Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty intense episode overall. We get Jeanne (well not exactly the same person as she was before) with overwhelming power.

It looks like Azazel arrives at the battlefield as well. We also get our showdown between Favaro and Kaisar. I found the climatic scene of this episode to be quite something though. The godly music and fantasy elements were adapted quite well with everything coming together. Can't say I'm surprised about Azazel taking on Beelzebub though. Ah, I'm very excited for the finale now.
Stark700Dec 22, 2014 6:58 AM
Dec 22, 2014 8:11 AM

Sep 2012
O shit is afroman dead?
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 22, 2014 8:23 AM

Oct 2014
Why are the gods so weak? ._.
Dec 22, 2014 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
Holy Shit!! One thing after a f*** other :O Epic ep!

I knew that Lavely is too suspicious. I still don't know what exactly his goal is or on who's side but he's not the good guy who he's been made out to be at the start.

Kaiser had so much Fuko da this ep XD 4 falls lol. His mini fight against Fava was pretty BA though, dem dodges were swift ^^ I doubt Fava's dead. Did he have anything hung up his neck to protect him as the cliche goes? I don't remember.
Gotta admit though, Demon Fava looks so damn awesome. Love those eyes <3

Bacchus is actually way stronger than I thought!! He was going on par with Jeanne riding his duck lololol XD Didn't expect him to be this strong and poor Rita, her perfect throw was ruined by that fat duck XD...At least her arm didn't go for nothing since Michael still used the pill to return Jeanne back with Dat YURI KISS :3

Azazel facing off against Beelzebub was nice. I really wonder whether Lucifer will have any role to play? Anyway WELCOME BAHAMUT!! So it's gonna be defeated in one ep? Won't that feel rushed after all the hype? Like Chaika.
Dec 22, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2010
Jeanne having killed some of the great angels and Michael used his life to cleanse Jeanne.

Bacchus fighting with Jeanne. Rita wanting to cook that duck alive was funny.

Favaro getting shot by Kaisar. Bahamut having absorbed Amira and the gods finally descend. All set up for the grand finale!
Dec 22, 2014 8:31 AM

Apr 2014
Barion-Zara said:
I knew that Lavely is too suspicious. I still don't know what exactly his goal is or on who's side but he's not the good guy who he's been made out to be at the start.

Kaiser had so much Fuko da this ep XD 4 falls lol. His mini fight against Fava was pretty BA though, dem dodges were swift ^^ I doubt Fava's dead. Did he have anything hung up his neck to protect him as the cliche goes? I don't remember.

Ye Lavalley has been way too suspicious from the start, I think Kaisar may have put the demon antidote Rita made on the end of the crossbow bolt so he would return to being human
Dec 22, 2014 8:51 AM
Jan 2014
This episode was very dynamic, in contrast with the previous one. Nearly everyone is attending the grand awakening of Bahamut. I wonder if we're going to see a trainsition to the glimpse we saw in the first episode. Or maybe that was just one of Bahamut's previous affairs. Either way, it won't be a peaceful event.

The OST was also amazing and fitting as usual.

blexx said:

I think Kaisar may have put the demon antidote Rita made on the end of the crossbow bolt so he would return to being human.

That's actually a very reasonable thought. I know Favaro wasn't really on Kaisar's good side yet, but the way Kaisar shot him with a straight face seemed rather suspicious. I hope Favaro gets on his feet in the next episode, and mops the floor with that traitor Lavalley!

Kaisar on the other hand, really needs to tie himself to the ground or something. The third time was a charm, but I don't know what to expect on his fourth fall.
Dec 22, 2014 8:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Everything happened in this episode, jeez....Almost to the point where it gets ridiculous.

So what do we have?

- Bahamut is here!
- What happens to Amira?
- Favaro dead or not?
- Who will save Kaisar from his fall or will he really fall to his death?
- Lavalley is a traitor
- What can Rita do from this point on?
- Beelzebub vs. Azazel - i can see Lucifer coming in helping Azazel

Way too much for one episode. Can't see this being not rushed. Hopefully they will manage to make it a reasonable ending somehow.
Dec 22, 2014 9:03 AM

Apr 2014
Poor Kaisar. Can't catch a break. Poor dude was thrown off that ship thingy 3-4 times this ep.

Loved the ep. Can't wait for the finale.

