Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 20, 2014 11:10 PM

Aug 2011
It's nowhere near as bad as season 1
Sep 20, 2014 11:17 PM
Jul 2014
Clearly better than second half of season 1.

At the moment, cave and Sinon's ass are carrying the series pretty well.
Sep 20, 2014 11:24 PM

Jun 2014
powerofemo said:
Yohimo_asakura said:

+1

The hate from season 1 got passed down, so haters now have to "come up" with reasons the series is bad. Some of the funny ones I've seen is "It's not realistic how Sinon is scared of the toy gun" Makes you wonder if people know what anime rlly is, cuz thats a lot more realistic than gathering 7 balls to summon a magical dragon. Regardless the series had a slow start, and is getting better but is still definitely not a 10/10.
Sep 21, 2014 12:37 AM

May 2010
Kolle said:
I can understand the hate on the first season of SAO with the mediocre second half and time lapses, but truthfully the second season, SAO 2 very well done. Rating it off story, music, animation/art, and enjoyment I would have to give it at least an 8.5/10 up to the latest episode.

Simple:
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 21, 2014 1:52 AM

Jul 2007
Qans said:
powerofemo said:

The hate from season 1 got passed down, so haters now have to "come up" with reasons the series is bad. Some of the funny ones I've seen is "It's not realistic how Sinon is scared of the toy gun" Makes you wonder if people know what anime rlly is, cuz thats a lot more realistic than gathering 7 balls to summon a magical dragon. Regardless the series had a slow start, and is getting better but is still definitely not a 10/10.

^This.

Generic audience attracted by trainwreck adaptation of SAO1 has attention span of an average rat. They expect this show to have breakneck pace and no substance, so they can make jokes about "Kirito's haxx power out of nowhere"

The actual character interactions or characters PLANNING stuff flies right past their brains as "nothing happening".

SAO2 is MILES above SAO1
Sep 21, 2014 2:01 AM

Jun 2013
Fai said:
Qans said:

^This.

Generic audience attracted by trainwreck adaptation of SAO1 has attention span of an average rat. They expect this show to have breakneck pace and no substance, so they can make jokes about "Kirito's haxx power out of nowhere"

The actual character interactions or characters PLANNING stuff flies right past their brains as "nothing happening".

SAO2 is MILES above SAO1

All of this above.

Not only is it better than season 1, it overshadowed most anime from this season as well. I actually got exactly what I wanted from this season, less harem and continuality to the story. What you see now is season 1 haters or generic haters who try to nitpick every single thing which can be explained if you think a bit about it. I never expected SAO to be perfection, I just wanted it to be fun and exciting, which I can with with confidence now say that it is.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 21, 2014 3:26 AM

Nov 2008
SAO1 was still ok for me,SAO2 is just shit.
Sep 21, 2014 4:14 AM

Jul 2008
Its probably a split between people genuinely not liking the show but having a serious complex about letting us know that at every turn of the road, people dissing it because it's popular and taking the spotlight away from their niche show and just people that like to troll people into not liking stuff anymore.

Sure SAO isn't the perfect show and sure the last 2 episodes of season 1 were godawful but it really doesn't deserve the hate it gets.

But ehh, who cares anyway... it is still selling like hotcakes so the fans got nothing to complain right ?
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Sep 21, 2014 4:39 AM

Jan 2014
I understand why people are wanting action for entire 24 minutes how kirito slicing enemies in half, I understand why they are sayin that it's boring. But SAO has never meant to be focused on action. SAO story is actually focused on world and characters. And that said, the adaptation of original material is amazing, they didn't cut off even slightly dialogues, and they greatly portray monologues through animation.

To compare it with SAO1. In first season they skipped a lot of things, explanations, monologues and dialogues, especially in Fairy dance arc, they rushed everything compared to original material. But despite that, I think It was still great and very entertaining.
So that's all about adaptation. Personally, I liked first season a little bit more, because GGO is my least favorite arc of SAO and I'm not big fan of slow paced anime - for novels that's great, but not for an anime.
Sep 21, 2014 5:29 AM

Apr 2014
i have watched all of it so far and can honestly say that about 3 episodes woth of nothing (ep. 1, 2 and the majority of the flashbacks) could have been replaced with about 10 mins of stuff
also the characters are so badly developed that when
i could not have cared less about what was going to happen
Sep 21, 2014 5:34 AM

Feb 2011
PierceJ said:
Cause people like to hate on popular things. I like the second season so far, way better than ALO.
Sep 21, 2014 6:50 AM
Apr 2014
Dimitrije1606 said:
Fai said:

^This.

