Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 26, 2014 7:18 AM

Mar 2009
Older Nanako was just <3
Also, that confession was just great. Didn't expect that someone would actually get to admit it. +rep to Marie~

All in all, a better ending to the series imo.
Sep 26, 2014 8:24 AM

Dec 2008
Marie was just nothing but annoying drama until the very end. This actually deserved a 5/10, but since Yu is just so damn awesome, I bumped it up to a 6/10.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 26, 2014 9:12 AM
Apr 2011
4/10

9 from 12 episode were unnecessary
Sep 26, 2014 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
Well while I personally didn't like how they handled the "reveal" and how they did the final boss fight, everything after that was great, the epilogue was handled VERY VERY WELL and the send out was executed perfectly in my opinion and Maries confession was icing on the cake.

Overall my rating is 7/10

Would have been higher if they executed some of the scenes, battles better, and if they had the balls to show the Valentines day scene for the girls. MOST OF ALL would have been higher if the final episode(outside the epilogue) was handled alot better. I dunno about anyone else but I personally enjoyed this and this is coming from someone who's already played the games and watched the previous anime.

Now for the matter of the OVA, personally I don't think I will personally be able to stomach watching it after this, UNLESS they play the accomplish ending off like a special vision from say Margaret or maybe Marie casually having Yuu see what would have happened if he took that choice and after it's over they go back to the real present with Yu having a huge appreciation for his choice or something.

If they simply show it to us straight and NOT send us back to the real reality t then no I couldn't watch it and they would have been better off doing it that way during the show.
DingoEnderZOE2Sep 26, 2014 9:41 AM
Sep 26, 2014 9:39 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode. Kanji changed his appearance.

Maire confessed her love to Yu at the end.
Sep 26, 2014 9:53 AM

Aug 2012
That ending was pretty good. It was nice seeing how everyone's appearances changed. 7/10
Sep 26, 2014 10:36 AM
Sep 26, 2014 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
I'm almost ashamed of being a fan of Persona if this is the kind of garbage Atlus expects me to buy into.

An insult to the source material from beginning to end.

1/10
Sep 26, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2011
This gets a 5/10 from me it was a fragmented disappointment i can not give it even a 6 since i was really not even fine with it. Don't me wrong i liked the Persona 4 anime and i love Persona 4 Golden playing it on the Vita but this was just a let down and an empty covering the bare basics jumping about shell of itself.

I can say i enjoyed seeing the golden ending animated though after the 6 month time skip and that small amount of extra scenes of Adachi but still far too much meh for me but what can you expect with only 12 episodes.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Sep 26, 2014 2:53 PM

Dec 2012
Marie's national confession-
and that 明日もガーンバッテねと。XD
8/10
Sep 26, 2014 4:11 PM

Mar 2012
Nanako kawaii sugiru *-*

7/10 anime.
Sep 26, 2014 9:35 PM

Jan 2008
This was very fun at the begining then became boring with all the Marie drama. Couldn't care less about her.
At the end I thought several years passed, some characters changed too much in just 6 months o.O
Sep 26, 2014 10:58 PM
Jul 2013
I think after completing this abomination of an anime, my admiration for Persona actually barely lessened. The exposition on Adachi and my Persona goggles are the only reason why I don't declare this one of the worst anime I've seen in a while.

1 to 2 out of 5.
Sep 26, 2014 11:27 PM

Jan 2011
Well, that was terrible. The anime took way too many liberties for me to actually enjoy it. So many scenes from the game were ruined because they just had to shove Marie down our throat. It was completely unnecessary, although that could be said about this whole adaptation in general.

I couldn't even enjoy the epilogue because the cast wasn't really even involved with Yuu the whole season. Hell, even he wasn't invested with them at the end; he just shoved them aside for Marie, which was even more obvious when he was leaving the station and he looked back at the cherry blossom tree rather than his group of family and friends that were right in front of him.

In all honesty, the only good thing that came from this were the Adachi episodes + the accomplice ending OVA that will be released in a few months.

