Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 14, 2014 12:28 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting first meeting. Both are strong. It seemed like Suzuki-san's character got advantage, but KajiKaji's character won. Titan girl saw him somehow released the power to crime. Titan girl vs. Kimura-san's character. A green hair guy spotted, newly appeared member of Nanatsu no Taizai?! (I heard that the seiyuu who voiced him was Yuuhei Takagi)

Kimura-san's character using his wind/tornado power (lol @ Sukebe comments), and she used her power to win. KajiKaji's character vs. drunk old guy. Wait, he was also part of Nanatsu no Taizai?? He admitted loss because he heard that KajiKaji's character wanted to protect. Titan girl vs. KajiKaji's character next.

Inoue-san's character after obtaining power is different.

lol @ chibi preview part about Sukebe comment again.
tsubasaloverDec 14, 2014 4:02 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 14, 2014 12:28 AM

Nov 2011
Wow what an episode. Intense battles and now never to mess with the captain and the others.
Dec 14, 2014 1:43 AM
Mar 2014
When are the episodes realesed? And Where can i find them?
Dec 14, 2014 2:27 AM

Jan 2013
I don't even...

what was that final?

My most expected anime of the year and A1 made me drop this bullshit
Dec 14, 2014 2:53 AM
Jun 2014
What the...

Did they really adapt 6! freakin chapters into a single episode, plus that green haired Gowther?

Screw A-1! >.<
Dec 14, 2014 3:22 AM

Nov 2012
I actually think this episode was pretty okay (despite the rush). If you think about it; the 6 chapters they adapted were more or less just made up of fighting panels and if you take the sin's speed into regard: One chapter that took you about ten minutes to read would only be about 2 minutes in animation.
It was pretty decent. Unless you want them to adapt all the scenes panel for panel, turning it into a 23 minute slow-mo fight that is.

I am a bit disappointed about the fact that they introduced Gowther so early though (which means they will probably not animate his arc and skip important character development for ALL SINS, him included) and was a bit surprised by his voice, but I couldn't help fangirling~ -w-
Dec 14, 2014 4:46 AM

Mar 2014
Forever_A said:
I don't even...

what was that final?

My most expected anime of the year and A1 made me drop this bullshit

This Anime is pretty much original at this point......Here's hoping we get a re-make sometime after this "Adaption" finishes. Like seriously how hard is it to make a consistent manga adaption these days? :/ Ugh, at-least the Manga is great. Guess we'll have that to look forward to every week instead

Dec 14, 2014 5:51 AM

Oct 2013
At this point, I'm just interested in how the anime plans to handle things up to the end. There's no need to be so disappointed, imo. We still have the manga. And when it comes to the things they do faithfully adapt, I have no complaints. Like the Mel vs Ban fight this episode, was almost panel for panel.

I say this but the omission of
and
as well as the other things like
and
and Veronica's introduction are enough to make a fan of the source material scream in disappointment.
Dec 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Jun 2009
I was surprised that the but soo many fights In one episode but I still loved the way they did it
Dec 14, 2014 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
So A-1 Akame Ga Killd NNT?

At least Gowthers voice seemed fine.

Dec 14, 2014 10:03 AM
Dec 2014
It was cool watch Ban vs Meliodas :)
Dec 14, 2014 10:23 AM

Sep 2011
Haven't seen it yet but did they really divert that much from the manga....that blows. I just started reading this manga recently (at chapter 51) and I'm really liking it. It's so damn hard to get a good adaptation of anything nowadays.
Dec 14, 2014 11:03 AM

Aug 2010
I don't see why the bitching about this ep in particular? Yes they adapted 6 chaps but they were pretty much all fighting and they adapted most of the fights panel by panel.

Only thing they left out (ofc other than the pendant) was Diane growing slightly bigger and they added the Gowther scenes (Now that I understand. They're probably gonna skip that arc aren't they)...Tbh I wouldn't mind THAT much. Who cares about those stupid kids anyway <_<

As for this ep...lots of fun :3 Loved the Mel vs Ban fight a lot :D The hand breaking punch and the attack that sent Ban flying after crushing his arm was epic! >.<! Dem holes!! XD And their first meeting was fun :D Well this was enjoyable since u rarely see 2 MCs duking it out full power.

