Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 30, 2009 10:38 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This isn't too bad, we actually get to see Lisa a lot in the beginning^^ it must be hard for her doing all the chores and also assisting Luke in forging 0.0

I wonder will Cecily even receive her katana, but having said that it wouldn't be bad for her to use Aria as a weapon in battle^^ Anyway, it was fun seeing Lisa trying different outfits :D but Luke should really pay more attention to her >.<
ShanaFlameOct 30, 2009 10:53 PM
Oct 31, 2009 9:07 AM

Oct 2009
The episode taugh me well about Lisa. Her chores, her desire to have new clothes and more of her emotions. They also give some information about the whole demon process. Overall Lisa in many dresses is interesting, I like mostly the one iwth cat ears because it always more cute. It would be this one
anyone have another one? I do see this dress as a problem for Lisa to fight in or move so the last dress is the best choice. It was funny also what Aria picked for Cecily at one point in that shop.
ShanaFlame said:
This isn't too bad, we actually get to see Lisa a lot in the beginning^^ it must be hard for her doing all the chores and also assisting Luke in forging 0.0

Yeah but ShanaFlame do you know what that stone near the well can be for in the beginning?
ShanaFlame said:
I wonder will Cecily even receive her katana, but having said that it wouldn't be bad for her to use Aria as a weapon in battle^^ Anyway, it was fun seeing Lisa trying different outfits :D but Luke should really pay more attention to her >.<

Luke should pay more attention and he did at the end but ShanaFlame there is something that tells me that he has some issue with Lisa in feeling sad for her. Wonder why.
francismeunierOct 31, 2009 9:10 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 1, 2009 8:59 AM

Jul 2009
Damn..Lisa's crying just touched my soft side..

francismeunier said:

Yeah but ShanaFlame do you know what that stone near the well can be for in the beginning?
Is it the stone that the old lady use? Tamahagane? It use to act as catalyst for spirit within the air or something, correct me if i'm wrong
Nov 1, 2009 9:13 AM

Oct 2009
Laevantein said:
Damn..Lisa's crying just touched my soft side..

francismeunier said:

Is it the stone that the old lady use? Tamahagane? It use to act as catalyst for spirit within the air or something, correct me if i'm wrong

Ok, it's just to purify the water. Thanks, for the clear up.

Nov 1, 2009 11:19 AM

Oct 2007
This episode was heartwarming.
Nov 1, 2009 11:52 AM

Aug 2009
Through the whole episode I thought I was gonna puke...
Too much pointless talking and actions.
To much moe [which i don't dislike but they overdid it here]
Nov 1, 2009 12:09 PM

May 2009
20minutes go by too fast!
Nov 1, 2009 1:11 PM

Mar 2009
Morkand-san said:
Through the whole episode I thought I was gonna puke...
Too much pointless talking and actions.
To much moe [which i don't dislike but they overdid it here]

Yeah, it was moe overdose.
Nov 1, 2009 1:31 PM
Mar 2008
An entire episode about Lisa. I couldn't ask more.
Anyway, I'm wondering what's the reason of Lisa acting in such a way towards Luke.
another_anonNov 1, 2009 1:35 PM
Nov 1, 2009 1:34 PM

Jun 2009
awww poor lisa!
XD
but i did not realize that was a hat at the end lol
Nov 1, 2009 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
at least it wasn't about Cicily and Aria,

great episode, Lisa is cute with Luke, platonic of course. but they made the episode good

and the end was just priceless and awesome.

i was wondering why she didn't have a hat with that outfit, and that end answered it, great gift.
Nov 1, 2009 2:12 PM

Oct 2009
Haha, this was nice.

Almost sickeningly sweet, but hey. It made me smile.

Luke is still my favorite. Lisa is just too cute, tho really. And I like Cecily more in situations like this than when she's babbling about justice ~ and not taking human lives ~ or wtfever. Oh and Aria. Love her.

Not much else to say, I guess. Can't wait for a new episode.
Nov 1, 2009 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
The humor that was sprinkled throughout the episode was nice, especially the Cecily x Luke moments.

Loved the ending with Luke showing his more sensitive side.
Nov 1, 2009 2:45 PM

May 2009
Great episode focusing more on Lisa. It was cute and I'm really liking all the charaters, even though Luke was a bit cold, lol. He just can't express his feelings very well.
Nov 1, 2009 3:39 PM

Oct 2009
it was alright it felt too much like a filler ep for some reason
Nov 1, 2009 3:48 PM

Dec 2007
Normally, I hate these kinds of episodes. I mean, it is a 12-episode series and we're on 5 already and it doesn't really feel like there's a goal yet.

However, I actually enjoyed this episode.
Nov 1, 2009 4:00 PM

Dec 2007
OMGOMGOMG Lisa, so sweeeeet... omochikaeri!!! >_<
Nov 1, 2009 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
OJustSumGuy said:
Looks like Luke isn't a blacksmith at all, but a pimp.

