Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 11, 2014 8:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So all hell breaks loose now?

Eh pretty intense episode I guess with Kamui and his group making their move. It's also about damn time that Akane is going to fight directly against what she believes in. Akane is having a breakdown herself though, damn. That's actually just a vision of Kogami anyways, not really him in person. I wouldn't expect to see him in person this season. And that vision is something what Akane needs by this time for a boost of confidence. Damn it cliffhanger.
Stark700Dec 11, 2014 8:25 AM
Dec 11, 2014 8:13 AM

Oct 2010
Hi Kougami

Dec 11, 2014 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
The main girl is assigned to another mission, to kill Kamui guy. While the people led by Kamui guy killing the people on train. They told that grandma was killed by Kamui guy, so that she really would kill him and become dark.

That main guy from season 1... vision? shows up to talk to the main girl. She's now acting on her own. So she realized their plan to make her dark.

Final ep. next. 25:10 next week.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 11, 2014 8:31 AM

Apr 2013
Shit just went crazy with Akane getting MAD. And now we've had Akane's Kogami wet dream #... meh. I've lost count by now.
Dec 11, 2014 9:27 AM
Apr 2013
Anime episode of the year?
I definitely didn't expect this season to get better towards the end.
Dec 11, 2014 9:29 AM

May 2013
This is getting good. Nice to see Kogami again even though if it's just from Akane's imagination. That cliffhanger at the end. Can't wait for the last episode.
Dec 11, 2014 9:34 AM

Jul 2010
All in a effort to track and judge the Sibyl system! Never thought of how Kamui being a collective entity would lead to a collective psycho pass making Sibyl a latent criminal.

Akane's grandma :( Tougane wanting to use Akane to kill Kamui. She was pretty close to be painted back though her inner Kogami helps her.

Working with Kamui, that was quite the cliffhanger. Kamui, Tougane and Akane being in the same place!
Dec 11, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2014
Meh, it was okay. I like the opening and ending so that's good motivation.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 11, 2014 9:48 AM

Oct 2013
It was Ok I guess. Don't like this season that much.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dec 11, 2014 9:49 AM

Jul 2008
They weren't exaggerating when they said Togane had the highest recorded crime coefficient ever.
Dec 11, 2014 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
That was a nice mosaic of Kamui

Dec 11, 2014 9:53 AM

Aug 2014
At this point I can see this is getting a solid 7 from me.

Dec 11, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
so was that kougami or just a hallucination? But im happy to see Kougami, even if it was only for a moment.
Dec 11, 2014 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
waisehell said:

It was OK, but episode of the year? LOL.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 11, 2014 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
Well, they said Togane's crime coefficient was high, but 769 is ridiculously high.
Dec 11, 2014 10:13 AM

Aug 2014
I think I'm going to miss it even though it isn't that good.

Dec 11, 2014 10:14 AM

Sep 2012
I hope Akane kills both Togami and Kamui.
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 11, 2014 10:15 AM
Jan 2014
I'm very happy that Akane is finally making a stand against Sibyl. I would have been extremely dissapointed if she was still caught up in the act. Not that I think S2 is good or anything, but this episode kind of adressed the main flaws of Sibyl directly.

I still don't like Kamui and his actions. Though eliminating Tougane is the only doing of his which I will support. That is, if he manages to pull off that feat.

Akane's still holding up with the help of Kougami. I actually approach that as a mixed bag. I'm glad that she's at least done with Tougane's empty flattery.

One more episode until this ends and we finally move on to the movie next year. I'm expecting a pretty average ending, as this season was pretty lackluster up until now.
Dec 11, 2014 10:15 AM

Apr 2014
So Kamui Kirito was really trying to destroy the Sybil System by making it malfunction/overload?
Too bad if they really wanted to destroy it he should just planted a bomb and blow it up when he found it's location.

Mika's report was really useful because somehow the report was been shown to Akane unknowingly after she said that Kamui was taking a grunge against Togane Foundation and even showed the picture of Misako Togane who really looks like Chief Kasei.
But it seems it's pretty fast that Akane knew all that information just within a few hours. Oh well maybe because they are really running out of time because the last episode was next already, So this episode really felt rushed.

And HELL Yeah! They show Kougami again! it's for Akane's "Support", too bad it's just to make her strong(er) and he was just as an illusion/vision/hallucination(?). But I want the real Kougami by the end of this Season or RIOT!.

Good the hostages was just been shot by paralyzer and they just used them to make the Sybil System overload.
The bombs used which intended to blow up and kill Kamui's group was actually made by Kamui's follower.
That's pretty clever plan of Kamui. And too idiotic on the side of MWPSB/Sybil Sytem/Chief Kasei.

