Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 4, 2014 8:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh good God, Mika is broken.

The investigation on Kamui continues. I kinda wonder how far they will take this project though. Also, surprise surprise dish. Yuck. Kamui making this party look like a nightmare~

Dec 4, 2014 8:11 AM

Oct 2010
Akane you're so lewd this episode

Also Kamui having a nice party over there.
Dec 4, 2014 8:17 AM

Nov 2007
That girl shows agreement to the system. Their next target is the main girl using both her grandmother.

Trying to understand Kamui guys' intention. Paradox?

There's also another person who was saved from the accident. He feels guilty for escaping it, so he's helping Kamui guy out. Those people in the feast... That guy already did her grandmother?

2 more eps. 24:59 next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 4, 2014 8:35 AM

May 2009
Dec 4, 2014 8:54 AM
Oct 2014
I hear the director dictated Ayane sato who is a voice actor of Mika to act an ordinary people in this soceity controlled by the system. That's because she irritates many viewers.

When Mika made a vacant applaus, I can't understand whether she really affirmed the sbybil system or not. It’s a liar ?

Anyway I expect a main scriptwriter Ubukata to make a exciting ending.

Ubukata is more famous author than Gen Urobuchi in Japan.

I"m sorry, my poor English.
Dec 4, 2014 9:24 AM

Apr 2013
Mika be:

That was some nice Akane-service in the first half of the episode, but now they've awoken the sleeping giant. You don't mess with her oba-san. She's about to go HAM in the next episode.
dankzelDec 5, 2014 12:59 PM
Dec 4, 2014 9:30 AM

Apr 2012
an amazing episode, can't wait for next week
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 4, 2014 9:30 AM

Jul 2010
Tougane with that childhood.

Wow, Mika with those eyes and that clapping...

Kamui and a friend of his dealing with the aliens. Didn't see the animals being actual humans :O that was quite the sight.

Akane seeing her grandmother's ear and the person wanting to stall Akane. I really wonder who did it though. Mika looking at Tougane like that.

The time where finally one side would fall is coming!
Dec 4, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2010
bastek66 said:

I LMAO'd...So pathetic XD And there's just no turning back for her :D I'm so happy I can hate her with no regret!!

What a mother Togane had <_< Clapping at him killing the dogs. What's anime got on dogs these days anyway lol

Loved the Fire with Opera playing in the BG ^^ First time I see Akane pissed this much. I wonder what her Psycho pass was during that outburst? And what was the point of leaving her Grandma alive if Togane killed her at the end either way? Why was she so chill O_o?
Dec 4, 2014 9:45 AM

Jun 2009
okay a lil bit lost now
soo mika is what helping tougane now
tougane got the ear too the kirirto guy and killed akanes grandmother
and still now sign of kougami
+ only two eps left
wanna see what happens next and hopefully a bloody showdown :D
Dec 4, 2014 9:54 AM

Apr 2014
As I thought Mika would be used to make Akane's Psycho-Pass clouded by killing the important person of her life.The Opening really spoiled it huh?

I wonder what Akane will do when her rage on Kamui's doings was on it's extreme level and what if she knows that her superiors had the same goal which is to cloud her Psycho-Pass?

Oh the bloodshed again! I never thought I actually missed those kind of scene, because last week's episode doesn't have it.
RayzerDec 4, 2014 10:30 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 4, 2014 9:57 AM

Jun 2014
Another terrible episode.I would drop the show if it wasn't so funny.
The writer took every villain cliche he could think of and put them in this episode,all that's missing is stealing candy from a baby.

I was right about the Grandmother.She was just there to be killed.
If she had more than 40 secunds of screentime I might actually give a shit.

So it is possible to track dominators inside buildings. Also Sibyl doesn't give a shit that the same person uses like 8 dominators at once,

Mika somehow got even more despicable in this episode.

