Forum Settings
Forums

And then FF15 instantly proved its the defining game of the next generation.

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 2, 2014 6:45 PM

Nov 2008
SolvitePriest said:
Ezekiel said:
Oh my god, that describes those pansies perfectly. I've asked if they were all in a band or something and commented about how stupid they look acting cool as they drive, but your description is so concise. Pansies! All that's missing is a comment about their ridiculous hair.

Edit: And the gargantuan, retarded as shit weapons.

homophobia via TEXT
I was going to call them fags. But that would be unfair to gays. Most are manlier than these guys. Why did this garbage fashion or type of character design become popular there?

Nov 2, 2014 7:04 PM

Feb 2010
Ezekiel said:
I was going to call them fags. But that would be unfair to gays. Most are manlier than these guys. Why did this garbage fashion or type of character design become popular there?

I didn't know that was universal to Japan, given how successful Justin Bieber and One Direction was in the West. The only possible difference is the main demographic who buy games in Japan are possibly teenagers to young adults in contrast.

Are you sure you're not just prejudiced towards androgynous, feminine boys? Even though there's only 2 of the group of 5 who could be classified as that.
Nov 2, 2014 7:10 PM

Sep 2011
Baman said:
Yhuuro said:
A huge open world doesnt mean jack if you dont put enough content in it to keep it engaging for players. FUEL is a perfect example of this.
That's my main concern as well. And the area we've seen so far looks pretty empty.
if it alleviates any concerns, they said for this demo they removed events to just focus on the envirement

As for the persona 5 argument, yeah id rather wait to see literally anything of that aside from some dude sitting silently in a train for 60 seconds, plsu P4 kind of burned me so its a bit of a rebuilder for me to get hyped again, though from the sounds of it it will be more akine to 2 and 3

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 2, 2014 7:18 PM

Nov 2008
live2win said:
Ezekiel said:

I didn't know that was universal to Japan, given how successful Justin Bieber and One Direction was in the West. The only possible difference is the main demographic who buy games in Japan are possibly teenagers to young adults in contrast.

Are you sure you're not just prejudiced towards androgynous, feminine boys? Even though there's only 2 of the group of 5 who could be classified as that.
I'm not seeing the Bieber and boy band influences in my games and movies. The worst that I'm seeing is over-masculinity. I hate how western RPGs often have big armors and weapons with lots of pointless spikes.

Nov 2, 2014 10:33 PM

Feb 2005
Ezekiel said:
I hate how western RPGs often have big armors and weapons with lots of pointless spikes.
I'd say the east wins when it comes to ridiculous armour as well though. WRPGs tend to be more realistic from what I see, with stuff that is more or less based on real armour. Apart from stuff like WoW at least.
Nov 2, 2014 11:30 PM

May 2010
I don't play Final Fantasy if I'm not prepared to have some fantasy in it.

Magic, Gunblades, snazzy dress codes, princes, magic jesters, ridiculous weaponry, and more. I signed up for all that.
Nov 3, 2014 1:20 AM

Jan 2013
Baman said:
Ezekiel said:
I hate how western RPGs often have big armors and weapons with lots of pointless spikes.
I'd say the east wins when it comes to ridiculous armour as well though. WRPGs tend to be more realistic from what I see, with stuff that is more or less based on real armour. Apart from stuff like WoW at least.

MFW giant armor with big spikes and shit in it are the signature features of:

1. Dark Souls - JRPG
2. Monster Hunter - Japanese Hack and Slash
3. Phantasy Star - Japanese MMO

Anyone got some more examples?
Nov 3, 2014 3:01 AM
Mar 2011
this will still beat 100/5 of western RPGS in story witch is what matters ot me
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 3, 2014 5:13 AM

Jan 2013
FGAU1912 said:

name some western rpgs.

inb4 skyrim
Nov 3, 2014 12:45 PM

Feb 2005
SolvitePriest said:
Virtually every Korean MMO.
FGAU1912 said:
Uh, lol, after seeing how 13 turned out I really wouldn't say that so confidently.

Although, I'm interested in seeing which will suck the least between this and the new Dragon Age. I think I'm gonna have to put my bets on XV, even if it turns out to be boyband roadtrip yaoi bait.
Nov 3, 2014 1:01 PM
Sep 2007
Everything is amazing, and nobody is happy...