Anyways, if you really want the Golden experience, just play the game. And if you can't afford a Vita + the game, then watch a LP of it on YT or something.
Sep 27, 2014 10:13 AM

Oct 2007
Noellage said:
I'm almost ashamed of being a fan of Persona if this is the kind of garbage Atlus expects me to buy into.

An insult to the source material from beginning to end.

1/10

Don't blame Atlus, blame A-1 for not giving a shit.
Sep 27, 2014 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
BlitzAceSamy said:
I would assume the P4G ending happen after the events of P4U and P4U2?

It does. P4U happens during golden week, around 3-4 months after P4 and P4G ending takes place after that. In the game, Yosuke even references P4A saying how crazy golden week got.
"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end."
Sep 27, 2014 1:55 PM

Nov 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Don't blame Atlus, blame A-1 for not giving a shit.

I'm blaming absolutely everyone involved. It takes a real team effort to ruin something so thoroughly.
Sep 28, 2014 2:57 AM

Sep 2013
That Naoto...!

The Epiolouge is the best part!
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Sep 28, 2014 8:06 AM
May 2014
Great!
The epilog was really nice. :)
Sep 28, 2014 8:21 AM

Oct 2009
Meh.
Sep 29, 2014 11:28 PM

Mar 2012
I prefered this ending over the original (not golden) :3

Actually, this has become the original ending, so happy for it =D
Oct 4, 2014 7:46 AM

May 2014
Uuugh....one of the worst adaptation i've ever seen....
“Be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
"Just don't overdo it"
*nods*
Oct 8, 2014 8:02 AM

May 2013
Overall it was more of an giant special showing the content that was added in P4G than an actual series. Other than seeing Adachi and the way they showed Marie there was really nothing special about this.
Oct 17, 2014 4:40 PM

Jun 2013
This was okay. I felt like this was more of a side-story with a new character rather than a remake. I haven't played the games so I never had any expectations although they could have added more action like they have in the main story of persona 4. 7/10
Oct 25, 2014 5:37 AM

May 2014
I loved this ending. 10/10 Nanakochan so kawaii <33333
Nov 21, 2014 2:27 PM

Aug 2010
I don't care if this was chopped to fit the exclusive part from P4G, i loved it all the way and i think Marie is a pretty good character addition.

That Kanji tho... XD

9/10 cuz i love persona so what? Sue me XD
Jan 9, 2015 11:42 PM

Aug 2012
It's a good adaptation but you need to play p4g i think.
Feb 3, 2015 1:18 AM

Jan 2012
fell asleep twice watching this...

blah blah blah friendship always win blah blah blah

5/10
Nov 29, 2015 3:47 AM
Jul 2018
As someone who has only seen the anime, I liked this series. It was nice expansion to the originally story. And the ending was pretty good too. I adore the characters in this series, and i'm glad they got a happy ending. Nanako is even cuter and Rise is just....damn. I wish I had the time and the console to play the original game. Maybe one day....

+More time the persona characters
+Marie
+/- sort of uneven pacing (same problem I had with the original anime)
+/- it's been 3 years since I watched the original anime and look up what happened to refresh my memory
-it's weird being an expansion of another anime
-too short

Final Rating: 7/10
Dec 20, 2015 6:58 AM

Oct 2010
*sigh* What really makes me sad is that this adaptation had so much better animation then the previous one. Also, liked Yu here much more then in the previous installment. I'm currently playing Dancing all Night game, and this personality is much more faithful. But overall, good start but went downhill very fast.

The entire series should have been called Marie route instead of Golden, cuz' it was mostly about her and very little about other characters. Like people already stated, more like a NG+ to show extra scenes. It stared pretty damn good, even if little fast but then it concentrated on scenes that were Golden game specific but forcefully putting Marie in them, even when she wasn't featured in those scenes in the original game. Honestly, they should have made it a movie or something if they wanted to show Marie that much...
Fans of her will probably appreciate it more but it was overly pointless for me as I didn't think she should have this much of a spotlight. The last episode that had Epilogue scene from Golden was the only thing I found worthy of mention.

