Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 15, 2014 4:13 PM

Sep 2009
this thread is mainly for girls on mal... so do any of you experience really bad period cramps? Have you always had that or is it more recent? is it due to an underlying medical condition? and what do you find most helpful to combat them?

i've had really bad period cramps for as long as i remember, partially due to anemia, however i need to go to the doctor to find out if theres other causes because I'm in so much pain. Anyway, I find the only helpful thing is chocolate and a hot water bottle.
out-ofthe-woods.tumblr.com

(✿◠‿◠)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 15, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2012
I know the feeling, that kind of cramps really hurt like a bitch. I also have had them for as long as I can remember. Sometimes I take a pill for it but I rather not because I often read articles about the side effects and the negative influences they have on your body.

I really recommend a jug. Just fill it up with hot water and put it on the lower side of your stomach while laying down. I do it before I go to bed and it really works for me. Hope you find this a little helpfull ;)
Sep 15, 2014 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
Yes. My mood is very different around my manly period.
Sep 15, 2014 4:38 PM

Dec 2011
Only once, I thought I was gonna die from the pain..

Sep 15, 2014 4:52 PM

May 2009
I feel you.

I've been through quite a couple of painful experiences and period cramps have been one of the worst for me. I've always had them and have seen many doctors, but so far, no cause has been found. None of the drugs they prescribed worked, nor did any of the many home remedies I tried. I also tend to throw everything up.

Almost every month, my mother, and previously my roommate, would find me rolling on the floor, sobbing and wishing I would just die. Often, it feels like I am going to die. I passed out a few times, sometimes in the car while on the way to the hospital. I'll usually end up in the ER in a pitiful state, they'd give me a shot or two of strong pain killers (which doctors have refused to prescribe me as they don't believe I'm in enough pain), the pain starts easing 20-30 mins later and I'd fall asleep right afterwards from exhaustion. So far, this has been literally the only thing that works for me.

When I was a student, it was fine to miss class every month, but now that I'm going to start working, I'm really worried and not sure how to deal with it. It's literally a monthly disability.

Periods are the reason I wish I had been born a man.
Sep 15, 2014 5:01 PM
Oct 2008
A hot water bottle and a lie down is the best thing for cramps. However, I have noticed since I significantly reduced the carbs and sugar in my regular diet, the grumpiness, cramps and lethargy have been much better. Could be coincidence but may be worth a try if you are really suffering.
Sep 15, 2014 5:15 PM

Oct 2013
A lot of girls seem to get cramps frequently. I've never experienced cramps, and my boobs never feel pain either. (My friend punches them all the time because of that) Are cramps and breast pain more normal than none at all when you're on your period?
I'd go with emobubbles, but someone else already had it, damn bastard.
Sep 15, 2014 5:22 PM

Dec 2012
Must suck, I don't have them at all and I'm 18. Am I not normal?!

Edit: A thread for girls with mostly guys browsing the forums? Oh man..
Sep 15, 2014 5:22 PM

Apr 2013
I know for that one week every month my girl is hell to be with. But I love her and I always do things like bring her water or food. She has pills to help with the cramps but for some reason laying down wrapped around my arm is something that makes her feel better. Besides that, the mood swings and constant bickering is a drag.
Sep 15, 2014 5:41 PM

Jun 2007
Cosine said:
but for some reason laying down wrapped around my arm is something that makes her feel better.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Sep 15, 2014 5:47 PM
Oct 2008
I hadn't thought of the exercise aspect. That could also be a factor in the improvement as I started exercising regularly around the same time.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisSep 16, 2014 11:23 AM
Sep 15, 2014 5:51 PM

Jun 2012
How do you think it feels, I'm literally shedding my insides (well part of it). I used to never get cramps, but about 6-7 months ago they started to get so bad that I could/can barely walk when it's that time of the month. Which really sucks. The best way I can describe the pain is a stabbing in my lower back that spreads to the lower part of my thighs. Sometimes it feels like my stomach is collapsing on itself.
Sep 15, 2014 6:29 PM

Apr 2014
Yes I get like the worst period pain ever! It makes me feel like lashing out at other innocent people, and everything that would normally just annoy me makes me furious when I'm on my period. I normally have to take nurofen to cope with that aching, annoying pain. Speaking of periods, I'm probably due for mine soon.

I hope everyone liked listening to my period story. :D
Sep 15, 2014 8:36 PM

Jan 2013
I rarely get period cramps, so I consider myself lucky! But when I do have them, they hurt a lot. It's very painful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2014 9:32 PM

Feb 2013
no. my periods have always been very light, short, and painless! lol :*
Sep 15, 2014 10:30 PM
May 2013
I don't ever get cramps. Other symptoms, yeah, but not cramps. When I was in high school I used to get these really crazy moods. I'd either want to physically hurt people for no reason or for the tiniest reason, or I'd become literally suicidally depressed. It was the weirdest thing, but I knew why it was happening, so I never acted on what I was feeling month to month. Luckily that shit stopped when I was about 18 or so.
Sep 15, 2014 10:48 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Eyyy, our cycles are in sync right now. I didn't really get any super painful cramps this time around.
It seems like the more I weigh, the less painful it is.
And when I actually get up and try to stay fit, the really painful cramps come.
I never really try to combat them. I just groan in agony while clutching my stomach until the next day when they stop.
When I first started to have periods, I would have migraines around the same time. It was awful.