Diane vs Hauser was nice. Loved how Diane stopped his punch with one hand. That scene was epic! King being jelly of her and Hauser getting along after the fight was lol :3

Ban paying the bitches to get Diane jelly so the fight gets exciting was lol XD

So yeah as an ep it was nice. I do fear for the future. The way I see it is that they'll skip the Gowther arc (Maybe just give him an ep or 2) and have around 10-11 eps for the Liones arc. I honestly wouldn't mind but the stuff they skipped over is a bit irritating esp since it could've got covered in a few minutes :(
Dec 14, 2014 12:57 PM
Apr 2014
They're skipping the Gowther arc now too?
Yo what's up with these garbage shonen adaptations these days, and this series was extremely popular before it even got an anime, why would you ruin it's anime adaptation?
Dec 14, 2014 2:40 PM

Jun 2013
LOl...How Meliodas made Ban remember earlier fight....!!! XD hilarious!!! and looks like first meeting between those 2 was as hilarious as later meetings!!! XD Meliodas literally beat the Crap out of Ban.

O.O maan...this is real Fight.... Awesome.
Zero Episodes left for the potential Opening change. or at least editions to this Opening to cover later arriving characters, situations and Sins...hey we are halfway there so, it is possible.

Ban's Holy Power is really powerful if you can use it right...Hell, With it even weak knight could most likely kill Diamond and Platinum Class (Hauser's and Gilthunder's ranks) Holy Knight if the situation were right.

Damn...that Counter must have hurt like hell. And Meliodas....you really are perverted...as always..

Who the hell was that 4-eyes? Better nit turn some kind OC Filler story....rest of the Anime I mean.....Wait is that!?!?!?!! hah, almost forgot that...
Lol...Diana's face when she got Hauser's attack...damn funny. Tough looks like Power of the Earth was stronger than a Wind and Tornado's.

Looks like what ever happened in that kingdom came haunt Meliodas.

This was rather interesting Episode....looks like things are going to move fast.
JarjaxleDec 15, 2014 9:27 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 14, 2014 6:38 PM

Sep 2013
From what I'm reading this was anime original material?
Can somebody tell what was canon and what wasn't?

Thinking of reading the manga. I'm pretty interested in the story.
Dec 14, 2014 7:15 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, wonder what's up with that ending and the glasses-kun. Was that big guy a seven sin?

The fight between Meliodas and Ban was nice, as to be expected. It was even more brutal than I thought it would. Ban power is really neat too. It fit pretty well for greed.

It's nice to finally see some holy knights that aren't total jerks. That tornado man was pretty cool. Elizabeth sister seem very caring too. But I wonder how she can side with the holy knight while they keep her family in hostage...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 14, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2012
Avok said:
From what I'm reading this was anime original material?
Can somebody tell what was canon and what wasn't?

Thinking of reading the manga. I'm pretty interested in the story.

It's not going down a different route or anything as of now, they're just cutting content and due to that rearranging events, because where they want to end the show would require three cours, not two.
Dec 14, 2014 9:29 PM

Dec 2013
Wow, this is freaking amazing! That fight lived up the hype.

So glad i'm not a manga reader, bc this has been a lot of fun!

Best ED of the season, actually it's better than the OP, lol

5/5
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 14, 2014 9:43 PM
Dec 2014
I just saw the raw version, Meliodas vs Ban wasn't as epic as it was in the manga, it was still good, maybe I would have felt for the fight better if Yasuharu Takanashi was the composer for this series instead of Hiroyuki Sawano, I swear, without vocals Hiroyuki Sawano can't compose for shit, his work is mediocre to shit at best, he's really overrated and the Seven Deadly Sins is a amazing manga and it deserves better music than what it's having.