I like P4 cast and I loved all the characters much more here then in previous anime. But sadly as a stand alone it pretty much sucks. Game is superb, it takes a lot of effort to fuck this up. Shame.
Apr 25, 2016 1:50 AM

Nov 2012
Fitting finale.

I totally enjoyed every episode, no complaint from me.

P4G animated with Marie as focus... well, I don't mind that. Sure, I might not like tsundere character as much as I used to, but she's tolerable as far as being tsundere goes.
Rifaz89Apr 25, 2016 1:56 AM
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 12, 2016 7:35 AM

May 2009
I never really liked Marie in the game. This anime actually made me like her a bit for some reason.
Jun 11, 2020 7:53 PM

Apr 2020
Never played Persona 4 Golden but did this anime make Yu x Marie canon? Or was her confession supposed to come off one-sided? Does this happen in the game regardless?

Loved the epilogue where everyone surprises Yu by saying she came back shortly after disappearing. She's a god, I'm not surprised. The photos of the fun they had that summer when he visited that were shown during the credits were wonderful. Also liked how Naoto embraced being a woman.
Aug 1, 2020 2:21 AM

Jul 2015
Suprising to see Yuu's return, everybody changed quite a bit with Marie turning into some weatherwoman/ parttime goddess and more importantly

Kanji's look turning from delinquent to salaryman. So we've reached the end of Persona 4: Marie edition featuring bits of Adachi, decent adaptation to showcase the new content but not really better than the other P4 anime despite having better visuals.

May 12, 2021 1:03 PM

Apr 2012
Normie Kanji was pretty good.

Never played the game and never will, but as a solfag this was good, shame fans don't get the concept of added value.
Jul 13, 2021 2:52 AM

Jan 2018
This whole anime was... okay I guess. Even the finale wasn't very special. I understand the reason for the changes from the game but that didn't make it "good" let alone better.
From the start I thought the character artstyle of the Golden Animation was a downgrade from the original Persona 4 anime. Seriously if the anime isn't showing a keyframe 99% of the time it'll look terrible. And most of the keyframes look mediocre at best. You watch anime adaptations of games so you can just relax watching instead of playing. But this anime makes it difficult to do that because of the awful artwork.

I appreciated that the Golden anime focused more on Marie instead of retelling the stories of the game because it has half the number of episodes of the last anime (and that anime felt like it could've used more episodes to fully flesh out everything).
But problem with anime like this is that you have to make the viewers like the character of Marie. She wasn't really well received in the Golden port of Persona 4 on PS Vita and understandably, anime-onlies didn't appreciate her watered down version in the anime. The studio did try to make her more likable but she essentially boils down to a tsundere anime girl wearing weird outfit (seriously why couldn't she wear a more normal outfit like the other girls Atlus?). They even tried to make her seem more useful at the cost of undermining other characters... Personally I don't hate Marie but I don't really like her either. She felt like a gimmicky addition in the game too. And anime adaptations for games like this seem to be never done right because different people like the games for different reasons and the anime only tries to adapt only certain aspects of the video games.

So yeah, these anime are a pretty decent watch if you've already finished playing the video games. But I would NEVER recommend these to someone who never played the Persona games. The anime adaptations are NOT an alternative to playing and experiencing the games and never will be. You can play them after watching the anime but it will downgrade your experience significantly because of the spoilers so no one should consciously do this either. (Probably would've made more sense if I said this in the first episode discussion but whatever) Watching it in conjunction with the 2011 anime doesn't make that big of difference like I previously expected.

I think this anime is worth watching if you've already finished the game. The "real" Golden part of this anime is the original scene about Adachi. It gives him a little more depth than the games which almost makes him out to be an edgelord.

