Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 5, 2014 1:34 PM
Jan 2014
Reyxe said:
MasaneX said:

Well there are other ways to end a regime than to assassinate the leader/ wait for him to die.
I don't really believe that mortality is saving us from those catastrophies.

Uhh... have you lived in a dictatorship?

I'm not saying i have, but i'm from Venezuela and right now our economy is fucked, we can't protest cause the military and some armed people from the government won't hold back in taking hostages or killing us. In 4 months of riots, 40 students and protesters were killed with headshots by police or the other guys. Also, the insecurity here is retarded, according to statistic, 1 people is killed every 7 MINUTES here. We are trapped in a country (cause you can't leave either, lel) with horrible economy, with a huge insecurity problem and we can't even fight back.

So... you need to learn than Dictatorship regime doesn't end any other way than either the death of the dictator itself or a coup de etat.

Cuba with Castro ruling forever, Venezuela with Maduro and North Korea with the lil shit, i'm really glad immortality doesn't exist, don't get me wrong, of course it has a good side, but it's bigger the damage.

I do understand what you mean, but if the regime is holding on so strongly, will it crumble with the death of that 1 leader ? I am kinda back and forth about this ... Is it enough to get that leader assassinated to crush the regime ? Because that's basically the core of the problem of Mortality IRL vs Immortality in VRMMO.
Also I wonder if a human's consciousness which exists only in the game would have the same political authority as a human with real body.

This topic surely went an interesting way. xD
Dec 5, 2014 2:07 PM
Mar 2012
Alright, to tie this whole conversation back to SAO, we have
-Karoshi-Dec 5, 2014 2:55 PM
Dec 5, 2014 2:24 PM
Feb 2014
MasaneX said:

I do understand what you mean, but if the regime is holding on so strongly, will it crumble with the death of that 1 leader ? I am kinda back and forth about this ... Is it enough to get that leader assassinated to crush the regime ? Because that's basically the core of the problem of Mortality IRL vs Immortality in VRMMO.
Also I wonder if a human's consciousness which exists only in the game would have the same political authority as a human with real body.

This topic surely went an interesting way. xD

Ok in danger that we go completely away from the topic of the thread, it depends actually.

If you have a dictatorship like LastChapter or Reyxe mentioned, where we have 1 figurehead who is seen as "god" then yes the death of this guy ends the dictatorship on spot.

The basis for a dictatorship is always some sort of ideology, you need sth OR sb who the people of your country can believe in. (the only exception to this rule are military based dictatorships and those mostly end in massacre and revolution)

Then some people "implant" (in terms of Mass Effect "indoctrinate") this ideal into the minds of the people. (interestingly religion started the same way ;-))

Afterwards you need sth to "personalise" this ideal and this is where we get to the main point.

If this "sth" is a person then the "cult" dies with its leader unless we have a proper successor who is recognized by the people of your country (mostly sons)

The other way would be a more abstract "personalisation" e. g. ideals which are important for the people of your country themselves and which they readily accept without questions.

In the second way the dictatorship can live on without having a "godsend" (or whatever the ideal is based on) leader, as long as the people of the country don't change their reasoning at whole.
Dec 5, 2014 5:45 PM
Mar 2012
Went ahead and added info to Gabriel Miller's character page. Spoiler warning, but you can definitely tell how much of a psychopath he is.
Dec 5, 2014 5:53 PM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:
Went ahead and added info to Gabriel Miller's character page. Spoiler warning, but you can definitely tell how much of a psychopath he is.

Gabriel best villain ever xD Such a shame his final fight wasnt that good
Dec 5, 2014 6:01 PM
Mar 2012
Jarkzy said:
LastChapter said:

People are complaining about the crappy villains in the series, but that's because they don't know the true influence of Kayaba Akihiko. Sugou and Kyouji I have to agree were really crappy, but wait until we get to Quinella and Vector XD
Dec 5, 2014 7:34 PM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:
Jarkzy said:

People are complaining about the crappy villains in the series, but that's because they don't know the true influence of Kayaba Akihiko. Sugou and Kyouji I have to agree were really crappy, but wait until we get to Quinella and Vector XD

I hope they dont get tonned down and they are like in the WN since they LN seems to be a little bit softer
Dec 5, 2014 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
Jarkzy said:
LastChapter said:

I hope they dont get tonned down and they are like in the WN since they LN seems to be a little bit softer
Well, I don't think A-1 will look for a WN adaptation since web novels are outdated.
Dec 5, 2014 8:49 PM
Mar 2012
I actually have a question that needs clarifying pertaining to the END OF THE ALICIZATION ARC. *blinding lights*

The summaries didn't go in too much detail, but

salmon3669 said:
Jarkzy said:

Well, I don't think A-1 will look for a WN adaptation since web novels are outdated.