I hope it starts becoming less painful for you! My mom always tries to give me pain relief pills, so maybe that might help a little??

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 15, 2014 11:12 PM

May 2010
Kitska said:
no. my periods have always been very light, short, and painless! lol :*

/said no woman ever/
Sep 16, 2014 2:35 AM

Oct 2012
thankfully, i get almost no period since im so skrong

but i do get pain. i take aleve and punch things.
Sep 16, 2014 6:38 AM

Mar 2012
rothrock said:
Must suck, I don't have them at all and I'm 18. Am I not normal?!

Edit: A thread for girls with mostly guys browsing the forums? Oh man..

It's not the default way, I don't really either.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Sep 16, 2014 7:41 AM

Nov 2012
I have absolutely terrible cramps. Always had. Warmth helps.
Sep 16, 2014 7:51 AM

Aug 2014
On topic: my period cramps are so painful that often times, I sit in the fetal position and simply cry while I wait for them to subside momentarily. I often find ways to force my lower body into numbness.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
VudisSep 16, 2014 9:44 AM
Sep 16, 2014 8:17 AM

Feb 2013
Im having cramps right now and it hurts like hell.

Sep 16, 2014 9:45 AM

Mar 2009
Thread cleaned.
Removed trolling.
From guys.
Seriously...
Sep 16, 2014 9:49 AM
May 2014
I always have cramps, which are really painful.. Taking hot showers and a stomach massage always helps.
Sep 16, 2014 9:51 AM

Apr 2014
I am not jealous of period pains. Completely fine being pain free all year round. Of course unless I piss off a female on their period, which usually ends up with my own form of "period pains". She kicks me in the testicles.

Mod Edit: Removed trolling
VudisSep 16, 2014 11:21 AM
Sep 16, 2014 10:40 AM

Dec 2011
I dirtied my favourite sleepwear with my period blood, but I never have cramps during period and I have that going for me which is nice
Sep 16, 2014 11:24 AM

Mar 2009
More cleaning
If the trolling isn't gonna stop I'll need to lock the thread due to it getting derailed again and again and also dish out warnings/bans for trolling.
Please keep it civil.
Sep 16, 2014 11:32 AM

Sep 2011
Not sure why my previous on topic and non-trolling response was deleted buuuuut guess i'll say it again :]

exercising helps loads with cramps~ also some birthcontrol makes them a lot worse, went through a few different kinds 'till finding one that wasn't horrendous

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Sep 16, 2014 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
I having cramps really often. Almost every time. I hate it. And nothing can help, not even medicine.

one day I'll be a champion at shitposting!
Sep 16, 2014 11:54 AM

Jun 2014
The worst cramp I have ever had was when I was swimming for too long.. Man, that was some real pain.. hope you guys dont get cramps as bad as those.

Team Blackbeard||Hot Seat Thread||-主人-様 <3||DIE
Sep 16, 2014 11:55 AM

Aug 2014
M_F_M said:
The worst cramp I have ever had was when I was swimming for too long.. Man, that was some real pain.. hope you guys dont get cramps as bad as those.

Lmao, your swimming cramps pale in comparison to my menstrual cramps.
Sep 16, 2014 11:57 AM

Jan 2014
Ha, you have a retroflexed uterus.
Sep 16, 2014 12:05 PM

Dec 2013
-shotz said:
i don't see how i was trolling... wouldn't blue balls be the male equivilent of a period cramp? i'm not trying to be a dick or anything but i didn't know it was such a serious offense.

Not really, it's obvious trolling.
Sep 16, 2014 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
Astros477 said:
-shotz said:
i don't see how i was trolling... wouldn't blue balls be the male equivilent of a period cramp? i'm not trying to be a dick or anything but i didn't know it was such a serious offense.

Wtf is bue balls? ._.

Sep 16, 2014 12:07 PM

Aug 2014
Astros477 said:
-shotz said:

Very obvious.
Sep 16, 2014 12:10 PM

Aug 2014
today I went to local shop to buy some food and suddenly I had such a terrible period cramp. I almost lost my consciousness. then some girl at that shop asked me "sir? are you ok?" so I said "yes I m fine" so she asked again "but you don't look very good" so I said "no, no I m fine. its not like I have period cramps or something". then she suddenly became silent and moved away. it not like I could just said her about what really happened to me, you know... but it wasn't even my period time, wtf?
but why peoples are mistaking me with trolls so often?
Sep 16, 2014 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
-shotz said:

see? i'm making valid contributions here people.

Contributions which have little to do with the threads OP.
Sep 16, 2014 12:12 PM

Jun 2014
This thread's going to get locked.