A-1 Studio would go on to adapt Persona 5 into anime in 2018 and it somehow surpassed P4GA in terms of being utterly dogshit. I haven't seen background characters that look this bad in any other anime that wasn't animated by A-1.
0451Jul 13, 2021 5:18 AM
Jul 13, 2021 2:56 AM

Jan 2018
RiceKnight59 said:
Never played Persona 4 Golden but did this anime make Yu x Marie canon? Or was her confession supposed to come off one-sided? Does this happen in the game regardless?

Loved the epilogue where everyone surprises Yu by saying she came back shortly after disappearing. She's a god, I'm not surprised. The photos of the fun they had that summer when he visited that were shown during the credits were wonderful. Also liked how Naoto embraced being a woman.
I didn't romance Marie in Golden so I'm not sure but in my playthrough she didn't make that on air confession iirc. So this might've been a studio addition. Decent fanservice ngl.

Also yes, love Naoto, the first P4 party member I dated xD
Jan 31, 2023 11:03 PM
Oct 2021
Marie Marie Marie Marie
May 7, 2023 6:04 PM

Nov 2019
I wish this ended more like the game tbh adaptation was pretty bad overall
May 25, 2023 3:53 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yes the end! And especially the time skip it always felt a bit weird to me because it's only been a few months but they changed so much, especially Kanji lmao, but Nanako's hair grew way too much for that short time xD Anyway was pretty good additional series when you played the game, otherwise it's pointless imo
Jul 8, 2023 9:02 PM

Aug 2017
I thought the show was terrific, 9/10. Didn't expect a lot going in but thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

What do people have against this show? It's too much about Marie? She was what makes Golden different, I don't see the problem. Great tsundere character and hot too, also with one of the best voice actresses.

Really nice show.

RiceKnight59 said:

The show was true to the golden ending in the game. Marie did confess on TV to Yu. And Naoto did become more womanly. All the grownup appearances were done perfectly.

0451 said:
I didn't romance Marie in Golden so I'm not sure but in my playthrough she didn't make that on air confession iirc. So this might've been a studio addition. Decent fanservice ngl.

You gotta level 10 Marie to get the golden ending man! Spent too much time hanging out with Naoto instead of Marie!
CarbonMDJul 8, 2023 9:05 PM
Jul 8, 2023 11:57 PM

Jan 2018
CarbonMD said:
I thought the show was terrific, 9/10. Didn't expect a lot going in but thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.

What do people have against this show? It's too much about Marie? She was what makes Golden different, I don't see the problem. Great tsundere character and hot too, also with one of the best voice actresses.

Really nice show.

RiceKnight59 said:

The show was true to the golden ending in the game. Marie did confess on TV to Yu. And Naoto did become more womanly. All the grownup appearances were done perfectly.

0451 said:

You gotta level 10 Marie to get the golden ending man! Spent too much time hanging out with Naoto instead of Marie!
I did get level 10 of Marie's social link. I did get the Golden ending. But I still don't remember that confession. Probably because I didn't romance her.
Or it did happen and I just didn't pay attention.
Jul 9, 2023 10:50 AM

Aug 2017
0451 said:
I did get level 10 of Marie's social link. I did get the Golden ending. But I still don't remember that confession. Probably because I didn't romance her.

Just catch on youtube. It was very similar in the game and anime. I forgot if you have to actually romance her or just level 10 her. I romanced all the girls, harem is the best.
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

Jan 2018
CarbonMD said:
0451 said:

Just catch on youtube. It was very similar in the game and anime. I forgot if you have to actually romance her or just level 10 her. I romanced all the girls, harem is the best.

According to a comment, that line doesn't happen if you don't romance Marie. Which is why I never saw it in my playthrough. Couldn't find footage of it though.

I only dated Ai and Naoto in my first playthrough. Couldn't be bothered to date all of them. And the heartbreaking scenes you get when you don't accept the Valentine's Day invites from the girls are too much for me. So I'm glad I didn't do that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Girl?

BokukkoFan - May 30, 2023

13 by hikkiyuki »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

51 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

99 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Poll: » I'm surprised this is so much less popular than the 2011 anime.

IWannaDeleteThis - Sep 27, 2014

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

41 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.