Kamui keeps telling them his plans for no fucking reason and keeps killing people we don't know or care about,
Dec 4, 2014 9:58 AM
Jan 2012
GRANDMA NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dec 4, 2014 10:01 AM

Aug 2013
Mika is not dead :(
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 4, 2014 10:02 AM
Jan 2012
Also, I'm sorry but Kamui can't be compared to Makishima. His story sure has an interesting development but he keeps in lacking an involving personality.
Dec 4, 2014 10:03 AM

Apr 2014
rsc-pl said:
Mika is not dead :(

She can't be dead, don't make your hopes up. As the Psycho-Pass Movie already revealed that she would stay alive.
Dec 4, 2014 10:04 AM

May 2013
Shimotsuki accepts the truth and will become Sibyl's pawn.
Noo, Tougane! Not the puppies! (T_T)
Awesome, Kamui just killed those officials. (^_^)

This episode is definitely a buildup for a finale.
Oh no, not Grandma! (T_T) I wonder how much this will affect Akane.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 4, 2014 10:04 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, good episode. But now I really hate Togane! And Shimotsuki is even worse than before. Poor Akane, I hope she doesn't get her Psycho-Pass clouded.

Dec 4, 2014 10:08 AM

Sep 2012
Fucking brutal dude
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 4, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2014
Holy Crap!! Damn you Tougane! Akane,hang in there girl!
Dec 4, 2014 10:21 AM

Apr 2013
Damn Tougane's childhood o.o i feel bed for Akane and her grandmother though.
Dec 4, 2014 10:29 AM

Sep 2010
I should rewatch the episode to fully understand it, but maybe someone will answer me in this thread.

The one who cut off Aoi's ear was Kirito but it was Tougane who killed her, right? So... Kirito kidnapped Akane's grandmother, then Mika found her and passed her to Tougane?

I'm all mussed up, sorry.
Dec 4, 2014 10:33 AM

Jul 2010
Szadek23 said:
Also Sibyl doesn't give a shit that the same person uses like 8 dominators at once
There is never enough dakka.

Can someone explain what's the point of the plot ? I understand the motives of Kamui, but wtf is wrong with Sybil ? They know Kamui wants to somehow destroy Sybil, but the best thing they can do is to mess with their inspectors along with the enemy. It's like, you're sieged in a castle, and you destroy your own walls just because it's funny.
Dec 4, 2014 10:34 AM

Jan 2014
awesome episode like always

can't wait for the next ep :D
Dec 4, 2014 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
fujioka-san said:
I should rewatch the episode to fully understand it, but maybe someone will answer me in this thread.

The one who cut off Aoi's ear was Kirito but it was Tougane who killed her, right? So... Kirito kidnapped Akane's grandmother, then Mika found her and passed her to Tougane?

I think Mika located Aoi Tsunemori and told Tougane.Tougane kidnapped her,cut her ear off and gave it to Kamui's friend.After showing the ear to Akane,I think her hue might have rised but not at a very large level due to which I think Tougane just....killed her grandmother."
Dec 4, 2014 10:37 AM

Apr 2014
fujioka-san said:

As I had understand both Kamui and Chief Kasei with Tougane had the same goal which is to test Akane's Psycho-Pass by making gruesome killing of society's people.

But Kamui didn't want really want to cloud Akane's PP by killing her grandmother but this Koichi Kuwashima did it even if Kamui was against with that plan. And it wasn't Tougane, Chief Kasei and Mika because they didn't work together with Koichi Kuwashimai or Kamui.
RayzerDec 4, 2014 10:51 AM
Dec 4, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2013
The best thing about Psycho Pass 2 is all the puking.
Dec 4, 2014 10:44 AM

Apr 2014
hassan0297 said:
fujioka-san said:

I think Mika located Aoi Tsunemori and told Tougane.Tougane kidnapped her,cut her ear off and gave it to Kamui's friend.After showing the ear to Akane,I think her hue might have rised but not at a very large level due to which I think Tougane just....killed her grandmother."

Don't be silly It doesn't make sense. Because If both of them really worked together why Tougane would search for Koichi Kuwashima and even let them do the crime that just happened?
Dec 4, 2014 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
Rayzer said:
hassan0297 said:

Don't be silly It doesn't make sense. Because If both of them really worked together why Tougane would search for Koichi Kuwashima and even let them do the crime that just happened?