The animation/artwork seem to have dropped in quality compare to the previous episodes, A-1 Pictures are just rushing through the series faster pacing than the manga.

I didn't care for Matrona(Diane) vs Hauser and Meliodas vs Cain.
TaizaiWarriorDec 14, 2014 9:46 PM
Dec 15, 2014 12:25 AM

Mar 2013
Good episode. Yes, they're cutting things, probably so they could end anime at chapter 103. I have nothing against it. They didn't cut anything serious so far.
Dec 15, 2014 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
AntonKutovoi said:
They didn't cut anything serious so far.

Of course not. Just go with a run rampant stumbling with everything just for the sake to cover most of the chapters without care about tell a story or any art at all.
Dec 15, 2014 4:38 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome as usual. Always a pleasure to watch this anime. A perfect sequence of fight, ecchi and revelations ! :)
Dec 15, 2014 8:43 AM

Mar 2012
Ohoh, Gowther soon. Amazing fights too.
Dec 15, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
srs? still no subs? I've been looking forward to this episode ALL WEEK and THIS is the week subbers get lazy? smfh

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 15, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
Zadion said:
srs? still no subs? I've been looking forward to this episode ALL WEEK and THIS is the week subbers get lazy? smfh

I always watch the RAW first now, and watch the subbed later to see if my japanese IS actually improving :P

Maybe you should start doing something alike if you truly like this show as much.
Dec 15, 2014 3:13 PM

Mar 2013
Zadion said:

Heh, and I'm having quite hilarious situation, when I have Russian subs way before English ones. It doesn't happen very often.
Dec 15, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
FBI Subs are out, if you didn't know already.
Dec 15, 2014 6:10 PM

Dec 2014
It was an okay episode. I don't like the idea of adapting 6 chapters. Yeah, it was mostly fights, and they go by fast. But A1 just makes everything so fast paced, that it doesn't have the same effect that it did in the manga.

The Meliodas vs Ban fight was pretty cool (Just not as awesome as it was in the manga). Diane vs Hauser looked cooler in the manga and Cain vs Meliodas was a lot better in the manga. I can't explain it, but it just seemed more powerful I guess...

Gowther already? Okay, it might just be fanservice for the Gowther fangirls in Japan.. I hope so. I really don't want them to skip his whole arc... Wait.. Crap! I forgot, it's A1, they're most likely gonna do it anyways and we'll skip straight to the Infiltration arc.

The animation was okay. But A1 can do much better. It seems like all of their work is going into SAO. Nanatsu no Taizai deserves better, and specially since the art in the manga is great. A1 always treats Shonen like crap and I don't like it.

I know, I'm being a bit too critical, but A1 just pisses me off sometimes. Skipping foreshadowing, chapters/events, characterization etc. Is it that hard to adapt everything?

You know what.. I don't care. All that matter is that it gets more fans into the manga. And I think the anime has been doing that...
Dec 15, 2014 7:24 PM

Sep 2011
I can't believe thur actually skipping/combing Gowther's arc into this one, why?

The manga has received a great sales boost just like Tokyo Ghoul did and because TG's anime screwed up it's getting an alternate reality sequel now instead of a proper adaptation, I don't wanna see Nanatsu suffer the same fate.

This Byzel Arc or even Gowther's arc after it is two perfect spots to end a season and considering the Kingdom infiltration arc is 40-43 chapters long + has King's flashback story that's plenty of material to adapt a whole new season. So why are they rushing this so much.

I really thought this was gonna be the next long runner from A-1 just like how they extended the Fairy Tail anime after seeing it's popularity, if not that then at least extended to 48 episodes and run a year. Taizai is more popular than Fairy Tail now, you just have to look at the top 30 manga sales of the year to see it.

Now if they do decide to do season 2 wur gonna have to wait about 3 years for the manga to produce enough content since A1 likes to rush through 100 chapters in one go plus they'll have to come up with all sorts of asspulls and plot holes to get the stuff thur potentially about to leave out back into the series..

