Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 21, 2014 3:41 PM

Feb 2005
FGAU1912 said:
it also had the worst enhancement system in XII and the joke of a super boss
Oh the license board? Yea that thing was pretty dumb. At least when it went as far as requiring you to purchase a upgrade to be allowed to equip specific equipment.
Sep 21, 2014 4:27 PM
Mar 2011
Baman said:
FGAU1912 said:
it also had the worst enhancement system in XII and the joke of a super boss
Oh the license board? Yea that thing was pretty dumb. At least when it went as far as requiring you to purchase a upgrade to be allowed to equip specific equipment.

yes with me how battle happens in RPGs is only half of what matters for me in Game play the other side is the enhancements systems why i dislike X is the grid is so esay to exploit and tthe lack of ATB System that had been there since IV

Oddly for most my fave game in the franchise is II
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 21, 2014 5:13 PM
Sep 2007
Licenses for weapons and equpment were unnecessary.

And purchasing licenses was also dumb, even though license board itself was really fun to fill - as soon as you mastered one license, you felt the urge to master another.
Also, it was rather simple, but still gave you a lot of freedom.

Too bad Espers couldn't be exchanged between characters.
Sep 22, 2014 4:31 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Baman said:
The setting, world and battle system in XII was perfect, still the best I've ever seen in any FF to this day. The only problem is that the characters, outside of Asche, Basch and Balthier, were not relevant to the plot at all.

The plot itself was great but it was presented horribly, and the complete disconnection between the actual political war drama plot and the random dungeoncrawling murderhobo gameplay sure didn't help things. It would have been so easy to connect the two, rather than fooling around looking for some magic weapon you could go on missions to gather military and political allies like in Dragon Age.
And of course, Vaan and Penelo should never have been there, Basch should have been the MC as originally planned.

The gameplay was fine but you could easily auto-level for example and sit there and watch. That was really making things easier for later, they should have excluded that feature. The license system as someone mentioned also. And the thing is, Ashe and Basch were first designed to be the very main characters but then someone insisted (wouldn't be surprised if that was Nomura) to change to Vaan since Basch was old for the protagonist. Either way, in the end Ashe was the very protagonist.

Final Fantasy Tactics has a better presentation regarding politics. FFXII felt like Vagrant Story in a way where you kept dungeon-crawling.
Sep 22, 2014 8:57 AM

Jul 2007
Ughh, not interested in a sausage fest.
Sep 22, 2014 9:31 AM
Sep 2007
That teleport stuff which seems really similar to the certain jutsu from Naruto series will probably be helpful for faster crossing of great distances if you are on foot, and don't want to deal with the enemies for whatever reason, or just are tired of walking the same long path again and again.

That being said, even though there will be demo available next year, FFVX it to me still kinda in The Last Guardian situation, where you wonder if it'll ever be released.
Sep 22, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2012
popped a boner with that chick scene... everything else looks slow and tryhard-ish

gonna buy ps4 when it comes out either way... no matter how shitty or awesome it is

that being said, no FF will ever tops FFT/7/10... probably until the day I die =/
Sep 23, 2014 2:35 AM

Jan 2013
Asseylum_ said:
And the thing is, Ashe and Basch were first designed to be the very main characters but then someone insisted (wouldn't be surprised if that was Nomura) to change to Vaan since Basch was old for the protagonist.
And this is one of the reasons as to why I loathe Nomura. I always try really hard to immerse into Final Fantasy plots but it's like the game is screaming "NO, DON'T" when I take a look at the characters. Auron from FFX though, 10/10
Sep 23, 2014 3:06 AM

Aug 2012
Final Fantasy Road Trip. I hope they recorded alot of dialogue for the travel like in RDR/GTA...
Sep 23, 2014 3:08 AM

Jan 2013
MrAwesome2014 said:
Final Fantasy Road Trip. I hope they recorded alot of dialogue for the travel like in RDR/GTA...
If Final Fantasy Road Trip implements a radio similar to that of Vice City I might blow money out of my ass at the local retail Gamestop for 3 copies when the game releases
Sep 23, 2014 3:13 AM

Aug 2012
Udgey said:
If Final Fantasy Road Trip implements a radio similar to that of Vice City I might blow money out of my ass at the local retail Gamestop for 3 copies when the game releases

True dat!
Sep 23, 2014 3:45 AM

Jul 2007
Udgey said:
MrAwesome2014 said:

Considering the game's boyband-simulator tone, the whole soundtrack has to be Backstreet Boys.
Sep 23, 2014 4:38 AM
Sep 2007
Would it be a good thing for series if Sakaguchi was director and writer again?
Sep 23, 2014 4:51 AM

Jul 2007
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-22-meet-hajime-tabata-final-fantasys-latest-saviour

With the hardware specifications of the newer consoles, it's possible to set it up so you have different enemies and different choices of attacks you can enter in, but I want to simplify that. It'll basically be a one-button action, and the AI intuitively outputs an action that kind of satisfies, gives you that instant gratification, and it connects with the simple touch of a button. I myself am not getting any younger. I don't want to be frantically pushing buttons. I also want to utilise the intelligence of the hardware spec, and not have to go through too much hassle or trouble in order to execute moves.

Yay. FF15 will be even MORE casual and the new lead wants to make sure you can acomplish EVERYTHING by pressing a single button~

*sigh*

This game will be such a trainwreck.

Japanese fangirls will love it for its sausagefest cast though (because "since its a roadtrip game" there "won't be any playable female characters)

By the time XIII trilogy comes out on steam, it will look like a goddamn masterpiece when compared to Boy Band Fantasy 15: The A for Awesome Returns.
AhenshihaelSep 23, 2014 4:55 AM
Sep 23, 2014 5:06 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Udgey said:
And this is one of the reasons as to why I loathe Nomura. I always try really hard to immerse into Final Fantasy plots but it's like the game is screaming "NO, DON'T" when I take a look at the characters. Auron from FFX though, 10/10

Instead, you had Tidus. And it's obvious what kind of characters Nomura likes, if you judge by Sora and Riku. Even with Stella, he didn't like for her to be older/mature, he prefers her a Namine 2.0.

Fai said:

Yay. FF15 will be even MORE casual and the new lead wants to make sure you can acomplish EVERYTHING by pressing a single button~

*sigh*

This game will be such a trainwreck.

Japanese fangirls will love it for its sausagefest cast though (because "since its a roadtrip game" there "won't be any playable female characters)

You forget the KH fanbase and the desperate males who only care about Stella's latest design. Oh yes and now makes sense why Nomura said that Stella will stand out somehow compared to the other FF heroines; She won't be playable but just some plot tool like Kairi.
Sep 23, 2014 5:08 AM

Jan 2013
I'm still confused as to how Japanese game designers in their 40s are obsessing over teens
Sep 23, 2014 5:12 AM

Jul 2007
Asseylum_ said:

You forget the KH fanbase and the desperate males who only care about Stella's latest design. Oh yes and now makes sense why Nomura said that Stella will stand out somehow compared to the other FF heroines; She won't be playable but just some plot tool like Kairi.

Don't worry! Tabata promises that "it will be THE best Final Fantasy ever released!111oneone"
Sep 23, 2014 5:19 AM
Sep 2007
Try making game yourself that will attract millions of people...
Sep 23, 2014 8:24 AM

Feb 2005
Fai said:
I can hardly imagine how they could make it simpler than XIII without turning it into a movie.

I guess it's going to end up like I feared then, QTE: The Game.
Sep 23, 2014 9:44 AM

Jul 2007
Baman said:
Fai said:
I can hardly imagine how they could make it simpler than XIII without turning it into a movie.

I guess it's going to end up like I feared then, QTE: The Game.

XIII has quite complex battle system and Lighting Returns Battle system was friggin brilliant

In XV battle system is QTEs and holding down button till you win.
Sep 23, 2014 4:12 PM

Mar 2013
Can we now assume the Bravely series is the true FF. Kinda wanna know why Square decide to take these kind of approach on FF game nowadays. Can we just have one main FF title be nostalgic again.
Sep 23, 2014 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
zetsubousei_hero said:
Can we now assume the Bravely series is the true FF. Kinda wanna know why Square decide to take these kind of approach on FF game nowadays. Can we just have one main FF title be nostalgic again.
They were innovating pretty well when they hit FF12 and then something happened. FF12 was right there, hitting the good ole Final Fantasy nostalgia with the environment and settings (Although it's plot and characters are shit) and something happened.
Sep 23, 2014 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
Baman said:
The only problem is that the characters, outside of Asche, Basch and Balthier, were not relevant to the plot at all.
And of course, Vaan and Penelo should never have been there, Basch should have been the MC as originally planned.

