Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 21, 2014 2:41 AM

Jun 2014
Well since I hated the original Sailor Moon, I don't know what everyone is complaining about.

I like Crystal and if it wasn't for me liking this remake so much I would still be hating on Sailor Moon!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Dec 21, 2014 8:08 AM

Dec 2014
This episode started off so differently from the manga that I was afraid the ending was would altered. Nah, the ending is the same. Now I see what people mean when they say this anime isn't faithful to the source material :(
Dec 21, 2014 2:54 PM

Aug 2014
That moment when the Shittenou finally remember who they are and their feelings for the senshi ... the way Kunzite said Venus' name ever so lovingly (or said in a tone that was familiar of her) and Metaria just... YOU DON'T DO THIS MAN. Then that ending! LIKE WHAT. I'm done. I'm a wreck. I'm a sad, miserable, slowly dying wreck. //ugly sobbing
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Dec 21, 2014 6:01 PM

Feb 2011
This episode made me undrop it, just barely.

Dec 22, 2014 12:33 AM

Jul 2008
pillsbury15 said:
Wait one damn second... they kept the Shitten... The Four Jewel Guys (forgot the groups names) Alive and halted on following the source for that horrible scene.

Right on the money!!! What was the point of keeping them around just to kill them like that?! Better off following the manga exactly rather than this.
Dec 22, 2014 5:05 AM

Apr 2010
zanpakutoflames said:
kagura-pb said:

Leaving them alive would be too much of a change of the source material on a fundamental level, I guess? They probably wouldn't know what to do with them in the future arcs or how to fit them into the story.

Hmmm.... I suppose so, we'll just have to wait and see.

Come to think of it, having Sailor Moon destroy Beryl might be so the 4 senshis meet the Shitennou. If things had followed the original manga sequence, it'd have to be a 3 vs 4 battle?

If I remember correctly, didn't they get picked off one by one by the scouts instead of Metelia in the manga? Only in their fleeting moments they remember who they were? If so, this series is diverging from the manga somwhat.

But, yeah that was punk move to kill them off like that. Happy freaking new years Toei!
Dec 22, 2014 11:59 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm, the main reason I'm watching this and not the original series is because I wanted to see the story of the manga. And now I hear that this is going anime original, if only a little with some details, but where's the point of it then?
It wouldn't be a problem if the show would be otherwise outstanding, but it actually isn't. I guess I keep watching it because it doesn't take much time away with it's release schedule but they should start making use of the potential!
Dec 22, 2014 5:06 PM

Nov 2008
Geeze....Crystal....what are you doing!?

You're taking yourself way too seriously. Fix it.

I wanted to see the story of the manga.

The manga's so much more enjoyable, I can't even.

HOW did Toei f*ck this up AGAIN? (Not that 90s Moon is bad.....but I can see how all the fillers turn others off)

And they're all just obsessively protective of Usagi, even though Usagi has been a bratty jerk through the whole story.

Manga Usagi >>>>> 90s Usagi>>>>>>>Crystal Usagi
Usagi's actually my favorite and I've honestly gotten annoyed with this version of her.
WTF
That's bad.
I mean, that's really bad.......
ChiibiDec 22, 2014 5:20 PM

Dec 22, 2014 7:48 PM

Dec 2012
Repeating the same mistakes... shit cliffhanger.
Dec 23, 2014 6:52 AM

Oct 2008
Soooo Beryl was easily defeated, Usagi runs after her precious Mamo-chan AGAIN, the inner Senshis are weak af, the Jewel-dudes regain their memories just by saying "remembuh whu u ur" but get zapped anyways and Usagi can do anything just by following her kokoro

The writing is all over the place, the characters aren't getting proper developement and the intro message that girls don't need protection od men to be strong is getting trashed each and every episode

I must be a masochist to keep watching this.
Dec 23, 2014 2:00 PM

Apr 2010
Suicide one more time? Really? :D
Dec 24, 2014 3:20 AM

May 2010
An episode? It was more like a play. A bad-paced one.

Nice cliffhanger but the development to it was off.
Dec 24, 2014 6:50 AM

Feb 2010
Wait, if a piece of the Legendary Crystal was inside Endymion/Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask, then how did Beryl and her men not find that when he was taken (Not that I wanted them to find it, but this just bothers me)? Was it inside him after being taken...? I'm kind of lost here...

To be honest, I didn't expect Beryl to be killed off like that. Although, I don't understand why she covered her eyes right before she died. It wasn't like Usagi stabbed her eyes or something.