Not only outdated, but too graphic. One of the saving graces from the web novel to light novel conversion was that Reki took out all the rape scenes.
TyrelDec 6, 2014 1:27 PM
Dec 6, 2014 2:19 AM

Aug 2014
LastChapter said:
I actually have a question that needs clarifying pertaining to the END OF THE ALICIZATION ARC. *blinding lights*

[spoiler]
[spoiler]
Dec 6, 2014 3:56 AM
Oct 2014
LastChapter said:

[spoiler]
Thinking of time difference between UW and the real world, he is probably deader than dead

salmon3669 said:
Jarkzy said:

A-1 makes an adapatation of the Light Novels, but the LN are an adapatation of the Web Novel so Its more or less the same xD
TyrelDec 6, 2014 1:26 PM
Dec 6, 2014 4:28 AM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
salmon3669 said:

Not only outdated, but too graphic. One of the saving graces from the web novel to light novel conversion was that Reki took out all the rape scenes.

"all".

LastChapter said:

Wow, i should stop clicking links without reading the next 4 fucking words. LOL

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Dec 6, 2014 10:06 AM
Mar 2012
Jarkzy said:
LastChapter said:

[spoiler]
Thinking of time difference between UW and the real world, he is probably deader than dead

Ah, that makes sense.
Dec 6, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
Jarkzy said:

LastChapter said:

This is a matter of opinion.
On one hand it's less NTR fetish fueling, but on the other there's more weight behind it had that been kept it.
Also, what were they actually doing in that scene in the LN?
TyrelDec 6, 2014 1:26 PM
Dec 6, 2014 10:28 AM
Mar 2012
InsertPriestHere said:
LastChapter said:

This is a matter of opinion.
On one hand it's less NTR fetish fueling, but on the other there's more weight behind it had that been kept it.
Also, what were they actually doing in that scene in the LN?

Illustrations show that Alice did
Dec 6, 2014 11:02 AM
Mar 2012
Contraction Excerpt: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1319941&show=60#msg36492123

Yuuki's Past Excerpt
Dec 6, 2014 11:55 AM

Aug 2014
Lol here come the "cheap forced BS" secondaries.
Dec 6, 2014 1:02 PM
Mar 2012
I noticed lol

I can already imagine SAO V

And so, favorites for Yuuki increased by nearly 40 in the past few hours.

Also, I forgot if anyone complained about how Kazuto pulled a deus ex machina about knowing where Yuuki was.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
TyrelDec 6, 2014 1:25 PM
Dec 6, 2014 4:04 PM
Oct 2013
Do Light Novel readers think there is 2 or 3 episodes left? 2 according to MAL, but they're wrong about episode counts a lot.
Dec 6, 2014 4:15 PM
Mar 2012
StormNA said:
Do Light Novel readers think there is 2 or 3 episodes left? 2 according to MAL, but they're wrong about episode counts a lot.

It'll be 24 episodes long so 2 more to go.

Source: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-25055.html
Dec 6, 2014 4:23 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:
StormNA said:

It'll be 24 episodes long so 2 more to go.

Source: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-25055.html

I think Alicization cliffhanger won't appear, there's just 2 episodes left and there's still two things to cover, first is Yuuki going to school and her

And Asuna's mother thing.

Dec 6, 2014 4:27 PM
Mar 2012
Reyxe said:
I think Alicization cliffhanger won't appear, there's just 2 episodes left and there's still two things to cover, first is Yuuki going to school and her

In all honesty, the anime can end with the
but we'll see how fast the pacing is. Because if A-1 is going to skip of good chunk of the arc, it might as well be next episode with all the slice-of-life content and such. Though I hope that won't happen.
Dec 6, 2014 4:31 PM
Feb 2014
LastChapter said:
Reyxe said:

In all honesty, the anime can end with the
but we'll see how fast the pacing is. Because if A-1 is going to skip of good chunk of the arc, it might as well be next episode with all the slice-of-life content and such. Though I hope that won't happen.

Well with the next episode named "Beginning of a dream" said ending would be a bid morbid, wouldn't it be?
Dec 6, 2014 11:22 PM
Mar 2012
New Mother's Rosario key visual (Posting it here rather than a dead thread)
Dec 6, 2014 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
LastChapter said:
New Mother's Rosario key visual (Posting it here rather than a dead thread)

Uhh...
So can we move on to ALicization :D.
Now that I think about it, how much character development did charlotte have.
Dec 6, 2014 11:28 PM
Mar 2012
Enough for use to believe she was Kirito's guardian angel and felt sad when that incident happened.
Dec 7, 2014 5:39 AM
Oct 2014
Now Im just wondering If we will have to w8 2 years again to see Eugeo or we will have it sooner this time...

Btw I dont think its gonna end in a cliffhanger, it would be to much for a last episode to see [spoiler] Yuukis death and then Kirito going in a coma
Dec 7, 2014 6:15 AM

Jul 2007
Jarkzy said:
Now Im just wondering If we will have to w8 2 years again to see Eugeo or we will have it sooner this time...

Btw I dont think its gonna end in a cliffhanger, it would be to much for a last episode to see [spoiler] Yuukis death and then Kirito going in a coma

Frankly I don't see there being enough content to last for two episodes. That's the problem.
Dec 7, 2014 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
CookingPriest said:
Jarkzy said:

Frankly I don't see there being enough content to last for two episodes. That's the problem.[/quote]
What does that mean?
Dec 7, 2014 10:02 AM

Jul 2007
I am saying that I don't see how they would stretch what is left of MR for whole 2 episodes.
Dec 7, 2014 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
CookingPriest said:
I am saying that I don't see how they would stretch what is left of MR for whole 2 episodes.