Asseylum_ said:
Ashe and Basch were first designed to be the very main characters but then someone insisted (wouldn't be surprised if that was Nomura) to change to Vaan since Basch was old for the protagonist. Either way, in the end Ashe was the very protagonist.

Vaan was a foil for Princess Ashe and helped her
See this: http://i.imgur.com/gq0pS3M.png

Narmy said:

You say that like it's a good thing. The MMO style world and combat was one of the worst things about that game.

I put up with standard turn-based RPG combat when playing RPGs but I actually detest it. Random encounter after random encounter of pressing the attack command gets boring and frustrating when it can be avoided. It also discourages exploration, as it makes exploring annoying.
Baman said:

The license board made it to where even if you DO manage to get a hold of a powerful weapon really early on in the game it'd still take effort to be able to use it. There were ways you could easily and quickly get a hold of high powered equipment, and the license board prevented immediate use of such acquired weapons.
Udgey said:
FF12 was right there, hitting the good ole Final Fantasy nostalgia with the environment and settings (Although it's plot and characters are shit) and something happened.

On a basic level the plot was that of Star Wars. Who doesn't like Star Wars? Added to that, see this regarding the plot and characters:
http://i.imgur.com/gq0pS3M.png

EDIT: Sorry for this. I'm a bit of a fanboy for Ivalice Alliance games. Especially XII. I'm especially excited for XV too due to its large explorable world, action RPG gameplay, Final Fantasy XII translator, and Yoko Shimomura composer.
TrishaCatSep 23, 2014 5:17 PM
Sep 23, 2014 5:54 PM

Apr 2013
The all ikemen cast with shitty k-pop hairdos ain't exactly the most appealing, but I can roll with it if it all just stays at bro level.
Futuristic look again. I'm OK with it as long as the game is good, but I'd honestly really love if the series went back to its original medieval setting.
Still, this has potential, my hopes are up.
Sep 23, 2014 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
Battlechili1 said:

Udgey said:
FF12 was right there, hitting the good ole Final Fantasy nostalgia with the environment and settings (Although it's plot and characters are shit) and something happened.

On a basic level the plot was that of Star Wars. Who doesn't like Star Wars? Added to that, see this regarding the plot and characters:
http://i.imgur.com/gq0pS3M.png

EDIT: Sorry for this. I'm a bit of a fanboy for Ivalice Alliance games. Especially XII. I'm especially excited for XV too due to its large explorable world, action RPG gameplay, Final Fantasy XII translator, and Yoko Shimomura composer.
I'm a fan of Ivalice when Final Fantasy pulls it right, which it did in Final Fantasy tactics. I hated the version of Ivalice in XII. And I think calling it like Star Wars is a bit too much of a stretch
Sep 23, 2014 10:55 PM

Feb 2005
Fai said:
XIII has quite complex battle system and Lighting Returns Battle system was friggin brilliant

I dunno about 2 and 3, but in XIII 1 it was a joke. It was literally the same system as in XII but without any sort of strategy, so you just lazily swapped classes every now and then while the battle played itself. Easily the most boring and easy FF I've played to this date.
Battlechili1 said:
Yea sure, he played a role in character interaction, but as a character he had no relation to the plot. Would have been better to give his role to someone that actually had more of a reason to tag along with the party.

And yes I realize the license board was there for a reason, but it's still immeasurably retarded to have to somehow purchase a license in order to wear a hat.
It would have made more sense if they grouped shit up with some thought behind it, like requiring you to master certain kinds of weapons, and heavy armour, to be able to use them, but having to unlock specific weapons and equipment was just ridiculous. It just breaks the suspension of disbelief since you cant think of a single ingame explanation to how it makes sense.
Sep 23, 2014 11:09 PM
Sep 2007
PWJP said:
The all ikemen cast with shitty k-pop hairdos ain't exactly the most appealing, but I can roll with it if it all just stays at bro level.
Futuristic look again. I'm OK with it as long as the game is good, but I'd honestly really love if the series went back to its original medieval setting.
Still, this has potential, my hopes are up.
Maybe women simply don't have any reason to be in party, and all-male cast is actually really interesting and refreshing for a FF game.
Sep 24, 2014 1:49 AM

Jul 2007
Baman said:
Fai said:

I dunno about 2 and 3, but in XIII 1 it was a joke. It was literally the same system as in XII but without any sort of strategy, so you just lazily swapped classes every now and then while the battle played itself. Easily the most boring and easy FF I've played to this date.

