Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 19, 2014 8:42 AM

Aug 2012
Fiji said:
Hopefully this flashback isn't dragged out, or if Oda can make Law's past really interesting.

Well Law only had three years left to live... 16 years ago lol.

Something interesting had to have happened.
Sep 19, 2014 9:34 AM

May 2013
Interesting and very good chapter. It's nice that we're getting a Law flashback, interesting stuff that we learned not only more about his past but more about his devil fruit as well. Good One Piece chapter.

Sep 19, 2014 12:55 PM
Aug 2014
lol, Doffy's got the Trump Card, it seems. Always with the cards...I wonder what this Trump Card is though! It's gotta be big to keep the Celestial Dragons in his hand. Corazon looks like a total badass, even if he's a goofy clutz, he seems to be an intense personality...Also, perhaps Law used the OP-OP Fruit to steal someone else's personality? Corazons? Did he do something to Doffy maybe? Is he involved in this Trump Card? And what is this "White City" he is from? Many questions brought up in this chapter! Bummer to hear that Oda-sama is taking a break this week, but he deserves it with the quality writing he's been dropping mad on us since! I just can't wait to see what happens next!
Sep 20, 2014 8:50 AM

Mar 2010
Finally laws past... I guess this fight isn't goinng to end soon
Sep 22, 2014 5:43 AM
Sep 2014
Ok translation is trash.

Maynard got beat so bad by Barto he suddenly became promoted to admiral and no one even knew about the fight anyways.

Apparently Sabo and Fujitora fought to hard they suddenly tag teamed someone and both won.

Then Maynard first duty as Admiral is to cause more chaos?? What! Really manga panda?
Sep 22, 2014 6:20 PM
Dec 2011
Always read Mangastream's translation...

Again, a short chapter, and then a break? I hope Oda is alright. I mean we have gotten two short chapters in a row and then a hiatus...?

Really good chapter. Looking forward to more flashback.

Doflamingo said that his knowledge of the national treasure is his trumph card. Basically he is the Joker! I think that's where his name comes from. Corazon may be mute because he knew the secret (national treasure) and was muted because of it? I mean Doflamingo said that the knowledge alone that it exists would shake the world.
Sep 23, 2014 1:21 AM

Nov 2013
apachelsalvador said:
Some pages had a really awful translation, but aside from that, it's flashback time.
Ope Ope no Mi, as in OverPowered fruit. It all makes sense now, it's one plot device for Mingo to hold his allies and enemies in check.
Corazon is already an interesting personality, and Law's mentor.
Where are the other fights at?

I thought it was Operation fruit, because Law is known as the surgeon of death and he kind of does an "operation" when he attacks by being able to switch any object with another object kind of like an implant + he takes out people's hearts. Weird if it stood for overpowered fruit that just makes me think of something like what Whitebeard had.
Sep 23, 2014 6:06 PM

Feb 2014
Decide said:
apachelsalvador said:
Some pages had a really awful translation, but aside from that, it's flashback time.
Ope Ope no Mi, as in OverPowered fruit. It all makes sense now, it's one plot device for Mingo to hold his allies and enemies in check.
Corazon is already an interesting personality, and Law's mentor.
Where are the other fights at?

I thought it was Operation fruit, because Law is known as the surgeon of death and he kind of does an "operation" when he attacks by being able to switch any object with another object kind of like an implant + he takes out people's hearts. Weird if it stood for overpowered fruit that just makes me think of something like what Whitebeard had.

It was a play on words. He said overpowered instead operation because the DF ability is overpowered. I guess you simply didn't get the joke. XD
Sep 24, 2014 9:55 AM

Apr 2014
yay Law when he was a kid!!
Oct 1, 2014 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
Aw, kid Law. So cute.
Apr 17, 2015 1:24 PM
Oct 2014
Such a technique of eternal life from the Ope Ope no Mi would be perfect for Luffy (considering all the life span he's been cutting from himself from using the Second Gear and the time he lost 10 years of his lifespan: hell he wouldn't need to worry of Second Gear's side effect if he had such a handy thing)
May 16, 2018 3:06 AM

Feb 2013
Wow, Law can make someone immortal if he wants to.
Lol, Corazon is weird.
Sep 18, 2018 9:12 AM

Dec 2015
I like Cora's design, much more than Doflamingo's.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 5, 2022 3:44 PM
Feb 2021
Doflamingo should've gotten Nicholas Cage to help him steal the national treasure
“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of light, it was the season of darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.”

Sep 21, 2022 8:00 AM

Mar 2021
There's a crucial treasure underneath Marijois? An ancient weapon perhaps?

Damn that op-op fruit is really... OP.

Ohhhh finally the Law flashback!

Lol Cora seems to be quite unique - can't talk, is a klutz, and hates kids. :D

His design is damn cool.

Oct 31, 2022 7:40 PM

May 2021
Corazon is certainly very different from what I expected.

May 9, 2023 8:22 PM

Dec 2022
hmm a crucial treasure in Marijoa eh? thickening...
Feb 23, 7:37 AM

Jun 2017
Corazon might become a friend of Law.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

35 by otakuweek »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Apr 24, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.