Forums
New
Nov 9, 2014 1:30 AM

Nov 2012
Both of us want:
  • Not too same feel

• Able to switch classes at any time

• Open world big maps to explore

• Game can be subscription or F2P but having a cash shop option is a bit of a turn off unless it is only for costumes

• Not pay to win

Both of us would like but it is not a need:
  • NPCS up for hire

• Housing

• Marriage

Here are some of his wants:

• He is an old GW player and loved Necromancer so game has to have necromancer or summon dead option or nice skill/attack animation and effects

• Game has to have good graphics can not be ded

• Ability to skip any talking from quests

Here are some of my wants:

[*] I am an old Ragnarok player okay with anything

[*] Good pvp system

[*] Some sort of interesting plot

[*] Crafting things

[*] Strong player economy
[/list]

Games Played For boyfriend:

(Putting in some of our favorite games that are not necessary a MMO)
  • GW( not GW2 it was bad)

• Diablo2 (Diablo 3 was bad)

• Skyrim

• Tera (did not enjoy after maxing)

Games Played For OP:
    [right]
  • Ragnarok Online (No private servers pls)

• Tera(Got bored but maxed)

• Aion(Got bored after level 20)

• WoW(Did not enjoy it)

• Trickster(played when I was younger)

• Runescape(Still playing but boyfriend won't play cause the graphics are not good enough for him)

• I enjoy Atlus games alot

• SMT:Imagine (Use to play before it got shut down)

• So many I can not even think of

• Wildstar (did not like)

• PSO2 (server crashed when I started playing for an entire month)

• Blade and Soul (will not work on bf comp even though he has the specs for it)

• ArcheAge (Good game but run by shitty company, was banned on my first day playing randomly after the patch update of unable to be able to log in for three days. Was not able to appeal my ban or find out why I was banned. No economy. RIP)
[/right]

For both of us we want nothing to do with Trion/XL games due to LOTS of issues in the past. Please do not list games that are not out yet, it makes me sad to have to be reminded on games I am waiting on. We have the specs to play anything. You can also look at my MAL and see what sort of things I am interested in.

We are open to suggestions that are not on the list of our needs.

We are both in our 20s.

AigiisNov 9, 2014 12:45 PM
Nov 9, 2014 1:42 AM

Nov 2009
The layout for this thread gave me cancer. I swear I couldn't skim through the important points at all.

You are clearly TOO picky to be honest. The game surely shouldn't have to be perfect if you are playing to play with your significant other, though the marriage option seems a little sad from a personal standpoint.

I haven't played it but I at least saw that Rift wasn't on your playlist, maybe try that or the Star Wars MMO perhaps.
Nov 9, 2014 2:10 AM

Oct 2012
I agree with Riptos you are ridiculously picky, but Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn pretty fuckin awesome and I know a lot of couples that enjoy playing it together. Marriage system is already there or is coming soon. I only stopped playing it cause my friends and my ex all got busy with IRL stuff so I ended up alone x_x
Nov 9, 2014 2:18 AM

Jul 2014
Forsaken World fits a lot of the criteria you have mentioned, but in all honesty, I would rather perform a colonoscopy on myself sans anesthesia than play that piece of shit again. In any case, it's free. Worth a shot?

As for others, it's a tough ask. I have a feeling you might need to relax your requirements a little bit. The in-game marriage system specifically. I can't imagine that is a high priority for up-and-coming MMO's.
Nov 9, 2014 5:12 AM

Sep 2012
I can name several that fits half the criteria. Too bad they don't fit all of them.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Nov 9, 2014 5:13 AM
Oct 2013
you've played majority of the good mmos.
If you got bored of those ones, then mmo games aren't your choice lol.
Nov 9, 2014 5:15 AM

Aug 2013
Aigiis said:

Marriage system
Housing

Playing the married couple owning a house online....how sad.

Try FFXIV.
Nov 9, 2014 5:18 AM

Sep 2011
eggroll said:
you've played majority of the good mmos.
If you got bored of those ones, then mmo games aren't your choice lol.

This, good luck

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Nov 9, 2014 7:37 AM

Feb 2013
You guys are being mean. How will they be able to be together without a sweet MMO that has a marriage system?

And the only one I ever played that had one was FFXI. Good Luck, OP.

*cough*
Nov 9, 2014 8:26 AM

Feb 2013
NTAD said:
You guys are being mean. How will they be able to be together without a sweet MMO that has a marriage system?