I really hate to admit it, but I think this is my least favorite episode so far...that's really sad.
Dec 25, 2014 10:32 PM

Oct 2011
Cannot belive after they regained their memories they got killed T_T

Sailor Moon killing herself OMG.

AL19 said:
Wait, if a piece of the Legendary Crystal was inside Endymion/Mamoru/Tuxedo Mask, then how did Beryl and her men not find that when he was taken (Not that I wanted them to find it, but this just bothers me)? Was it inside him after being taken...? I'm kind of lost here...

To be honest, I didn't expect Beryl to be killed off like that. Although, I don't understand why she covered her eyes right before she died. It wasn't like Usagi stabbed her eyes or something.

I really hate to admit it, but I think this is my least favorite episode so far...that's really sad.

When Mamoru died. Sailor Moon gave aportion of the Legendary Silver Crystal to him. Queen Beryl then took him away. She tried to examine him but could not find it. Resurrects him and turn him evil.

Hmm I guessing she didn't want Prince Endomiyon/Mamoru to see how ugly she was before she died.
AnimeFan500Dec 25, 2014 10:36 PM
Dec 26, 2014 10:47 AM

Feb 2010
AnimeFan500 said:
AL19 said:

When Mamoru died. Sailor Moon gave aportion of the Legendary Silver Crystal to him. Queen Beryl then took him away. She tried to examine him but could not find it. Resurrects him and turn him evil.

Hmm I guessing she didn't want Prince Endomiyon/Mamoru to see how ugly she was before she died.

I stand corrected. :P
Dec 27, 2014 5:23 AM

Sep 2007
So Sailor Moon has committed suicide... twice?

I prefer the anime version. The climax of the first season actually had emotional weight.
Dec 27, 2014 7:05 AM

Apr 2011
Why does she likes to commit suicide again? The heck!?
Dec 27, 2014 10:49 AM

Jan 2012
I'm srsly pissed off with this series already... They should have killed the shitennou before. Their death was so random. "Venus...?" "*sudden death*" WHAT IS THE POINT??? ...I laughed so much in this scene because I couldn't take it srsly.

Also... Usagi: what a whiny brat. She ran straight to her death like a d_ck chaser even tho it was clear that her Mamo-chan wasn't really her Mamo-chan. And she killed herself again? Geez.
Dec 27, 2014 1:20 PM
Jun 2011
SaddyK said:
I'm srsly pissed off with this series already... They should have killed the shitennou before. Their death was so random. "Venus...?" "*sudden death*" WHAT IS THE POINT??? ...I laughed so much in this scene because I couldn't take it srsly.

Also... Usagi: what a whiny brat. She ran straight to her death like a d_ck chaser even tho it was clear that her Mamo-chan wasn't really her Mamo-chan. And she killed herself again? Geez.
she commited suicide in the manga as well just like this in the anime
Dec 28, 2014 3:01 AM

Jul 2009
Good episode, but it was a mixed bag.

What the hell it feels like their rushing this series towards the end of the arc. You just got Mamoru back on earth and already Queen Beryl perish and your already at the final boss arc Queen Metalia!?!

While it was interesting they revealed that Beryl is in love with Endymion and she was always looking after him, but man she already perished like that!?! I read here that Venus was the one who did it according to the manga. Even the scene implied she was about to kill her, then Usagi took the spotlight.

I have the manga, but haven't read it yet.

I feel as though their giving Usagi too much spotlight on this. Where's the team work?!?! Come on Usagi is not the only main character here despite the name of the franchise Sailor Moon.

Wtf with the Senshi Knights. So you telling me they got their memories back, only to be killed minutes later!?! WHAT O__O

Come on now, that's just cruel and stupid. I actually thought they showed their bodies decomposing that's why the girls were screaming and all.

And wow Usagi kills Mamo and herself again!?! So Venus will now be the MC again? :P

So this arc will end in 13 episodes!?!?! I mean JoJo's Bizarre Adventure they were able to fit Part 1 and Part 2 perfectly, but this has too much material to cover. It's disappointing to see this kind of treatment :(

Fucking Toei. They should just stick to the Manga source material instead of retconing and making stuff up. I wonder why is Naoko sensei allowing these kind of changes and treatment O__O

Oh well, at least we'll be getting to Chibiusa and the next arc for sure. I just hope they plan on covering the series till the end since you already started.

I also read they have multiple directors PER episode. WTF just stick to one so we can have one coherent vision instead of jumping from different directors to the next.

*Sigh i wish the Pecure team handling this show. Yes Precure or Fresh Precure treatment would have been better.