Sorry. My mistake.. :D
Dec 4, 2014 10:48 AM

Jul 2012
It's only me or this second season is crap? In my opinion they try to reach the audience with a lot of unnecessary violence, don't get me wrong I don't mind some kills here and there, but I miss the vibe it gave me the first season. I can't find any characters development and the psychological side is kinda lacking too.
The idea wasn't that bad, "what's your colour?", but I don't know...
Dec 4, 2014 10:50 AM

Sep 2010
Rayzer said:

As I had understand both Kamui and Chief Kasei with Tougane had the same goal which is to test Akane's Psycho-Pass by making gruesome killing of society's people.

But Kamui didn't want really want to cloud Akane's PP by killing her grandmother but this Koichi Kuwashima did it even if Kamui was against with that plan. And it wasn't Tougane, Chief Kasei and Mika because they didn't work together with Kamui or Koichi Kuwashima.

Thank you very much! Now everything is clear.
Dec 4, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
I'm curious, did Akane's coefficient even rise when she saw the ear?

Dec 4, 2014 10:58 AM

Apr 2014
francy_94 said:
It's only me or this second season is crap? In my opinion they try to reach the audience with a lot of unnecessary violence, don't get me wrong I don't mind some kills here and there, but I miss the vibe it gave me the first season. I can't find any characters development and the psychological side is kinda lacking too.

No it's not just you. This season was really classified as a trash because this Season wasn't made by the same Studio Production and Staff.
What you even expect with an 11 Episode? As I always say this Season wasn't really intended to be created but in order to lessen the waiting date/time of the fans they permitted different Studio to make a sequel.
Dec 4, 2014 11:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The brutality continues lol, Kamui doesn't tolerate BS and as such the fire rises :3

The Mika scene in the beginning was hilarious btw, that girl is a train wreck XD I don't feel bad for her at all

Togane however is a fucked up individual and I had no idea that he was THAT messed up. But the fact that he was like Makishima (Artifically created at that) was a surprise to me. I'm really curious/interested in finding out exactly how he went from being clear to having the highest psycho pass in history

And poor Akane's grandma :( I didn't expect Akane to freak out like that but it seems like Togane killed her. I hope that he just took a limb or something....Also, the grandma being calm through it all was pretty weird to say the least
TokoyaDec 4, 2014 11:07 AM
Dec 4, 2014 11:22 AM

Apr 2014
Wait something was odd. After the ED there was an epilogue it was Tougane opening the trunk of a car or truck and there was Akane's grandmother who was still alive but this Tougane points a dominator at her and the screen goes black with the sound of splatter.

So does this mean Tougane was the one who abduct Akane's grandmother and give the ear to Koichi Kuwashima or he just found out where she was hidden and eliminate her to continue the plan which is to "Color Akane Tsunemori Black" ?
I guess the only option find out was to wait for the next episode next week.
Dec 4, 2014 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Pizza party hosted by Frankenstein with some government officials as guests who part-time as body sculpture artists using "illegal aliens"
Curdling "blook"
Mika is a true American patriot/good goy
Sibyl is just flat-out evil now and doesn't try to be a hivemind-ruled judge anymore
Dracula hurts puppies
More hamfisted philosophical dialogue
WHATS IN THE BOX
WHATS IN THE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX?!
WHATS
IN
THE
BOX
Baa-chan is celebrating NO EAR'S Eve in Togane's/Kamui's basement
Togane wants to cloud Akane's Psycho Pass, and his mom lets him
Akane is about to cloud
Dec 4, 2014 11:32 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The 'ear' thing reminded so much of Seven. Nice. Having said that, using Nessum Dorma as a dissonant soundtrack to the carnage on display was so cliché that I don't know what to say.

I don't understand why it's in the Sybil's systems interest to let Kamui continue with his rampage, and instead mess with Akame Tsunemori's mind? Maybe I misunderstood something in the last episode? Won't Kamui eventually destroy the system unless they stop him?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 4, 2014 11:35 AM

Aug 2014
This episode was pretty good for pp2. I think this series is going to get a solid 7 from me.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Dec 4, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2011
woaaah!! what an intense episode.

They will not break Akane! She is better and stronger than them. Poor grandma though.
Dec 4, 2014 11:39 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Jesus christ Mika. She got rekt mentally at the beginning.

