Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 10, 2014 3:15 PM
Oct 2011
ataxia_ said:
Well time to go rewatch the beginning of the first episode. If it really is 13 eps I wish it was at least 22. Definitely feels like there's a lot to be explored here.

Yeah, I'm loving this show so much, and there's so much they could do/keep doing, I would have loved for it be in that 22-26 range if 12 is really a finale.
DangerMouseDMNov 10, 2014 3:20 PM
Nov 10, 2014 3:26 PM

Nov 2012
I'm guessing that holy knight ain't going to be Jeanne d'Arc but Favaro instead.
Nov 10, 2014 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
This anime is infested with awesome chicks. ^^

A lot happened in this episode - Amira revealed a half-angel, half-demon; Kaiser begins to question his feud with Favaro; the angels saved the day and pushed the plot forward; Dad appeared, and all hail Rita.

Couldn't take my eyes off the screen for a second and the episode went so fast!

6/5
Nov 10, 2014 4:40 PM

May 2014
For those non-believers (like I once was, lost in the vastness of ignorance) that still thinks this show is a no-go 'cause is based on a card game I have to say the following:

HOLY SHIT, THIS IS BASED OFF OF A CARD GAME?? FUCKING AMAZING!
I'll stay true to my creed once the show ends, if it ends badly, I'll forget I ever preached the bahamut name.
Nov 10, 2014 4:52 PM

Jul 2014
Besides Bahamut being it's usual entertaining and exceptionally animated self, I must say that I love the development they give to Favaro.

I've already made peace with the fact that this anime is very bluckbuster-like, so we, most likely won't get usual character introspection, but now they managed to move Favaro forward. I like how Favaro drops his happy-go-lucky act sometimes. When he said to Kaisar that he was his usual self, it seemed that he tried to convince himself. He is not a bounty hunter anymore, he is bothered by his past, he still follows his father's ideals, despite what he tries to show.
Kaisar often talks about his father, Favaro seems to be independent, but he carries his father's hat on his back all the time.

I hope that Kaisar is next.
Nov 10, 2014 5:55 PM

Aug 2012

fanshii said:

The interactions between characters feel so real.
This. It's because the this show does characterization right. It may be hollywood but it has done everything it needed to do to set its characters up for development, from start to current. I particularly liked how Kaisar admitted he doesn't quite know exactly how to feel anymore. He sees these subtle hints that Favaro isn't quite the scumbag he's supposed to be(well he is though) and is thinking more than he was before instead of just going after him automatically.

Amira's falling out with Favaro was pretty damn sad, especially when we saw her curled up crying and then it cut to Favaro hittin on bitches. Even though she was wary of him for a while, she still ended up trusting him. So it was pretty emotional to see her witness his true colors. I still don't think this is her dad though, I'm banking on her dad being a demon. I mean she is half angel/half demon.. He certainly could be(related to) the schemer though.

Enough can't be said about Favaro though. We've seen him go through these subtle developments that go against the type of character he is, and now that he's in a comfortable place he reverts back to his old mindset. We see him obviously trying to affirm himself as a selfish lying scumbag in order to run away from dealing with hurting Amira. His character has just been done so well. I can't wait for him to go with the flow and save Amira again though, it's gonna happen.

Thank you Rita for being the perfect cherry on top to this main cast

Azazel, meet Jeanne, get rekt.
Nov 10, 2014 6:35 PM

Sep 2011
Wait, this show isnt just a series of fun comical jokes and flashy set pieces, characters actually have depth and well thought out relationships dictated by character growth and development gradually across the show? holy shit this really is AOTS

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 10, 2014 7:12 PM

Jun 2013
Rita gives no effs lol
Nov 10, 2014 7:22 PM
May 2012
notsomacho said:
I wonder who this holy knight is going to be

Kaisar would definitely fit the role, but Favaro does have protagonist advantage. I can't imagine Favaro as a holy knight, but it'd be hilarious if he did turn out to be one

He probably is the one considering that he had dreams about Bahamut even when he hasn't seen one before
Nov 10, 2014 7:56 PM

Jul 2014
The Angels are so gorgeous. Actually all the girls in this series are very well designed. Guessing Favaro will be the Holy Knight. Hope him and Amira make up soon.
Nov 10, 2014 8:13 PM

Jan 2010
I just wonder, how long this series will be. Since ep6 I feel like we truly enter the plot. welp, Favaro as Holy Knight...hah! Serves he right! LOL!!! xD

Nov 10, 2014 8:21 PM

Aug 2014
Human vs Demon, cannot wait for the next episode to see how that play out and Amira finally know who her father is.