Manga stuff they might cut out now is

Dec 15, 2014 7:25 PM

Nov 2014
all those fight were awesome ! judging by all the posts above, seems they skipped 6 chapters in this episode. good thing i dont read the manga so i wont get upset and such. n whoa next episode we will get to see new sin? can't wait till next week
Dec 15, 2014 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, the comedy is always spot on for me with this series. Loved the Hausser fight and his unintentional dirty jokes. Looking forward to see how the tournament ends, looks like trouble on the way

Dec 15, 2014 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
That fight between Meliodas and Ban is decent. The fight is more epic in the manga.

They made Gowther made his debut at the end. They combined Gowther arc into this one and skipping his arc. Then that's too bad. I really want to see Gowther arc being animate.
removed-userDec 15, 2014 8:11 PM
Dec 15, 2014 8:23 PM

Sep 2013
Should I just jump right off into the manga or it is better if I wait until the anime is over?
Dec 15, 2014 8:44 PM

Aug 2014
Ay, dat 'Gowzer' stole Bowzer..
Dec 15, 2014 8:48 PM

Jul 2007
Avok said:
Should I just jump right off into the manga or it is better if I wait until the anime is over?

I'm wondering the same. Additionally, if it'd be best to just start from Chapter 1...
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Dec 15, 2014 8:50 PM
Dec 2014
Avok said:

i re-read this series 3 times, to make sure i not miss something, and to make for some thing.
and btw anime already skip a lot great moments (yes it's just filler but it's great), and now look like they will change some story.
so it's not a problem if you just want to anime watcher only.
Dec 15, 2014 10:07 PM

Jan 2014
Sugoi!! :D Meliodas being amazing as always~ ^^
Dec 15, 2014 10:10 PM

Jan 2012
animefan8800Dec 15, 2014 10:28 PM
Dec 15, 2014 10:20 PM

Aug 2012
animefan8800 said:

Dec 15, 2014 10:21 PM

Oct 2011
Melodias and Ban literally destroyed the field and everything else OMG!!!!

I was on the edge of my seat. Black tattoo : 0 Melodias hidden power?

Hause such a pervert

Cain finding the truth about the incident

Ban bribing the girls to make Diane jelly OMFG XDDD

Jericho what is up with that outfit. Guila here too.

Gowlier appers next time OMG
Dec 15, 2014 10:30 PM

Jan 2012
Watashii said:
animefan8800 said:

animefan8800Dec 15, 2014 10:34 PM
Dec 16, 2014 12:16 AM

Sep 2014
Best episode so far. I LOVED the episode so much! Meliodas and Ban's fight was simply brilliant, from start to finish. I can't wait to see how Gowther's introduced soon. As for Jericho, I'm curious to see just how powerful she's become after drinking the demon's blood.
Dec 16, 2014 1:07 AM

Apr 2013
great episode too bad i have to read that they are cutting alot of stuff
Dec 16, 2014 1:30 AM

Sep 2010
Loved the episode, looks like Gowther made an appearance.
Definitely checking out the manga, most likely after the anime ends.
Dec 16, 2014 2:04 AM

Dec 2013
I really love the level of randomness in this show
Dec 16, 2014 6:40 AM

Dec 2011
That was an anticlimactic final. Hahaha.
Wanna see more of the Holy Knights and the new sin, Gowther.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2014 7:26 AM

Jun 2014
Good one Ban

Dec 16, 2014 7:32 AM

Dec 2013
Anon1409 said:
I really love the level of randomness in this show

Also, that soundtrack dayummm
Dec 16, 2014 8:16 AM

Jan 2013
Those people want DBZ or what? Do you really expect that those fights takes several episodes? Bitch somewhere else.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2014

327 by Klumbdolt »»
Apr 22, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 22, 2015

175 by SilverHawk13 »»
Apr 11, 11:29 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

114 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:41 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2014

143 by borodino21 »»
Apr 7, 12:07 PM

» Do people actually like this? (Spoilers)

infinite_Shadows - Mar 14

30 by _Krypteia_ »»
Mar 23, 8:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.