Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2014 3:26 PM

Nov 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And there is the end T_T. Was an okay epilogue, never really liked epilogues in most series though since it kind of makes you sad and nails in the fact that the series is over, plus the endings are usually too perfect. I mean, everyone lived happily ever after (even Asaba who I guess is going to become a pedophile in the near future, that'll be an interesting showdown when Arima finds out about it.).

Anyways, the series was really good in my opinion, the ending was probably the part that stood out as being slightly lower quality since it felt rushed, I wish they had put the same "emotion" they put in the father arch in to the ending instead of having it just be a quick wrapping up with the series. However, even when we ignore all that, this series reminded me a bit of Mars, in a very good way, with characters having to deal with more drama than just love triangles / misunderstandings / or other half-hearted drama, was well as putting in that slight psychological touch. So I really liked this series, 8/10 for me.
Jul 27, 2016 2:06 PM
Jul 2016
It says that there are 108 chapters but I can only find 101 chapters?
Aug 30, 2016 3:20 PM

Oct 2009
This was great! At first I didn't want to read this, but thanks to my friend, I did! A must read. =D
Aug 30, 2016 3:21 PM

Oct 2009
RabiaRSA said:
It says that there are 108 chapters but I can only find 101 chapters?

Extras were counted as well! ;)
Sep 2, 2016 2:32 AM
Jan 2011
He's going to try to date their daughter? Disgusting. This manga is so screwed up.
Dec 10, 2016 4:44 AM

May 2014
This manga pushes the boundaries of relationships. Maybe including things that are taboo just makes it more attractive to readers because it's thrilling to play around with a forbidden fruit? E.g. May-December relationships (Literal cradle-snatcher), brother-sister relationships. Other relationships that started off with hate, bullying, and revenge but later blossomed into love are also very intriguing and motivates readers to follow their progress.
Apr 26, 2017 7:50 AM
Jan 2017
Nice end still I would like to see that in the anime if they make that the anime would be much better because the anime has a lot of things that don't follow the manga but probably that is because of the manga at the time hast well ahead so is ok but still is a shame
Jun 11, 2020 12:01 AM

Dec 2012
Arima almost got NTR'ed lmao..
It was ok ending..not quite satisfied with asaba story tho.. seem like the author put random story for him
Jul 26, 2021 7:01 PM
Jul 2020
I think we can all agree that Asaba is a little problematic in the final chapter.

I was loving the idea where he was describing his role as a father figure and finally realized the “love” he was looking for was within the family that Arima and Yukino have created together. That is understandable. It should’ve stayed as that. Then Sakura confesses to him. I think this triggered a can of worms he didn’t really want to admit to, especially how uncomfortable he looked half the time. However, it is unsettling for sure when he admits that Sakura is the “woman” he loves and that he “doesn’t know what he’s doing”. Like…if you’re an adult, you should know better. Asaba was practically there helping Arima and Yukino raise their children. It definitely gave me Usagi Drop vibes lmao
azenobioJul 27, 2021 3:16 AM
Aug 5, 2021 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
azenobio said:
I think we can all agree that Asaba is a little problematic in the final chapter.

I was loving the idea where he was describing his role as a father figure and finally realized the “love” he was looking for was within the family that Arima and Yukino have created together. That is understandable. It should’ve stayed as that. Then Sakura confesses to him. I think this triggered a can of worms he didn’t really want to admit to, especially how uncomfortable he looked half the time. However, it is unsettling for sure when he admits that Sakura is the “woman” he loves and that he “doesn’t know what he’s doing”. Like…if you’re an adult, you should know better. Asaba was practically there helping Arima and Yukino raise their children. It definitely gave me Usagi Drop vibes lmao

Hoshi14 said:
This manga pushes the boundaries of relationships. Maybe including things that are taboo just makes it more attractive to readers because it's thrilling to play around with a forbidden fruit? E.g. May-December relationships (Literal cradle-snatcher), brother-sister relationships. Other relationships that started off with hate, bullying, and revenge but later blossomed into love are also very intriguing and motivates readers to follow their progress.

My two cents on this.
Yes, the anime pushes a few boundaries. The society has those boundaries in place to protect itself since the majority of children are not wise enough to take the proper decisions and some adults are predatory. The other situation like this was with Maho and her 28 year old dentist boyfriend.
However the situations presented in this manga both involve a very smart younger girl falling for a much older guy. And both older guys are responsible enough to wait it out until they are even more mature. I do not see the problem with this if Asaba and Sakura have a platonic relationship for around 3 years and if she still feels the same way about him after that then it's their decision without anyone being able to deny it (although the society will still frown upon it).
Aug 5, 2021 12:36 PM
Jul 2020
Leonhart93 said:
azenobio said:

Hoshi14 said:

My two cents on this.
Yes, the anime pushes a few boundaries. The society has those boundaries in place to protect itself since the majority of children are not wise enough to take the proper decisions and some adults are predatory. The other situation like this was with Maho and her 28 year old dentist boyfriend.
However the situations presented in this manga both involve a very smart younger girl falling for a much older guy. And both older guys are responsible enough to wait it out until they are even more mature. I do not see the problem with this if Asaba and Sakura have a platonic relationship for around 3 years and if she still feels the same way about him after that then it's their decision without anyone being able to deny it (although the society will still frown upon it).

I do understand that there is a huge cultural difference between Japan and other nations when it comes to “consent” and what’s ‘acceptable’ for dating, especially during the 90s when this manga was made. The perspective was different for the time. I just think it’s slightly cradle-robbing the younger she is you know?
While the situations were handled really well for its time (ie Maho/Dentist BF, Sakura/Asaba) a lot of people won’t agree with it nowadays (maybe they never did but we don’t know that besides Japan).
Aug 10, 2021 5:11 AM
Jun 2021
Can somebody tell me pls in which chapter did Arima and Yukino got married??
Aug 13, 2021 11:52 AM
Jul 2020
espoir842 said:
Can somebody tell me pls in which chapter did Arima and Yukino got married??

There is no chapter where it shows they got married. It may only be implied at this point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou Chapter 57 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Nov 1, 2014

2 by LordSozin »»
Apr 24, 4:55 PM

Poll: » Kare Kano Chapter 5 Discussion

Agarina - Jan 18, 2010

4 by KraftyJ »»
Apr 24, 2023 8:35 AM

Poll: » Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou Chapter 30 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Oct 30, 2014

1 by KursedArcana »»
Jul 7, 2022 9:10 AM

Poll: » Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou Chapter 41 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Oct 31, 2014

1 by rsc-pl »»
Aug 10, 2021 5:11 AM

» Kare Kano end of Chapter 72 discussion.

azenobio - Jul 25, 2021

1 by Leonhart93 »»
Aug 5, 2021 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.