Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2009 5:28 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 7, 2009 8:06 PM
Nov 2008
Interesting episode, although the "rescue the damsel in distress" act and Kou caught Akane changing in her room part was a little cliché to my taste.

It's getting more and more apparent that Aoba likes Kou (getting jealous over Kou saving Akane from the flasher, telling Kou that although Akane looks and behaves like Wakaba, she's not Wakaba, etc). It was really cute to see Aoba thanking Kou for getting worried when she was late for practice.

I laughed out loud when Azuma "excused" himself when he, Kou and Aoba were heading home from practice. I guess even he can tell that something's going on between the two of them. Even so, why did he eventually end up in the 4-sided relationship (as implied at the end of OP)?

It was also really funny for Akaishi to talk about the "red thread of fate" with Akane (in next episode's preview). What a lousy pick-up line, not forgetting that it's really :S to hear a guy like him to say such things XXD
Nov 8, 2009 10:34 AM

Nov 2008
I got the download for this episode, too! (the "present" they mention at the beginning and end of the pisode) :)
Nov 8, 2009 7:48 PM

Jul 2009
cerulean18 said:

Even so, why did he eventually end up in the 4-sided relationship (as implied at the end of OP)?
It's not four side..like i said before don't forget Mizuki and Akaishi..Akaishi also love Wakaba, don't you think he doesn't disturbed too with Akane's appearance?

And about Azuma, he is probably admire Aoba right now, she is a great baseball player and also pretty, it's just a matter of time before he fall for her..even though i don't really fond about that development..he is supporting Aoba x Kou since the beginning and then in the end he fall for Aoba too?

Also i see that Aoba is worried with Kou x Akane..but worried about what? is she worried that Kou will make Akane as the replacement for Wakaba? Jealousy? or She is worried that Kou will eventually forget Wakaba?
Nov 8, 2009 8:45 PM

Jan 2008
Nice episode again. Things are getting quite interesting eh?
Nov 8, 2009 9:37 PM

Oct 2007
yay for plot! somewhat cliche with how kou has no idea about aoba, but i can deal with that
Nov 8, 2009 11:51 PM

May 2009
Wonder if Akane is used to the weird reactions she's been getting from everyone who knew Wakaba. It would be nice if someone clued her in soon. Another enjoyable episode. They can't come soon enough.
Nov 9, 2009 1:23 AM

Jul 2008
ArcticMech said:
Wonder if Akane is used to the weird reactions she's been getting from everyone who knew Wakaba. It would be nice if someone clued her in soon. Another enjoyable episode. They can't come soon enough.
Seriously. Is her hair that bad, or something? Good episode.
Nov 9, 2009 1:58 AM

Feb 2009
I love this episode. Kou kicked ass
100 meters
Nov 9, 2009 6:08 AM

Nov 2007
Yet another great episode. It's starting to get painful waiting for the next one. :V
Nov 9, 2009 6:39 AM

Oct 2009
Details in this episode was really nice.Aoba's pause when Kou asked her blood type too, Kou's anxienty about Aoba's absence..
For now Akane is like catalsyt for faster development between Kou and Aoba.I don't hate her even though i usually hate third wheels.

Laevantein said:

And about Azuma, he is probably admire Aoba right now, she is a great baseball player and also pretty, it's just a matter of time before he fall for her..even though i don't really fond about that development..he is supporting Aoba x Kou since the beginning and then in the end he fall for Aoba too?

It's true that Azuma just admires Aoba right now.But as the KouxAkane relationship develeops AzumaxAoba relationship will develop too.And their development very very related to each other.As Kou gets closer to Akane, Aoba-Kou distance will grow.And Azuma is not blind to not to see that.

