers have gotten better every year. Denard's went down. Braxton also didn't turn it over like Denard.

lol
That doesn't prove anything. What Meyer says isn't gospel. Besides, if all he did was "praise the improvement of the WRs", I could debate how much improvement he meant. Slight improvement? Huge improvement? We'll never know.
Again, I'm not saying they didn't make a difference for JT. But I don't think it's nearly as much of one as you're saying it is.

Denard:
2010 - 182/291, 62.5%, 2570 pass yards, 18 TD 11 INT. (1702 rush yards, 6.6 ypc, 14 rush TD)
2011 - 142/258, 55.0%, 2173 pass yards, 20 TD 15 INT (1175 rush yards, 5.3 ypc, 16 rush TD)
2012 - 89/167, 53.3%, 1319 pass yards, 9 TD 9 INT (1297 rush yards, 7.2 ypc, 7 rush TD)

Braxton:
2011 - 85/157, 54.1%, 1159 pass yards, 13 TD 4 INT (715 rush yards, 4.5 ypc, 7 rush TD)
2012 - 148/254, 58.3%, 2039 pass yards, 15 TD 6 INT (1271 yards, 5.6 ypc, 13 rush TD)
2013 - 162/255, 63.5%, 2094 pass yards, 24 TD 7 INT (1068 rush yards, 6.2 ypc, 12 rush TD)

Denard's numbers went down because Hoke transitioned him into more of a pro-style offense. He wasn't able to take full advantage of his skills in that kind of offense. In 2010, Rich Rod had a spread offense and Denard put up one of the best dual threat QB seasons in NCAA history. Braxton has never and will never reach the level of 2010 Denard. Keep Denard in a spread offense and he completely rewrites the record books. Hell, he still did, when he broke the record for most rushing yards by a QB in NCAA history. That's insanely impressive considering he only started three seasons. He'd have that record by a mile if he also started at QB his freshman year.

Braxton's better with not throwing as many interceptions, but Denard's a better runner, and they're pretty much the same when it comes to accuracy.

Bostonblows said:

Heck yeh, somehow they were the only team on local TV growing up so i've been watching them *most* weekends since. You see how this 2016 Class is coming together? I'm not so sure of these obvious recruiting plugs with Jameis and Bryce visiting Harbaugh but man, i'm excited!

2016 recruiting pretty much just started, I have no doubts we'll sign a great class. Hoping for a commit from KJ Costello. That'd be amazing.
FallingSn0wFeb 24, 2015 7:45 PM
Feb 24, 2015 9:02 PM

Jan 2008
Bostonblows said:
Nah, Cass tech somehow always has 4 and 5 star players every year, and somehow OSU gets a decent amount of them. You and I both know Urban Meyer lied straight to his face, that move was in the works for a month probably.

If it were, how is it no one knew about the interview until the deal was complete? :/

I love how M*chigan fans call this "shady", yet telling Weber he was the only RB was perfectly ok. XD
GunbladewarriorFeb 24, 2015 9:09 PM
Feb 24, 2015 9:06 PM

Nov 2010
Gunbladewarrior said:
Bostonblows said:

If it were, how is it no one knew about the interview until the deal was complete? :/

They didn't want it to get out, so it didn't. There was even a report that local (Columbus) reporters knew but withheld until the LOI was signed. You really think the bears or whoever it was waited a month after everyone else to fill their vacancy? No, he likely just told them he couldn't do it until after NSD, believing otherwise is just ignorant..
Feb 24, 2015 9:26 PM

Jan 2008
Reporters in Chicago didn't report on it because? As a courtesy to Urban? Be serious.

There was even a report that local (Columbus) reporters knew but withheld until the LOI was signed.

That report probably came from MLive or Mgo. XD

Columbus reporters have no loyalty to Ohio State.
GunbladewarriorFeb 24, 2015 9:30 PM
Feb 24, 2015 9:31 PM

Nov 2010
Gunbladewarrior said:
And reporters in Chicago didn't report on it because? Columbus reporters have no loyalty to Ohio State.

There was even a report that local (Columbus) reporters knew but withheld until the LOI was signed.

That report probably came from MLive or Mgo. XD

Could've been from there, but even without that, you'd be naive to think John Fox would put off hiring a Rbs coach for a month then coincidentally hire the Drayton the day after Weber signs a binding LoI. Honestly it's just a symptom of the system itself being flawed..

