Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 3, 2014 4:58 PM
Jun 2014
So I started watching hunter because some reviwers on utube review hunter an also a person i knew a whilr back said its amazing. I didnt get into it too much from the start but from loving one piece i knew slower begginings do not make a series bad. Im currently on about 102 and i hve to be honest im bored. I love the big 3 and fairy tail but somethnbg about this is less grippig for me. I enjoy it partly especially Killua who i like more than the main char. I thought the chimera ant arc was going to blow me away and i did enjoy it at the start but the main char is a kind of odd. Anyways just wanted to hear some thoughts on peoples opinions about it. I dont hate the show but its not as enjoyable as i expected. Is there something cool coming my way (no major spoilers)?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
VudisSep 5, 2014 1:18 PM
Dem anime hipsters tho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2014 5:01 PM
Dec 2013
I think you forgot to watch the Yorknew Arc.

Since you are only up to episode 102, Yes, amazing and epic shit will be coming your way in terms of fights. And you also like Killua more, so even more surprising for you.
Sep 3, 2014 5:05 PM

Nov 2010
It's a very good series but it's no One Piece or Naruto. Don't expect it to surpass them. The next part is mixed, some people love it, some people hate it.

And if I'm understanding the title and your post right. It would be better to take extremist out if you really don't hate the series.
Sep 3, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
Is english your first language? If you don't like HxH by episode 102 then it's clearly not for you.
Sep 3, 2014 5:07 PM
Jun 2014
No i disnt say i dont like it. I enjoy killua fighing and that york new arc however the stuf with knuckle didnt excite me and niether fo the board games. I like hisoka but i hoped he wud be more like orochimaru.
Sep 3, 2014 5:14 PM

Dec 2013
If Yorknew hadn't caught your interest it probably isn't your thing.
Sep 3, 2014 5:17 PM
Jun 2014
Kuralchemist99 said:

Actually enjoyed the york new arc more than what im currently up to in chimera. Ill end up finishing it cuz im already invested 2/3 in it. Are the fights with royal guards and king epic?
Sep 3, 2014 5:23 PM

Dec 2013
MrLief said:
If you don't like HxH by episode 102 then it's clearly not for you.
Pretty much this
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 3, 2014 5:24 PM

Dec 2013
boredxxx said:
Kuralchemist99 said:

Actually enjoyed the york new arc more than what im currently up to in chimera. Ill end up finishing it cuz im already invested 2/3 in it. Are the fights with royal guards and king epic?
Personally, Yorknew City was the best arc in the series. Yes they are, especially Netero vs Meruem.
Sep 3, 2014 5:24 PM

Jun 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
It's a very good series but it's no One Piece or Naruto. Don't expect it to surpass them. The next part is mixed, some people love it, some people hate it.

And if I'm understanding the title and your post right. It would be better to take extremist out if you really don't hate the series.

Did you just say Naruto outclasses Hunter X Hunter? Talk about bad opinions. Please don't give me a lecture like you do when anyone disagrees with you.
Previously: BlueXRam
Sep 3, 2014 5:28 PM

Nov 2010
boredxxx said:
Kuralchemist99 said:

Well regarding Chimera Ant there are two big groups of opinions about it. One thinks it's the best arc in the whole anime with Yorknew right behind of it and the other thinks it's the worst arc while thinking Yorknew is the best. Maybe you're the latter.

BlueXRam said:
Did you just say Naruto outclasses Hunter X Hunter? Talk about bad opinions. Please don't give me a lecture like you do when anyone disagrees with you.
Yes, easily. And I would say the same to you if I was the sort of person to call someone's opinions bad because of what anime they like.
Sep 3, 2014 5:30 PM

Jun 2014
The first half of the chimera ant arc does not compare to Yorknew however

Also if you are not enjoying it after watching 102 episodes, stop watching the show it's too complex for you and has too much plot.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
VudisSep 5, 2014 11:42 AM
Sep 3, 2014 5:32 PM

Dec 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
boredxxx said:

Well regarding Chimera Ant there are two big groups of opinions about it. One thinks it's the best arc in the whole anime with Yorknew right behind of it and the other thinks it's the worst arc while thinking Yorknew is the best. Maybe you're the latter.

BlueXRam said:
Yes, easily. And I would say the same to you if I was the sort of person to call people's opinions bad because of what anime they like.
That does seem to be the general consensus on this site. I feel like I'm one of the few who ranks Yorknew above Chimera Ant without hating on CA either.
Sep 3, 2014 5:33 PM

May 2012
Yorknew is overrated. I don't know why people like it so much. The worst character out of the whole group, Kurapika, gets too much focus. He is too OP, his fights were boring. Chrollo was the best thing about that arc.
Sep 3, 2014 5:35 PM
Jun 2014
Im with turtle regarding Naruto, I enjoy it a lot. And i had no idea that there was the 2 opinion system with the arcs. I thought it was #chimeraantarcmasterrace type of deal. I think the phantom troupe were much more interesting the the chimera king and guards. I also didnt get too into the Greed Island arc, what do people think about that one?
Sep 3, 2014 5:35 PM

Jun 2014
Kuralchemist99 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Yes, easily. And I would say the same to you if I was the sort of person to call people's opinions bad because of what anime they like.
That does seem to be the general consensus on this site. I feel like I'm one of the few who ranks Yorknew above Chimera Ant without hating on CA either.

