Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 31, 2014 10:10 AM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I don't know what I'd like to say... This episode is so sad, I literally cried. :'(
And well I haven't even recovered yet but they're already moving on to Mink next episode.... wow.
Good job NAZ though for the great (better than usual?) animation this episode. Favorite episode so far (...Clear isn't even my favorite).
Ending song is Lullaby Blue by Itou Kanako.
Aug 31, 2014 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
I'm from England and episode 9 has not been released yet. This sucks. :(
Aug 31, 2014 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
I have to agree that this is the best episode so far. Even if the transition between scenes was rather strange, I still cried.
Aug 31, 2014 12:30 PM

Dec 2009
BAWLED MY EYEBALLS OUT
OHHH CLEAR BBY WHY YOU DO THIS -STILL SOBBING-
I hope the ending of his route is animated too... I will kill them if they don't. BLASPHEMY.

a little different from the game but still lovely with the rain and all, and i really really hope his song gets released as a single. its too beautiful to not be.

Mink next episode... Well they did a good job with the other peeps so I hope his episode makes me like him cause I actually dont LOL oops sorry to all Mink fans x-x
Aug 31, 2014 12:39 PM

Dec 2013
This is the first episode of DMMd that actually made me cry. Both when Clear took his mask off, and also at the end.
Very well done. This was one of my favorite episodes, and I liked it even more than Noiz's, which is odd for me because Noiz is my favorite.
Hearing the Grand Music and especially Clear's Jellyfish Song was absolutely amazing. I liked how they included the Scrap bit--the gears and things in the background looked like the two choices in the VN, which was great--though I do wish it had been a little longer.
I hope they animate the ending for Clear.
Not too excited to see Mink's route next week, as he is my least favorite, but hopefully it'll be good anyway!
Aug 31, 2014 12:53 PM

Dec 2012
I... I CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS ;A;
Aug 31, 2014 1:48 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode so far and not just because I'm a Clear fangirl. Mink is next.. ugh.
Aug 31, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
Clear is not really my fav route, but i must say i liked the adaption of his route best so far. It didn't felt so incredibly rushed than the other routes (even if it kinda was) and the emotions actually came across for once plus the Clear's song was done really well. (plus for single release!)
I kind of want to skip Mink's route next week... =_=

Aug 31, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2010

I made it just for this episode.

I don't want to continue this anime anymore, Clear was my favorite both in VN and anime. Finishing/watching his route kills me everytime.

Plus. They didn't even kiss. . . . I just. Yeah.
RuebyAug 31, 2014 2:05 PM
Aug 31, 2014 3:11 PM

Dec 2012
No no no no no no no no NO NO NO NO!!!

Why?! Isn't there a path in the VN where he lives?? Why not animate that one instead!??! I'm crying damn it!!

Some of my friends were pretty against Clear, thinking he's creepy. He was my favorite.

I actually don't care for the buff guy at all, not really looking forward to the next ep. . .
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Aug 31, 2014 3:15 PM

Feb 2011
CLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR Q_Q wont he back like in the VN?
Aug 31, 2014 4:31 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Best episode thus far. Clear was my favorite character. Really sad to see him go..

Aug 31, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
I'm feeling so sad, I can't even. Ugh, this sucks. I love Clear tho he's not my favorite. He won't be back, will he? My heart it's broken.

Aug 31, 2014 5:02 PM

Aug 2011
Koujaku and Noiz get a nice ending episode but Clear doesn't...I'm so sad now :'C
Aug 31, 2014 5:05 PM

Jul 2012
Hands down best episode (for the best char too, imo).

Did not expected it to be so good, tho.
I like it even more than the VN version lol

And is just incredible how they did it with so much feelings without even surpassing the bromance line here, just... wow.

5/5
DanpmssAug 31, 2014 5:08 PM
Aug 31, 2014 5:52 PM

Jun 2014
Very nice episode. but Clear look weird with one eyelid... ;-; clear
Aug 31, 2014 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
Awww that was sad, but this episode was the best adaptation so far. And here comes big bara man~
Aug 31, 2014 6:05 PM

Mar 2013
I've never cried so much in my life ;-;

...wait

yes I have..

playing CLEAR's ROUTE in the game ;^;

ffuuuuuu- ;A;
this route never stops making me tear up ever time ;~;
(even though this episode was just as rushed as the others.)

and it really killed me after the credits, they just go straight to Mink (ノ;o;)ノ ┫:・’.::・┻┻:・’.::・
I am not fond of Mink's route, but I am curious what they will do with it (since there are great number of things they can't put in it)

Until then I'll just be drowning in tears...