^implying FF12 required strategy once you figured out the combination that worked for everything.
Sep 24, 2014 2:01 AM

Feb 2014
I'm with this guy ^
At least with FFXIII you had to press buttons and keep switching and actually knowing when to switch threw some people. I have a few friends who struggled.

With FFXII, if you set up the gambits right you could just walk away for hours and hours.The combat played itself.

Udgey said:
I'm still confused as to how Japanese game designers in their 40s are obsessing over teens

They don't make the games for themselves. They aren't the ones who are obsessing.
Sep 24, 2014 2:17 AM

Jul 2012
At this rate I think I should make my own Final Fantasy XII thread just so I don't keep clogging up this one.
I'll do that later when I've got the time.
Baman said:

Yea sure, he played a role in character interaction, but as a character he had no relation to the plot. Would have been better to give his role to someone that actually had more of a reason to tag along with the party.

It would have made more sense if they grouped shit up with some thought behind it, like requiring you to master certain kinds of weapons, and heavy armour, to be able to use them, but having to unlock specific weapons and equipment was just ridiculous. It just breaks the suspension of disbelief since you cant think of a single in-game explanation to how it makes sense.

I'd argue that his affect on Ashe was important to the plot. It was also important that it was Vaan specifically since no one else in the party experienced the same kind of loss that Ashe did.
I suppose its possible with some story and character modification to give that role to someone else without changing too much though, I'll admit.

I've always thought of it as the government requiring the player to have a permit to use certain weapons, similarly to how in real life one needs a license to own a gun (and certain other kinds of weapons and equipment)
I realize that that can seem silly with some things, like hats and stuff like you said. Considering the equipment gave you increased stats or special magical abilities though, it wouldn't be out of the question for a government to deem those too powerful for the general public without a license. Though they didn't give it an explanation in the game itself, so I can see why this theory might not mean much.

Having to master certain kinds of weapons and would have made it hard to access some types of weapons and armor later in the game if you hadn't been using those types before. It'd also in a way effectively create classes, which would ruin the freedom the game presented to the player when it came to letting whatever party member use whatever. Players would have to prioritize certain party members to use certain weapons in order to be able to use more powerful weapons later on.
Fai said:

^implying FF12 required strategy once you figured out the combination that worked for everything.

But not everything set gambit worked with everything. Sometimes you HAD to improvise based on the situation at hand. Sometimes characters need to continue onwards with their current attack (or whatever command they're doing) while others needed a quick and immediate switch to something else, something gambits couldn't always account for. (knowing when to do which I mean).
Rukie said:

With FFXII, if you set up the gambits right you could just walk away for hours and hours.The combat played itself.

Ah, but due to the lack of random encounters this didn't work if you wanted to continue leveling up and whatnot. You had to travel and find enemies at times. You couldn't just leave it alone. Not only that, but against certain enemies, especially bosses and the occasional weird map enemy, could really fuck someone up if they weren't there to make immediate and quick actions in order, prioritizing some attacks over others and prioritizing what moves to use when. Gambits were great, but they couldn't figure out little things like what order to do things in.
It could also get you into trouble by having you use magic in areas where elementals were or other things like that. There was very frequently something that required more than gambits for combat. Acquiring gambits in itself took time.
Udgey said:
I'm a fan of Ivalice when Final Fantasy pulls it right, which it did in Final Fantasy tactics. I hated the version of Ivalice in XII. And I think calling it like Star Wars is a bit too much of a stretch

The story on a basic level was a group of people forming a rebellion against an evil Empire after it took over.
Heck, Balthier was practically Han Solo.

EDIT: For those worried that Final Fantasy XV's combat will be too simple or literally only need one button:
http://i.imgur.com/F6oW9QK.png
TrishaCatSep 24, 2014 2:35 AM
Sep 24, 2014 2:40 AM

Jan 2013
Battlechili1 said:

Udgey said:

The story on a basic level was a group of people forming a rebellion against an evil Empire after it took over.
Heck, Balthier was practically Han Solo.
uhh what? Almost every Final Fantasy has been a rebellion against an evil empire.
Sep 24, 2014 2:44 AM

Jan 2013
Rukie said:

Udgey said:

They don't make the games for themselves. They aren't the ones who are obsessing.
except a lot of developers in Square create their games based on their artistic vision instead of audience catering.
Sep 24, 2014 3:02 AM
Apr 2008
Battlechili1 said:
EDIT: For those worried that Final Fantasy XV's combat will be too simple or literally only need one button:http://i.imgur.com/F6oW9QK.png

I would wait for the game to get released first to see if its true
Sep 24, 2014 3:28 AM
Sep 2007
Funny thing is, we all know we'll buy the game full price no matter if it ends up shitty.