I've seen a lot of people who enjoyed Yorknew over Chimera Ant and I can see why. I just wish it didn't have such a lackluster ending. In the end it kinda felt a bit pointless in terms of plot development, though it did further strengthen the path of Kurapika. Both arcs had the same intense feels, hard to pick a winner but the Netero Vs Meruem and Gon Vs Pitou won it for me.
Sep 3, 2014 5:36 PM
Jun 2014
PoeticJustice said:
Yorknew is overrated. I don't know why people like it so much. The worst character out of the whole group, Kurapika, gets too much focus. He is too OP, his fights were boring. Chrollo was the best thing about that arc.

Im kinda with you on that but my favourite part of the arc wasnt Kurapika but was the phantom troupe development.
Sep 3, 2014 5:36 PM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:
Im with turtle regarding Naruto, I enjoy it a lot. And i had no idea that there was the 2 opinion system with the arcs. I thought it was #chimeraantarcmasterrace type of deal. I think the phantom troupe were much more interesting the the chimera king and guards. I also didnt get too into the Greed Island arc, what do people think about that one?

Probably the least liked arc along with the tournament.
Sep 3, 2014 5:37 PM

Dec 2013
BlueXRam said:
boredxxx said:

Zoldyck family usually gets the least attention.
Sep 3, 2014 5:39 PM
Jun 2014
Does leorio get more development? I feel like hes been left out of the spotlight a lot and now that Kurapika and gon have been decently grown in terms of character i cant wait to sed leorio in action.
Sep 3, 2014 5:39 PM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:
Does leorio get more development? I feel like hes been left out of the spotlight a lot and now that Kurapika and gon have been decently grown in terms of character i cant wait to sed leorio in action.

Just wait till the election arc. Too bad it's the last arc of the anime :(.

Kuralchemist99 said:
BlueXRam said:

That's more of a side arc though.
Sep 3, 2014 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
boredxxx said:
Further down the line, mostle during the arc after the one that you're on.
Sep 3, 2014 5:40 PM

Jul 2014
boredxxx said:
No i disnt say i dont like it. I enjoy killua fighing and that york new arc however the stuf with knuckle didnt excite me and niether fo the board games. I like hisoka but i hoped he wud be more like orochimaru.

So you clearly enjoyed some of the arcs except the Chimera Ant arc? Well, I understand that but I suggest not to hope for Hisoka to be more like Orochimaru. I mean, what did you mean by this? Sorry, I don't know what's going on with Naruto right now but from what I've seen, they're entirely different as a villain imo.
Hisoka is Hisoka, you know. :)
Sep 3, 2014 5:42 PM

Nov 2010
boredxxx said:
Kurapika and Leeorio are gone until like episode 136 or so. And from what I've seen, Leeorio has gotten none since he came back.
Sep 3, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2014
YucchinZoldyck said:
boredxxx said:

So you clearly enjoyed some of the arcs except the Chimera Ant arc? Well, I understand that but I suggest not to hope for Hisoka to be more like Orochimaru. I mean, what did you mean by this? Sorry, I don't know what's going on with Naruto right now but from what I've seen, they're entirely different as a villain imo.

They're similar in their obsession with Gon/Sauske but Hisoka is such a more blood thirsty character. If you're thinking he's lightned up after watching the greed island arc just wait till the election arc. Dude goes on a massacre.
Sep 3, 2014 5:43 PM

Dec 2013
BlueXRam said:
boredxxx said:

Kuralchemist99 said:

Hunter Exam arc leads right into it, and it was needed for the plot. It's just extremely uneventful and short.
Sep 3, 2014 5:44 PM

Jun 2014
Kuralchemist99 said:
BlueXRam said:

Hunter Exam arc leads right into it, and it was needed for the plot. It's just extremely uneventful and short.

