Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2014 11:18 PM

May 2013
Kaori's performance was brilliant. So much eargasm.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Oct 16, 2014 11:37 PM
Nov 2013
Kaori's performance was amazing! Everything about that scene was perfect. Kousei likes Kaori, there will definitely be some drama later on. This episode was amazing, I don't even care about the drop in animation quality. Looks like this is the series that will fill the void Nagi no Asukara left
Oct 16, 2014 11:38 PM

Dec 2012
Great performance by Kaori. So intense and really beautiful.
Really liking this show. Looking forward to seeing more.
Love the cherry blossoms throughout the show.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 17, 2014 12:20 AM

Jan 2009
A veeeeeeery strong second episode if you ask me. The pace seems to be good. I just get the feeling of all this, not that I have much of a rational explanation for these opinions lol.

Can't wait for next week!
Oct 17, 2014 12:22 AM

Jun 2013
My high hopes have been slightly crushed.

These past two episodes have been kinda cringe, hate the whole she likes friend and he likes her while other girl like him thing. BLEH
Oct 17, 2014 12:30 AM
Dec 2013
this show has so many feels. looking forward to how far it goes.
Oct 17, 2014 12:42 AM

Sep 2012
I really love the OP and ED, can't get over with it <3
I don't know what The Kreutzer Kousei said, but I love how Kaori played it on her own style. She's so pretty and astonishing, so clever.
Lol when Kousei tried to shoot the ball and it bounced back to his forehead. haha
I feel bad for Tsubaki because Kousei can't see that she likes him.
I think Kaori and Kousei have a small feelings for each other, they're just not showing it.
That ending, I love the romance of this anime.
Gonna wait again for a week >3<
Oct 17, 2014 1:07 AM

Dec 2013
According to the anime's episode 1 and 2 pre-airing event today, it was announced that manga Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso will end its serialization next Spring and that the anime will adapting up to the end of the story.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1278867#FU28xEwAjjRxO1DG.99

Very nice. Now I don't need to worry about having to wait for a sequel, thank god, and 24 episodes is the minimum amount needed for a show to be good in my list.
Oct 17, 2014 1:15 AM

Aug 2013
Wow that performance was fucking awesome. It was gorgeous. I don't even care for classical music, yet I had my jaw hit the floor from anime Beethoven. Like damn.

I really like how the MC has like those really descriptive monologues. It's like he's painting a picture on top of the anime. It makes everything seem so much more vivid.

Really enjoying this series so far, I already cant wait for next week!
Oct 17, 2014 1:52 AM

May 2014
Something about the way Kaori's face is drawn kind of creeps me out. But other than that, this anime is shaping up to be a really good romance/drama show. I hope it doesn't let me down like some other animes...(glasslip *cough)
Oct 17, 2014 1:54 AM
Jul 2014
Stills, stills everywhere.

That hand shaking thing saved the episode and Kaori's character from being dull. I hope her character develops in something more than just the "ray of hope/the world is a rainbow" girl that she currently is.

Agreeing with people saying that:
- dialogues may use some improvement;
- animation quality throughout is inconsistent.

Aside from this, a fine episode. The author clearly has a fetish for sakura petals. And I'm not sure why, but I can't stand the male lead.
Oct 17, 2014 2:36 AM

Sep 2014
Man, that episode flew by so fast. Great show so far and hope this continues to be enjoyable.
Oct 17, 2014 3:08 AM

Apr 2012
great episode minus the animation budget cuts lol

slightly impressed by this shounen romance since I tend to favor shoujos/josei over everything else

Oct 17, 2014 3:12 AM

Apr 2013
Myself I am a fan of violinist and youtuber Lindsey Stirling, and Kaori feels nearly as the anime version of Lindsey.

Anyhow, I loved this episode with all my heart, this show will for sure be the favorite this season and has great potential to be the best anime I've watched. Ever. (Personal interests)
Oct 17, 2014 3:25 AM
Dec 2012
Jakerams said:
bdraan said:
hi guys, can anyone here tell me what does friend A mean, please?
Pretty much he's in the supporting role to make his friend look good.

Fatma94 said:
bdraan said:
hi guys, can anyone here tell me what does friend A mean, please?

It's just like Tsubaki said, he's only there so that she's doesn't get third-wheeled. He's just like a supporting character, and it is not that important for Kaori to know his name since she's interested in Watari. That's what I think. I could be wrong, though.

thank you :$

I have another wondering ^^
can anyone explain what does this scene from 18:35 to 19:00 mean, please?
it was difficult to me to understand because it is not my native language
so be gentle with me :D
Oct 17, 2014 3:25 AM

May 2009
cometta222 said:
friend a. he's going deep in the friendzone now, that made me died a little inside. loved the performance. their early relationship kinda reminds me of golden time's

No it doesn't.
Oct 17, 2014 3:31 AM

May 2014
The animation for Kaori's Performance was brilliant, and the music was amazing. This is really shaping up to be a great series.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Oct 17, 2014 3:40 AM

Jul 2012
Her performance was fantastic in every way and it was too dynamic for most judges to even understand her brilliance.