Oh almost no killing and gore now? I missing it right now! The only confirmed deaths are that Enforcer killed by Shisui and the Poor Aoi Tsunemori (Akane's Grandma) she was just used to make shake Akane making her stronger and to her own decisions

Wait the Two "Monsters" created by Tougane Foundation (Misako Tougane) was fighting over Akane?!
And maybe Togane was killed too with that sound of splatter? I seriously wish so! I want to see his body parts splattered!

Can't wait to see how this Season will gonna end on the final episode next week! I'm now really looking forward to watch/see it!
RayzerDec 11, 2014 10:39 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 11, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2013
Yay, Kougami's back again ^^
And we'll see if Kirito shoots Tougane or not.
Pretty good episode, can't wait for the next one.

Dec 11, 2014 10:23 AM
Jul 2014
waisehell said:

It was a good episode but come on, we all know Hunter x Hunter 2011 episode 131 is anime episode of the year.

I missed you Kougami.
Dec 11, 2014 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
769 Crime coefficient ?! ugh, i hope Togane dies.
Dec 11, 2014 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
That crime coefficient though... Anyway, great episode. Love how we got see Kougami conversing with Akane again. Smoking is bad for you Akane :P
mods are cucks
Dec 11, 2014 10:38 AM

Aug 2010
Holy shit 769 O_o? Togane's insane isn't he XD

Well nice seeing Akane break it all down. Disappointed with Togane tbh. I thought he'll be a much more awesome character <_<

Let's see what the last ep brings with Kamui vs Akane.
Dec 11, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2012
Lets see, kamui will try to kill Togane, Akane will stop him naturally. Togane will kill Kamui then gloat to Akane about killing her grandma causing her to snap.

Just my guess.
Dec 11, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
I might not approve with all of his actions but most of Kamui's actions are more anti-heroic than villainous.. I rooted for him since episode 2.. Hopefully he pops Togane.. Sybil once again being potrayed as evil instead of actually wanting to better society just full of flaws like in season 1 and makes no more sense when they upgraded the system so shit like this wouldn't happen.. Disappointed right now

Mika still broken and tries to think she's top dog now.. But it does appear she ran off to either save Akane or stop momma's boy from doing more crazy shit.. Either one is much needed progression for her..

At this point Akane just needs to have sex with Kougami.. She hallucinates about him constantly.. Keeps his brand of cigs with her almost always and is resorting to second hand smoke to have his "presense" with her

I knew he had the highest crime coefficient but 769?! You serious?😄
Dec 11, 2014 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
Yeah finally Akane showing her true decision, standing against Sibyl System.
For now we will see what would Akane do for standing out the Sibyl System.

BTW already entering the climax moment why this show only getting 8.17 ? kogami please be back to the movie on next winter
Dec 11, 2014 10:48 AM
Oct 2014
So, Sibyl will take all Inspector rights from Akane, but she won't do that to that rogue inspector with the eye patch that has been helping Kamui?
Dec 11, 2014 11:04 AM
Feb 2012
twoheadedmona said:
So, Sibyl will take all Inspector rights from Akane, but she won't do that to that rogue inspector with the eye patch that has been helping Kamui?

Everything Sibyl system has done until doesn't make any sense. I don't really like this season, it tries to be smart, but fails a lot more than the first season.
Dec 11, 2014 11:17 AM

Dec 2012
That cliffhanger...

Akane was panicked in telling Kamui to stop, she might have realised something is amiss. Togane looks farily confident so I don't think he is going to just die like that.
Dec 11, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2010
The problem I have with Togane wanting to "color Akane black" by killing her grandma is that we've already been through this, except it's done much poorer here.

This is a woman who saw her best friend get her throat slit right in front of her, except there she was in a situation where she did have the power to save her, and here it's simply coincidental, and you know what happened? She had a few days to mourn, and simply came back ready and able to catch Makishima, even having to relive the memory of her friend's death, and still come out fine. Even when she had the opportunity to kill him, she chose to uphold the law and take him in.

Regardless whether it's a family member or not (also note that we had more screentime with Yuki than we did the grandma, who was simply introduced so they can just kill her off), if this had somehow blackened Akane's hue, it would've been an insult to that character and everything she's been through, and even the idea that they thought this would ruin her is kinda insulting.

Luckily, ghost Kogami was there to help, because lord knows Akane couldn't do that on her own.

