Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2014 1:53 PM
May 2014
It all ends the next episode...Loving that Kougami scene
Dec 11, 2014 1:54 PM

Jul 2012
All those passengers......lel.
Anyways....Oh! We saw.....whats his face.....Kougami! D: That's cool, but I really thought it was him and not just an illusion of some sort. :/

Oh well~~~
Akane finally finds out the whole truth behind this Kamui kid, and we are left off with this cliffhanger of....who's gonna kill who? o-o
Kamui......or.....Tougane.....who's gonna win? o-o
Dec 11, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
yeah... this season feels like a wash. kirito turned out alright...
tougane though was incredibly lackluster. i still dont even know why he bothers lol.
akane so op now.
in the end... yeah... lets get this over with lol.
Dec 11, 2014 2:02 PM

Nov 2013
I absolutely loathe that Shimotsuki has been shown in the movie trailer - she ain't dying in the last episode. There's literally no way her character will be redeemed for me in one more episode, if there's anything the writer is good at it's making me hate things. Fuck knows what is happening next, it all seems rather irrelevant because of the movie details.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Dec 11, 2014 2:03 PM

Dec 2011
Hello there, Kougami. I know it was only Akane's illusion but still.

They really went and killed Akane's grandmother.... such a shame that she was introduced only to be killed.

Pretty decent from Akane to figure it out that fast, and also another credit for her to not go into rampaging mode (but eh, to be honest, we know she won't).

A showdown between Kirito and Tougane. Knife or Dominator? Which one is faster?

One more episode.....

Darkdrone said:

Kamui just so happens to know the location of the Togane and Akane meetup. Why? Because plot thats why.

Just in case you missed it, Akane sent him the map of the underground along with the place they're supposed to meet when she called him (before Kasei interrupted).
Dec 11, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2014
Wow a lot of things were revealed and brought to light here. Also a lot of talking had been done and is a pretty nice build up episode to that "pastiche" end.

To start, I think the ideas are starting to come together. The fact that Kamui is reaching his goal, the Togane Foundation, all that. Very nice in establishing the ties between them with the story.

Story's getting pretty exciting now. We know his goal and we know that Society vs Man conflict is going on. I can't wait to see how it unravels.

The end though, So much like Kogami. Sigh. I miss him.

4/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2014 2:39 PM
May 2014
Fireego said:
She supposedly turns black, but because of freakin' Kougami, she remains clear. (^_^)

Why do you assume she was turned "black" for even a moment?
I seem to remember that they showed at one point that she can be as angry/upset/whatever she
"wants to" without affecting her PP much. Ah, and as for her contemplating whether to waste him
or not affecting the PP.. She must've done the same when Makeshima did her friend in, and she was
still within the limit. She was even within the limits during the memoryscoping in S1.
konatachan80Dec 11, 2014 2:43 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Dec 11, 2014 2:41 PM
Oct 2014

Get in the Sibyl System.
Dec 11, 2014 2:50 PM
Aug 2013
I cant believe there's only one more episode left!
Psycho Pass 2 was definitely the anime of the season for me :)
The last few episodes gave me the chills like crazy!!!!!
I hope we'll see Kogami in the next ep as well (and maybe in season 3? if there will be one)...

Its really nice to see how Tsunemori became more mature and connected to Kogami.

Also, i understand why everybody hate on Shimotsuki but really i think she's a victim and that she just does not fit to her job :/
Dec 11, 2014 2:51 PM

Oct 2014
Oh my god!! That ending!!! From the sound of the shoot it seems that it hit something else, maybe the little knife Tougane was holding or maybe Kamui just missed or Akane made Kamui miss in some way (the most probable option because Akane is the protagonist so she must have her part too haha)
Every episode with great ending!!!
Glad to see Kougami again! :D ( even though it's just Akane's imagination ).
Mika is out of herself... becoming Enforcer?
Togane is really a b****** (Hope that Tougane VS Kirito --> Kirito Winner)

Anyway waiting for the last episode!!!!
Can't believe Season 2 is almost over T_T
Dec 11, 2014 2:52 PM
Nov 2014
Damn, what a beast episode. 5/5.
Dec 11, 2014 2:53 PM

Nov 2013
twoheadedmona said:

Get in the Sibyl System.

BEST POST :o

Dec 11, 2014 3:05 PM
Nov 2014
Darkdrone said:

Kamui just so happens to know the location of the Togane and Akane meetup. Why? Because plot thats why.