SAO2 is MILES above SAO1

All of this above.

Not only is it better than season 1, it overshadowed most anime from this season as well. I actually got exactly what I wanted from this season, less harem and continuality to the story. What you see now is season 1 haters or generic haters who try to nitpick every single thing which can be explained if you think a bit about it. I never expected SAO to be perfection, I just wanted it to be fun and exciting, which I can with with confidence now say that it is.

^

If someone doesn't notice that SAO2 is over SAO1 [Aincrad AND Fairy Dance] then they are blind or just stupid.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 21, 2014 7:04 AM
Jul 2014
Is this a thread to hate on haters?
Sep 21, 2014 7:07 AM

Oct 2011
So it went from 400 to 401 and now to 411.

The show is being rated properly. Cry me a river if it doesn't crack the top 100 because some of you people are overhyping his average anime as something that is actually good.
Sep 21, 2014 7:45 AM

Jul 2008
Darkdrone said:
So it went from 400 to 401 and now to 411.

The show is being rated properly. Cry me a river if it doesn't crack the top 100 because some of you people are overhyping his average anime as something that is actually good.

Dont think most of the people are complaining about how it is rated but how it is judged.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Sep 21, 2014 7:54 AM

Apr 2013
Yohimo_asakura said:
tsudecimo said:

This.

I recommend ignoring them, and focus on what you enjoy.

+1

+1000000000 for this
I mean c'mon everyone, when will you all stop that haters thing or whatever :p
Sep 21, 2014 8:01 AM
Apr 2014
type-beta said:
Is this a thread to hate on haters?

I hate people who hate threads to hate on haters.

Hateception

Sep 21, 2014 8:12 AM

Sep 2014
i also wasn't excited when i saw the ggo sneek peek for simple reasons:
kirito looks like a friggen girl
guns not swords
asuna is missing in many ways

however after getting into the anime i have to say i was posetively surprised (might be because i wasn't expecting much but hey?!)

in season 2 they took a bold move in changing it up so much ... in my opinion it wasn't a bad move since how would they continue with Sao/aol ... let's be honest it would have been a bit bland and 'i've seen that before' it's Stil definitelyl worth the watch ;>
uwaaaa
Sep 21, 2014 9:01 AM

Aug 2014
Well, it's simple;
a.)Haters carried over from S1 who, as said before, like to hate on popular things and will never admit it's good even if it gets good.
b.)Fanboys who expected this to be completely like season 1's bad adaptation and can't wrap their heads around actually decent pacing and character exploration.

So; Haters will rate it badly just like they rated S1, but now some people who wanted this to basically be another trainwreck (which they apparently enjoy) will rate it low too.
Hence SAO 2 ends up rated lower than SAO 1, despite the fact that
Fai said:

SAO2 is MILES above SAO1.
Sep 21, 2014 1:52 PM
Aug 2013
i for one enjoyed the first SAO .
but SAOII i just cant bring myself to like it the only part i enjoyed is the part which are parts focsed on Kirito because the other Simon is as interesting as a ballsack she just isnt ineteresting and scared of a fake gun come the f**k on and why did they even call it SWORD art online and not GUN art online or even borderlands the anime
i've only seen till ep 4 but it was dogshit except when kirito is on it feels like SAO
Sep 21, 2014 4:56 PM

Apr 2007
Actually this season is really friggin boring. I'd go back to lame-o LFO than GGO.

Sep 21, 2014 9:17 PM

May 2014
SAOII has the unfortunate honor of inheriting the haters from the first season. It is a lot better than the first season in my opinion, but that really isn't saying much. I'm enjoying all the jedi-action from the show though.
Sep 21, 2014 11:31 PM
Jun 2012
bouyaCROWZ said:
but SAOII i just cant bring myself to like it the only part i enjoyed is the part which are parts focsed on Kirito because the other Simon is as interesting as a ballsack she just isnt ineteresting and scared of a fake gun come the f**k on and why did they even call it SWORD art online and not GUN art online or even borderlands the anime
i've only seen till ep 4 but it was dogshit except when kirito is on it feels like SAO

You only watched 4 Episodes so you clearly don't know what happened with Sinon.
Sep 22, 2014 7:53 AM

Apr 2014
FinalSynFrey said:
bouyaCROWZ said:

sorry but im up to whatever episode is currently out and i agree with bouya
Sep 22, 2014 8:50 AM
Apr 2014
the_twig131 said:
FinalSynFrey said:

The you obviously think Psychology is stupid and that it can't affect your life.