*cough*

a lot of older games had marriage systems

but the new games focus on being epic rather then an rpg
Nov 9, 2014 8:28 AM

Jun 2014
Second life of FFXIV
Nov 9, 2014 9:48 AM

Dec 2013
I don't see Mabinogi or Maplestory in your list.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Nov 9, 2014 11:24 AM

Nov 2012
Riptos said:
The layout for this thread gave me cancer. I swear I couldn't skim through the important points at all.

You are clearly TOO picky to be honest. The game surely shouldn't have to be perfect if you are playing to play with your significant other, though the marriage option seems a little sad from a personal standpoint.

I haven't played it but I at least saw that Rift wasn't on your playlist, maybe try that or the Star Wars MMO perhaps.

Rift is not on the list because Trion team is bad. I am picky because we plan on investing a lot of time and money into the game. Why would we play something we did not enjoy? We were enjoying ArcheAge but both of our accounts got randomly banned and could not appeal to the ban because the game is run very unprofessionally.

Democracy said:
I agree with Riptos you are ridiculously picky, but Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn pretty fuckin awesome and I know a lot of couples that enjoy playing it together. Marriage system is already there or is coming soon. I only stopped playing it cause my friends and my ex all got busy with IRL stuff so I ended up alone x_x

I am getting him to try out FF at the moment will let you know how it goes. He more picky with combat.

Minute said:
Forsaken World fits a lot of the criteria you have mentioned, but in all honesty, I would rather perform a colonoscopy on myself sans anesthesia than play that piece of shit again. In any case, it's free. Worth a shot?

As for others, it's a tough ask. I have a feeling you might need to relax your requirements a little bit. The in-game marriage system specifically. I can't imagine that is a high priority for up-and-coming MMO's.

Have never played it, I hear its really a hit or miss. I may get him to try Aion, really I am fine with playing anything expect for WoW or XL games (Their games are good but the team runs the games very unprofessionally). I was spoon feed with RO, when RO2 came out I thought it would be awesome played the beta and it was glitch city mixed with walking simulator 2.0. I really enjoy the aspect of making my own builds in the game and every piece of armor effecting my stats. Along with building and selling my own gears.

IronLobster said:
I can name several that fits half the criteria. Too bad they don't fit all of them.

I am open to suggestions expect for anything that is not out yet or Trion team stuff.

NTAD said:

*cough*

Getting him to try it now, thanks Ntad. I do not see the issue of wanting to get bonus exp and skills, that is what a marriage system usually offers and we are playing together the whole time so.

Cakedog said:

Honestly I want to try Mabinogi but my boyfriend has a graphics need that makes me sad. I use to play Maplestory but I did not enjoy it really, then again I was playing it with people I did not really enjoy too much.
Nov 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Nov 2012
bump
Nov 9, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
Stop bumping your posts, that's barbaric.

And I can't think of one since you're pretty damn picky. Just wait it out for Black Desert or Tree of Savior.
Nov 9, 2014 1:50 PM

Nov 2012
VitaminCaim said:
Stop bumping your posts, that's barbaric.

And I can't think of one since you're pretty damn picky. Just wait it out for Black Desert or Tree of Savior.

I will bump if I want to bump.
Nov 9, 2014 1:54 PM

Jun 2014
I played Dofus a few years ago and it is not in your list. So maybe you can check it out.
Nov 9, 2014 8:44 PM

Dec 2013
Aigiis said:
Cakedog said:

Honestly I want to try Mabinogi but my boyfriend has a graphics need that makes me sad. I use to play Maplestory but I did not enjoy it really, then again I was playing it with people I did not really enjoy too much.

Graphics-wise Mabinogi can hold its own. It also has modern resolution support.
There are a lot of items exclusive to cash players, but that's not really the point of the MMO.
Based on what you've stated in your OP, Mabinogi sounds like the perfect game with its high amount of customization and versatile skill and class system. It's especially a good choice if you're a former Ragnarok/MS/Gaia player.

Let's also not forget the dozens of side activities in the game.

Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Nov 9, 2014 10:05 PM

Jun 2011
Try Black Desert. Russian beta (has english option IIRC) starts at January 2015. NA/EU beta starts at late 2015/early 2016.

I don't think it fulfills all your requirements tho.

Also Blade & Soul may or may not be coming out in the West sometime in 2015 (finally). So maybe it might work for your bf then.
Nov 11, 2014 8:00 PM

Jun 2014
I feel like ignoring a bunch of the wants and just going DayZ and Rust. They're not RPGs, but they're MMOs. And they may or may not ruin your relationship, plus you can kind of get married and get a house.
Nov 11, 2014 10:20 PM

Mar 2014
Try Aura Kingdom
O(≧▽≦)O F R E E D O M ! ! ! O(≧▽≦)O

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

4 by DreamWindow »»
7 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
8 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
12 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.