Why in god's fuck would Kamui confront Togane? His entire goal was to make Sibyl judge itself but yet here he is taking an unnecessary risk. Kamui has officially gone full retard this episode and I feel it is just shame the writing staff had to ruin his character like that.

Kamui knows the location of Akane because she gave him a map pointing at where she wanted them to meet.

And, Kamui wants to kill Togane because he's on his way. I mean, Akane said she would help him achieve his goal of judging Sibyl. Togane being there is just an obstacle.

BTW, Kamui isn't a bad antagonist. Think of it, Makishima was lonely because he rejected society, he preferred his own way of looking things and felt rejection towards the "livestock" of society for becoming so dependant on Sibyl. Instead, while Kamui is also lonely, it's not because he wants to, not because he rejects society, but because society rejected him. The system doesn't even recognize him as a human being at all. And that made people ignore him too, because if they would accept him, a person that doesn't exist for Sibyl,they would be doubting the system. Kamui said he even commited crimes in order to get recognition from society. So this kinda, revenge plot, that is to make Sibyl unable to judge people anymore, so that everyone can be like him, free of Sibyl's judgement and rules, and he can be recognized by all the people again. I do think that Makishima is much more likeable than Kamui, because he had a lot more screen time than him. But still, s2 is a great story imo.

Besides, the colective entity thing on this episode was interesting too.
Dec 11, 2014 3:15 PM

Jun 2009
somehow I hope tougane dies just yet it would be too simple too kill him off like this + this could be athe one and only fight we see in this season soo hope it gets good +
Dec 11, 2014 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
Gotta love the polarised responses people have for this series. It feels as though some people are biased towards it, no matter the plot holes, because it has the Psycho-Pass name on it, while others are sick of it because it holds the Psycho-Pass name and yet has so many plot holes that it diminishes the quality of the series overall.

I've only finished the first series, though, so I really don't know anything. I probably just won't ever watch Psycho-Pass 2, which is a damn shame.
Dec 11, 2014 3:36 PM

Feb 2014
"I'm not at fault. I'm not at fault. I'm not.." Sure Mika, if you say so...
Yay! Kougami "appears" and saves Akane from falling into depravity.
Nice deductive skills as always inspector, you can't fall for such cheap tricks.
Damn that cliffhanger!! o( >.<)o
:)
Dec 11, 2014 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
chakracat said:
I hope Akane kills both Togami and Kamui.

Lol I dunno about that. If that happened, Akane's developments become ashes lol.

Man will the Sibyl System fall? It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Dec 11, 2014 3:57 PM
May 2014
Beaver897 said:
Gotta love the polarised responses people have for this series. It feels as though some people are biased towards it, no matter the plot holes, because it has the Psycho-Pass name on it, while others are sick of it because it holds the Psycho-Pass name and yet has so many plot holes that it diminishes the quality of the series overall.

I've only finished the first series, though, so I really don't know anything. I probably just won't ever watch Psycho-Pass 2, which is a damn shame.

I wonder how you can say that all the hate is correct if you haven't watched the series?
Being biased against the series before even watching it, isn't that alot worse than those that actually
bothered to watch it before opening their "mouth"? Whether they like it or not is another matter.

Btw, I like this series.
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Dec 11, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2013
how the hell is there only 1 episode left? :(

Seriously this series went by so fast, I didn't realize there was only 1 episode until after I finished the ep. It's a shame cause I was really enjoying this series too, oh well at least I have that movie to look forward too.

I too also want Akane to clean house and just kill both those fuckers. Both sides of the law are dicks and deserve to die. Oh, man what if Akane goes ROUGE after this?? That would be fucking awesome! Seriously cannot wait for the next episode; expectations are high but I hope they'll be met :D

Anyone else always leave the credits rolling cause of the Egoist song? I remember back when the fist season aired I never skipped the credits cause of Egoist and here they go and do it again.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 11, 2014 4:00 PM

Jul 2014
Damn that cliffhanger !!

Don't miss ever second of it, what a good damn episode that was.

I really can't wait for the final eps next week. A battle between Kamui VS Tougane.
Dec 11, 2014 4:04 PM

Jan 2013
This has been getting hot lately, it's a shame that there's only one episode left.
They finally made things interesting, it should be 2 cours like the first season.
I would like to see hell breaking lose on a second part, leading to the events of the movie...

