Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2015 2:44 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, that feeling of fear again. Yona's dragons are doing well though. The fact that she dislikes people from the same country fighting each other shows her hatred for war.
Mar 2, 2015 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
And they meet again :) He should put up a blind eye as she did in the pirate battle
Mar 2, 2015 11:42 AM

Jan 2013
That chapter was amazing! Yona finally enters the battle and meets Soo-Won again. Are they going to join forces for this fight? I can't wait for the next chapter *-*

Mar 2, 2015 12:32 PM

Jun 2012
Yona fighting is one of the best things ever. I feel like by the end of this series, she's going to unleash whatever dragon powers she has and have the strength and courage to become the next queen.
Mar 2, 2015 1:26 PM

Oct 2014
Incredible chapter. A near-perfect blend of dialogue, action, plot, and characterization that reaffirms just why I love this series so much.
Mar 2, 2015 2:06 PM
Apr 2014
And they fighting, and beating all them soldiers.

And Soo-Won and Yona see each other....
Mar 2, 2015 3:38 PM
Jul 2013
I can't wait for the next chapter!! I want to know what will happen next already!!! Cliffhangers šŸ˜­.... I hope that the fire tribe king (forgot his name...) will realized that he is not he descended of the king Hiryuu. He keep saying I'm the true descended of king hiryruu , that the throne of Kouka is his and blah blah blah....it kinda piss me off. Go Yona! show him that you are the real descended and not him. And make him stop sacrificing those poor soldiers that is under his control. Can't wait for the next chapter of what will happen to yona and Su-won and Hak.
Mar 2, 2015 6:30 PM

Feb 2009
i dont care what the author does, i will forever hate Su-Won. I am hoping Hak plunges his stick blade right into his bitch chest in the next chapter. Or better yet, Yona chops off his balls and laughs in his face.

i can dream can't i?
Mar 2, 2015 10:01 PM

Jun 2014
Awesome chapter, the last few pages were extremely well done.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2015 9:18 AM

Feb 2011
uawaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I.NEED.THE.NEXT.CHAPTER.
Mar 4, 2015 3:51 AM
Aug 2014
cant speak... this manga is out of this world
Mar 4, 2015 7:54 AM

Aug 2010
Upped to a friggin 10. This is too good >.<!!

Those last pages :O Not even background drawn. Just blank white and it was more beautiful than most pages I've seen! Dat symbolism in it was amazing!

Soo-won's reaction and Yona's realization "So that's why u became king?" was goosebump inducing.

Her face when she was telling Soo-jin about Tae-jun was so nice. Yona!!! Why u so awesome <3<3

And ofc it's always fun seeing the Dragon's kicking ass XD Man is it fun seeing people's reactions :P Esp Dat Kija claw to the face DAMN!!
Mar 4, 2015 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
Marthgun said:
i dont care what the author does, i will forever hate Su-Won. I am hoping Hak plunges his stick blade right into his bitch chest in the next chapter. Or better yet, Yona chops off his balls and laughs in his face.

i can dream can't i?

Yeah, I'm right along the lines of feeling that way. I can respect his intelligence and leadership abilitiy but I don't like the guy at all.
Mar 5, 2015 8:28 AM

Feb 2009
inzaratha said:
Marthgun said:

i can dream can't i?

Yeah, I'm right along the lines of feeling that way. I can respect his intelligence and leadership abilitiy but I don't like the guy at all.

I haven't tried reading the raws, but this is my opinion,

I think author gets rid of either Hak or Su-Won, probably Su-Won, i just hate the fact that she still cares for him. I don't respect his justification for doing what he did, he was basically going to kill her father in secret then hold her hostage and probably force her to marry him. But then he tried to kill her and Hak, which just made it worse.

He could have always just done what Yona is doing now, and try to work behind the scenes to unify against the war. at this point i just want Yona to get over him.
Mar 5, 2015 1:18 PM

Oct 2014
Marthgun said:
inzaratha said:

I haven't tried reading the raws, but this is my opinion,

I think author gets rid of either Hak or Su-Won, probably Su-Won, i just hate the fact that she still cares for him. I don't respect his justification for doing what he did, he was basically going to kill her father in secret then hold her hostage and probably force her to marry him. But then he tried to kill her and Hak, which just made it worse.