Man, I am loving the plot and characters so much I cannot even stand it.

I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL ANOTHER EPISODE COMES OUT!!!

Great episode!!!
Oct 17, 2014 4:28 AM

May 2013
Her performance was exquisitely spectacular! She made her own piece out of that? Such talent and passion should be beyond popular! Little girls even gave her flowers.
Kousei is just Friend A, a substitute. Well, not long until the 'friend' will become another even better than a friend. Looking forward for the next episode!
Oct 17, 2014 5:50 AM

Aug 2013
DejWoSWK said:
So far I like this a lot. But why do I get the feeling that the date with Watari was arranged so she could actually meet Kousei?

I have a feeling it was that way. Tsubaki most likely mentions to Kaori that Kousei played the piano in the past. So after her performance she is obviously curious on what he thinks of her playing so she directly asks him (also the hand-grabbing to make him come to the concert in episode 1). She is probably interested in him because he plays the piano. Not interested in that way yet.
TazuOct 17, 2014 5:59 AM
Oct 17, 2014 6:01 AM

Oct 2014
I think I'm in love

A-1 did a superb adaptation in terms of production to an already great manga.

Premise is simple but I love a good romance, with this added with music. This romance is going pretty well, and now is a guy being the one lovestruck
My life is boring cause I'm boring
If you're not at school what can you do, you stare at a screen of bright pixels
Oct 17, 2014 6:04 AM

Jun 2007
Very enjoyable episode. Certainly going to be one of the animes I'm going to watch without delay this season.

Would've preferred if the characters were a little older, and that there wasn't comedic animation at points so it could have more of a serious tone throughout, but otherwise it's a really good show so far.

8/10.
Oct 17, 2014 6:12 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Also this episode deserves an extra point in voting.
It performs well this episode, continuing the action remained pending before.
Narrative that immediately creates an atmosphere of melancholy and sweet when he has the opportunity, thanks to the designs and scenarios that receive a strong impact on me.
The characters are maturing well, and in a gradual manner, I hope the next episode will come soon.
This anime is probably the best series of the season sentimental, the conditions are still there.
Oct 17, 2014 6:14 AM

Jun 2008
Holy crap that performance!
And the soundtrack is so good.
Oct 17, 2014 6:29 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was so astonishing I had goosebumps.
Oct 17, 2014 6:40 AM

Jan 2013
Great performance, I felt it even though I dont know about Music's field. The animation resembles 5 cm/s's animation so much, I freaking love it. The atmosphere was great in this episode too.

It is just me or the title of the series meant the moment when Kaori said "You're his substitute"?
Oct 17, 2014 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
bastek66 said:
cometta222 said:
friend a. he's going deep in the friendzone now, that made me died a little inside. loved the performance. their early relationship kinda reminds me of golden time's

No it doesn't.

Yes it 100% does, but everything in Shigatsu is 10x better than Golden Time.
Oct 17, 2014 7:29 AM

Sep 2014
THIS WAS BEAUTIFUL IN EVERY WAY!

The Music!, The Camera angles!, The Visuals!, The Costume!

Just amazing. It gave me goosebumps on that entire performance (especially watching it on tv full blast! :-D)
And its just ep 2!
Oct 17, 2014 7:33 AM

Aug 2008
These backgrounds are completely wasted by ugly looking character design. Everyone looks like punched in the face, especially lips. Speaking of which, I don't think this show can be more in your face with what is supposed to be amazing, beautiful or sad. Well, not like you can expect anything else from a shoujo series... Oh wait.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 17, 2014 7:56 AM

Jul 2012
It's nice when you can actually HEAR THE MUSIC in a story that's music centered. That's why I'm probably gonna hold off on the manga instead of just going and reading chapters (considering that this'll be a full adaptation). I wish I could have held off until the anime was done so that I'm not left wondering every episode, but now that I'm invested I can't stop (which is a good sign).

Honestly, though, that was an excellent rendition and very musically pleasing.
Oct 17, 2014 8:37 AM

Apr 2014
This anime is just made for me. Romance that is not a harem or based on fanservice, drama and ofcourse classic music. For me watching this as a expert in both playing piano and violin just makes me feel like a nerd but YES FINALLY!
I am a straight woman and I like boobs.
-Said no feminist ever
Oct 17, 2014 9:05 AM

Jun 2014
Looks obvious to me that she's interested in Friend A and not Watari. She wanted him to ask her to hang out, well thats what it looks like. She seems so interested in him for no reason.

I mean she came to ask him right away how she did (and seemed so sad when he was gonna answer "not bad")
Oct 17, 2014 10:58 AM

Apr 2014
Loved the episode. Music can change our lives through the flow of emotions.

