Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 8, 2014 1:19 AM

Mar 2014
Hmm interesting.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 8, 2014 1:53 AM

Aug 2012
This one is fairly average, but since there aren't too many other shows that I planned to watch for this season, I suppose I will stick with this one.
Oct 8, 2014 2:36 AM

Apr 2010
Something tells me there's more to Dark and Dark than we're lead to believe.
Oct 8, 2014 6:05 AM

Apr 2011
Useless protagonist is useless.. I'll wait 2-3 eps before dropping it, but for now it's pretty bad.
Oct 8, 2014 7:30 AM

Aug 2009
When I saw those red boxing gloves from the Boxing club caption from Kill la Kill, I knew Trigger must have been involved with this in some way^^

Overall, nice ep. Liked how they actually got chuuni powers xD
Seems like this is gonna be a funny series. I like that^^
Oct 8, 2014 8:05 AM

Dec 2013
I want to be in such a literature club too lol.
Awfully average but seems like fun.
I hate this loli though.
AizixOct 8, 2014 8:09 AM
Oct 8, 2014 11:06 AM
Feb 2013
Hummm, I've notice that the powers that they have reflects their personality, i.e, Chifuyu Himeki's power of able to make something outta anything reflects her creativeness, Tomoyo Kanzaki's power of controlling time reflects her being punctual, Hatoko Kushikawa's power over the 4 elements reflect her used of the 4 elements as a home maker, since she uses fire to cook, water to clean, wind to cool things down when something is hot and earth which resembles the produce she uses for cooking. What about, Andou? Well, since he is more bark than bite, it wasn't surprising that his "Black and Black" is only a display piece. There is also the student council president, Mirei Kudou, who is envious, so it wasn't a surprise that is to take the powers from the user.
Oct 8, 2014 12:46 PM

Dec 2013
Good start. I find it hilarious how the ones who wanted powers the most are the ones who always get shafted, whilst the ones who don't really care about having powers or not are the ones who become the OP boss charas. I guess it balances things out.

Overall this reminds me of another manga which I was reading about a useless boy esper who's power was to bend spoons, whereas his classmates were like invincible or something. Still, it's an enjoyable fantasy SOL so it's all good with me.

Good songs, decent animation, and I love how everything is so chill. Hopefully the Dark and Dark evolves into something useful later on. I don't really enjoy watching the guy be the "damsel in distress".
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 8, 2014 12:57 PM

Mar 2013
Chuunibyou thing is not actually new , as everyone knows.

Still it was fun to watch.

Andou's power might have hidden power or something even though it seems useless now. We will see in next episodes.

Gonna keep watching !
Oct 8, 2014 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
Nice episode, haha the wink to Kill la Kill
Oct 8, 2014 1:29 PM

Jun 2010
That was kinda interesting.
Oct 8, 2014 1:37 PM

Mar 2013
I really like it so funny :)
Jurai talking so much Tomoyo punch
should have come earlier.
but i really enjoy is over excitement.
Oct 8, 2014 1:48 PM

Dec 2007
ZA WARUDO!
Reality...
is what we make it to be.

Oct 8, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2013
The world was created 4000 years ago.... not 13 billion.

Other than that, to people saying this is generic/cliche.... This is 90x more original than most of the other stuff people call 'original'.... It has some cliche elements, but the whole combining of those elements makes it unique, unlike all those other harem shows which are essentially copy and paste of each other. Needless to say I only saw a single episode so I may be wrong and it will end up being a load of cliche s***. Anyways, cliche =/= bad, things are cliche or overused for a reason, and the reason being - why change it if it works? (or more like, why change it if we get more profit out of it?)

In any case, I had been positively surprised by this anime, I wasn't expecting much (maybe a bit cause TRIGGER....) well its certainly different to other Trigger anime. Furthermore, I really like the MC (which is suprising, I hate 90% of all MCs, and 99.9% of Harem anime MC's...., the 00.1% being Keima Katsuragi if you seek the answer.)
I am a human.
Oct 8, 2014 3:26 PM

Jun 2013
Say what you want, but i really liked this first episode, it may be a bit generic but that's not always a bad thing, i thing im going to really enjoy this! XD
Oct 8, 2014 6:59 PM

Apr 2013
Was pretty fun overall. Liked the fluidity of Hatoko's animation lol.
Pretty generic as everyone said but I'll stay for a while.
Oct 8, 2014 7:04 PM

Apr 2013
AppoX said:

"Can your common sense explain the secrets behind how this universe originated 13,700,000,000 years ago?"