PS. I think Kou's expression when he saw Akane changing was better in manga.(ch 97 i guess)
zenzennaiNov 9, 2009 6:45 AM

Nov 9, 2009 8:53 AM

Mar 2009
Yea the story is progressing... can't wait to see the next one! >.<
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Nov 9, 2009 11:30 AM

Aug 2008
I was utterly bored by this episode. Everything felt so recycled that I was completely detached from the episode. They really need to start moving things forward instead of settling on Wakaba and Akane being so alike. I'm tired of hearing that phrase just with regard to Aoba and Kou. It's just too much.
Nov 9, 2009 12:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Rather lighthearted episode. We get to see Akane's personality....

I don't find it repetitive...yet....It's a nice slice-of-life series for now....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 10, 2009 7:56 AM
Nov 2008
Laevantein said:
It's not four side..like i said before don't forget Mizuki and Akaishi..Akaishi also love Wakaba, don't you think he doesn't disturbed too with Akane's appearance?
Haha.. To me, Mizuki is totally out of the game.. Aoba doesn't even see him that way. As for Akaishi, I'm not too sure about his odds. But I guess it's really obvious that he has been staring hard at Akane in the ED and from the preview, you can tell that he has fallen in love with Akane-Wakaba. The main point is that the 4 characters in the clover have more complicated relationships with one another as compared to Mizuki and Akaishi.

Laevantein said:
even though i don't really fond about that development..he is supporting Aoba x Kou since the beginning and then in the end he fall for Aoba too?
That's also the part that I'm confused about. Even though Azuma always pair Kou with Aoba in front of Kou, he (may?) fall for her in the future. While I understand the respect he holds with regards to her attitude towards baseball (from Ep 29), I wonder what may be the cause of the attraction.

Laevantein said:
Also i see that Aoba is worried with Kou x Akane..but worried about what?
To me, it seems that she's more jealous that furious at Kou. If she was worried that Kou will take Akane as a replacement and forget Wakaba completely, she would have probably beaten the heck out of him when Kou-Akane relationship gets closer. Instead, she merely reminded Kou that Akane is not Wakaba.
cerulean18Nov 10, 2009 8:03 AM
Nov 10, 2009 9:36 PM

May 2008
its gonna snow xD, nice episode i liked every part of it, i like the father's reaction :D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 11, 2009 12:32 AM

Mar 2009
another funny episode~

the existance of Akane made the anime more interesting~
Nov 11, 2009 9:12 AM

Sep 2008
Great ep as always~

Liked seeing Aoba getting jealous over Kou .. Kou n Akane's relationship is becoming rly close (Well, they're neighbors n she looks like the long dead Wakaba ^ ^)

Kou saved Akane from the culprit. then Aoba saved Akane from another guy trying to be a hero .. (meh, very old way or rather cliche -__-)

Aoba's Father was shocked when he saw Akane!

Kou was worried when Aoba came late to practice (cuz' she saved Akane). n yea, not to forget, in the beginning of the ep Aoba told Kou a lot of info she gathered about Akane.

Kou "accidentally" saw Akane changing her clothes .. then she immediately pulled the curtains after recovering from the shock xD

peke-chan said:

PS. I think Kou's expression when he saw Akane changing was better in manga.(ch 97 i guess)

Yeah, I 100% agree with u ^ ^ It was certainly better ..
n btw, I just checked it out (Since I'm not a manga-reader) actually this ep ended with the end of chp. 108! We're rly close to the manga >_<"
This ep had 4 chps!
n not to forget, Akane's changing scene was by the end of chp. 107, here:
http://www.onemanga.com/Cross_Game/107/18/
It was rly better. n in the manga she was almost in her underwear! guess the anime is meant for smaller ages ...
Thnx for pointing that out, peke-chan ^.^

5/5 ep!!

Keep it up, Cross Game!!