She better do something great at the end of it.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 4, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
Lol at the end. Tougane Killed Akane's grandmother
OkashiDec 4, 2014 12:52 PM
Dec 4, 2014 11:57 AM

Nov 2009
Marzan said:
The 'ear' thing reminded so much of Seven. Nice. Having said that, using Nessum Dorma as a dissonant soundtrack to the carnage on display was so cliché that I don't know what to say.

I don't understand why it's in the Sybil's systems interest to let Kamui continue with his rampage, and instead mess with Akame Tsunemori's mind? Maybe I misunderstood something in the last episode? Won't Kamui eventually destroy the system unless they stop him?

It was actually explained in this ep. That is, the Omnipotent Paradox was explained in this ep, and it refers to Sibyl as well as explains its motives, but we're left to put the analogy. It wants to preserve its omnipotence, and having Akane as a threat, who knows and can expose Sibyl's flaws by discovering Kamui and more of its secrets, they're willing to mess with her. Basically, they seem to be experimenting if she can be categorized as criminally asymptomatic. The "death" of her grandma is being used as a test to see if she'll kill and still be clear or be finally clouded.

"Belief is the death of intelligence." ~Robert Anton Wilson~
Dec 4, 2014 12:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
witchhuntress said:
Marzan said:

It was actually explained in this ep. That is, the Omnipotent Paradox was explained in this ep, and it refers to Sibyl as well as explains its motives, but we're left to put the analogy. It wants to preserve its omnipotence, and having Akane as a threat, who knows and can expose Sibyl's flaws by discovering Kamui and more of its secrets, they're willing to mess with her. Basically, they seem to be experimenting if she can be categorized as criminally asymptomatic. The "death" of her grandma is being used as a test to see if she'll kill and still be clear or be finally clouded.

That makes sense. I should have thought more about that dialogue. Thank you for your answer.

It still seems to me though that while they're experimenting with Akane that Kamui might really alter the society they have created.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 4, 2014 12:13 PM

Jun 2014
Ya, that opening scene was beyond corny..
That and they tried a little too hard to make Akane's reaction to seeing the ear.

Other than that, really good episode. Kamui's dinner party was kinda sick and twisted... and the intense opera music playing when they arrived to the flaming mansion.
Dec 4, 2014 12:17 PM

Apr 2014
Okashi_sama said:
Lol at the end. Tougane Killed her mother O_O

To be accurate Akane's Grandmother.

Sep 2014
bastek66 said:

+1

And OMG, poor Grandma! Fricking Togane, killing two cute puppies like that and then possibly killing Grandma Tsunemori at the end. I'm hoping that he just beat her unconscious X_X

So did Mika find the grandma's location for Togane? THEN IT'S TOTALLY HER FAULT TOO. This girl better redeem herself in some way.

Jun 2014
francy_94 said:
maybe you just dont understand it? To me, the 2nd season is way deeper than the 1st (which had a very deep meaning too). The character development isnt lacking at all... although, its been so long since season1, ive forgotten about many of the characters.
Dec 4, 2014 12:37 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Mika broke, and she broke bad. That clapping was pathetically hilarious! I actually wished for her Hue to rise rapidly.
Eh, it's okay though. She is now a full fledged puppet bitch of Tougane anyways.

Loved Akane's paradoxical thinking scene. She has become so much like Kougami, it's incredible!

Koichi and Kirito took good care of those aliens. Quite a bloody mess that was but awesome nonetheless.

First time seeing Akane raging this hard! Poor grandma.. I guess the point of showing her that dissect ear was an attempt to get her Hue clouded.
Too bad, Tougane took out grandma anyways..

Good episode. Kirito is in process of causing a subway terrorism and I don't think anyone can stop him now.

Dec 4, 2014 12:44 PM

Jun 2014
nice ep.
btw , i cant get mad at the actions of kirito, i see him more like an anti hero than a villain.
Dec 4, 2014 12:47 PM

Jun 2014
That forced clapping from Mika was gold.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Riri- - Dec 18, 2014

640 by Actomino »»
Apr 23, 4:32 PM

» is this season really that bad? ( 1 2 )

beloving - Jan 7, 2015

62 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

263 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

353 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

271 by Garrett_Dark »»
Feb 22, 2:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.