Was using horriblesubs, not sure what you used.
Oct 8, 2014 8:02 PM
Jul 2013
Really disappointed that the main character is just so horrendously useless I will give it another episode or two if he doesn't improve by then I will drop it. The jokes about his power became real bad real quick and hopefully they don't beat it more to death then they did already.
Oct 8, 2014 8:15 PM

Oct 2012
I liked it, but was feeling pretty OCD about them not stepping on the lines of the color wheel during the ED.
Oct 8, 2014 8:54 PM

May 2012
03:34 sthu

5.5/10 for this episode.
First half was f-annoying.
Daaku Fureemu Masutaa
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 8, 2014 9:36 PM

Jul 2014
Let's see... I can't really ignore the super tiny references from chu2 (Dark Flame Master) and Steins;Gate (Hatoko's uniform style and how Tomoyo's powers were specifically described). But I guess, overall, it was interesting.

Hatoko and Chifuyu's Loli-chan's powers were... Um... too OP while Tomoyo's at the average then Takanashi's at the lower than average and finally, Ju-kun's sucked.

Pretty sure that there will be some sort of, possibly, big comeback for Jurai since he's introduced as basically useless in this ep; like he's the only one who can do this and the only who can save that and maybe, most likely, his powers has its reason to why it's pft useless. It's almost always like that wwww

Welp, idk, maybe I should tune in for other episodes tho I'm not the type who always yearn for something new. So yea, feels kinda' bit nostalgic here so yea.
Oct 8, 2014 11:49 PM

Apr 2013
Incoming "Light and Light" power soon? To rival our chuunibro.
And Tomoyo needs a maid outfit and a scarf as bonus.
Chifuyu's power the best!
Oct 8, 2014 11:58 PM

Apr 2009
It was ok. Will see how it goes. I did like the Kudou girl she's kinda funny.
Oct 9, 2014 2:42 AM
Jun 2009
AppoX said:

The world was certainly not created 4000 years go. 4000 years ago, the Roman people were banging the shota boys like rabbit. Nah, just kidding.
soluuloiOct 9, 2014 2:47 AM
Oct 9, 2014 5:41 AM

May 2013
Tomoyo, Chifuyu and Hatoko have godly powers. I'm quite jealous. Way to go for showing them off in an awesome way. I'm not convinced that Andou's power can't do shit. There must be something it can do. But that name though: Dark and Dark. Sounds awesome to younger kids. Although it doesn't make any impact.
Oct 9, 2014 6:14 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Of course as the beginning of the series, I expected much more bombastic, this stuff is that instead?
Luckily we're talking about Trigger ...
Episode that does not say much then, the narrative is presented moe charge anywhere and with stereotypical characters.
The only nice thing is the view humor in the narrative, for the rest there is nothing.
The plot is not yet clear to me, the openig, the ending and the OST, the judge soon.
For now my vote is 5/10!
Oct 9, 2014 9:15 AM

Dec 2011
I guess the show is enjoyable and I was expecting more out of it for some odd reason XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 9, 2014 10:07 AM

Oct 2013
soluuloi said:
AppoX said:

The world was certainly not created 4000 years go. 4000 years ago, the Roman people were banging the shota boys like rabbit. Nah, just kidding.

My god, are you an idiot? Rome wasn't yet established 4000 years ago.... There even were no Romans, or what was going to become the Romans there yet (culturally/ethnically).
They banged shota boys in Ancient Egypt though. And NO, you can't just spew lies and call it a joke. I call it bulls***. Although I concede, the world might've began 6000 years ago, but still 4000 is closer than 13 billion.....
I am a human.
Oct 9, 2014 10:38 AM

Mar 2014
AppoX said:
soluuloi said:

My god, are you an idiot? Rome wasn't yet established 4000 years ago.... There even were no Romans, or what was going to become the Romans there yet (culturally/ethnically).
They banged shota boys in Ancient Egypt though. And NO, you can't just spew lies and call it a joke. I call it bulls***. Although I concede, the world might've began 6000 years ago, but still 4000 is closer than 13 billion.....

silly religions aside... you're a few billion years off on earth's creation .... between 13-14 billion years for the universe and around 4.5 for the Earth... unless you're one of those crazy religious types that believe dinosaur bones and lunar rocks were placed here by Jesus to test us... lmao
Oct 9, 2014 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
One of the more promising starts of the season and the first truly funny anime so far. The premise is definitely unique.. definitely mocking the shounen genre plus Hatoko and Chifuyu's battle was probably better than most shounen battles lol..