Edit: Regarding reporters in chicago, the news probably didn't make it past John Fox, although that's a good point, it probably means the reporter knowing was a phony story.
BostonblowsFeb 24, 2015 9:36 PM
Feb 25, 2015 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
Gunbladewarrior said:
Bostonblows said:

I love how M*chigan fans call this "shady", yet telling Weber he was the only RB was perfectly ok. XD

How do you know that's what happened? Weber said he didn't know other RBs were being recruited. That doesn't = Harbaugh told him he was the only RB.

Harbaugh offered FOUR RBs besides Weber. Karan Higdon, Titus Booker, some Texas Tech RB commit, and some Arizona RB commit. (Their names escape me atm)

It's not Harbaugh's fault Weber was ignorant and unaware other RBs were being offered. All he had to do was use the internet.

And don't act like Drayton leaving OSU one day after NSD isn't shady. Pls gunblade. Even other OSU fans I know cried foul at that.
FallingSn0wFeb 25, 2015 1:49 PM
Feb 25, 2015 2:53 PM

Jan 2008
Weber had made it pretty clear that he wanted to be the only RB in the class.. There's no way M*chigan would have been back in the picture if he thought they were taking another RB.

But of course since it's M*chigan, IT AIN'T SHADY!!!

And don't act like Drayton leaving OSU one day after NSD isn't shady. Pls gunblade. Even other OSU fans I know cried foul at that.

And that means what to me?
GunbladewarriorFeb 25, 2015 3:00 PM
Feb 25, 2015 4:19 PM

Aug 2013
Gunbladewarrior said:
Weber had made it pretty clear that he wanted to be the only RB in the class.. There's no way M*chigan would have been back in the picture if he thought they were taking another RB.

Lol you're not even making sense anymore.

1) It's super ironic and hilarious you were trying to deny Weber was scared of competition in our previous argument over this, now you yourself are admitting that "it was obvious" Weber wanted to be the only RB. (Which are words I originally said)
Kid's definitely scared of comp, I'm glad we can get that out of the way.

2) We're not going to form our recruiting class around what Weber wants. Please explain how the fuck it's shady business if we don't give in to Weber's ultimatum? Be real. Tough shit if we recruit another RB and he doesn't approve. That's not our fault.

3) You're just ignoring reality with the Drayton situation if you think there was no wrongdoing there. I don't really know what else to say. Weber's position coach and primary recruiter, i.e. likely the one person who (more than anyone else) swayed Weber to OSU, betrayed him immediately after he signs his LOI. You're right though, Michigan's the one at fault here. /sarcasm.
It's basically like if you got engaged with a girl, and then one day after you get engaged, the girl leaves you for another man.

4) Stop censoring the "i" in Michigan. It's dumb.
FallingSn0wFeb 25, 2015 8:26 PM
Feb 25, 2015 4:41 PM

Nov 2010
Gunbladewarrior said:

Why would michigan tell Weber their recruiting plans? By all accounts, no promises were made and what OSU did is again, shady and a symptom of a broken system (LoIs). I'm honestly looking at this objectively, it's kind of irritating that you can't do the same.
Feb 25, 2015 10:55 PM

Jan 2008
Why would michigan tell Weber their recruiting plans? By all accounts, no promises were made and what OSU did is again, shady and a symptom of a broken system (LoIs). I'm honestly looking at this objectively, it's kind of irritating that you can't do the same.

You clearly don't follow recruiting much.

If there were no promises made, why would Weber reconsider them?

A M*chigan fan looking objectively at anything related to Ohio State? Right.

1) It's super ironic and hilarious you were trying to deny Weber was scared of competition in our previous argument over this, now you yourself are admitting that "it was obvious" Weber wanted to be the only RB. (Which are words I originally said)

Wanting to be the only RB doesn't = being scared of competition. Once again(pay attention this time), if he were scared of competition, he wouldn't come to a team that has Elliott(arguably the best RB in the country), Samuel, Ball, Dunn, and is recruiting 3 players(2 are committed) in the '16 class that can play RB.

2) We're not going to form our recruiting class around what Weber wants. Please explain how the fuck it's shady business if we don't give in to Weber's ultimatum? Be real. Tough shit if we recruit another RB and he doesn't approve. That's not our fault.

We? You work on the staff?

You say he's scared of competition, right? If that's the case, why would he reconsider M*chigan again if he weren't told he'd be the only RB?

3) You're just ignoring reality with the Drayton situation if you think there was no wrongdoing there. I don't really know what else to say. Weber's position coach and primary recruiter, i.e. likely the one person who (more than anyone else) swayed Weber to OSU, betrayed him immediately after he signs his LOI.

Nah. I'm ignoring the faux outrage that fans from certain program are exhibiting because they're butthurt that he chose Ohio State over them. So it was made a much bigger deal than it should have been.