Overall a great episode.
Nov 10, 2014 8:36 PM

Aug 2013
The plot thickens. Amira's dad is the bearded knight? But Michael said she's half-god half-demon right? Does god also mean anyone who can use holy magic? Hmm...

If Favaro is the Holy Knight in the prophecy that'd be so hilarious XD! Jeanne d'Arc looks hot in casual clothes and Rita's flying zombie arm made this episode more awesome.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 10, 2014 8:42 PM

Sep 2014
I hope we get to see more sword fighting in the future

Amira upped the power significantly; too much, imo; made the early fights seem very insignificant and it's more fun to watch choreographed duelling than enormous explosions and one shots
Nov 10, 2014 8:47 PM
May 2012
Amira's "Dad" is actually Lavalley? One of the Orleon Knights

http://myanimelist.net/character/113009/Lavalley
http://shingeki-no-bahamut-genesis.wikia.com/wiki/Lavalley

His eyes and eyebrows seems similar
Nov 10, 2014 9:25 PM

Jun 2014
good anime is good.
This show is so awesome I cant wait for more. too bad its a recap next week =
Rita is actually...kinda cute. STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Nov 10, 2014 11:10 PM

Jun 2014
In the op it shows Amira pull out the sword so maybe she's the knight?
Let’s say you drink too much strawberry milk, and have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. You don’t want to get up, but the urge to urinate is just too strong! You run to the bathroom, stand in front of the toilet, and let loose! You think that all your life has led to this moment! YOU'RE STILL IN BED! That feeling of lukewarm wetness spreads! But you can’t stop! THAT’S THE TRUTH OF THE STRAWBERRY MILK! DO YOU GET IT? ~ Gintoki
An unforeseen situation... An unexpected turn of events... In the face of those, you too will face your true self. — Makishima Shougo
Nov 11, 2014 1:41 AM

Apr 2014
The guy in Amira's dream seemed a lot similar to Martinet so he's the teacher Amira mentioned in episode 2. This could mean they tricked Amira by using her to steal the god key because she's half demon and angel. Jean is too op. She took down those giants in one hit as if they were some flies. Rita again shows who's the boss by bitchslapping the two main while they were dueling with a fucking fork and kinfe lmao. The Holy knight is obviously going to be Amira since she's the one that pulls the sword in the opening.

Damn that animation during the giants battle was amazing because it felt as if I was playing Shadow of colossus.

5 out of 5
Nov 11, 2014 1:50 AM

Sep 2013
OH MY GAWD! This show is so great, I can't get enough!

Art/Animation: All very well done and fantastic this week. The animation is so fluid and high quality with the designs of the ghouls being very cool. The giant knights with huge hammers were great too.

Music: The music in this show is so fantastic! The voice acting was very well done as well.

Story+Characters:
We got some more backstory this time around as well as noticeable character development, albeit a bit overblown but hey, still works. Got to know more about Jeanne D'Arc and how she was a simple farm girl and seems to have the trust of all the people to be the holy knight of the prophecy. I love how overly cliche this series is but it's done so damn well that you just love it, reminds me of Jojo in a way.

Favaro and Kaisar have a talk with one another and seem to be patching things up based off the actions of Favaro which he doesn't even seem to know himself why he did what he did but it's cool to see him admit to being such a piece of shit. I love the guy and Kaisar is really growing on me too.

The demon guy from when Azazel went to meet with Lucifer looks like Marilyn Manson... Just saying. He seems really cool too. It built up at the beginning to what was inevitable at the end, Azazel is coming to attack the castle and I assume he is much more of a threat than those ghouls Jeanne killed.