The MC said their powers are hax but Tomoyo takes the cake, her power is pretty much the same as Dio Brando. not to mention the student council president is basically Kuroro Lucifer XD

In any case their chuuni acts were funnier than Rikka's, Andou was especially hilarious when he reminisced about saying good morning and good night to his power XD (I mean WTF lol)
Oct 9, 2014 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
Liquidacid said:

silly religions aside... you're a few billion years off on earth's creation .... between 13-14 billion years for the universe and around 4.5 for the Earth... unless you're one of those crazy religious types that believe dinosaur bones and lunar rocks were placed here by Jesus to test us... lmao

Obviously, who do you take me for? An intellectual?!
Dinosaur bones were obviously placed here by Jesus to test us, denying it is denying Jesus, you will go to hell if you deny it, so better accept it bro. Accept Jesus in your life, reject him and burn eternally in hell.
I am a human.
Oct 9, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2014
whitehairkaneki said:
Ketsubutsu31 said:
That was average, but I enjoyed it. Especially the mc, he reminds me a little of okabe from steins;gate with the lamest super power ever.

I was wondering why no one has noticed that I mean he sounds just like Okabe

I thought this was okay little to generic but other than that I'll keep watching.

I wouldn't say he sounds just like okabe, but there is a resemblance between the two.

Anyway, we all agree there's something more to the mc and his power, and I thought his power might be the ability to give powers. I'm probably off, but in the beginning, we see a light come out of his palm, and suddenly everyone has powers. Then again that doesn't explain how that other girl got powers.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Oct 9, 2014 4:52 PM

Mar 2012
I have enough faith in Trigger to believe this will get much more interesting later on.
Oct 9, 2014 5:25 PM

Jun 2014
TravSavage said:
I have enough faith in Trigger to believe this will get much more interesting later on.
I certainly hope so. The first episode is pretty generic, but it could get better later on. If everything was determined by its first episode, Steins;Gate would be a slow boring show, sword art online would be amazing, Death Note would be about a righteous hero who is making the world a better place and so on. I'd say it's too early to judge this show.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Oct 9, 2014 8:20 PM

Mar 2014
AppoX said:
Liquidacid said:

Obviously, who do you take me for? An intellectual?!
Dinosaur bones were obviously placed here by Jesus to test us, denying it is denying Jesus, you will go to hell if you deny it, so better accept it bro. Accept Jesus in your life, reject him and burn eternally in hell.

it's ok man... even if I threw myself to complete devotion as a priest's butt toy, if there is a hell I'm going there

"it's the only way of life I know... Deal with it" Makina

:D
Oct 10, 2014 3:01 AM

Aug 2014
Don't know what to say about this episode TBH.
And can't believe this was animated by Trigger, the art of their previous works were totally different compared to this one.
Ability to control time, creation, elements and return things to original state for the girls and the male MC only got that useless tiny fire out of his hand? Talk about unfair..! What's the purpose of him being in this anime then? For comic-relief?
Maybe keep watching this because of Trigger.
Oct 10, 2014 3:13 AM

Sep 2009
Skeptical at first, but so far so good. Tigger needs to start hitting home soon with what the powerhouse name behind it or it'll be worrisome.
Oct 10, 2014 11:59 AM

Jul 2012
What a cute start. Came 'cause of Trigger, the Kill la Kill reference and "Dark Flame Master"? Yea. I'm sure it'll get better as more episodes come out. There goes my Fall anime!

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Oct 10, 2014 6:26 PM

Dec 2011
Really liking the premise... it was a bit predictable that the main character has a useless power. (Reminds me of Rising Rydeen)

Since there is that mysterious guy in the end, seems like this will become a mix of the usual school club element with these superpowers that does battles. I wanna see them use more of their superpowers on more mundane stuff. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2014 9:58 PM

Mar 2009
This would be a hell of a lot better if Andou would shut up every now and then.
Oct 11, 2014 8:24 AM

Sep 2008
Super generic but girls are awesome and cute is justice.
Oct 11, 2014 8:28 AM

Jan 2014
It was boring until the MC greeted his dark and dark every morning and night lol

I'll keep watching this.
Oct 11, 2014 11:35 AM
Jun 2013
Most fun I've had all season
Oct 11, 2014 1:23 PM

Oct 2011
It was average, but I think I'm going to watch it. Kinda funny
Oct 11, 2014 8:44 PM

Feb 2013
So Trigger makes "normal" anime now?

It was fairly amusing at least. Looks like one of those anime that takes place entirely in the club room.
Oct 12, 2014 6:31 AM

Jul 2012
This show is kinda random but I like it.

Great episode!!!
Oct 12, 2014 11:59 AM

Mar 2012
Gilgamesh just turned into a loli!

but great start
Oct 12, 2014 4:17 PM
Aug 2014
Will be following it
Oct 12, 2014 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
That was a lot of fun. Following.
Oct 13, 2014 12:47 AM

May 2013
Incredibly mediocre, but what I'm going to do with this show (as I did with Kill la kill too) is turn my brain off, don't take it seriously and enjoy the fun of it. Pretty funny I guess.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2014

297 by Olticul »»
Mar 19, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2014

144 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 29, 7:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.