Kerry Coombs was the primary recruiter for Weber, not Drayton. Nice try though.

You're right though, Michigan's the one at fault here. /sarcasm.

I wasn't the one that started calling other programs shady. But if you're going to throw stones, be sure to move away from your glass house before doing so.

It's basically like if you got engaged with a girl, and then one day after you get engaged, the girl leaves you for another man.

This is a terrible example. lol

You commit to a school, not a position coach.

4) Stop censoring the "i" in Michigan. It's dumb.

Get over it.
GunbladewarriorFeb 26, 2015 12:32 AM
Feb 26, 2015 4:35 AM
Feb 26, 2015 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
THE SEC WILL COME BACK MARK MY WORDS

no seriously >.>
Signature removed.
Feb 26, 2015 1:05 PM

Aug 2013
Woooow okay.

[quote=Gunbladewarrior]

Wanting to be the only RB doesn't = being scared of competition. Once again(pay attention this time), if he were scared of competition, he wouldn't come to a team that has Elliott(arguably the best RB in the country), Samuel, Ball, Dunn, and is recruiting 3 players(2 are committed) in the '16 class that can play RB.
=
It also doesn't mean he isn't. Actively looking for a school without a RB commit (and not considering any schools who already have them) is straight up laughable, and at the very least it's a sign of wanting as few competition as possible. If he's not scared of competition, then he's either:
A) a depth chart watcher (Ball and Warren have done absolutely nothing, and good chance EzE leaves for the draft after his junior year, basically leaving only Samuel and some true freshman for Weber to compete against. Weber will take his chances there I'd imagine.)
or B) All about himself. Weber's actions kind of speak to his unwillingness to share the spotlight.

None of us can prove anything about this kid since we don't personally know him, but we can draw conclusions from his actions, which you can very easily argue suggests some of those things I mentioned.

We? You work on the staff? You say he's scared of competition, right? If that's the case, why would he reconsider M*chigan again if he weren't told he'd be the only RB?
=
Quit the fucking bullshit. I'm not going to type "The Michigan coaching staff" every time I refer to them. It's much easier to say "we." And I know you know this, but you're just being a dick for the sake of it.
Because he had interest in the school and playing for Harbaugh/Wheatley? It's sheer and utter naivety to believe he only re-considered Michigan because we didn't have a RB commit. He's an in-state kid who grew up a Michigan fan and originally committed to UM in the first place.

3) You're just ignoring reality with the Drayton situation if you think there was no wrongdoing there. I don't really know what else to say. Weber's position coach and primary recruiter, i.e. likely the one person who (more than anyone else) swayed Weber to OSU, betrayed him immediately after he signs his LOI.

Nah. I'm ignoring the faux outrage that fans from certain program are exhibiting because they're butthurt that he chose Ohio State over them. So it was made a much bigger deal than it should have been.
=
Wait, you're actually not serious, are you?
This Weber story kind of went national. Even Fox Sports wrote a story on this Weber situation calling out OSU on their bullshit. Trying to pin the outrage on only Michigan fans is acting ignorant. And so are you by refusing to acknowledge what happened.

You're right though, Michigan's the one at fault here. /sarcasm.

I wasn't the one that started calling other programs shady. But if you're going to throw stones, be sure to move away from your glass house before doing so.
=
This doesn't even make sense. Michigan isn't the school who betrayed Weber. If you'd enlighten me on what we did wrong though, that'd be great.

This is a terrible example. lol

You commit to a school, not a position coach.
=
No, it's not a terrible example. In theory, yeah, you commit to the school and not the coach. But that actually isn't what happens a lot of the time, and if you follow recruiting you should know this. Why do you think so many kids always decommit when there's a coaching change? It's not like the school's going anywhere. *shrug*

Mike Weber @mikeweber25 · Feb 5
I'm hurt as hell I ain't gone lie
FallingSn0wFeb 26, 2015 3:22 PM
Feb 26, 2015 3:01 PM

Nov 2010
Wat. He obviously reconsidered them because of Harbaugh..and yes, i'm capable of unbiased opinions. Here is a quote from 4* Cass tech OG/DT Michael Onwenu
"[My Ohio State interest] lowered a little after the (Mike Weber) incident," Onwenu said. "My position is they should have told him anyway. He had a bond with the coaches, and if I had a bond with a coach and was excited to play for that coach, that is something I should know."

FWIW Texas pulled the same crap and I have the same opinion of it in that situation. I'd have the same opinion of it if Michigan did it. People who let their fandom warp their opinion of a 17/18 year old kid getting lied to before a binding agreement are pig headed fools who exemplify everything that is wrong with the world today.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.