One thing about the plot that I love is that you really feel the sense of build up for the inevitable fight with the Bahamut at the end. All of these epic over the top action sequences happen and you just wonder, how good is the fight against the Bahamut gonna be?

This is a real contender for anime of the season that really came out of no where. This is based off a digital card game for crying out loud, how is it this good!? Favaro, Kaisar, Rita, Amira. They are so memorable and the story is so cliche yet so well done. Can't wait for next week, seems like lots of action will happen.
Nov 11, 2014 2:03 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was sooooo good! I can finally call myself a fan!
I can't wait to see if Favaro is the real hero of prophecy, and there is some potential for emotional scenes in the near future.

I love the gorgeous drawings at the end of each episode.
Nov 11, 2014 3:34 AM

Jul 2013
such an enjoyable show

Jeanne d'arc showed some more alpha badassness not that it was needed + i love her voice actor
Nov 11, 2014 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
Why is this show so good ?
Nov 11, 2014 5:10 AM

Oct 2009
Epic, this is just epic.
Nov 11, 2014 5:16 AM

May 2013
Lucky for them, they got spared thanks to the gods. Favaro just living the good life inside the kingdom. He and Kaisar postponed their fight, or probably won't continue the agreement they made. I'm pretty sure the guy Amira met was not her father. It's too soon to introduce the other secret characters. Jeanne, I think, is not that Holy Knight they prophesied. Most probably Favaro. Next episode looks like a recap of it all. I'm not having hopes for that.
Nov 11, 2014 5:35 AM

Oct 2013
Whoa! This anime is so fucking awesome
It has everything!
Knights, angel, gods, dragon, demons, greek myth, titan and even mech!
I look foeward to see ninjas, pirates and shinigami as well
Haha

Good episode as usual
"Burn the heretics"
Nov 11, 2014 5:42 AM

Apr 2014
Toaki90 said:
Whoa! This anime is so fucking awesome
It has everything!
Knights, angel, gods, dragon, demons, greek myth, titan and even mech!
I look foeward to see ninjas, pirates and shinigami as well
Haha

Good episode as usual

But we already saw some pirates in episode 4.
Nov 11, 2014 9:30 AM

May 2012
Rita's so awesome, that girl will turn out to be that knight-hero, I'm telling you xP
And Martinet sure has a cool design, and a great voice <3 More of him please.
Nov 11, 2014 9:37 AM

Dec 2013
Rita is the knight, confirmed guyz.
Nov 11, 2014 10:02 AM

Oct 2008
Jeanne is the epitome of badassery.

Throwing something into the room for you guys: The Subline to SnB is Genesis so I'll just guess, even if it's made to be single cour, it's planned to recieve more seasons. Bahamut the card game is a big thing!
Nov 11, 2014 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
YurikoRaine said:
Jeanne is the epitome of badassery.

Throwing something into the room for you guys: The Subline to SnB is Genesis so I'll just guess, even if it's made to be single cour, it's planned to recieve more seasons. Bahamut the card game is a big thing!

Perhaps there will be an announcement during the last episode.
Nov 11, 2014 4:43 PM

Jan 2009
Favaro will be the prophesied holy knight lol and Amira finally met her father and its that human knight
Nov 11, 2014 6:11 PM

Oct 2013
I'm getting a bit annoyed at Favaro...Is that really Amira's father? Probably not.
Nov 11, 2014 6:51 PM

Aug 2014
that was demon these are titans from Shingeki No Kyojin in Ad 600 and this is 1410
hahaha i always laugh so hard when Rita hand the way it beat Favoro x Kaisar its funny
damn Favoro made cute demon Amira cry well does her father want to free Bahamut or
destroy is damn i don't know damn it go next i can't wait go go
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Nov 11, 2014 7:07 PM

Aug 2008
This shows just keep getting better and better. And Rita being awesome again.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 11, 2014 8:27 PM

Sep 2014
It's so easy to see that the prophecy of the chosen night is Favaro anyways great episode like the rest.
Nov 11, 2014 9:55 PM

Nov 2013
Amira is standing in the position of the prophesied knight in the OP though...