Looking forward 2 next ep n "The Red Thread of Fate"~
Kaito__KidNov 11, 2009 9:16 AM

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Nov 11, 2009 3:09 PM

Oct 2009
Tensai-Kun said:

n btw, I just checked it out (Since I'm not a manga-reader) actually this ep ended with the end of chp. 108! We're rly close to the manga >_<"
This ep had 4 chps!
n not to forget, Akane's changing scene was by thed of chp. 107, here:
http://www.onemanga.com/Cross_Game/107/18/
It was rly better. n in the manga she was almost in her underwear! guess the anime is meant for smaller ages ...
Thnx for pointing that out, peke-chan ^.^

You're welcome ^_^ Actually I checked and it's weird but we're both right :D At Onemanga it's 107, at Mangafox it's 97
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/cross_game/v11/c097/19.html

Also there're so many things to happen in remaining 19 episodes.So don't worry about manga and anime getting closer.And manga is on-hold right now. So it's natural to get really close (Adachi left all readers with a huge cliffhanger and took a break =_= )Manga is expected to restart again around mid-late november.At least i hope...

Nov 11, 2009 5:07 PM
Dec 2008
Guys... I'm starting to fall for Akane :(
I have to stop doing so, I love Aoba so much more. Aoba x Kou finally getting started.
Great episode, Azuma is the man for excusing himself.
Nov 17, 2009 7:32 AM

Sep 2008
peke-chan said:
You're welcome ^_^ Actually I checked and it's weird but we're both right :D At Onemanga it's 107, at Mangafox it's 97
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/cross_game/v11/c097/19.html

Also there're so many things to happen in remaining 19 episodes.So don't worry about manga and anime getting closer.And manga is on-hold right now. So it's natural to get really close (Adachi left all readers with a huge cliffhanger and took a break =_= )Manga is expected to restart again around mid-late november.At least i hope...

Oh, That's rly weird >_<"

Yay! good to hear!!

and no wonder we're getting really close to the manga now that I know it is on-hold ...

Adaichi sure likes to make people suffer from a cliffhanger for a long time ... =_=

Hope it rly restarts again soon ..

at least finishes before the anime does. I don't wanna see a crappy anime-only ending -__- like most animes do ...

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Mar 23, 2010 10:21 PM

Oct 2008
noteDhero said:
I was utterly bored by this episode. Everything felt so recycled that I was completely detached from the episode. They really need to start moving things forward instead of settling on Wakaba and Akane being so alike. I'm tired of hearing that phrase just with regard to Aoba and Kou. It's just too much.
Jun 13, 2010 12:28 AM

Sep 2009
First a random robbery and now a random pervert? I enjoyed the episode though.
Sep 15, 2010 2:10 AM

Feb 2010
A save from Kou followed by three more villains, three punches from a good samaritan, three resulting KOs, a change of heart, yet another save from Aoba, and all in the meanwhile our damsel in distress remains completely unphased.

This show is not as good as it began :(
hellogoodbyeSep 15, 2010 2:19 AM
Oct 10, 2010 7:47 PM

Sep 2008
I support Akane x Ko.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2010 1:29 PM

Sep 2008
I can't help but like Akane as a character... I love soba (and her family owns a soba place?! So awesome) and I love drawing. XD Ah well... Still all for Aoba x Kou, of course. Many relationships between characters seem to be getting more complicated as the story progresses... (Not a bad thing or anything!)

Oh, and seriously - who changes with their curtains or blinds not drawn... and RIGHT next to the window?! I guess she just forgot, but still... I hope she doesn't place any blame on Kou for that, since it was really her own fault for being careless...
Aug 7, 2012 12:56 PM

Jun 2009
Im so lost right now..I really liked Wakaba for Kou..but too bad wakaba died..I had a very hard time convincing myself to like Aoba for Kou.. and when Im starting to like her and accept her as a partner for kou,, Akane shows up .. Arrggggggggggg ! damn you author !!

now its more frustrating for me !! you see aoba is just the second option the way I see it.. But now there's a better Option again(Akane) it will be harder for me to accept the KouXAoba relationship.. T_T
Aug 12, 2012 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
This is one love triangle I don't mind. I'm actually interested to see where things will go.
Sep 19, 2012 10:11 AM