Maybe you guys would want for current and later FF games to make you pancakes as well to be satisfied.
Nov 3, 2014 2:13 PM

Feb 2005
Psajdak said:
What, have you played it?
Whether or not the one-button hack and slash style is "amazing" is obviously a point of contention, but that car movement is simply awful.
Other than that we don't have much to go on.
Nov 3, 2014 2:58 PM
Mar 2011
SolvitePriest said:
FGAU1912 said:

name some western rpgs.

inb4 skyrim

they have gitteb weeker since since U7 that had deep franchise wide world building story pre U8 if any ame comes by EA i dbt its weill have godo story fater what they did Ulitima
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Nov 3, 2014 5:46 PM

May 2010
Baman said:
Psajdak said:
but that car movement is simply awful.

Nov 4, 2014 7:34 AM
Sep 2007
Baman said:
Whether or not the one-button hack and slash style is "amazing" is obviously a point of contention, but that car movement is simply awful.
Other than that we don't have much to go on.
That "everything is amazing" wasn't really just about FFXV, but rather about, well, that so many things are really good in today time, but no one appreciate it.

Like, how you once had to send hawks and pigeons with letters, and now everyone and their grandma has a cellphone that can Instagram every damn embarrassing moment of your life everywhere; even in 90s most of people had to go to the phone booths when they were out.

You can actually have sex with your phone these days for Christ's sake.

Just compare this giant turtle with something like this:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130721180147/finalfantasy/images/9/9b/Land_Turtle_FFII_NES.png

Or that blonde guy with Zell from FFVIII - both of their ingame versions.

Car movement...
I don't know, looks fine to me for a FF game.

I read people bitching about GTAV (even though it's fantastic big game), so I pretty much know that people in general are spoiled and ungrateful, and don't even pay the price that games deserve - new PSOne games cost over 70 dollars, which is about same for current titles.

Probably, when it comes to FF series, long time followers miss their childhood when they were crying ( :(((((((((((((( ) over overadramatical Sakaguchi's stories because they never experienced actual bad things in life, and thought those were things sad and emotional, coupled with Uematsu's music.

I mean, if we want to be honest, we can call just about any game like that garbage, just for the fact of grind need - it's like watching the same scene for ours.
You need to slash bastard hundreds of time to continue with story.

In that sense, instead of bitching, wouldn't it better if you just, like, didn't buy the game?

But then again, most people complain about downloaded music, movies, cartoons, and other stuff that they didn't even pay for, anyway...

We need horses back as the only way of transport, so maybe we will be reminded of what it mean to reach a destination in half hour, and what in half year.

Not to mention intercontinental flights...

Long story short, it's bound to be a good game.
Nov 4, 2014 9:27 AM

Jan 2013
Even if what the rumors say about FFXV are true about the combat... At least it sounds like it will be better than Dynasty Warriors
Nov 4, 2014 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
"looks fine for a final fantasy game"

excuses at their best
Nov 4, 2014 12:03 PM
Sep 2007
SolvitePriest said:

excuses at their best
You wrote over 12000 posts on this site in less than two years, plus, you were born in 1988, and have a profile picture of character about 10 years younger than yourself (To hide behind?).
I'm sorry, but taking all that in account, you are probably just a spammer who likes to provocate other people, and don't really have any goal in life aside from shitposting.
Not to mention "Priest" in your nickname for sake of sense of belonging to some non-existent group, or something.
Please, don't talk to me anymore, this site doesn't have ignore option, and I don't want to waste anymore of my time on spammer.

Back to topic: Like I said, I see no reason why this wouldn't be a one nice game.
Nov 4, 2014 2:24 PM

Jan 2013
Psajdak said:
SolvitePriest said:

excuses at their best
You wrote over 12000 posts on this site in less than two years, plus, you were born in 1988, and have a profile picture of character about 10 years younger than yourself (To hide behind?).
I'm sorry, but taking all that in account, you are probably just a spammer who likes to provocate other people, and don't really have any goal in life aside from shitposting.
Not to mention "Priest" in your nickname for sake of sense of belonging to some non-existent group, or something.
Please, don't talk to me anymore, this site doesn't have ignore option, and I don't want to waste anymore of my time on spammer.

Back to topic: Like I said, I see no reason why this wouldn't be a one nice game.

all that delicious ad hominem.

holy fuck
Nov 4, 2014 2:46 PM

Jul 2012
F0XFIRE said:
SolvitePriest said:
Nomura is the reason why the last few games have been shit.

Yeah they were shitty compared to the others though still passably decent I guess. Nomura's involvement would of resulted in this game possible pretty much being decent like the last few games but now that he's gone it's a little worrying.

Also I have no idea who the fuck the new guy is.