Aug 31, 2014 6:35 PM

Jun 2012
I was so sad at the end. I was yelling at my TV telling Noiz, actually, to fix Clear! Someone better fix Clear or else I'm throwing my hands up. I hope he'll be okay. Man, I'm gonna be praying till next week or maybe even the week after that for Clear
Just waiting y’know...for death. If you also are waiting for sweet death...cool (・u・)
My list that has slightly more watched than PTW anime.
Aug 31, 2014 6:52 PM
Sep 2013
It was alright. The Clear route is not my favorite, but I think his episode was better told and less rushed. I'm really curious about what they're going to do with Minks route though since so much of it is stuff they won't put in the anime.
Aug 31, 2014 6:58 PM

Feb 2014
But... why?

I liked Clear
Aug 31, 2014 7:17 PM

Oct 2011
Clear T_____T Bawling my eyes. I knew this was coming but OMG. I just...Why!!!!

Crez said:

Why?! Isn't there a path in the VN where he lives?? Why not animate that one instead!??! I'm crying damn it!!

Some of my friends were pretty against Clear, thinking he's creepy. He was my favorite.

I actually don't care for the buff guy at all, not really looking forward to the next ep. . .

That route is the bad ending.
Aug 31, 2014 7:52 PM

Mar 2013
AnimeFan500 said:

Crez said:

no actually he technically dies either way.

Aug 31, 2014 8:11 PM

Aug 2011
This was so stupid. And I thought at least Clear would have some character development. Moreover the singing part was... lame.

At this rate Togainu no Chi will be better than this. The animation quality was so bad I couldn't even focus on what was going on.

» Escapism.

Aug 31, 2014 9:21 PM

Jul 2014
What? No. No no no nO NO NO! Just NO! Why?

This was heartbreaking. He was my favorite character from the beginning... I've never played the game, never knew what to expect. He... so beautiful, and he sang so beautifully... Such a caring sweetie. And his story looked the most interesting (I know that is not the most original, but I like the idea of androids gaining/finding humanity).
Please, someone fix him!

When the series started airing, a lot of people said that despite the name "Dramatical murder" no one actually dies. And now you're telling me you take Clear away? Why everyone gets a happy ending and he doesn't? I'm gonna go cry in a corner.
Aug 31, 2014 11:25 PM

Apr 2012
-Luhui said:
AnimeFan500 said:

that's wrong.

game spoiler
Aug 31, 2014 11:58 PM

Mar 2013
NemsEngelchen said:
-Luhui said:

that's wrong.

game spoiler

No it's not.

Aug 31, 2014 11:59 PM

Jun 2013
Clear isn't even my favourite character but I cried like a baby ;_;
His face and voice were both beautiful

And can I just say how much I love each character's ED, it's amazing

LOL @ the contrast between this ep and the next ep. Not a fan of mink, meh.
Sep 1, 2014 12:07 AM

May 2014
damn! Clear is my favorite :c
Sep 1, 2014 12:36 AM

Aug 2014
No, Clear.. T_T
Mink is next.. I think that Mink is boring, but I hope that I'm wrong..
Sep 1, 2014 6:25 AM

May 2014
Loved clear and this episode, but had my watching experience interrupted and yelled at by my mom so I didn't enjoy it fully and didn't cry >_>

Sep 1, 2014 7:00 AM

Jun 2012
Seriously?

The fuck was this shit
Sep 1, 2014 8:05 AM

Dec 2012
Unrespected said:
But... why?

I liked Clear
Sep 1, 2014 8:41 AM

Jan 2014
Clear! my man, my buddy ;_; please don't die ;O;
Damn it... great episode although felt really short, possibly because i was too focused on Clear's survival.
You better resurrect or get repaired within the next 7 days <_<
Sep 1, 2014 9:16 AM
Jan 2014
Good ep, though I haven't actually played Clear's route in the VN so I can't say if I enjoyed it as an adaption or not. I thought the pacing was improved from the previous two episodes though.

I'm really interested in seeing where they take Mink's episode next week.
Sep 1, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2013
I haven't played that game but i really enjoy the anime!
Clear was (and still is) my favorite character so far....so sad he died like that u.u
I don't think they'll find a way to repair him but i still hope x.x

Sep 1, 2014 11:20 AM

Feb 2010
best ep so far, i dont like mink so i might skip next ep and after that true route is coming /hopes/

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Sep 1, 2014 11:31 AM
Mar 2012
"Allt he time we spent together" - what, the three times you met so far?
Meh.
I liked Clear, but I didn't find this episode particularly sad.
Sep 1, 2014 8:00 PM

Dec 2012
ElenirLachlagos said:
"Allt he time we spent together" - what, the three times you met so far?
Meh.
I liked Clear, but I didn't find this episode particularly sad.