Dec 22, 2014 9:08 AM

Mar 2013
Holy shit... that was intense. Doubt Favaro's actually dead. The irony of the ED... poor Amira.
Dec 22, 2014 9:16 AM

Aug 2010
@blexx...yeah that thing makes sense...as Resident said Kaiser's face was too straight at the time ^^
Dec 22, 2014 9:23 AM

Sep 2013
As an old Shingeki no Bahamut demon player, I have to say, I'm liking where this is going! Glad to see Azazel finally gain his footing again, and I can't wait to see some Lucifer and Bahamut action next episode!!
Dec 22, 2014 9:23 AM

Oct 2012
Kaiser basically falling to his death 4 times in one episode, please. :|

Fava is obviously not dead because that would be stupid since the obvious plot point which is Bahamut's Claw hasn't been used yet.

Lavalley being evil was pretty obvious (how else would he have had possession of the medallion or w/e) after the last episode but I suspected it from the beginning. I'm actually betting that he is Martinet or something, that would make a lot of sense.

Alright episode but the ending seems pretty rushed now.
Dec 22, 2014 9:25 AM

Jul 2014
Ok episode. the scene where Kaiser shot Favaro was poorly handled, it felt so meh. I'm pretty sure he's not dead, or he will be revived somehow.

Dictator said:

I feel ya bro. they're just in the show to sparkle and shit.
Dec 22, 2014 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Kaisar falling to his death for four time in a row in this episode.

Michael still used the pill to turn Jeanne back to normal.

Favaro is probably alive.
Dec 22, 2014 9:53 AM
Oct 2010
Ha.. that running joke with kaisar falling and the duck getting in rita's way was pretty good. Although Fava getting shot felt anti-climatic, but I think that was on purpose. I also believe lucifer will play a significant role in this but I'm not sure in what capacity.. maybe beating beezle. One thing I didn't like is that one orlesian knight commander just being evil.. it feels like he has no real purpose other than that, but I hope he's connected to beezle in some way.

Dictator said:

Are they? Doesn't seem that way at all. Jeanne was a demon at the time she killed those gods and they were also pre-occupied with keeping bahamut at bay.
Dec 22, 2014 9:59 AM

Dec 2013
Favaro being a demon so sexy. xD Also inflatable duck rofl

IMO everything was handled pretty good. Nothing felt too rushed, though the pacing is fast.

I'm so excited for the finale, though I am having doubts if they will manage to do Bahamut's defeating properly in one episode.
Dec 22, 2014 9:59 AM

Nov 2009
That was intense. Can never get enough of it.

In this episode Kaisar had so much dialogue! I'm loving it. He's smarter than he looks, huh, provoking Azazel into helping them. I only hope he gets lucky and will be timely saved by somebody before he crashes into the ground.

Favaro is cool as a demon - those eyes and those hair horns! But the best demon is Azazel. Also hoping Lucifer will get up from that comfy throne of his and does something noteworthy, preferably saving Kaisar and finishing off Beelzebub.

The archangels turned out disappointingly weak: one Jeanne was enough to deal with all 3 of them...

Well, let's see Bahamut in full splendor next week.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 22, 2014 10:07 AM
Nov 2011
Dictator said:

Jeanne killed angels, not gods actually. Gods arrived late and just watched Key being soaked by Bahamut. No one gave a damn about trying to stop it D:

But.. I really don't want the Bahamut fight to be in just one episode. Season 2 please..
Dec 22, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2014
The animation and Ost were godly. So much happened in just one episode yet again. Yeah the Kaisar and Favaro fight felt anticlimatic but like skudoops said it may have been on purpose. I wonder what will Jeanne do now that she's back. Lucifer and Gabriel might do something to help them next episode and that bahamut claw Favaro has might come in handy.

And that grand awakening of Bahamut though.
Dec 22, 2014 10:19 AM

Oct 2014
Kaisar really is a hammer head for not noticing Lavally's deception.

So, is FAVAROOOOO dead?
Dec 22, 2014 10:22 AM

Apr 2013
Smudy said:
Everything happened in this episode, jeez....Almost to the point where it gets ridiculous.

So what do we have?