Oh well... Can't wait to see what will happen next episode.
Dec 11, 2014 4:05 PM

May 2014
Beaver897 said:

Season 1 was riddled with its own problems, and imo its not that much better than 2. I actually found season 1 to be far more predictable overall.

Season 2 helps answer questions and expand on the story.

If you take opinions here at face value, you'll have a hard time making decisions. I would say most of the fanboy hate on s2 is exaggerated though. People are going apeshit over the most trivial of things from what I've seen.

Only you can decide by watching season 2 and deciding if it's for you.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 11, 2014 4:10 PM
Oct 2009
BWAAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA!
That was just so retarded... The police are using bombs from the guy who is known to work with Kirito!? xD Kasei wants to actually kill Kirito now?!? She was actively helping him before by not cancelling Shisui's license and saying she doesn't think it's worth doing anything xD Akane randomly knows about everything in the world even though we never, at any point, saw she had any hint of anything? Akane has hallucinations of Kougami again? Go see a doctor, like seriously. And her grandma existed for the sole purpose of getting killed, that's so pathetic! And that whole 'paradox' thing is so disconnected from what's going on! I wish they'd stop using it cause seriously it's just confusing! And then... and then hahaha... and then Kirito is supposedly the same as a bunch of brains in a machine because he had brain surgery xDD This magic science is amazing!

Even though I had decided I at least would enjoy Tougane's handsome face, he's just getting so dumb... I don't even care about any of these characters anymore. Kill them, Writer-San, put them out of their misery. Release them from this horrendous writing.
Dec 11, 2014 4:17 PM
Mar 2013
Suzie said:
BWAAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA!
That was just so retarded... The police are using bombs from the guy who is known to work with Kirito!? xD Kasei wants to actually kill Kirito now?!? She was actively helping him before by not cancelling Shisui's license and saying she doesn't think it's worth doing anything xD Akane randomly knows about everything in the world even though we never, at any point, saw she had any hint of anything? Akane has hallucinations of Kougami again? Go see a doctor, like seriously. And her grandma existed for the sole purpose of getting killed, that's so pathetic! And that whole 'paradox' thing is so disconnected from what's going on! I wish they'd stop using it cause seriously it's just confusing! And then... and then hahaha... and then Kirito is supposedly the same as a bunch of brains in a machine because he had brain surgery xDD This magic science is amazing!

Even though I had decided I at least would enjoy Tougane's handsome face, he's just getting so dumb... I don't even care about any of these characters anymore. Kill them, Writer-San, put them out of their misery. Release them from this horrendous writing.

+10 this shit is just nonsense!
Dec 11, 2014 4:18 PM

Jan 2014
I don't think Tougane will die, I think the chief will override the order so he won't die (like how she made the dominator become a decomposer last season, except reversed.) maybe then the rest of the Sybil system will realize Touganes mom is letting her personal feelings influence her actions and send someone else up to be the chief :o
Dec 11, 2014 4:38 PM

Jan 2014
shirenz said:
twoheadedmona said:

Get in the Sibyl System.

BEST POST :o

O hey there. That looks like the screenshot I posted this morning before I left for work.
Dec 11, 2014 4:41 PM
Mar 2012
My take on this season is that the new director basically misinterpreted what was good about S1 and tried to amplify those elements in S2. Considering Urobuchi is directing the movie, this season basically just feels like filler to add hype for it; which basically ends up making PP S2 feel pretty worthless.

Not saying it's terrible and complete trash; there are definitely times where I felt that same rush of adrenaline you get from watching PP S1 (and this episode is definitely one of the better ones in the season), but when compared with S1, there are significantly more plot holes, questionable plot elements, fairly negligible character development and poor pacing. They probably could have done a lot better job with this with maybe a few more episodes (two cour feels too long for this plot line) but I guess this is how the cookie crumbles.

When the movie comes out, I'm probably going to consider that S2 never happened in terms of canon.
DuoprismDec 11, 2014 4:44 PM
Dec 11, 2014 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
Get to see Kougami through Akane's thoughts.
Seeing her dead Grandmother really got to her.
Akane figures out Togane and goes in for the kill against Kamui.
I wonder if he is dead?
Final ep next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 11, 2014 5:09 PM

Jun 2008
One episode left and we didn't really get any backstory or an episode focused around the new red haired enforcer that calls Akane "onee-chan". Seriously what is up with that dude, I don't even remember his name he was that forgetful.