He could have always just done what Yona is doing now, and try to work behind the scenes to unify against the war. at this point i just want Yona to get over him.

he needed the strenght of the military, also remember he is thinking of recovering the lands that the II lost for not wanting to go to war.
Personally I do hate him, but as a king he is good, and I think Yona is going to end up forgiving him in some way, but maybe she or he are going to die by the end. I think her dead is more probable, the red dragon hadn't been born for thousands of years, and the suddenly he reborns...I think is probable that the red dragon came back to fix his kingdom's problems and that's it, once his/her job is done, he/she will die.
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 18, 2015 7:09 AM
Nov 2015
gabyta07 said:
Marthgun said:
<br />
<br />
I haven't tried reading the raws, but this is my opinion,<br />
<br />
I think author gets rid of either Hak or Su-Won, probably Su-Won, i just hate the fact that she still cares for him. I don't respect his justification for doing what he did, he was basically going to kill her father in secret then hold her hostage and probably force her to marry him. But then he tried to kill her and Hak, which just made it worse.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
he needed the strenght of the military, also remember he is thinking of recovering the lands that the II lost for not wanting to go to war. <br />
Personally I do hate him, but as a king he is good, and I think Yona is going to end up forgiving him in some way, but maybe she or he are going to die by the end. I think her dead is more probable, the red dragon hadn't been born for thousands of years, and the suddenly he reborns...I think is probable that the red dragon came back to fix his kingdom's problems and that's it, once his/her job is done, he/she will die.

I have complicated feeling about Soo Won. At first,i thought his kindness and warmth toward Yona and Hak was fake, after that, i realized that he does really care about them. Like when he hide Yona from Joo Doh, he actually could kill her right there because she was unarmed and Hak wasn't there. And, after this chapter, I believe he actually has good motives behind his actions. I'm not saying he's right about killing King Il, and i'm still wondering why he didn't marry Yona if he wanted to be king. And i know about his father. But yeah,, for me, Soo Won is an interesting character, because now, i don't know if he's a bad guy or not. I think he is a better king tha King Il, even Yona acknowledge it, but his method to become king was wrong. But, historically, a lot of good king has blood-stained history and hands, if you know what i mean. Just like Soo Won. And by betraying Yona and Hak, he sacrified his happiness too, because they were(yeah, im using past tense here becsuse their friendship has collapsed) his best friend, and they're precious to him, and he admired Hak.
Jan 6, 2016 5:14 PM

May 2013
Fun fact: If Soo Won was the first character, many people would love him.
But since the story is about Yona (Hak) POV, people dislike Soo Won without try to think to his reason to do what he do.
Btw, we don't know really what's happening the night when he kill the King Il either what he plan to do or why he do it.

Not everyone, but many fans of Akatsuki no Yona want that Yona and Hak kill Soo Won, but in what it would be different of Soo Won? He kill King Il to vegeance too (if we trust what he said)
Jun 10, 2016 8:26 AM
Feb 2016
i can't hate Soo-Won, i did when he killed Yona's father but now he really became a good king and all... i understand why Yona can't stop liking Soo-Won
Jun 17, 2020 9:53 PM
Dec 2010
If there is a perfect time to kill Suwon, this is the perfect time. Yona still lacks the resolve to kill Suwon. Her goal is to retake and avenge her father. She could also have revealed what happen to her father right then and there.
Dec 26, 2023 6:57 AM
Feb 2017
Reply to WaitingDB5K
Fun fact: If Soo Won was the first character, many people would love him.
But since the story is about Yona (Hak) POV, people dislike Soo Won without try to think to his reason to do what he do.
Btw, we don't know really what's happening the night when he kill the King Il either what he plan to do or why he do it.

Not everyone, but many fans of Akatsuki no Yona want that Yona and Hak kill Soo Won, but in what it would be different of Soo Won? He kill King Il to vegeance too (if we trust what he said)
@WaitingDB5K I agree with you. I've read tons of novels and manga, and seen a lot of series, especially about kingdom and politics). Along the way, I've learned to widen my point of view toward the characters, I learned not to focus much on the central or first character/s. Actually, sports anime made me learn that the most. I learned to like other competitors, too, not just the main character/ team. Similarly, after Soo-Won betrayed Yona and Hak, I couldn't bring myself to hate him right away. I knew that there's more than what was shown in the first episode/ chapter. The author made Soo-Won like the bad guy, but I guess that's her way of giving the viewers conflicted feelings towards him and making his character interesting, which, I found Soo-Won a really interesting character after the mock battle he orchestrated in the Earth tribe and make Geun Tae trust him. Soo-Won's character is complex, and it makes me hungry and eager to know more about him than to know more about what's gonna happen to Yona and Hak's romantic relationship (though I also look forward to it).

Politics is really dirty, and many leaders/ kings had to shed blood for the throne to be obtained, and Soo-Won is one of them. To take the throne is also to sacrifice, which, I think what Soo-Won did. He had to discard the friends who were dear to him. I never thought of him having no care about Yona and Hak. If so, he wouldn't be emotionally affected by their "death" on the cliff that Kang Tae-Jun reported. He would have also killed Yona when he saw her in Awa, he hid her from his company instead.

I couldn't put any judgment on Soo-Won yet. It's too early for that.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I love your DP tho. Ace of Diamond is one of my favorite sports anime, and Miyuki is my favorite Seidou player.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

6 by JolyKyriem »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.