Can't wait for the last arc episode.
Dec 28, 2014 7:21 PM

Feb 2013
Caught up. and I Gotta say, It was a Cringefest.........BUT I LOVED IT
Jan 1, 2015 5:47 PM

Jul 2014
overall:
original earthling Beryl = (will be a cool and the) CUTEST COSPLAY EVER

i'm also disappointed with the 0% character development of the inner senshi team.
i was so happy to see the fragments of their past life, relationships, romance, whatever... then whoa, they stuck at "omg, Usagi-chan, protect her while they should be busy in searching within the mid of their memories etc. ummm, okey. :(
quaoar50kJan 1, 2015 5:52 PM
Jan 4, 2015 1:01 AM

Nov 2011
I don't understand why USAGI killed Beryl, not Minako.
Bad episode, it seems like senshi are nothing, just a useless part of anime :
Jan 4, 2015 10:11 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
Lol I don't even know where to begin with this episode. Oh boy it was horrendous.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 21, 2015 11:30 AM

Jan 2012
I'm really really REALLY disappointed with this series. It like full on bad shojo right now. I'm having so much fun watching it... if only to laugh out loud at how bad everything is. Wow, did those knight guys (I couldn't spell any of their names if I wanted to) just get blasted to death by a lightning bolt from the mangaka saying I don't want to have to deal with these subplots. I was laughing so hard went that happened. If it were a decent anime, I would probably be balling my eyes out. And whats with the graphics? Technically, its an improvement over the original. However, compared to a shit ton of anime coming out right now it looks like crap. They can't distract me with a couple of special effects. .... Its just not working for me. And its not that I hate shojo, though admititly I don't lean toward that genera at all. It just that this one is really bad. Maybe they should have played up the classic shojo vibe more like they do in the new series that have the classic shonen thing going on. If it were more over the top it would probably be better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2015 3:00 PM

Feb 2014
How convenient that most of their problems can be solved by pouring their hearts into their words...

I liked this episode better than the previous ones. Lots of drama and action!

Really, a Romeo and Julliet ending? Come one, why would Usagi kill herself as well? Usagi-baka
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2015 12:22 AM

Jan 2011
Iri said:
You know, I've been trying to cut this show some slack, despite its shortcomings. But then you end up with this:

I know the name of the show is 'Sailor Moon' and all, but taking Venus's key moment away is sort of symptomatic of this series's insistence of marginalizing everyone else except Usagi and Mamoru, which in my opinion is part of the reason why it's performing relatively poorly.

Oh, and Shitennou redemption with happy ending? Thanks for ruining Christmas, Toei.

Thanks for sharing that! I had no idea Venus was meant to kill Beryl because I have yet to read the original manga. I agree with the marginalizing of characters point, though. I think that was the sweet part about the original series..although there were lots of filler episodes, those episodes allowed you to get to know the other senshi. In this series, it's as though the other senshi barely have personalities and everyone is focused on Usagi and Mamoru.

The other senshi barely have time to even mourn over their lovers..they cry for like 10 seconds and shift back to focusing on Usagi. That part kinda bothered me because these girls loved those Knights..but that storyline is barely touched upon due to everyone worrying about Sailor Moon.

And Usagi stabbing herself in the end? WHY
Aug 18, 2015 4:15 PM
Dec 2009
This episode felt almost like the final episode... haha. So much stuff moving so quickly.

I actually feel bad for Beryl, I think many of us know how it feels to like someone who is "so close, but so far".

Also I find it weird that they are changing things from the manga. I thought this adaption was supposed to be MORE true to the manga...?
Sep 28, 2015 6:40 PM
Apr 2015
Sorry, but no. I don't think Sailor Moon was indirectly helping Venus at all. Venus pretty much had no problem with killing Beryl there. I think it was more of Endymion reacting to Usagi's voice, while Venus killed Beryl by herself at the same time, then Endymion looks at Beryl as she dies, that's who he looks at, and Beryl recalls how she watched him from afar, maybe Endymion saw that too in a way.

Yes, Sailor Moon did steal Venus' moment in Crystal, because Toei just neutered and watered down Venus to give Sailor Moon the spotlight.

Sorry, but what you're saying just sounds like an excuse or a way to defend Crystal.
Oct 10, 2015 12:37 PM

Jul 2011
Seiya-Meteorite said:
Sorry, but no. I don't think Sailor Moon was indirectly helping Venus at all. Venus pretty much had no problem with killing Beryl there. I think it was more of Endymion reacting to Usagi's voice, while Venus killed Beryl by herself at the same time, then Endymion looks at Beryl as she dies, that's who he looks at, and Beryl recalls how she watched him from afar, maybe Endymion saw that too in a way.

Yes, Sailor Moon did steal Venus' moment in Crystal, because Toei just neutered and watered down Venus to give Sailor Moon the spotlight.