Nov 11, 2014 11:35 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Amira, so she's half-demon half-angel?

That was a beautiful moment between Favaro and Kaisar...

Also Jeanne's conversation with Favaro was really interesting.

This episode had everything, progress, backstory, characterization, comedy, twist, content and all of that in the right amount. Also managed to get me extremely imersed the whole time, as expected, beautiful animation really does the job to get you imersed in the story, this is on par with FSN.

Overall a memorable episode, felt really short, but it was incredibly substantial. My favorite so far, 6/5

Next week is recap? Please roll KLK style!
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 12, 2014 2:44 AM

Jul 2012
Amira finally meets her father after so long.

Great episode!!!
Nov 12, 2014 3:40 AM

Dec 2013
MrSideliner said:

Yup same thought. Zeus + Satan power to seal Bahamut and Amira is hybrid.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Nov 12, 2014 8:30 AM

Oct 2013
Well,even without that little scene in the OP, Amira would've still been the number one suspect as the prophesied knight.

The fact that it was revealed that both Zeus & Satan together were responsible for sealing Bahamut,along with the knowledge that Amira is a half-demon,half-angel and her desperate desire to go to Helheim which hints strongly at her unknowing desire to be seek completion by uniting the two keys is foreshadowing enough.

Not that I love the show any less for it though. It's a kind of foreshadowing that I like,maybe a bit too strong but not in our faces either.
Nov 12, 2014 10:53 AM

Jul 2014
So predictable, yet not at all. Favaro will be the destined prophet if the show decides to take the easy, bad route but we might see some interesting plot twists in the end.
Nov 12, 2014 3:37 PM

Apr 2012
AlexTheRiot said:

Rita's zombie combat hand is the best thing ever.
Nov 12, 2014 4:12 PM

Jan 2011
If that guy is Amiras father, he should be a demon, given how her mother is portrayed. Given the ability to detect demons - with Amira, due to also being an angel being the (only?) exception - how did he manage to hide amongst holy knights, with Angels/Gods watching - a bit laid back despite the circumstances, but rather involved compared to usually - over them?

He did somehow vanish rather fast in the end, and got a nice timing with the demon attack.

I also wonder about Amira's angel form. She does look like a normal human usually, whereas the angel/gods look a bit different. Does that mean she has a third form? Unless they simply use her human for as angel form, as it's not *that* big of a difference compared to a demon.

I also always forget about "Promised Land", despite the song being really nice. It has it's good sides though: I'm always positively surprised like when receiving an unexpected present!
Nov 12, 2014 5:07 PM

May 2014
Loved the design of Martinet, another fun addition.

and yes, the only thing capable of splitting up a "FAVAROOO" is a flying zombie loli combat arm.
Nov 12, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2014
Everything moves so damn fast. From Helheim => descent of gods => Party => obvious prophecy => God key meets demon's.

Is it moving fast because they have a lot to cover or suspense?

eh.

Gabriel tho <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2014 6:43 AM

Nov 2013
Benphyre said:
MrSideliner said:

Yup same thought. Zeus + Satan power to seal Bahamut and Amira is hybrid.

Damn, that theory o.o Very plausible.

Nov 13, 2014 7:06 AM

Jan 2014
Jeanne looks badass. And Amira a half-demon half-angel? Meaning one
of her parents is an angel the other a demon? Okay... Seems legit xD
Nov 13, 2014 11:55 AM

Sep 2013
Nice! we get to see Amira's father, but not his face :(
Nov 13, 2014 10:01 PM

Jul 2013
deanzel said:
You can tell that Bahamut is ready to awaken. This is how he'll look after his long slumber:

i was thinking the same or rather similar during the scene lol
Nov 14, 2014 12:06 AM

Nov 2013
AgentChico said:
deanzel said:
You can tell that Bahamut is ready to awaken. This is how he'll look after his long slumber:

i was thinking the same or rather similar during the scene lol

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

132 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.