Also, Sibyl's actions continue to make less and less sense. They just let this one woman in charge, and let her have free reign to do whatever she wants? Which is having her son turn their own inspectors into latent criminals? At least with Touma in S1 that was to convince Makishima to join them, so it was to their benefit even though he declined, but here? It doesn't even seem like Sibyl is working together like they should be.

And no, you can't raise someone's crime coefficient that quickly by simply pointing a gun at them. You can scare them, stress them out, and cloud their hue a bit, but there's no way you can raise their CC that easily. If that's the case than anyone can be a latent criminal if you just point your dominator at them.

And one more thing, has anyone at some point even bother to looked at Togane's psycho pass and thought it was weird for an enforcer to have such a high CC?
Dec 11, 2014 11:24 AM

Mar 2014
Togane might kill Kamui if Momma Togane is watching.. Probably conviently locking the dominantor like she should've done a long time ago.. If they do fight I hope Kamui doesn't magically know martial arts like they did with Makishima..
Dec 11, 2014 11:28 AM

May 2014
Khpconan said:
twoheadedmona said:

Everything Sibyl system has done until doesn't make any sense. I don't really like this season, it tries to be smart, but fails a lot more than the first season.

agreed ... kinda sad though, because those are some easy plot hols to fill, just needed more attention.
Dec 11, 2014 11:44 AM
Oct 2010
Lmao this is so bad.. can anyone please tell me

-Why hasn't sibly removed eye patches inspector status yet?

-Why they wouldn't put the same level of security on their back up lines and why did kamui gamble on them having those extra lines AND they being less secured?,

-How does kamui know what sibly is (did they ever mention that anywhere?) because akane HEAVILY IMPLIES in her explanation of kamui's plan that kamui knows that sibly is a collection of minds.

-Also LMAO @ the bomb part, holy shit.. HAHA, you are telling me the police don't have explosives and they used ones from a criminal without inspecting them? LOL, how did kamui even know they were going to do that and kill all the hostages? As eye patch girl said "Kamui can see through errrrything"

Speaking of akane laying out kamui's plan.. even though she's spot on her reasoning is literally out of no where.

Also speaking of kamui's plan... it's so stupid my head hurts thinking about it, there's so much guess work here that you seriously have to wonder wtf?

- Firstly his ENTIRE PLAN hinges on the fact they don't disable eye patch's status as an enforcer.

- Secondly it also relies on the fact that they had enough dominators + targets to overload the main system, and that it had back up lines which were less secure on top of it.

Also how did akane know kamui would be able to meet her somewhere? And why did kamui agree to it when no one could get to them? It was only after that the message was sent out that the area was passable...
Dec 11, 2014 11:51 AM

Sep 2014
Holy shit, 769?

Mika has been useless all season eh.

twoheadedmona said:

I think that was Misako Togane's personal opinion. But I agree with an above poster saying that everything Sibyl does this season doesn't make any sense.
Dec 11, 2014 12:03 PM

Apr 2012
What else can I say but epic?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 11, 2014 12:17 PM

May 2013
Akane finally finds out her grandmother is dead.
She supposedly turns black, but because of freakin' Kougami, she remains clear. (^_^)

Akane discovered the real purpose of Sibyl System and Kamui.
Take that, Tougane! Akane just unfolded the truth!
Woah, Kamui is here too. 769?! They weren't kidding when they said Tougane had the highest Criminal Coefficient.

Anyway, cliffhanger. Time to find out whether Tougane is really dead or not.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 11, 2014 12:19 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Better than previous episode. I hope they finish things off in style for the last episode.

769? Will the Dominator explode with that criminal coefficient, LOL.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 11, 2014 12:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That cliffhanger made me mad xD I really liked how Akane pretty much went beast mode and exposed everyone :3
Dec 11, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2014
Tougane's mother will stop the dominator from working on tougane.

Dec 11, 2014 12:33 PM

Jun 2014
Not quite as horrfic as the last episode,but still painful to watch.

For some reason Kamui knows exactly what the system is and how it works.
He also somehow knew that what explosives they are going to use,which was huge gamble on his side.
Furthermore Kasei either can resind the rights of a dominator user or it was a very stupid,transpartent lie.
It's stupid either way.
Finally,is noone checking Tougane's criminal coefficient frequently?
Last time I checked enforcers aren't allowed to have too high cc.
Dec 11, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2014
1 more to go.
Dec 11, 2014 12:38 PM

Apr 2011
chakracat said:
I hope Akane kills both Togami and Kamui.

Same here both of those dudes can die for all I care. They are nothing but scumbags anyways.
And I hope Mika dies because she is a useless bitch and the reason why Akane's Grandma died.
HikarusukeDec 11, 2014 12:45 PM
Dec 11, 2014 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
This episode was laughable.