Yeah but it'd be unfair to add it into the actual arcs of the series. Of course it would get the least attention.
Sep 3, 2014 5:44 PM
Jun 2014
YucchinZoldyck said:
boredxxx said:

Yes so ill clear everything up. His oak is cool but hes kind of an odd duck. Hes evil and then hes helping them and it really confuses the way im meant to feel about him. I did enjoy previous arcs (mostly killuas fights) like the heavens arena or whatever was enjoyable but so far chimera arc has kinda been lame for me. I thought kite was gonna be all badass and then he dies and i feel the main char is just not strong enough.
Sep 3, 2014 5:45 PM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:
YucchinZoldyck said:

Yes so ill clear everything up. His oak is cool but hes kind of an odd duck. Hes evil and then hes helping them and it really confuses the way im meant to feel about him. I did enjoy previous arcs (mostly killuas fights) like the heavens arena or whatever was enjoyable but so far chimera arc has kinda been lame for me. I thought kite was gonna be all badass and then he dies and i feel the main char is just not strong enough.

The only reason he likes Gon is because he wants to kill him. He's not at all a "good" person. Like I said in the election arc, Hisoka goes full on psychopath.
Sep 3, 2014 5:49 PM
Jun 2014
Awsome. I know hes evil but when he helps them on greed island i feel like that hurt his character.
Sep 3, 2014 5:50 PM

Dec 2013
boredxxx said:
Awsome. I know hes evil but when he helps them on greed island i feel like that hurt his character.
He's still on Greed Island for selfish intent (wants to fight chrollo)
Sep 3, 2014 5:52 PM

Jun 2014
Agree with the post above that the York New arc is the best of the story. Kinda odd though because that best acr is focused more on Kurapika rather on the real mc. It's exciting thanks to the mysterious spider group.
I hate the pacing of chimera ant arc and the annoying spoon feeding narrator.
Sep 3, 2014 5:55 PM

Jun 2014
blessofcurse said:
Agree with the post above that the York New arc is the best of the story. Kinda odd though because that best acr is focused more on Kurapika rather on the real mc. It's exciting thanks to the mysterious spider group.

Hunter X Hunter has shown it doesn't need to focus on the MC to have a successful arc, such as the election arc. I love how Togashi does that.
Sep 3, 2014 5:56 PM

Dec 2013
BlueXRam said:
blessofcurse said:

Hunter X Hunter has shown it doesn't need to focus on the MC to have a successful arc, such as the election arc. I love how Togashi does that.
Seconded. Although Gon is featured prominently in Yorknew, albeit not being the main focus.
Sep 3, 2014 5:57 PM
Jun 2014
The progression of the main characters strength is confusing to me. Im glad hes not super op and all but right now with the enemies at hand at what im up to, idk how hes gonna pull it off if he could barely fight knuckle. Im sure he will pull through but i just think he should be stronger and gotten to the chimera and place earlier.
Sep 3, 2014 5:59 PM

Jun 2014
boredxxx said:
The progression of the main characters strength is confusing to me. Im glad hes not super op and all but right now with the enemies at hand at what im up to, idk how hes gonna pull it off if he could barely fight knuckle. Im sure he will pull through but i just think he should be stronger and gotten to the chimera and place earlier.

Juuust keep watching haha. Don't want to spoil anything. Both Gon and Killua pull off some epic shit.
Sep 3, 2014 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
boredxxx said:
HxH goes against the grain of most shonen, and has the MCs get out of sticky situations using wit, while the big bads are usually taken care of by more experienced, older characters like Netero and Morel.
Sep 3, 2014 6:00 PM

May 2012
blessofcurse said:

Exactly why it is not the best arc. The troupe was more interesting than him. His fight with Uvo was so lame, they hyped up the troupe to be big and bad yet kurapika beats him without as much as a struggle? GTFO.
Sep 3, 2014 6:01 PM

Mar 2014
boredxxx said:

The majority of HxH fans do love CA and think it's either the best arc (ever) or up there with Yorknew. The ones who hate it are a very vocal minority.

BlueXRam said:
The first half of the chimera ant arc does not compare to Yorknew however when the Hunters invade the castle it gets miles better. Also if you are not enjoying it after watching 102 episodes, stop watching the show it's too complex for you and has too much plot.

K no. I don't agree that One Piece/Naruto > HxH (because I've never watched both fully) but that last statement is so dumb and is the reason why the term "Huntard" is even a thing. If people don't like HxH, fine, but that doesn't mean they can't handle it.

PoeticJustice said:
blessofcurse said:

Exactly why it is not the best arc. The troupe was more interesting than him. His fight with Uvo was so lame, they hyped up the troupe to be big and bad yet kurapika beats him without as much as a struggle? GTFO.

Kurapika's fight with Uvo was hype as hell! What the heck are you talking about? It also established how awesome Nen can be, which served as a stepping stone for the events that unfolded in the CA arc.