the vn >>>>>>>> the anime, tbh. plus you get more attached to clear because

liked this episode. i LOVE the art in the past few EDs. it looks really, really cool. prob the best part of the show.

next week is mink. sigh.
Sep 2, 2014 12:27 AM

Nov 2012
While this episode was rushed like the others were, it was my favorite so far and Clear's seiyuu did a good job conveying his emotions. Though a lot of things were dulled due to being rushed. (The unmasking scene and them skipping
) Still got a bit emotional at the delivery of his lines.
Sep 2, 2014 4:19 AM
May 2007
Clear's beautiful "Jellyfish Song" will be included with the BD/DVD BOX release ♥
Most probably in the included Original Soundtrack CD.
Sep 2, 2014 8:55 AM

Aug 2014
Great episode. It made me look at the whole series in a different way. The ending is pretty sad.

RIP CLEAR
Sep 2, 2014 11:56 AM
Jun 2013
NOOO WHYYY?! ;-;
Sep 2, 2014 12:59 PM

Apr 2010
SleepyBear said:
While this episode was rushed like the others were, it was my favorite so far and Clear's seiyuu did a good job conveying his emotions. Though a lot of things were dulled due to being rushed. (The unmasking scene and them skipping

This bothered me the most, since Clear said he 'learned' alot from Aoba but in the anime nothing was said about what Aoba 'taught' him. They literally spent little to no time together. And everyone is falling head over heels for Aoba. I dislike it.
Sep 2, 2014 9:54 PM

Mar 2013
Rueby said:
SleepyBear said:

This bothered me the most, since Clear said he 'learned' a lot from Aoba but in the anime nothing was said about what Aoba 'taught' him. They literally spent little to no time together. And everyone is falling head over heels for Aoba. I dislike it.

This has been bothering me for a while, but a lot of people seem to forget what happens in this anime. (like with Ryuuhou's appearances)
They actually did have the "humanity talk" but it was earlier than it was supposed to be in the anime. (probably cause NAZ knew they were going to rush this)
I think it was episode 4(?) where we first hear the jellyfish song, and Aoba and Clear talk on the roof.

The thing I've noticed Dramatical Murder both in the game and anime, you need to pay attention and remember pretty much everything about the common route for you make the connections for the things they bring up in the individual routes.

Sep 3, 2014 12:24 AM

Apr 2010
-Luhui said:
Rueby said:

This bothered me the most, since Clear said he 'learned' a lot from Aoba but in the anime nothing was said about what Aoba 'taught' him. They literally spent little to no time together. And everyone is falling head over heels for Aoba. I dislike it.

This has been bothering me for a while, but a lot of people seem to forget what happens in this anime. (like with Ryuuhou's appearances)
They actually did have the "humanity talk" but it was earlier than it was supposed to be in the anime. (probably cause NAZ knew they were going to rush this)
I think it was episode 4(?) where we first hear the jellyfish song, and Aoba and Clear talk on the roof.

The thing I've noticed Dramatical Murder both in the game and anime, you need to pay attention and remember pretty much everything about the common route for you make the connections for the things they bring up in the individual routes.

Oh I totally totally forgot that scene, but then again it was no where as significant or feelsy as the game (but I guess it's just me). I guess I'm too used to the 'routine' of the game to notice that they're putting pieces elsewhere.
Sep 3, 2014 7:21 AM

Jan 2014
I'm excited to see how does this show in next episode. Like, are the just be like Clear was never there or is he back to normal himself? I guess they just jump right to the Mink's route and not care about Clear anymore ;__;
But this episode was pretty good, almost felt that it was done better than other episodes...
Sep 3, 2014 6:25 PM

Nov 2013
I couldn't even cry, knew it was coming....I freaking knew it was coming. The best episode out of this series by far. They better not let clear die, I freaking love clear. I'm going to be furious if they don't bring him bad. That was the best route of the game.
BISH IM IN NARNIA <3
Sep 4, 2014 1:36 AM

Jul 2012
Rueby said:
-Luhui said:

Oh I totally totally forgot that scene, but then again it was no where as significant or feelsy as the game (but I guess it's just me). I guess I'm too used to the 'routine' of the game to notice that they're putting pieces elsewhere.

Well, their conversation was kinda silly anyway (Aoba is just terrible with his deep conversations lol), it had the same significance as in the game to me. In the end, they just changed places so they could do the best paced episode yet (this one and episode 6), without losing any important (maybe not) content from the game.
Sep 4, 2014 10:29 AM

Mar 2014
My favourite character's gone... Oh lovely. My body was not ready for this

Mr. Gruffbuff episode next week? Sigh
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Sep 21, 2014

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.