Well as much as I hate Togane I don't want him to die, I guess maybe cause he was a wolf in sheep's clothing for the first half of the series I feel a little attached to that bastard. I guess I just want him to end up in prison or something along those lines. Not give him a free pass, but not death either.

And I seriously wanted Kogami to show up but not as a blasted hallucination *sigh* I mean when he slapped Akane upside the head I really thought he was real!!

I seriously hope that Inspector lady who works for Kamui gets a dominator to the face. She needs to be taken out ASAP.
Dec 11, 2014 5:45 PM
Sep 2014
Someone like you can't color her black... lol
Dec 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Jun 2014
over 700 points lol , he was? darker than black (?)
Dec 11, 2014 6:01 PM

Apr 2014
I'm the only person I know who thinks this has been a very entertaining season. Couple of small issues, but a great season nonetheless. Going to miss it when it's gone.

Poor grandma :( No respect for the elderly

I really hope both Tougane and Kamui die by the end of this. Can't stand either one of those pricks.

769? Shit, he's even more insane than I first thought.

Is Mika going to die or get incarcerated at the end? I'm getting an insane, deathy vibe from her right now.

I miss Kougami...the REAL Kougami :/
Dec 11, 2014 6:09 PM
Sep 2014
DCDrewzee said:
I'm the only person I know who thinks this has been a very entertaining season. Couple of small issues, but a great season nonetheless. Going to miss it when it's gone.

Poor grandma :( No respect for the elderly

I really hope both Tougane and Kamui die by the end of this. Can't stand either one of those pricks.

769? Shit, he's even more insane than I first thought.

Is Mika going to die or get incarcerated at the end? I'm getting an insane, deathy vibe from her right now.

I miss Kougami...the REAL Kougami :/

I also want to know what will happen to Mika.. probably turn into a latent criminal and become and enforcer?
Dec 11, 2014 6:13 PM

May 2014
Segneal said:
over 700 points lol , he was? darker than black (?)

How about a Darker than Black and Psycho Pass crossover...
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 11, 2014 6:14 PM

Jun 2013
That was a huge freaking cliff hanger. Please no ass pulls next episode, like Tougane dodging or being immune to dominators. And please no he threw the knife before he blew up or something.

Cannot wait for the next episode holy crap

Dec 11, 2014 6:15 PM

Nov 2012
I honestly don't see why people are so obsessive over the fact the grandma was only introduced to be killed, as if that's some sort of insane crime so baffling in anime, and something only of this season. If we're going down this route, what was the purpose of Mika's friend from the first Psycho Pass other than to get killed and drive Mika to become an Inspector?

Yeah some characters are made to die and test the characters and move the plot, I don't see the problem with it or the big deal.
Jaywalker.
Dec 11, 2014 6:39 PM

Aug 2010
Nice to see Kougami again, even though it was just a hallucination. Thankfully it was able to stop Akane from making a huge mistake.
Dec 11, 2014 6:44 PM

Nov 2012
dat crime coefficient.
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Dec 11, 2014 6:47 PM
Oct 2009
Epicenter said:
Yeah some characters are made to die and test the characters and move the plot, I don't see the problem with it or the big deal.

Some writers are able to use that with subtlety, giving the character some development before axing them, or in this case, it would have been less obvious by having known about Grandma's existence a little bit more than seeing her one time and mentioning "Oh yeah btw Akane has a grandma, remember?" a few times. It's hard to relate to a character's death when you barely know that character or their relationship with another known character (Akane).
Dec 11, 2014 6:56 PM

Aug 2014
That cliffhanger. Cant wait for next episode but kind of upset that it is the last one.
Dec 11, 2014 7:00 PM

Sep 2011
I hate Mika's character so much. She's so useless, serving almost no purpose to anything aside from boring exposition that should've instead been told to us in more interesting ways. I hope she dies so we don't have to see her in the movie.

Also, how did Kamui find Akane and Togane?

I'm glad the psychopass music from S1 was played here during Akane's and Kasei's conversation.; love that piece of soundtrack
Dec 11, 2014 7:10 PM

May 2009
TOO EPIC! Kogami [hallucination] showed up and reasoned with Akane. She is definitely one tough customer after seeing her grandmother's body. On top of that, she's going against the [Sibyl] system, and following her beliefs and reasons. Good for her! She managed to piece together Sibyl's weakness even though it sounded so simple. Man~
Dec 11, 2014 7:13 PM

Sep 2011
Epicenter said:
I honestly don't see why people are so obsessive over the fact the grandma was only introduced to be killed, as if that's some sort of insane crime so baffling in anime, and something only of this season. If we're going down this route, what was the purpose of Mika's friend from the first Psycho Pass other than to get killed and drive Mika to become an Inspector?