Nomura didn't touch Final Fantasy XIII other than the character designs.
The guy who directed XIII is the guy who directed X-2.

Quit complaining that Nomura hurt Final Fantasy. XV is Nomura's first Final Fantasy that he has much involvement in.
SolvitePriest said:
sorry to rage there but i actually enjoy fallout. Fallout 3 was an insult to the franchise, and i could care less about a sequel unless obsidian makes it, or the guy who writes for obsidian at least writes it.

>not following the lore makes a game bad
Well excuse me for disliking the Wild West and disliking how completely normal the world looked in New Vegas.
F0XFIRE said:
Not with The Witcher 3 coming out it isn't.

Seriously though no Nomura = possible shitty game.

I know the visuals are flashy and everything but I suggest not getting your hopes up too high for Final Fantasy Boy Band Road-trip Simulator.

But there were plenty of good Final Fantasy games that Nomura didn't direct.
TrishaCatNov 4, 2014 2:49 PM
Nov 4, 2014 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
Battlechili1 said:
F0XFIRE said:

Yeah they were shitty compared to the others though still passably decent I guess. Nomura's involvement would of resulted in this game possible pretty much being decent like the last few games but now that he's gone it's a little worrying.

Also I have no idea who the fuck the new guy is.

Nomura didn't touch Final Fantasy XIII other than the character designs.
The guy who directed XIII is the guy who directed X-2.

Quit complaining that Nomura hurt Final Fantasy. XV is Nomura's first Final Fantasy that he has much involvement in.
SolvitePriest said:
sorry to rage there but i actually enjoy fallout. Fallout 3 was an insult to the franchise, and i could care less about a sequel unless obsidian makes it, or the guy who writes for obsidian at least writes it.

>not following the lore makes a game bad
Well excuse me for disliking the Wild West and disliking how completely normal the world looked in New Vegas.
F0XFIRE said:
Not with The Witcher 3 coming out it isn't.

Seriously though no Nomura = possible shitty game.

I know the visuals are flashy and everything but I suggest not getting your hopes up too high for Final Fantasy Boy Band Road-trip Simulator.

But there were plenty of good Final Fantasy games that Nomura didn't direct.

The world is supposed to be normal in fallout.

its about 200 years later when the world gets it shit together again, and how we inevitably still go to war.

sorry you didnt get it.
Nov 4, 2014 10:40 PM

Nov 2008
A good example of how Final Fantasy art and a lot of modern Japanese art stinks.... Nomura's version of Catwoman:

Source:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-designer-nomura-gives-catwoman-a-new/1100-6422854/?utm_source=gamefaqs&;utm_medium=partner&;utm_content=news_module&;utm_campaign=homepage

Over-designed, grotesque and silly. I'm not a big fan of the roided out Arkham art style and would prefer more of a Year One (Frank Miller) look, but I'll happily take it over this childish trash.
EzekielNov 4, 2014 10:57 PM

Nov 5, 2014 12:35 AM

Nov 2014
It looks okay, don't think you can beat the classics though.

Too much spinning around in games = headache for me.

I think ever since Dial-up has been cancelled out more people have been interested in MMO's.
Nov 5, 2014 2:05 AM

Oct 2014
More importantly, its not the size of the open-world that really matters. It's what you FIND in it. One reason why Bethesda is held in such high-regard when it comes to open-worlds in video games is the random encounters and the beauty of the world in each Elder Scrolls and Fallout game.

Then again, I've been waiting so long for another good Final Fantasy game and FF15 looks the most promising in a while.
Nov 5, 2014 2:31 AM

Aug 2014
The Batman one's even more lame.

Nov 5, 2014 3:59 AM

Nov 2014
Khaosman said:
More importantly, its not the size of the open-world that really matters. It's what you FIND in it. One reason why Bethesda is held in such high-regard when it comes to open-worlds in video games is the random encounters and the beauty of the world in each Elder Scrolls and Fallout game.

Then again, I've been waiting so long for another good Final Fantasy game and FF15 looks the most promising in a while.

Agreed, we'll just have to wait and see. Although the trailer looks like an Medieval GTA.
Nov 5, 2014 6:04 AM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
SolvitePriest said:
Virtually every Korean MMO.
FGAU1912 said:
Uh, lol, after seeing how 13 turned out I really wouldn't say that so confidently.