Or you're simply uneducated.
Nov 1, 2009 4:29 PM

Aug 2009
OJustSumGuy said:

I lol'd
Nov 1, 2009 4:29 PM

Jul 2009
So, afraid that us viewers are too dumb to realize this fact, the producers decided to use the whole 24 mins to teach us on how Lisa was Luke's biatch, amirite? And seriously...

_Aria: "Your mouth has no cover"

_Me: "So what, ain't he right? If you don't have anything better to say then please kindly shut up."

Where have I heard this phrase before, I wonder?

Yeah Lisa, you just basically said what's Cecily's entire purpose in this show: Being pretty with her big boobs and occasionally provide fanservice with the panties...>_>

AzukiPAN said:
awww poor lisa!
XD

And I thought he was putting a chocolate pudding on her head, if you know what I mean... Yeah, poor her... <_<

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Nov 1, 2009 4:49 PM

Oct 2009
blade517 said:
OJustSumGuy said:

I lol'd

ROFL
Nov 1, 2009 6:50 PM

Nov 2007
most boring ep yet.... nothing really happened
Nov 1, 2009 7:05 PM

May 2008
man the food looks yummy :D

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 1, 2009 7:49 PM

Sep 2008
poor lisa, but aftr all luke is a nice guy
i think they are just not going to forget about cecil´breasts....
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 1, 2009 9:33 PM
Feb 2009

OMG THIS WAS BEST scene on this ep :)
Nov 1, 2009 9:33 PM
Feb 2009
luke is just so slow that i wanna smack his head... >.<
yeah, i know he is not good in expressing himself, but still... >_<

BitchMaster said:
AzukiPAN said:
awww poor lisa!
XD

And I thought he was putting a chocolate pudding on her head, if you know what I mean... Yeah, poor her... <_<
i thought it was a cake =.="
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 1, 2009 9:38 PM

Apr 2009
Aww, Luke made me love him more in this episode.
He is so sweet. <333
Lisa was cute.
Will they ever forget about Cecily's boobs?
Nov 1, 2009 9:47 PM
Jul 2009
SoulFlyy said:
blade517 said:
OJustSumGuy said:

I lol'd

ROFL

LOL! didn't notice it could be taken that way.

I also thought that hat was some sort of pastry to begin with. Or maybe a box with jewelry. That hat is retarded. It seems like something made for a monkey.
Nov 1, 2009 9:56 PM

Oct 2009
Setsia said:

OMG THIS WAS BEST scene on this ep :)

Yeah that was cute but so is this:

So anyone still can tell me which dress they liked of Lisa?

Nov 1, 2009 10:06 PM

Jul 2008
so an episode dedicated to lisa (and a few jokes about a particular someone's chest,lol)
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 1, 2009 10:15 PM

Sep 2008
Yay episode for Lisa, more evidence leaning towards her being a spirit hammer. Gotta love Cicily's jumping to conclusions about Lisa and Luke's relationship.

Aria is just the fandom personified pointing out the UST between Cicily and Luke.

Is it just me, or did Lisa choose the most plain outfit there was?
Luke acting like most guys do, clueless about the things women like and Lisa didn't know any better to try and get anything from him. At least until Cicily showed up.

Why is it that Lisa seems to look up to Cicily the most, but in the end theme, she only gets shy during Aria's pan?

Yay for new (minor) character showing up and getting a name. Maybe we'll see more of her?
BastionNov 1, 2009 10:24 PM

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Nov 1, 2009 10:55 PM

Jan 2008
Luke is sooooo cold.
Nov 2, 2009 2:37 AM

Aug 2009
Boring episode. I seriously thought the hat was some sort of cake or something.
smdinosaurNov 2, 2009 3:40 AM
Nov 2, 2009 3:15 AM
Dec 2008
unlisted said:

I also thought that hat was some sort of pastry to begin with. Or maybe a box with jewelry. That hat is retarded. It seems like something made for a monkey.

I lol'd.

She is Luke's monkey XD

Bastion said:

Is it just me, or did Lisa choose the most plain outfit there was?

But it was the most practical one IMO; those other clothes would just make things harder for her, especially since her work is physical. Luke is such a lazy bastard. Almost everything is done by Lisa ~_~

Anyway, a good episode. Lisa finally got what she deserves.
Nov 2, 2009 4:10 AM

May 2008
Very much liked this arc of lisa , shes adorable,
hard working and cares very much for luke same goes with luke to lisa,.
anyway we now know that lisa was ''adopted'' by luke in a way.
nice episode again,
Nov 2, 2009 4:23 AM

Apr 2008
It was a fine episode ...

Nov 2, 2009 6:35 AM

Jul 2008
waahh lisa is moe, lisa is cutee, such a good girl^^ dont remind me at yui at all xD

Nov 2, 2009 6:58 AM

Jan 2008
This was a cute episode. I'm glad Cecily told Luke straight about how he needs to be more understanding of a girl's feelings. He seems to be growing, a little. And I have to admit that Lisa's life isn't nearly as simple as I first thought it'd be to. It's almost like a Cinderella story with her having to get up so early in the morning to do EVERY SINGLE CHORE, while the evil Luke gets to sleep in until everything's done. Must be nice. :P
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 2, 2009 7:26 AM

Oct 2009
kevin_video said:
This was a cute episode. I'm glad Cecily told Luke straight about how he needs to be more understanding of a girl's feelings.