Except we got to see the character more, and had no problem with it. You did care for her a little, and no one really expected her or even predicted that she was there to get killed. Here, with Tougane's goal already set and explained, you could easily deduce that grandma was there just to get murdered. Not to mention, her grandmother came out of nowhere (unless they mentioned her in S1)
I don't really see it as a big deal either, but it does seem half-assed and lazy

Also, i'm not understanding how her grandma dying would cloud Akane's PP. She witnessed her friend die in S1 right before her eyes, able to stop it but couldn't and her PP was fine. Why is Sybil and Tougane thinking that this situation would be any different? I feel like Tougane is just wasting his time.
AlfonseDec 11, 2014 7:23 PM
Dec 11, 2014 7:15 PM
Apr 2013
Duoprism said:
My take on this season is that the new director basically misinterpreted what was good about S1 and tried to amplify those elements in S2. Considering Urobuchi is directing the movie, this season basically just feels like filler to add hype for it; which basically ends up making PP S2 feel pretty worthless.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Urobuchi is not the director for the movie and he has never been a director. He's the series composer for S1, script supervisor for S2 and the script writer for the movie. The director has been the same guy throughout from S1 to the movie. Do your homework before trying to use anime terminology, that's my advice.

On a side note, this episode hopefully should shut some haters up, ESPECIALLY that reviewer in AnimeNewsNetwork whose name I refuse to mention. This episode is why you should judge an anime as a collective whole rather by simply throwing a D or lower grade at each of its individual episodes.

Alfonse said:
Also, i'm not understanding how her grandma dying would cloud Akane's PP. She witnessed her friend die in S1 right before her eyes, able to stop it but couldn't and her PP was fine. Why is Sybil and Tougane thinking that this situation would be any different? I feel like Tougane is just wasting his time.

Answer: Simply because it's her grandma and not her friend. Ask anyone on the street and most of them would say that family weighs more emotionally then a friend who you meet during college days. Except for orphans maybe (oops...)
MasterGhostDec 11, 2014 7:21 PM
Dec 11, 2014 7:18 PM

Sep 2011
MasterGhost said:
Duoprism said:

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Urobuchi is not the director for the movie and he has never been a director. He's the series composer for S1, script supervisor for S2 and the script writer for the movie. The director has been the same guy throughout from S1 to the movie. Do your homework before trying to use anime terminology, that's my advice.

On a side note, this episode hopefully should shut some haters up, ESPECIALLY that reviewer in AnimeNewsNetwork whose name I refuse to mention. This episode is why you should judge an anime as a collective whole rather by simply throwing a D or lower grade at each of its individual episodes.

I know you mentioned that you don't want to mention his name, but I really do want to read his review. Can you link it to me?
Dec 11, 2014 7:23 PM
Apr 2013
Alfonse said:

I know you mentioned that you don't want to mention his name, but I really do want to read his review. Can you link it to me?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/psycho-pass-2/episode-9/.81780
Dec 11, 2014 7:23 PM
Oct 2009
MasterGhost said:

?? I thought this episode was the worst of the bunch, I laughed the whole time (or other times I facepalmed, too), so no I think the haters should just speak up. And lol, don't take ANN reviews so seriously...
Dec 11, 2014 7:35 PM
May 2014
Alfonse said:
I hate Mika's character so much. She's so useless, serving almost no purpose to anything aside from boring exposition that should've instead been told to us in more interesting ways. I hope she dies so we don't have to see her in the movie.

Actually, it seems that she was somewhat useful this episode.

How he found them? ..a certain phonecall comes to mind.
What did she say just before they were interrupted?
-- Lord fifth
Dec 11, 2014 7:44 PM

Aug 2014
Damm it cannot wait to see who survived Tougane or Kamui.
Dec 11, 2014 7:47 PM

Sep 2011
konatachan80 said:
Alfonse said:

Actually, it seems that she was somewhat useful this episode.

How he found them? ..a certain phonecall comes to mind.
What did she say just before they were interrupted?

It's just that her character up to this point has been so annoying, boring, and uesless that it's hard to like her.

And yeah you're right about that. I remembered it about 5 minutes after posting that question but was too lazy to delete it.
AlfonseDec 11, 2014 8:02 PM
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.