The Yorknew arc was good because of the interesting bunch that is the Phantom Troupe and the suspense and thrills that happened. The requiem, the exchange, getting close to the Troupe, being caught by them, etc. It was all so sick.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:05 PM
Sep 3, 2014 6:03 PM

Dec 2013
PoeticJustice said:
blessofcurse said:

Alot of people think that Kurapika was somewhat OP against the Troupe, but to be fair his chain jail only works on them.
Sep 3, 2014 6:03 PM

Jun 2014
jreginald said:
boredxxx said:

The majority of HxH fans do love CA and think it's either the best arc (ever) or up there with Yorknew. The ones who hate it are a very vocal minority.

BlueXRam said:
The first half of the chimera ant arc does not compare to Yorknew however when the Hunters invade the castle it gets miles better. Also if you are not enjoying it after watching 102 episodes, stop watching the show it's too complex for you and has too much plot.

K no. I don't agree that One Piece/Naruto > HxH (because I've never watched both fully) but that last statement is so dumb and is the reason why the term "Huntard" is even a thing. If people don't like HxH, fine, but that doesn't mean they can't handle it.

Yeah I exaggerated however if he was bored throughout the whole 102 episodes that does mean the show is not for him, but he commented that he enjoyed parts of the series.

Kuralchemist99 said:
PoeticJustice said:

Alot of people think that Kurapika was somewhat OP against the Troupe, but to be fair his chain jail only works on them.

Yeah it's pretty clear that the only reason he stands a chance is because of the chain jail and how huge of an advantage it gives him. Also Kurapika only ended up getting one troupe member it's not like he just destroyed the whole group. One more thing the Troupe now know of his ability so it will be a much tougher time with the rest of the members then it was with Uvo.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:10 PM
Sep 3, 2014 6:07 PM
Jun 2014
BlueXRam said:
boredxxx said:

Juuust keep watching haha. Don't want to spoil anything. Both Gon and Killua pull off some epic shit.

Aye i need to get back on it i dropped at 102 like a month or 2 ago
Sep 3, 2014 6:08 PM

Dec 2013
BlueXRam said:
Kuralchemist99 said:

Yeah it's pretty clear that the only reason he stands a chance is because of the chain jail and how huge of an advantage it gives him. Also Kurapika only ended up getting one troupe member it's not like he just destroyed the whole group. One more thing the Troupe now know of his ability so it will be a much tougher time with the rest of the members then it was with Uvo.
2 counting Pakunoda. And yeah, he's going to have a MUCH harder time now that they know his power. (Which ironically could've easily been avoided had Kurapika not revealed his powers to Killua and Gon)
Sep 3, 2014 6:10 PM

Jun 2014
Kuralchemist99 said:
BlueXRam said:

2 counting Pakunoda. And yeah, he's going to have a MUCH harder time now that they know his power. (Which ironically could've easily been avoided had Kurapika not revealed his powers to Killua and Gon)

Meh, consider that more of a suicide but yeah.
Sep 3, 2014 6:12 PM
Jun 2014
Lol couldn't handle it. I'm not 5 haha just a different spin on shonen that im trying to adjust to.

BlueXRam said:
Kuralchemist99 said:

Grey area haha

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:12 PM
Sep 3, 2014 6:14 PM

Jun 2014
Yeah if you've gotten to episode 102 and still don't like the anime it's definitely not for you. And about you liking Killua more than the main character, I think everyone pretty much feels that way. Gon is kind of annoying and irrelevant most of the story except for what happens to him near the end of the anime which i won't spoil
Sep 3, 2014 6:16 PM

Dec 2013
BlueXRam said:
Kuralchemist99 said:

Uvo knew the consequences of breaking Kurapika's contract as well, so his death could be considered a suicide too. In fact the Troupe was left in pretty bad shape after Kurapika had his way with them. Their leader is out of contact and powerless, 2 are dead, and one went rogue (Hisoka). So 4 members "gone" (although Hisoka never was a member, and quickyly replaced by Kalluto.)
Sep 3, 2014 6:17 PM

Jun 2014
Kuralchemist99 said:
BlueXRam said:

Uvo knew the consequences of breaking Kurapika's contract as well, so his death could be considered a suicide too. In fact the Troupe was left in pretty bad shape after Kurapika had his way with them. Their leader is out of contact and powerless, 2 are dead, and one went rogue (Hisoka). So 4 members "gone" (although Hisoka never was a member, and quickyly replaced by Kalluto.)

True and it would have been much much worse if Chrollo never got the physic powers from the mafia girl.
Sep 3, 2014 6:18 PM

Jun 2014
PoeticJustice said:
blessofcurse said:

Eh? We all have a opinion what is the best,
Kidnapping Lucifer is my favorite episode

Another good thing about this anime are the characters, they are all likeable even the villians
blessofcurseSep 3, 2014 6:27 PM
Sep 3, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2013
BlueXRam said:

True and it would have been much much worse if Chrollo never got the physic powers from the mafia girl.[/quote] But he can't use them anymore since the power is a Nen ability.

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
VudisSep 5, 2014 12:14 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.