The girl has mixed opinions about our MC, It's kinda predictable that they're going to end up in a relationship LMAO. Even the opening tells you that.
Oct 17, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2013
Beautiful episode! AOTS so far! :)
Oct 17, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
This is a wonderful show. From the artwork and direction to the pacing and the atmosphere. Simply splendid.
Oct 17, 2014 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
StormBoi said:
Looks obvious to me that she's interested in Friend A and not Watari. She wanted him to ask her to hang out, well thats what it looks like. She seems so interested in him for no reason.

I mean she came to ask him right away how she did (and seemed so sad when he was gonna answer "not bad")

Are you going to ignore the fact that he was considerably famous,at least,based on what could be seen from the' reactions of competing people,because he won a piano competition at quite young age?
Oct 17, 2014 3:30 PM

Jun 2010
This is has to be the anime of the season if you exclude the ones with humongous fan bases already. her violin recital gave me Goosebumps.

I can already smell the complex romance.
Female Childhood friend like MC, but MC likes Heroine, but Heroine like MC's best friend and MC's best friend just wants to get laid.

this show is a definite keeper. Classical Music FTW !!!!!!!!
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 17, 2014 3:39 PM
Jul 2013
I'm liking this anime! :D
It's so full of colour and joy! ^^
I hope it doesn't end tragically...
Oct 17, 2014 4:44 PM

Feb 2014
Awesome episode.
5/5
Oct 17, 2014 5:38 PM

Mar 2012
Now I feel like listening to some violin music. Anyone have any recommendations? If so, I'd appreciate some, as I have no idea where to start.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 17, 2014 6:05 PM

Jul 2011
I liked her performance. She really made it into her own, and she was having fun with it.

Saying that, why did I believe the person who told me this was music focused? It's just screaming romance at me. Really. The music was nice though.

And the female eyes bother me. So damn big and round...
Oct 17, 2014 6:26 PM

Feb 2014
Josh- said:
Now I feel like listening to some violin music. Anyone have any recommendations? If so, I'd appreciate some, as I have no idea where to start.

Beethoven composed 10 violin sonatas, and the anime just displayed a few seconds from the 9th. Just go from there. If you're tired of him, you can look into Mozart, Mendelssohn, Schubert and baroque music (Locatelli, Corelli, Biber, etc)
Oct 17, 2014 6:47 PM

Oct 2013
Oh my goodness, this episode was beautiful; so much better than the first episode, wow. Only thing I didn't like was the bad attempts at generic comedy. This show would be lots better as a pure drama with only touches of genuine comedy here and there. Loved it anyway.
ZadionOct 19, 2014 1:51 AM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 17, 2014 7:12 PM

Dec 2009
God that episode went to fast, YOU'RE BLOWING IT FRIEND A, BLOWING IT
Oct 17, 2014 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
This. is. PERFECT. I've never been so interested in a music genre anime, amazing performance btw.

Here, take my kokoro anime-san.
Oct 17, 2014 7:36 PM

Mar 2012
surfboard_ said:
Beethoven composed 10 violin sonatas, and the anime just displayed a few seconds from the 9th. Just go from there. If you're tired of him, you can look into Mozart, Mendelssohn, Schubert and baroque music (Locatelli, Corelli, Biber, etc)
Sounds good, thanks!
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 17, 2014 7:42 PM

Nov 2013
SakurasouBusters said:
Beautiful episode! AOTS so far! :)
Oct 17, 2014 8:30 PM

Aug 2013
Well, that sure suck to earn the title of the ''substitute''. A substitute will never be the number one.

Is it me or it seemed like Kaori knew who Arima was? When she asked to Watari how her performance was, it was more like she asked the opinion of a fan, but when she asked Arima, it was more like she was looking for a more critic answer. But he never said that he was a pianist, so she couldn't know except if Tsubaki told her or if she knew him when he was a prodigy.

They sure got low in their budget when they did the scene between Watari and Arima. Oh well, I find it more funny than anything else.

Kaori performance was really stunning compared to the other ones, but... Is it me or she just played a different part? It definitely wasn't the same notes that they were playing... I don't know that sonata at all, but it just seemed to me like they were playing totally different melody or different part of the said melody.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Oct 17, 2014 8:35 PM
Jul 2014
Kaori definitely seems more interested in MC than Watari. Watari's probably an excuse. The atmosphere so far seems good, can't believe I'm watching & liking classical music lol.
Oct 17, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2010
This is a beautiful show. Its well animated, and the music that goes with it is fantastic when they are paired together. I'm not a fan of classical music, but I'm liking the way it works as a medium of representation of the characters in this!

I pretty well know how it will end, but it will be a great 20 episode journey of feels to get there, and I'm completely on board!
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

331 by RickHatake »»
Apr 23, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2015

243 by Miyakirauhciyama »»
Apr 23, 4:46 AM

» Let me share my experience to re-watching it again

GuyWithoutFear - Apr 13

1 by falko92 »»
Apr 20, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2015

295 by kyledluffy »»
Apr 16, 11:18 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1174 by LordArmandtrox »»
Apr 16, 9:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.