Sorry, but what you're saying just sounds like an excuse or a way to defend Crystal.

Totally agree. This moment was a major disappointment for me. This moment should demonstrate that Venus has inner strength and leadership qualities in her if done right. But poor character development (aside Usagi and Mamoru) is one of the worst problems of the SMC.
Nov 26, 2015 1:14 PM
Apr 2015
Well, I´m gonna be more explicite about my opinion of this scene in crystal and the manga. But before that, I´m gonna reveal my opinion about Minako and Usagi. The point that many of you do not like to discuss but since all of you have the right to gave your opinions, I have mine too. Sailor Venus is my 3º favourite character, since Usagi is my 2º.The first is Tuxedo Mask, in both animes and manga. She was the amazing Sailor V, which manga I love and I find more humorous than Sailor Moon´s manga. But both stories are differents so I think is a mistake compare them. Sailor V manga is more adventurous and Sailor Moon manga is more romantic and fighter. Just love them like they are. Is the best. But Minako is a character that annoys me a little. Well, I like her as a normal girl, I like her as a senshi, I love her beauty, but I don´t apreciate her as a leader, just like many of you defend her or just like Naoko made her. Shocking? Well, is just a different opinion of yours. Why I don´t apreciate her leadership? Because I find her to much authoritarian and militar to the senshi when she leads them, like if they were her submissives and not her friends. Honestly, I don´t find the senshi with so much will to follow Venus leadership more when they follow Sailor Moon. All of you say so good things about Venus and forgive her mistakes so much easily than Usagi´s and sometimes I thing is because Usagi is in her place as protagonist and you find it outrageous. But, even in Sailor V manga, I find Minako much more insensitive than Usagi even towards Artemis. When she kicked brutally Makoto when she was hypnotized, or when she fought with Tuxedo Mask, attacking Motoki too in that brutal way, well, even if I found it brave, I found it also to much brutal. In Crystal was Rey who hit Makoto, and thank godness that wasn´t Minako having all the merits in that battle, but at least, Rey showed more preocupation towards Makoto than Minako in manga. And when she contradicted the senshi about the other´s senshi intensions in Infinit arc? If it wasn´t for Usagi heart and faith in others goodness, I´m sure that Minako would have done something that she would regret later to the other´s senshis. If I had someone leading me like Venus leads the senshi, giving me orders like that, I would arrive to a point when I would ask her ” Who the hell do you think you are?”, Answer: “I was the biggest Sailor V so I´m a better fighter than you”. Next question: ” That is true, but that makes us your submissives?”. Well, of course not. They are all brave and they have their unique speciality and that is a point that I always though that Naoko could have shown more in manga. The biggest moment that I dislike Venus authoritarianism is when she orders the senshi to sacrifice their pens ( lifes ) to bring Sailor Moon back to life. Of course this was Sailor Moon fault for commited suicide but, why didn´t Sailor Venus decided to sacrificed just herself and let the others live, like many times Usagi does, trying to save the others instead of her? I thing Venus makes to many decisions for the others and puts to much pressure on them.

And now biggest point of all. The difference between Beryl´s death in manga and Crystal. The biggest debate. Well. I confess that with the following of Crystal´s episodes I was expecting and with excitement to see Venus killing Beryl with the sword. But I didn´t became disappointed seeing Sailor Moon doing it. Why? Well, I admit that this was a very disrespectful act towards Venus. Its was a very irractional and impulsive way to steal the merit of a character. All of you and me wanted to see the old Sailor V and a non-protagonist character to kill a major enemy. But, lets think a little more about all this. Sailor Venus had her OWN manga where she acted completely alone with all the attentions centered in her. Everything was just for her. She was the only protagonist. She had lots of moments of glory all for her, without sharing it with others, so, may I ask, why she had to have another moment of glory like that in a story where the protagonist was another? Why Sailor Moon has to share so much her protagonism with the others? Because she isn´t alone? Well if its because of that reason, why the others senshi didn´t had the same attention that Sailor Moon and Venus had? Because they don´t have them in the manga so that much, just like many of you said. Why Naoko didn´t centered more and with firmness the other senshi qualities like the old anime did in the episodes where they were the protagonists, what I think was fair? Is true that they missed to convert Venus the leader, but I think it was fair that they turned them more equal. And even in Venus episodes we can see her bravery, a bravery that I don´t see in the others. The same way that wasn´t fair that the Mercury, Mars and Jupiter were kidnapped by the blackmoon gang, leaving Venus with Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask. After all, it was because of that that chibiusa didn´t received the attention that she deserved in manga and in crystal. All the senshi were needed and in that way, they could have centered the travel to the future with their true mission, save Chibiusa´s mother. So, thinking in all this? It was so that unfair that was Usagi the one who killed Beryl? Because there are other moments were we can see Venus leader´s skills, and believe me that I prefer her as a leader in Crystal than in the manga for being more humble. And the moment that I most loved that moment, was when she asked to Chibiusa to take them to the future. In manga I didn´t apreciated that part so much. Why? Because I found it to much humiliating to Sailor Moon, and is funny because it seems that many of you like to see that, but I don´t find it fair. Not that I didn´t found Usagi smarter all the time, because she is and very much, just like when she looked to the glasses to see Jupiter attackers, when she was kinapped. When she understhood that Calaveras was lying in that video, because she became shocked with what she listened, when she felt Rubeus presence when he was about to attack Chibiusa… Usagi is very smart and brave in manga. And I love her developmente in both animes. But I think that Venus interfiers to much in Usagi´s protagonism. I would have killed Toei if they would take Venus moment when she decided that they needed to go to the future but, the way she did it in the manga like, ” I´m the leader, let me pass, I´m smarter and you are not “, well, bravery is needed but underestimate the others´s intelligence it isn´t. So thats why I prefer that moment in Crystal and not in manga.