Although, I'm interested in seeing which will suck the least between this and the new Dragon Age. I think I'm gonna have to put my bets on XV, even if it turns out to be boyband roadtrip yaoi bait.

how many literary prize winners are open ended look thougth the Booker prozr winners and the przis like it from other nations have gaiven there major litterry prizes to dinner story novels

gp thought out the history of them prizes and read all of them a see how much of them open stories thars it none

that is why most Japanese made RPGs are oign tp have better sttoies cuses there more classical literately speaking

th stoires can be dense just not open

Nov 5, 2014 7:35 AM

Oct 2014
FGAU1912 said:

how many literary prize winners are open ended look thougth the Booker prozr winners and the przis like it from other nations have gaiven there major litterry prizes to dinner story novels

gp thought out the history of them prizes and read all of them a see how much of them open stories thars it none

that is why most Japanese made RPGs are oign tp have better sttoies cuses there more classical literately speaking

Debatable. Current or ongoing WRPGs like The Witcher and the Dragon Age series (even though DA2 sucked bad) have pretty good stories. Only that in WRPGs, you don't play a hero's story. YOU are the hero. And that's only the scraping the tip of the iceberg, the older hybrid-RPG games like Deus Ex and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines not only have good stories but they offer an experience that JRPGs rarely give; choice.

But I will not lie, possibly my favorite story in an RPG was from a JRPG, Chrono Trigger. I still have my copy of it.
Nov 5, 2014 7:48 AM
Mar 2011
Khaosman said:
FGAU1912 said:

Debatable. Current or ongoing WRPGs like The Witcher and the Dragon Age series (even though DA2 sucked bad) have pretty good stories. Only that in WRPGs, you don't play a hero's story. YOU are the hero. And that's only the scraping the tip of the iceberg, the older hybrid-RPG games like Deus Ex and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines not only have good stories but they offer an experience that JRPGs rarely give; choice.

But I will not lie, possibly my favorite story in an RPG was from a JRPG, Chrono Trigger. I still have my copy of it.

black and white moral choice is not real choice

an dthat only answer 1/4 of the post if that

turn FFT in to a novel and them turn DA or alike in the a Novel a see what would more likey win prizes form pro critics like Bokker or there prizes in pther nation

Nov 5, 2014 8:06 AM

Oct 2014
FGAU1912 said:

turn FFT in to a novel and them turn DA or alike in the a Novel a see what would more likey win prizes form pro critics like Bokker or there prizes in pther nation

Its more than black and white. Sometimes, its grey. That happens in Dragon Age and The Witcher where certain choices do not have outright good or evil choices and consequences. And games like Fallout go further by not giving a single good outcome when you have to make a choice.

As for the book thing, that's cheating. Final Fantasy's stories are fixed, whether they're good or bad. Which means its much easier to turn a FF game into a book. Due to WRPGs being open-ended, its going to be hard to turn any of them into a book.

Again I have to make clear, the focus of JRPGs and WRPGs are different.
Nov 5, 2014 10:31 AM
Mar 2011
Khaosman said:
FGAU1912 said:

Its more than black and white. Sometimes, its grey. That happens in Dragon Age and The Witcher where certain choices do not have outright good or evil choices and consequences. And games like Fallout go further by not giving a single good outcome when you have to make a choice.

As for the book thing, that's cheating. Final Fantasy's stories are fixed, whether they're good or bad. Which means its much easier to turn a FF game into a book. Due to WRPGs being open-ended, its going to be hard to turn any of them into a book.

Again I have to make clear, the focus of JRPGs and WRPGs are different.

japanese rog tok there ifuncafe form he west hell wiszrdy is still alive alive here s

hpw os the book thing un there when yi moss understood what i was the book thing

Nov 5, 2014 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
Now that I think about it, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

would have made a good Ghibli style tv series. The entire damn thing is based on a book too
Nov 5, 2014 10:59 AM
Sep 2007
Can someone teach me how to read FGAU1912's posts?

Btw, Nomura's Catwoman and Batman look awesome.
Nov 5, 2014 11:06 AM
Mar 2011
Psajdak said:

i hate nomura

Nov 5, 2014 11:19 AM
Sep 2007
FGAU1912 said:
I hate Nomura.
Fixed.
Learn to write properly.

As for Nomura, I'm not really his biggest fan ever either, but as someone also draws (and badly at that), I know just how much is he skilled at it, and how much he's improved to this day.

It's not all that much about his style, as is about quality and proportions; you don't get to this level without hundreds and hundreds of drawings.
Nov 5, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
Psajdak said:

please god no.

also nomura is shit, he single handedly ruined final fantasy

first he made FF8 which was pure and utter shit, then he forced real world allegories like cars and shit in.