Same for the people who were unhappy about FFXIII...
It's only a matter of time...

They WILL buy FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3.

That's the only thing that matters.

It was never about people enjoying or not enjoying Final Fantasy series, it was about the fact that you (everyone who played FF games) will give your money to Square Enix sooner or later because it's Final Fantasy.
KleferiSep 24, 2014 3:45 AM
Sep 24, 2014 7:22 AM

Jun 2011
Psajdak said:
Funny thing is, we all know we'll buy the game full price no matter if it ends up shitty.

That's the only thing that matters.

It was never about people enjoying or not enjoying Final Fantasy series, it was about the fact that you (everyone who played FF games) will give your money to Square Enix sooner or later because it's Final Fantasy.

Speak for yourself. I didn't buy FFXIII and XIII-2 until they were under $20, and I still haven't bought LR. I doubt I'll even bother with FFXV at all, since it looks terrible from what I've seen so far.
Sep 24, 2014 7:50 AM

Aug 2014
I didn't buy FFXIII and XIII-2.

I have a feeling this is also going to be shit. So yeah if so looks like I'll be skipping Final Fantasy XV Boyband Roadtrip as well.
FoxfireSep 24, 2014 7:55 AM
Sep 24, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
“In terms of making it less thoughtful and strategic, I definitely want to pursue that direction. With Final Fantasy 15, I want to make to make it more casual. Of course, the depth of the game is going to be there – but I want to make it so players can easily enjoy the depth of the game."

“The current status of Final Fantasy 15′s development is about 55% at this point."

Just something that caught my eye from this new interview. Some of things in there seem to be a few days old already, tho and were already posted.
Sep 24, 2014 8:43 AM

Feb 2005
Fai said:
But then you actually had to come up with it. Watching the game play itself after you've devised a genius tactic is worlds apart from simply watching the game play itself. Believe it or not, but I actually had loads of fun collecting the various gambit parts and devising all kinds of interesting battle patterns. And then there were several boss battles that requires very specific stuff, Ultima for example cast zombie on you so you were fucked if you just kept your guys casting curaga on themselves.
Meanwhile in XIII it never really mattered what you did as long as you switched into the "right" classes at the right time, and doing anything other than the right combination just got you a bad score.
Battlechili1 said:
Though they didn't give it an explanation in the game itself, so I can see why this theory might not mean much.
Aye that's the problem. If they'd added in those stupid judges from FFTA then at least it could make sense, but alas.
And by mastering types of equipment I was more thinking about just purchasing licenses like normal, only for types of equipment as opposed to specific stuff.
Sep 24, 2014 8:44 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Battlechili1 said:

That means nothing. Vaan had nothing to do with the main story, even if he was a foil. He felt more like a supporting character.

Psajdak said:

That's the only thing that matters..

Then how do you explain that XIII-2 and LR had lower sales than the first XIII?

BeatzMe said:

“The current status of Final Fantasy 15′s development is about 55% at this point."

It proves that Nomura didn't care about the game all these years and he was focusing himself on random KH games. And sadly there are still people who think that the full version will be released in 2015.
Sep 24, 2014 9:48 AM

Jul 2007
TO be honest I WILL buy the XIII trilogy on steam, simply because:
- it will look gorgeous on PC resolutions and framerate.
- I enjoyed the lore of XIII world and subversions of FF cliches (especially XIII-2 ending).
- Despite it's shaky gameplay decisions and character development(lack of it) for the lead, the trilogy actually managed to deliver a non-sexist approach to female characters in Final Fantasy game, which I have not seen since FF6(well technically FF12 had some of that but not enough).
- I loved the combat system in XIII-2 and especially in LR.
- More japanese companies developing things for PC market should always be encouraged.
- XIII trilogy will most likely be last Final Fantasy games I had interest in.
Sep 24, 2014 10:08 AM
Sep 2007
Asseylum_ said:
Then how do you explain that XIII-2 and LR had lower sales than the first XIII?
Impossible, that simply can't be true.