I find it funny how a train stopping and seeing people wearing green rain parkas can cause the crime coefficient of people to go over 100.

The MWPSB are the policing unit of Japan and you are telling me they don't have explosives or C4s? What kind of crap is that?

Another thing that pisses me off is the total lack of individuals in this series. We have division 1 and division 3 but where are the other thousands of individuals part of the policing force? The city just feels empty and I am not digging the lack of countermeasures of the MWPSB.

Mika was pathetic and has no redeeming qualities. So last episode after finding out the truth of Sibyl she cracks and this episode the mere sight of Akane makes her lose her mind. Throw in the fact that ONCE AGAIN she is completely clueless of what is going on in the MWPSB. The division 3 inspector literally told her to piss off and don't get in her way. She is progressing backwards and looks like a person who totally not fit for the position.

The Kogami stuff was also lame. Akane lost her cool I get it but bringing in Kogami in some random cameo was awkward. It didn't feel fluid and the notion that this hallucination gave her the ah! moment was a stretch.

Kuwashima giving his cellphone to Akane and letting her speak with Kamui........wtf. Another blunder in the writing.

Kamui's entire plan is so based on hypotheticals it is ridiculous when you look at it objectively. He has to hope that Sibyl doesn't override Shisui's dominator. He has to hope that he has enough denominators that it will override the system. He has to hope that his hacker has enough leg room to hack into the Sibyl system. He has to hope that the MWPSB behave the way he predicts them to behave.

Where did Kamui get all this information from to allow him to make his paper thin plan?

Kamui just so happens to know the location of the Togane and Akane meetup. Why? Because plot thats why.

Why in god's fuck would Kamui confront Togane? His entire goal was to make Sibyl judge itself but yet here he is taking an unnecessary risk. Kamui has officially gone full retard this episode and I feel it is just shame the writing staff had to ruin his character like that.

GovDec 11, 2014 12:51 PM
Dec 11, 2014 12:41 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Akane is finally establishing a firm stance against Sibyl. Loved how she compared the whole system with Kirito's collective identity and concluded that they're essentially the same.
Partial credits goes to imaginary Kougami though. That gentle slap on the head gave her a lot of confidence. :3

Akane also figured out Tougane's motive to color her black. She's suddenly on a roll today!

Dat Crime Coefficient though! Is it even possible to go that high and still stay sane!?
Wished they'd shown us how epic of a blood-splatter that was. (That is if Tougane actually dead).

Decent episode, though there were a few flaws in the plot. But let's not be too nitpicky here.
One more left and I hope they wrap this up well. I think Kirito will end up dead somehow.

Dec 11, 2014 12:57 PM

Oct 2011
Shaniyaz said:
Akane is finally establishing a firm stance against Sibyl. Loved how she compared the whole system with Kirito's collective identity and concluded that they're essentially the same.
Partial credits goes to imaginary Kougami though. That gentle slap on the head gave her a lot of confidence. :3

Akane also figured out Tougane's motive to color her black. She's suddenly on a roll today!

Dat Crime Coefficient though! Is it even possible to go that high and still stay sane!?
Wished they'd shown us how epic of a blood-splatter that was. (That is if Tougane actually dead).

Decent episode, though there were a few flaws in the plot. But let's not be too nitpicky here.
One more left and I hope they wrap this up well. I think Kirito will end up dead somehow.

One episode to wrap up the

-The philosophical debate between Togane, Akane and Kamui
-How Kamui dies and what happens to his followers
-Togane and Kasei
-Mika either being punished or not (hopefully killed)
-What happens to division 1 if Akane is no longer an inspector
-Build up for the movie

Too much stuff to pack for a 25 minute episode to be honest. They should have paced themselves better and made this episode the first half of the last episode.
Dec 11, 2014 1:10 PM

Jun 2014
lol @ the 769 Crime Coefficient. Good to also see Akane discover the full purpose of the Sibyl system.
Dec 11, 2014 1:31 PM

May 2009
I'm not enjoying Psycho Pass 2 Somehow. Tried my best to make myself believe this was good but it's not working
Dec 11, 2014 1:38 PM

Nov 2012
Wonder who will Akane end up helping if Kirito and Tougane don't stop, and keep trying to kill each other next episode.......
Most likely Mika will kill Tougane and prove she got more balls than Akane....... JK......
Dec 11, 2014 1:51 PM

Feb 2014
OVER 700? Is that even possible? Togane either rushed to his death or he survives that attack. 50/50 Decent episode.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2014

335 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.