Sep 2011
Ah Akane is such a nice girl, but Aoba x Kou is just starting to develop! Must resist! ;-;
Mar 9, 2014 4:27 AM

Aug 2013
Aoba better make her move now or else Akane...wait I like Akane for Kou ^^
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 23, 2014 9:09 PM

Aug 2013
That ending reassured me that Koh and Aoba relationship hasn't changed xD

Akane add an interresting dynamic. ''She look like her, she act like her... But she isn't Waka-chan'', I think it resume the whole episode. It just isn't Wakaba, just a nostalgic feeling.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 9, 2014 12:46 PM

Feb 2013
More Akane, as Kou alongside most of the cast can't help but think "wakaba?"

though they do realize that it isn't her their reactions are well justified especially The father and Akaichi.

OH gods >.< wee bit of a nude shot on akane. "oh Kou you perv you xD"
I cracked up a bit on that scene.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Nov 16, 2014 9:53 PM

Mar 2013
Aoba and Kou's relationship is really interesting, and it's nice to see that it's heading into a nice direction. I wonder how would Akane feel when they finally tell her what's up.

Blank stares everywhere yet again.
Jan 10, 2015 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
Ugh, Akane is going to have to get clued in sooner or later.
Jan 18, 2015 2:43 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Why does Akane have to be so cute and have such a nice personality?
Jun 10, 2015 3:56 PM

Nov 2014
"It's your fault, it is all because you said thank you." lol'd so hard here XD
I feel sorry for Akane, everyone is interested in her because she looks like someone dear, I hope she knows about that soon.
Oct 20, 2015 6:12 PM

Dec 2014
For a second there at the end I thought the announcement was also going to say that Akane died lol. Glad that didn't happen.
Jan 3, 2016 12:59 AM

Jun 2009
Feb 2, 2016 1:56 PM

Nov 2011
I think this is the first time I've agreed with noteDhero. I think settling on these reactions alone will become stale fast. If they're going to bring her in, Akane needs to contribute to the story somehow.
Apr 17, 2016 1:39 AM

Dec 2015
I like Akane. And it is so nice to see Kou together with her coz she really looks like Wakaba. But as much I want Akane for Kou, there is Aoba. </3 </3
Aug 9, 2018 5:41 AM

Feb 2013
Too much Akane for my taste, I want to get back to the training and the Aoba x Kou moments.
Aug 16, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2015
19:55 Nice wingman move there Azuma with 'forgetting your railpass'. I hope someone is going to inform Akane soon about Wakaba since everyone is acting bit weird around her.

Aug 16, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2015
19:55 Nice wingman move there Azuma with 'forgetting your railpass'. I hope someone is going to inform Akane soon about Wakaba since everyone is acting bit weird around her.

Jan 1, 2022 6:41 AM

Jan 2018
Man all these Akane scenes make me wonder how the story now would be like if Waka-chan was still alive. Would it be a love triangle between Waka, Ko and Aoba? Would Akaishi even be an option? I guess it'd be too complicated.

Is that pervert the same guy from earlier into the series? Nah, can't be.

I like the development of Aoba and Ko's relationship so far. At first she was annoying like Yuka from Touch but unlike her Aoba eventually became very likable. Add in Akane and we now have another love triangle that's actually fun to watch. I'm almost sure from the preview that Akaishi will end up with Akane though.

More topics from this board

» Help: Cross Game filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Dec 28, 2023

6 by zckfox »»
Dec 28, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BlowITA - Apr 12, 2009

66 by -mmdll- »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:43 AM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fanty - Apr 5, 2009

194 by Ethan348 »»
Jul 3, 2023 3:30 PM

» Cross Game Soundtrack

falph - Apr 5, 2010

8 by StewedBeefHaunch »»
Jun 18, 2023 2:04 PM

Poll: » Cross Game Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 27, 2010

279 by animejas »»
Apr 27, 2023 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.