- Bahamut is here!
- What happens to Amira?
- Favaro dead or not?
- Who will save Kaisar from his fall or will he really fall to his death?
- Lavalley is a traitor
- What can Rita do from this point on?
- Beelzebub vs. Azazel - i can see Lucifer coming in helping Azazel

Way too much for one episode. Can't see this being not rushed. Hopefully they will manage to make it a reasonable ending somehow.
- about damn time
- why do you need an explanation as soon as something happens? just wait.
- same thing as ^
- same thing as ^
- I thought everyone already knew since he was supposedly Amira's father but she has no father or mom.
- same thing as ^^

Y'all are so impatient and calling it rushed because more than one plot element is happening, hilarious. Also a fast pacing =/= rushed.
Dec 22, 2014 10:24 AM

Feb 2014
And bahamut is now alive....
Dec 22, 2014 10:35 AM

Dec 2013
This show has very vibrant ending cards, love it :D
Dec 22, 2014 10:43 AM

Oct 2014
Let the battle Royal begin :D

intense/10!
Dec 22, 2014 10:48 AM

Sep 2013
Well this was most definitely rushed but still a lot of fun.

Art/Animation: Woo! The quality is back. Everything was so well done this episode. There was some jumpy animation at times but for the most part it was very high quality. I love Favaro's horns that appear to be tiny but are actually just under his afro. A lot of beautiful magic bullshit too. lol

Sound: Great as usual.

Story+Characters:
Well, considering Lavalley appears to be evil, I guess that confirms that what Martinet said was true, Amira isn't 5 years old, she's a clone of her mother. My guess is they did this because the mother already had the demon key so they made a demon clone to sneak into the gods area to steal the other key and then they would have Amira find her mother and BOOM, Bahamut resurrection.

Kaisar was mostly falling this episode... hilarious. I like the differences that he saw in Favaro's movements, he lost his silly personality. Unfortunately this was kind of rushed so I didn't really get much impact from Favaro "dying". It's pretty obvious he isn't dead, he didn't have any catharsis yet.

Azazel developed too... again rushed but at least it's there. He feels humans are capable of a lot now and they portrayed that simply by letting Kaisar help him.

A lot of action from Bacchus this episode too, wasn't sure when we were going to get it but seeing a huge, pink haired, hammer wielding god on a ball-goose is pretty bizarre and hilarious. Lmao

Rita throwing her arm and trying to flick the pill into Jeanne's mouth was cool and I like that it wasn't that simple, she failed and then the Archangel had to force feed it to her. Still rushed though, felt like that was resolved too fast. I can tell this series really needed a 13th episode, oh well. Still liked the episode.

Next episode is RAGE OF BAHAMUT! Can't wait, it's been built up the whole series, I wanna see some Shadow of the Colossus level action.
Dec 22, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Demon Jeanne killed those Angels so fast, I don't even know if they were ever any match for the demon-kind or if they should continue to resist, because it seems futile.

I don't think they were able to fight her properly because they were trying to keep bahamut sealed while jeanne was attacking them
Dec 22, 2014 10:55 AM

Apr 2013
so freaking good.

this is how you set up a final episode
Dec 22, 2014 11:00 AM

Dec 2013
Intense episode.

Rise up, rise up, rise up! Let me see Bahamut!
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 22, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2013
robis798 said:
Favaro being a demon so sexy. xD Also inflatable duck rofl

IMO everything was handled pretty good. Nothing felt too rushed, though the pacing is fast.

I'm so excited for the finale, though I am having doubts if they will manage to do Bahamut's defeating properly in one episode.

I had the same thought ^^
Favaro *-*

Man, that episode was intense. I loved it! I really liked the scene where Jeanne turned back to her old self and when she was falling with Michael.
So Lavalley is actually bad, huh...I really hoped that he would be good, but meh

Dec 22, 2014 11:29 AM
Nov 2014
I have one question. Who hated this?
Dec 22, 2014 11:30 AM

Aug 2012
Didn't expect Jeanne to be saved already, but I hope there's more to her changing to demon and back so quick than just to kill the archangels and spur Bahamut's revival. Same thought with Favaro(I love that arrow tip theory). I hope both of them are sort of 'ruined for good' by their transformations, not able to feel black or white, but embrace the grey instead. After all, with how the angels/Gods have been depicted, it will take a "Grey" side to truly bring real resolution here.

So is Lavalley working with Beezle or the gods that want to revive Zues? I'd guess the gods since he was Jeanne's right hand man all along. Are all the gods intent on reviving Zues, or is there different wills as with Lucifer/Azazel and Beezlebub? I really hope the last episode is able to shine some light on some of this and still be able to give us a solid resolution for Amira and Favaro. I have faith in you, Mappa.