Well, I am pretty sure half the people watching SAO will call ALicization ending an asspull to grab views. God people sometimes. Can't understand more than the surface of things.
Dec 7, 2014 10:11 AM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:

Dec 7, 2014 10:14 AM

Jul 2007
InsertPriestHere said:
CookingPriest said:

My point exactly.
Dec 7, 2014 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

My point exactly.

Sounds like alot, but Maybe I am overestimating. Well We need the ALicization twist but I am pretty sure alot of people are going to call it an asspull because they need to find something wrong with the series every episode. Like If you hate it so much just drop it.
Dec 7, 2014 11:22 AM
Apr 2014
CookingPriest said:
InsertPriestHere said:

My point exactly.

And asuna's mother thing?

Dec 7, 2014 11:25 AM
Oct 2014
salmon3669 said:
CookingPriest said:

My point exactly.

Sounds like alot, but Maybe I am overestimating. Well We need the ALicization twist but I am pretty sure alot of people are going to call it an asspull because they need to find something wrong with the series every episode. Like If you hate it so much just drop it.

Well its not like it really matters for us because we already know what happens xD But If they end up with a huge cliffhanger like that I hope they dont last 2 years again to release the 3rd season, Its such a lot of time, LN are gonna be done a long time ago then
Dec 7, 2014 11:50 AM

Aug 2014
Reyxe said:
CookingPriest said:

My point exactly.

And asuna's mother thing?

Oh yeah. Sounds like enough to me.
Dec 7, 2014 12:14 PM
Mar 2012
So like

Episode 23

Episode 24

Seems about right?
Dec 7, 2014 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
Actually, I find myself wondering, can they even fit the talk in?
Dec 7, 2014 12:19 PM
Mar 2012
You saw the convo with Asuna and the doc. Pretty sure A-1 will find a way.
Dec 7, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2014
LastChapter said:
You saw the convo with Asuna and the doc. Pretty sure A-1 will find a way.

By making it two lines and not explaining anything?
I mean, I can see why they wouldn't see the need for the full medical lecture, but the technology behind the STL requires an explanation so everything doesn't seem like BS.
Dec 7, 2014 12:49 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah I am grateful they shortened explanation of doctor.

It was bordering on medschool lecture in LN.

I see the school scenes and theALO scenes being shortened a bit and yeah they will most def end on the cliffie - its their style so far for every episode.
Dec 7, 2014 12:55 PM
Mar 2012
Pretty sure they'll find a way. They cut the Death Gun explanation in the beginning of the season, Sleeping Knights + Asuna dungeoning before the boss fight, etc.

But STL technology must be explained properly else Alicization won't make sense.
Dec 7, 2014 1:00 PM
Oct 2014
Im actually expecting it to end with Kirito falling to the ground and Asuna calling the hospital or something like that, an explanation at the end would be so stupid because if they explain it here they are not gonna explain it again at the beggining of the new arc, or they shouldnt, so if people dont remember it, what is more likely going to happen, they may get lost or either have to come back to the last episode of season 2
Dec 7, 2014 1:04 PM
Mar 2012
Jarkzy said:
Im actually expecting it to end with Kirito falling to the ground and Asuna calling the hospital or something like that, an explanation at the end would be so stupid because if they explain it here they are not gonna explain it again at the beggining of the new arc, or they shouldnt, so if people dont remember it, what is more likely going to happen, they may get lost or either have to come back to the last episode of season 2

So pretty much skip Asada convo and go straight to the date and cliffhanger leaving the explanation to next season with perhaps Kirito
Dec 7, 2014 1:05 PM
Apr 2014
LastChapter said:

When I first read Alicization I was like "dafuq is this, wtf", LOL

Dec 7, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2007
LastChapter said:
Jarkzy said:

So pretty much skip Asada convo and go straight to the date and cliffhanger leaving the explanation to next season with perhaps Kirito

Yeah.

We would see the THING and then when Alicization happens we would get it contextualized properly.
Dec 7, 2014 1:26 PM
Oct 2014
CookingPriest said:
LastChapter said:

Yeah.

We would see the THING and then when Alicization happens we would get it contextualized properly.
Seems to be the most reasonable possibility
Dec 8, 2014 3:12 AM
Feb 2014
Jarkzy said:
CookingPriest said:

Yeah.

Seems to be the most reasonable possibility

Yeah thought the same - we don't need the explanation for the STL in this season. And to be honest there also isn't the time for it.

The only thing they could explain is the heartbeat sensor for Kirito, as the cliffhanger could end with seeing it display 0 heartbeat to confirm his "death".

Yes they would have to change the order of events a bit but for that one scene I would have no problem with it.
Dec 8, 2014 10:23 PM
Mar 2012
Dengeki Bunko Magazine Volume 41 cover
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.