Then he started adding machine guns and other bullshit and now hes finally converted EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER into a jpop spikey haired faggot
Nov 5, 2014 2:57 PM

Jan 2013
SolvitePriest said:
Psajdak said:

please god no.

first he made FF8 which was pure and utter shit, then he forced real world allegories like cars and shit in.

Then he started adding machine guns and other bullshit and now hes finally converted EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER into a jpop spikey haired faggot
Sazh had an afro
Nov 5, 2014 4:35 PM

Dec 2013
TC linked an article to Kotaku, why would you do this, that website is terrible, please get your news somewhere else, as a favor to humanity.

Anyways 15 looks great, as for Real Life stuff not belonging in FF games, that is a load of crud, it is a fantasy game, if they wanted they could make the next game only have flying pigs and space ships, it would still be a final fantasy game, it might suck, but you can do whatever you want in a Fantasy, that is the point.
also
VitaminCaim said:
Sazh had an afro
Nov 6, 2014 9:53 AM

Feb 2005
FGAU1912 said:
Actually, both would have a pretty fair chance. Turning something with choices into a novel is super fucking simple too, you just pick out some of the choices and voila, you have a linear story.

And really, having played all the FF games and a lot of multi-choice WRPGs I really can't stand behind some ludicrous statement that FF has better stories because they're linear, that's simply bonkers.
And even beside the story quality, having choices means you get a sort of immersion that is impossible from merely playing a linear game.
Nov 6, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2012
Ezekiel said:
A good example of how Final Fantasy art and a lot of modern Japanese art stinks.... Nomura's version of Catwoman:

Source:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-designer-nomura-gives-catwoman-a-new/1100-6422854/?utm_source=gamefaqs&;utm_medium=partner&;utm_content=news_module&;utm_campaign=homepage

Over-designed, grotesque and silly. I'm not a big fan of the roided out Arkham art style and would prefer more of a Year One (Frank Miller) look, but I'll happily take it over this childish trash.

That looks cool as heck, but I know what you're talking about.
This game doesn't look bad at all though. The character designs are meh, but the monster designs are amazing and beat the crap out of Western monster designs which are all based on Tolkien fantasy.
And there's hardly anything childish about it. Overdesigned, yes, but not childish. And by the looks of it Nomura is calming down with his overdesign and learning from his mistakes. Honestly the characters don't really look all that detailed in XV. Fairly boring looking. The weapons look nice though, as do the monsters.

SolvitePriest said:

Nomura didn't make a single Final Fantasy game.
All he did were character and monster designs. Get your facts straight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Nomura
XV is his first FF game, and there's nothing wrong with machine guns and cars being in a Final Fantasy game.

The only games Nomura had much power over were:
Kingdom Hearts (anything)
The World Ends with You
Final Fantasy XV

Oh, and what do you know, all of Nomura's finished games are good. I can understand taking issue with his style, but his games aren't bad. And to reiterate because I can't stress this enough, he didn't do much in any Final Fantasy game except for XV. Which isn't even out yet.
TrishaCatNov 6, 2014 12:22 PM
Nov 6, 2014 12:36 PM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
FGAU1912 said:
Actually, both would have a pretty fair chance. Turning something with choices into a novel is super fucking simple too, you just pick out some of the choices and voila, you have a linear story.

And really, having played all the FF games and a lot of multi-choice WRPGs I really can't stand behind some ludicrous statement that FF has better stories because they're linear, that's simply bonkers.
And even beside the story quality, having choices means you get a sort of immersion that is impossible from merely playing a linear game.

that wold irk the fans babdly of choice nbased RPGs that the novel are not there thay like the choose you own adventor style idea i find thre last teo es games have been spliyifed anf mked choces have less eefact on the world at large

Nov 6, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2012
At least there's going to be a demo of FF XV if you buy Final Fantasy Type 0 (Umm maybe its only if you pre order it? Can't remember).

Well have a faint guess that Its not going to be the same as when they release FF XII Demo with Dragon Quest VIII and most people bought DQ8 for only playing the FF XII Demo, but many ended up liking DQ 8 more than the actual FF Game when it was released later :P

Well I'm currently playing DQ8 and its pretty decent but nothing extraordinary, around 5 hrs into it. Story seems pretty generic and cheesy (especially to me after playing RPGS with darker atmosphere and very serious pplots and grand scale type shit like Knights of the Old Republic, Xenogears, FF 7) , but the environment and music of the game is really well done, and the characters are pretty charming..
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

4 by DreamWindow »»
5 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
10 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
10 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.