Sep 16, 2014 12:12 PM

Nov 2012
"Your period is like coming home one day and finding that your spouse has constructed this entire new baby bedroom inside your house and you have to tell them “Sweetie we don’t have a baby” and then your spouse FLIPS THE FUCK OUT like “The FUCK do you mean we don’t have a baby I DID ALL THIS WORK” and then they spend the next week tearing the whole room apart and throwing it out into the street and screaming at you and then finally when the room is completely gutted they calm down and say “It’s okay hon we’ll have a baby next month” and then they start building the room again AND THIS SHIT KEEPS GOING FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE UNTIL YOU HIT LIKE 50 AND THEN YOUR SPOUSE LEAVES YOU BUT NOT BEFORE SETTING THE WHOLE HOUSE ON FIRE SO IT’S NEVER THE SAME AGAIN"
Sep 16, 2014 12:13 PM

Aug 2014
Vudis is going to be very frustrated that people are still derailing this topic despite his previous warning...
Sep 16, 2014 12:15 PM

Apr 2012
MeiMisaki1525 said:
M_F_M said:

Like Id trust womens scale for pain. Most women Ive dealt with overreacted a LOT from little physical pain, stuff I dont even flinch at. Now ofc, you cant do that with internal pain since you cant compare them, but atleast in terms of physical pain that comes from an outwards source and which's result (bruises) etc. can be seen you can comprehend the pain. And in that doman women react WAY worse than most men. I dont know if its a physical thing (maybe women have more pain sensors/nerves?) but it is pretty much a fact. If its similar with internal pain, I could imagine that a man would feel much less pain/react way less or find it less painfull than women while actually experiencing the same "objective" amount of pain.

Now before you toss me a video of a pain simulator simulating birth, let me just state its fake.

Now I dont want to belittle the pain you women go trough. In the end, just because someone can bear pain better doesnt mean someone who is weaker is still not feeling alot of pain. Pain is a highly subjective thing aswell after all,but Id not act like the pain you are experiencing is objectively the worst in the world. Let a tougher woman or man experience the same pain and maybe theyd report its not as bad.
Sep 16, 2014 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
baki502 said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

Like Id trust womens scale for pain. Most women Ive dealt with overreacted a LOT from little physical pain, stuff I dont even flinch at. Now ofc, you cant do that with internal pain since you cant compare them, but atleast in terms of physical pain that comes from an outwards source and which's result (bruises) etc. can be seen you can comprehend the pain. And in that doman women react WAY worse than most men. I dont know if its a physical thing (maybe women have more pain sensors/nerves?) but it is pretty much a fact. If its similar with internal pain, I could imagine that a man would feel much less pain/react way less or find it less painfull than women while actually experiencing the same "objective" amount of pain.

Now before you toss me a video of a pain simulator simulating birth, let me just state its fake.

Now I dont want to belittle the pain you women go trough. In the end, just because someone can bear pain better doesnt mean someone who is weaker is still not feeling alot of pain. Pain is a highly subjective thing aswell after all,but Id not act like the pain you are experiencing is objectively the worst in the world. Let a tougher woman or man experience the same pain and maybe theyd report its not as bad.

This whole tangent seems unnecessary and pointless, especially since what I said was meant to be taken in jest.
Sep 16, 2014 12:18 PM

Aug 2014
lets face it, the only thing that can help us with our period crams is... a psychologist.
but why peoples are mistaking me with trolls so often?
Sep 16, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2012
I get them every time. :C

>and what do you find most helpful to combat them?
I usually lie on my belly on my bed.
Sep 16, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2012
MeiMisaki1525 said:
baki502 said:

This whole tangent seems unnecessary and pointless, especially since what I said was meant to be taken in jest.

It was not solely directed at you. It was a general message to the woman saying "period cramps are the worst!" or "Nothing hurts more than child birth". And well your message had the same spirit and I failed to see the funny, joke in it, it was the typical "you guys's pain pales in comparison to my women only pain"- statement. Which Ive kinda grown tired of seeing.
Sep 16, 2014 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
baki502 said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

It was not solely directed at you. It was a general message to the woman saying "period cramps are the worst!" or "Nothing hurts more than child birth". And well your message had the same spirit and I failed to see the funny, joke in it, it was the typical "you guys's pain pales in comparison to my women only pain"- statement. Which Ive kinda grown tired of seeing.

Seeing as how the joke was intended for my good friend, M_F_M, I couldn't care less for how you felt about it.
Sep 16, 2014 12:25 PM

Mar 2013
I cant say i know the feeling. but my alt experiences very frequent period cramps.

She says they're painful.
Happy Halloween
Sep 16, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
baki502 said:
MeiMisaki1525 said:

I agree. if only women could experience a single kick to the balls they would understand what the real pain is...

Sep 16, 2014 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
FullMetalIncest said:
baki502 said:

I agree. if only women could experience a single kick to the balls they would understand what the real pain is...

I would wager a kick to the vagina is worse, although, I would never experience such a thing due to my years of combat training. :p
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 12 hours ago

27 by Sad »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

37 by Sad »»
7 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
2 hours ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
2 hours ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.