And I think that Sailor Moon deserved more to use the Holy sword than Venus. Why? Because I find her a better leader than Venus. Because while I find Sailor Venus to much authoritarian, Sailor Moon treats her friends in an equal way. All of them are important to her. When I saw Usagi holding that sword, asking for the others help, seeing them following her without complaining, completely devoted to her, not just like when they questioned Venus when she ordered them to sacrificed their pens; believing in Usagi´s cause, in that moment I saw a real leader. A leader as a soldier, as princess and as a queen. Sorry guys but, for me, Sailor Moon is the leader, no matter what you say about Venus. I respect your opinions when you trust in Venus but, I really don´t apreciate her as a leader.

Many of you would say that Venus deserved to shine for a moment in Sailor Moon because she is the leader and after her manga had suffered a big injustice when it was supposed to create a Sailor V anime and that failed, but, Naoko had the opportunity to create another Sailor V manga or continue Minako jorney as protagonist as Sailor Venus by her own. She had the freedom to chose between begin a story with a new protagonist, or continue Minako´s story, but she compromised with another protagonist by her own choice, a protagonist that I always admired my all life. So, I think it wasn´t so unfair to be Usagi the one to use the sword instead of Venus. Of course it wasn´t fair at all, stealing Venus moment of Glory in sush a brutal way but, if was a balance that was required, then the other senshi deserved the same balance. And maybe we can take a lesson from that moment, in a way that we need to know when we need to count with or friends in the right moment.

Don´t get me wrong, guys. I love Venus, I really do. She is my 3º favourite character. I love her as Venus and V. Is just I think she interfiers to much with Usagi protagonism and is to much privileged compared to the others. Maybe I´m being unfair, maybe I´m complaining of the developtment of a story that isn´t mind, but I really thing that Venus needed to soften her authoritarianism a little. But I´ve to respect the manga.
Dec 6, 2015 3:30 PM
Apr 2015
Seiya-Meteorite said:

Hey! Respect the others opinions. If you don´t like seeing Sailor Moon killing Beryl thats with you. You just have to respect and not offend the others who have a different opinion of yours. No one is giving escuses. Only sharing different tastes. So. If you can´t have the maturity to respect the others, don´t you even bother to answer.
Feb 12, 2016 4:56 AM

Apr 2012
"Crap, the shitennou are good guys now, time to kill them"
-sends giant vaporizing laser-
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 29, 2017 6:24 PM

Aug 2007
Thirteen episode arc climaxes only feel powerful if you are connected to the character. If not for childhood nostalgia, this would have absolutely zero emotional pull. Argh, I sound like a broken record, but they REALLY should have did a middle ground by making this arc 26 episodes.

Mar 10, 2019 11:11 AM

Apr 2009
Someone needs to slip the Suicide Hotline phone number in Usagi's pocket. She wants to be treated like a normal school girl, but if she really was one, then she'd get thrown into a mental hospital so fast for attempted suicide(twice).
Mar 6, 2020 6:26 AM

Apr 2014
Gotta say, it's not great to pair "Be Proud and Confident of being Sailor Moon" with "Commit Suicide again". That's really not a great 'message' to put out into anything, whether this is or isn't aimed at children/young teens.
Apr 20, 2023 2:30 PM

Nov 2019
holy shit this version is way more badass than the old one sometimes

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.