Sep 22, 2014 8:58 AM

Jul 2008
the_twig131 said:
FinalSynFrey said:

Well first: Name branding, the show is known as SAO to change it now just to Gun Art Online and then to change it again for S3 would weaken the name recognition.

Secondly: Kirito still uses sword arts as shown per last episode(12)

Thirdly: Different strokes for different blokes, I for one totally buys why she would be scared of guns, doesn't matter if they are real or fake, it's about about the gun related memory triggers that get pressed.
Sep 22, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2014
Reyxe said:
the_twig131 said:

The you obviously think Psychology is stupid and that it can't affect your life.

sorry mate but my favourite genre is SoL so i know perfectly well what conversation, low action psychology is and enjoy it
Sep 22, 2014 10:53 AM
Apr 2014
the_twig131 said:
Reyxe said:

sorry mate but my favourite genre is SoL so i know perfectly well what conversation, low action psychology is and enjoy it

... LOL, just, LOL.

Sep 22, 2014 11:01 AM

Jul 2007
Reyxe said:
the_twig131 said:

He/she is the type of person who believes that triggers were invented by tumblr...

That or a troll.

Most likely a troll.
Sep 23, 2014 8:11 AM

Jul 2014
Fai said:
Reyxe said:

He/she is the type of person who believes that triggers were invented by tumblr...

That or a troll.

Most likely a troll.
Sep 23, 2014 9:59 PM

Sep 2014
Some people said it was boring, which was true because they literally just go over one thing over and over again, but the fact that it had more dialogue than the first one pisses the fanboys off makes me happy and wants to keep watching.
Sep 27, 2014 4:27 PM

Dec 2013
Because there is.

Quite frankly SAO 2 is really good, with the animation/soundtrack and we even got some characterization, so people hating are probably just jumping in the bandwagon,or legitimately don't like it
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 27, 2014 5:20 PM

Sep 2014
Ok look I like season 2 better than season 1 but I get why people are hating on this because i'm a hater myself so I can kind of understand first being the popularity this show has is overwhelming to say the least and 2 is because season 2 still has alot of flaws like sinon being afraid of guns and then playing gun games like GGO so yeah there's alot that i get and don't get but my advice to is just enjoy it and ignore haters :P
Sep 27, 2014 10:12 PM

Sep 2014
Personally I thought the first season of SaO was decent. Then it should have ended in my opinion. The fairy world second season made my cry. Just another anime I feel should have just ended when it was decent. I have not watched SoA 2 because in my mind this anime is over and I don't want to see anymore. Don't beat the dead horse anymore. I may be wrong but it's just my personal opinion.
Sep 27, 2014 10:23 PM

Sep 2014
Asuran said:
Personally I thought the first season of SaO was decent. Then it should have ended in my opinion. The fairy world second season made my cry. Just another anime I feel should have just ended when it was decent. I have not watched SoA 2 because in my mind this anime is over and I don't want to see anymore. Don't beat the dead horse anymore. I may be wrong but it's just my personal opinion.

I personally feel that the first arc was slightly above average and the second arc was godawful as well. But the current arc in GGO is actually quite entertaining (apart from the slow start. I mean, Kirito doesn't even get into the game until like 5 eps later). I recommend you at least check it out, you might like it.
Sep 28, 2014 12:51 AM
Jan 2013
Cause its the cool thing to do.

SAO 2 is not so bad.

I can say that sinon is a decent character.

At least she has a consistent character and backstory.

she does have a conflict that she does try to overcome on her own though, with a little help from Kirito to do so.

Her @ss does not invalidate that lol.

GGO has a decent world.

Those anime hipsters who bash this show to no end and try to give 1/10 would usually love worse shows that are more overrated.

Sep 28, 2014 12:58 AM

Jan 2013
Season 2 is boring, overly dark, and generic as fuck.

The problem is when they tried to fix the problems with S1, they went the complete opposite direction and make everything equally shitty in different ways.
Sep 28, 2014 1:19 AM
Oct 2013
Honestly, at the begin, this anime was fun to watch, seriously. But, from episode 11 (fan-service episode), it starts to suck. C'mon, why Sinon can use the sniper without the viewfinder? Why Kirito knew that Sinon's house door was opened? I still don't get why you guys think that this anime is good.

PierceJ said:
Cause people like to hate on popular things. I like the second season so far, way better than ALO.

No comment.
Sep 28, 2014 4:34 AM
Apr 2014
Dvok said:
Honestly, at the begin, this anime was fun to watch, seriously. But, from episode 11 (fan-service episode), it starts to suck. C'mon, why Sinon can use the sniper without the viewfinder? Why Kirito knew that Sinon's house door was opened? I still don't get why you guys think that this anime is good.