And everyone buying every FF game (except maybe some side titles, or online types like FFXI and FFXIV) is nothing bad at all, it's just natural, it's how the world works...

As for FFXIII and its sequels, I didn't play them yet, and will I buy them depends completely on wether will PC version (because it'll most likely be superior to PS3 version) have option for japanese voices, if it doesn't I'll get myself patched undub version which will most likely be unofficially be released, meaning I won't be actually buying it.
But if it does, SE, take all my money!

Anyway, I heard that FFXIII is quite linear, but I don't mind that, plus Lightning seems to be really cool, and one of the reason I want to play games with her with japanese voices is because I can totally imagine her with the voice of Maaya Sakamoto.

Well, I'm currently marathoning (replaying) all the main FF games in order from the FFI and I'm still on FFIII, so there will be quite a lot of time before I get to the latest released FF games.
Sep 24, 2014 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
TO be honest I WILL buy the XIII trilogy on steam, simply because:
- it will look gorgeous on PC resolutions and framerate.
- I enjoyed the lore of XIII world and subversions of FF cliches (especially XIII-2 ending).
- Despite it's shaky gameplay decisions and character development(lack of it) for the lead, the trilogy actually managed to deliver a non-sexist approach to female characters in Final Fantasy game, which I have not seen since FF6(well technically FF12 had some of that but not enough).
- I loved the combat system in XIII-2 and especially in LR.
- More japanese companies developing things for PC market should always be encouraged.
- XIII trilogy will most likely be last Final Fantasy games I had interest in.
I too will buy Final Fantasy 13 not for the plot or whatever but so I can play the game on high settings since the game is definitely gorgeous.
Sep 24, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
Udgey said:
Fai said:
TO be honest I WILL buy the XIII trilogy
I too will buy

Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Sep 24, 2014 3:26 PM

May 2014
V u V .. Versus . ♥
✖GAMESTART✖
{ V O L U M E | W O R L D }
The Ω Drifter
Bad Habits: Daydreaming, Cloud 9, loose cannon , Critical - Video Games;
♚ ??? | Canada
▲ ACE • SPADE • CLUB • DIAMOND ▼ ™
> Twitch.tv
> Main Tumblr

Sep 24, 2014 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
Cakedog said:
Udgey said:
I too will buy

Except I kinda like to support the industry
Sep 24, 2014 5:41 PM

Aug 2013
The final fantasy prelude piece gets me every time.
Sep 25, 2014 1:29 AM

Feb 2014
Battlechili1 said:

Rukie said:

Ah, but due to the lack of random encounters this didn't work if you wanted to continue leveling up and whatnot. You had to travel and find enemies at times. You couldn't just leave it alone. Not only that, but against certain enemies, especially bosses and the occasional weird map enemy, could really fuck someone up if they weren't there to make immediate and quick actions in order, prioritizing some attacks over others and prioritizing what moves to use when. Gambits were great, but they couldn't figure out little things like what order to do things in.
It could also get you into trouble by having you use magic in areas where elementals were or other things like that. There was very frequently something that required more than gambits for combat. Acquiring gambits in itself took time.

I didn't mean you could leave anywhere. I just meant there are guides out there for how to set your gambits in a fight with Negalmuur and then leave it on overnight to gain levels...which just always seemed really ridiculous to me XD
To each their own though...it's not like XII had the first battle system I really didn't care for in an ff game or anything.
Sep 26, 2014 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
The trailer looks incredibly awesome. I'm so exicted, I can't wait any longer. I mean, they have been working on it for more than 7 years now. I'm sure FF15's gonna be one hell of a game.

Sep 27, 2014 5:32 AM
Sep 2007
I really doubt they worked so long on it...

They most likely just made some trailers and teasers to keep fans occupied, otherwise they wouldn't be at only 55% of finished development right now, if even that is true.

During that time some other developers made, like, 3 games in their series.
Sep 27, 2014 7:06 AM

Jul 2007
Its more like the author was spending time fangirling on Kingdom Hearts while this was gathering dust on shelf.
Then he grew bored of it, decided to go do more kingdom hearts and threw FF-BoyBand to new person, who decided to turn it into facebook cow-clicker.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

10 by Astachanna »»
25 minutes ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
29 minutes ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
2 hours ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

55 by BitChilly »»
2 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.