This the man needs to learn!
Nov 2, 2009 8:54 AM

Nov 2008
Lisa is so cute even when she cries xP
And well it's nice to know she likes Cecily's boobs xD
Tosi yst&auml;vyys ei j&auml;&auml;dy pakkasella! Thank you for your visit. Welcome again!
Nov 2, 2009 9:35 AM

Jul 2009
The boob jokes must stop, although Luke seems less and less bothered every time they're brought up...

Lisa and Luke are definitely the highlight of the series because they're the only really interesting ones.
Nov 2, 2009 10:31 AM
Nov 2008
Such a cute episode ! Really good ! Risa is so cute ! Very nice episode.Loved it.
Nov 2, 2009 11:38 AM

Oct 2009
Psychodrake said:
The boob jokes must stop, although Luke seems less and less bothered every time they're brought up...

Lisa and Luke are definitely the highlight of the series because they're the only really interesting ones.

yeah the boob jokes are terrible really not funny lol
Nov 2, 2009 12:16 PM

Aug 2008
100% useless.
I can't believe there was a whole episode about Lisa kind of getting shat on by everyone besides Aria and Cecily (I included the village people because there was something really demeaning that I can't put my finger on). Maybe she'll just snap and kill everyone, I don't know.
Nov 2, 2009 1:07 PM

Jan 2009
How does lil' loli Lisa sleep anyway?O.O Did not look too comfortable : /
Anyway she seems to be popular girl in the village : >
Lot's of loli Lisa in this episode, or at least in the beginning : p

Aria and Fio were great in the dining room xD
And also, Cecily goes around saying Lisa needs more clothes.. Yet she always runs around wearing that breastplate of hers =.='

Oh and I've missed that "Sugoi sugoi!" from Toyosaki Aki since K-ON! xD
The second dress Lisa tried actually looked pretty good : o
Well I guess the attire she actually got looked pretty good on her too.. And the little hat! : D

Oh and btw, something I don't seem to be able to comprehend.. Why is Luke wearing his cape covering only his left side? Only reason I can come up with would be hiding his sword.. But I mean.. really? If so, he's doing a bad job hiding it >.> Come to think about it.. He's got a glove and armor-ish stuff on his left arm.. Still he's not using it when fighting.. Is he hiding something? : > Now I'm intrigued..
But really, is that even a cape or what is it? Sure doesn't look like a cape now that it's been looked at more thoroughly in different angles during the episode.
blade517 said:
OJustSumGuy said:

I lol'd

I facepalm'd
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Nov 2, 2009 1:36 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
100% useless.
I can't believe there was a whole episode about Lisa kind of getting shat on by everyone besides Aria and Cecily (I included the village people because there was something really demeaning that I can't put my finger on). Maybe she'll just snap and kill everyone, I don't know.

But noteDhero they had to explain about Lisa a little. I am more concerned about what you mean of "something really demeaning that I can't put my finger on".
Oosran said:
Oh and btw, something I don't seem to be able to comprehend.. Why is Luke wearing his cape covering only his left side? Only reason I can come up with would be hiding his sword.. But I mean.. really? If so, he's doing a bad job hiding it >.> Come to think about it.. He's got a glove and armor-ish stuff on his left arm.. Still he's not using it when fighting.. Is he hiding something? : > Now I'm intrigued..
But really, is that even a cape or what is it? Sure doesn't look like a cape now that it's been looked at more thoroughly in different angles during the episode.

That is a interesting point about Luke. I am wondering too. I hope they reveal something about that.
francismeunierNov 2, 2009 1:42 PM

Nov 2, 2009 1:41 PM

Aug 2008
What did they explain?
We have no new information on Lisa, except that she was "picked up" by Luke. But we could already figure something like that out since they're clearly not brother and sister.
Nov 2, 2009 2:25 PM

Apr 2009
Meh, OK episode.
Lisa's cuteness was the only main attraction for me.
Nov 2, 2009 2:39 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
What did they explain?
We have no new information on Lisa, except that she was "picked up" by Luke. But we could already figure something like that out since they're clearly not brother and sister.

What about how she lived the day to day life and her treatment by Luke. They are not key information noteDhero and that I agree but it gave us a little more about Lisa.

Nov 2, 2009 6:52 PM

Feb 2009
"Luke Ainsworth...don't tell me you're into THAT!?"

"One of these days, I think we need to sit down and have a serious talk."

"I agree!"

I'm getting fed up with all the boob/luke's a closet pervert jokes. ._.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Oct 2, 2009

194 by aoo-kun »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Nov 7, 2009

109 by notmarsman »»
Nov 26, 2023 8:01 PM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ShanaFlame - Oct 24, 2009

100 by yngtadpole »»
Sep 19, 2022 11:30 AM

» Should I watch this anime?

Terium - Feb 27, 2017

6 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Apr 8, 2022 3:19 AM

Poll: » Seiken no Blacksmith Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Nov 14, 2009

85 by Guts-Valley »»
Sep 15, 2021 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.