PierceJ said:

No comment.

...????????

You can shoot a sniper without scope, you know? she used the red line to see where she was aiming, he didn't shoot tho, also, GGO and SAO in general uses different hitboxes for accesories [like Kuradeel's sword in SAO1] so you can break the scope and still being able to use the sniper [obv your accuracy would be awful]

And Sinon told Kirito that she might have left the door chain open, ALSO, when she was running away from Kyouji, SHE OPENED IT, not the door itself but the locks, so Kirito could enter.

So yea, the flaws youre pointing out [stupid flaws, btw] aren't flaws and were explained, so ....

Sep 28, 2014 6:17 PM

Aug 2008
I think the real hate stems from the fact that people are forgetting everybody can have an opinion different than everyone else and that we can all enjoy more than one kind of anime.

Fighting back and forth about why so-and-so's opinion is superior is dumb. Let the haters hate. If you like a show, watch it and decide for yourself. If you can't be bothered with it, then don't bother with. Being a shit to other people for liking what they like is dumb.

Grow up.
Sep 28, 2014 7:02 PM

Aug 2014
I hate SAO because of the overusage of rape for forced bathos without any meaning.
Sep 28, 2014 8:53 PM

Jul 2014
Prophetess said:
I think the real hate stems from the fact that people are forgetting everybody can have an opinion different than everyone else and that we can all enjoy more than one kind of anime.

Fighting back and forth about why so-and-so's opinion is superior is dumb. Let the haters hate. If you like a show, watch it and decide for yourself. If you can't be bothered with it, then don't bother with. Being a shit to other people for liking what they like is dumb.

Grow up.

+1

Though if people were actually able to respect other people opinions we wouldn´t have this discussion, this subforum, this forum or ISIS
Sep 28, 2014 8:56 PM

Jul 2013
I lost all hope for that show at the idiotic plot twist in the latest episode
lol
Sep 28, 2014 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
epicm14 said:
I lost all hope for that show at the idiotic plot twist in the latest episode

You had hope in the first place? Pretty generous.
Sep 29, 2014 5:27 AM

Jul 2008
Reyxe said:
Dvok said:

No comment.

...????????

You can shoot a sniper without scope, you know? she used the red line to see where she was aiming, he didn't shoot tho, also, GGO and SAO in general uses different hitboxes for accesories [like Kuradeel's sword in SAO1] so you can break the scope and still being able to use the sniper [obv your accuracy would be awful]

And Sinon told Kirito that she might have left the door chain open, ALSO, when she was running away from Kyouji, SHE OPENED IT, not the door itself but the locks, so Kirito could enter.

So yea, the flaws youre pointing out [stupid flaws, btw] aren't flaws and were explained, so ....

While I dont like that we got another rapey scene since we just got off one... I do find this one to be justified considering the character of the attacker, also Asada fought for her life.
Something which made the scene more bearable.

Anyway the problem with a popular show like SAO is that instead of 50 of personal views shared online like a some what popular show normally gets this show gets debates in the 100's, all of them having their own opinion how the anime must must be and must continue.
So we will never get all our noses in the same direction.

That being said, I do find it lame that some people think they are forced to watch this show for whatever reason (srs if you hate it this much go watch something else, every anime seasons gives us enough to watch) or that this is a gift from the anime gods that's bestowed to us( SAO II really has some faults.

[Qoute] it starts to suck. C'mon, why Sinon can use the sniper without the viewfinder?[/Qoute]
''I will help you Kirito * shoots round** Hits Kirito because of the lowered accuracy* well that sucks''

MORE KLEIN!
Sep 29, 2014 11:43 AM

Sep 2014
Nanet said:
I hate SAO because of the overusage of rape for forced bathos without any meaning.
I know what you mean this show has a weird thing for rape it seems I felt that the whole thing with Sinon and that dude was unnecessary but O well
Sep 29, 2014 10:41 PM
Jun 2012
Why people hate SAO 2

"There's no f**king action!"

That right there is enough to justify the hate train with SAO II. Personally, i think this Season was more fleshed out than the First Season. Some of the Light Novel readers i know said that the anime adapatation is almost exactly like the LN. Unlike the first Season, there was so many time gaps in between Episodes.
Sep 30, 2014 1:44 AM
Oct 2009
Not much action, but as long it stay with the LN im satisfied
Sep 30, 2014 6:45 PM
Jul 2014
Because you're trying to rationalize.
Sep 30, 2014 8:08 PM
Jun 2009
because it's a mix of the first 2 arc with no real value added (yes guns instead of magic or swords, wooohoooo!)
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.