Can Rita be any more of a boss?
Dec 22, 2014 11:33 AM

Nov 2012
Lol at the old man fighting in the air while drunk.
Dec 22, 2014 11:33 AM

Mar 2013
I dont really get why so many angels have to make a barrier around bahamut. If they need the key to open him anyways it doesnt make any sense to make this angel-barrier.. and if bahamut can escape without the barrier why do the demons not ONLY focus on killing the angels around bahamut without the whole key thingy.
Dec 22, 2014 11:47 AM

Nov 2011
i need more then just 12 episodes.....
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 22, 2014 11:51 AM

Sep 2013
Welcome back Bahamut-san.

The way Michael died was beautiful, too bad angels are so weak.
Really wonder what happened to Kaisar this time, I don't think he actually survived... As for Fava, I'm pretty sure he got the antidote through Kaisar's arrow.

The way Amira said Favaro's name before transforming into Bahamut left a lot of suspense too. I'm pretty sure she will control him like we see in the opening, or at least I hope so, so she can destroy Beelzebub and probably Lucifer who will join.

I was wondering how Cerberus was doing but apparently she's just fine lol.
Dec 22, 2014 11:52 AM

May 2012
As always superb animation feel like watching this in a theater..
I want but dont want next week to come,.

Dec 22, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2014
Please let there be an announcement for another cour during next week's episode.
Dec 22, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2012
Dictator said:
oh i see now...
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 22, 2014 12:04 PM

Oct 2014
skudoops said:

Are they? Doesn't seem that way at all. Jeanne was a demon at the time she killed those gods and they were also pre-occupied with keeping bahamut at bay.

She wasn't a real demon. Possessed by some evil concoction at best. :

Okashi_sama said:
Ok episode. the scene where Kaiser shot Favaro was poorly handled, it felt so meh. I'm pretty sure he's not dead, or he will be revived somehow.

Dictator said:

I feel ya bro. they're just in the show to sparkle and shit.

Shouldn't be there at all then. :

Aaralyn said:
Dictator said:

Jeanne killed angels, not gods actually. Gods arrived late and just watched Key being soaked by Bahamut. No one gave a damn about trying to stop it D:

But.. I really don't want the Bahamut fight to be in just one episode. Season 2 please..

Those "Angels" are Gods. All of them are Gods. There are three factions: Demons, Humans and Gods. And when the otherGods arrived I thought "Well, they gonna cut that damnable energy beam rope and save Kawaiimira, but no. They just kept looking with an assface.
Dec 22, 2014 12:31 PM

Feb 2014
So lets do a head count

Gods + Armies of Heaven
Demons + Armies of Hell
Orlean Knights
Beezlebub vs Azazel
Our protagonists
Bahamut

The finale is going to be to packed. Though MAPPA has delivered every week so I have confidence it will be good.
Dec 22, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty good episode, I have high hopes for the finale.
Dec 22, 2014 12:37 PM

Dec 2014
I think that in the end there will be a cliffhanger and they will continue it in the next season.

Genesis-Beggining
Dec 22, 2014 12:42 PM

Feb 2014
Oh I really hope there's a second season
Dec 22, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
How many times? 4? xD
Yeah, I want a sequel, too ^^
Dec 22, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2013
Holy fricken' hell. Probably best episode so far... Not so much comedy as in some others but so epic!
Baccus flying on duck-craft while battling Jeanne!
Zombie loli being epic as always and just yolo'ing and throwing her arm away at a demon!
Azazel getting back at Belzeebub!
Damn, when demon Jeanne attacked the archeangels while they were casting the barrier... what a weak move. That's called backstabbing. Some of the archeangels died too... The two heroes definitely aren't dead. Either Amira will save Kaiser and Favaro or Favaro will save them I'm guessing since this was a Kaiser-heavy episode. And that kiss! What the hell is Lucifer up to. He will either show up next episode or in season 2.

Damn, what an underrated series. Definitely needs a season 2.
Dec 22, 2014 1:44 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
FullmetalPervert said:
I think that in the end there will be a cliffhanger and they will continue it in the next season.

Genesis-Beggining

That's just my hope as well.
Dec 22, 2014 1:45 PM

Oct 2014
One episode to kill a draconic deity... rushed... please just give us like 12 more episodes...
Dec 22, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
Always thought Lavalley was a dodgey cunt and why did Kaiser shoot to kill, what happened to the antidote Rita gave him? Good episode overall, looking forward to the finale.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2014 1:59 PM

Nov 2013
Concerned Rita ;___;
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.