Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 7, 2014 10:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That song was okay I guess? For a short performance, I wasn't impressed by it much.

The gimmicks of this episode made me face palm a few time. I noticed a bit of gender bender disguise. Lol.
Aug 7, 2014 12:30 PM

May 2013
Nice concert. Loved the song that they sang. Lol the crowd dodging the guys. Can't wait for the next episode.
Aug 7, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2007
Nice ep. Glad they kept the concert stuff in. Wow I didn't know know that idol girl was tied to P4: Dancing All Night game. (The more you know :P) Also really happy they kept that stage diving part in. Yosuke's line about them being good at dodging still cracks me up. Finally they given some hints of Yu spending time with Adachi. Looks like Marie sees something off about him also. I can't wait for the next episode!

Sent with Mal Updater
Aug 7, 2014 12:50 PM

Jul 2010
Marie playing the rock version of "The Poem for Everyone's Souls" was <3
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Aug 7, 2014 12:55 PM

Aug 2010
Don't worry, if u transfer we're all going with u" XD

Chie: "Hell no" lol

Marie's singing was pretty nice :3 And she was cute ^^

Reaction to Adachi spotted!
Aug 7, 2014 12:56 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Aug 7, 2014 12:58 PM

Jan 2012
Kou crossdressing was funny too see. They changed it up a bit from the game, but I still enjoyed it. Marie was pretty badass this episode.

Next episode has more adachi. "Who wants to talk about murders? :D"
Aug 7, 2014 1:19 PM

Jul 2010
Shaniyaz said:
Props to Naoto for pulling off Rise's impersonation! He's pretty good at cross-dressing. XD

lol That was not Naoto, but Kou XD And Naoto is not a boy :D
Asuka_10Aug 7, 2014 1:26 PM
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Aug 7, 2014 1:34 PM

Mar 2013
Making Rise late was to show off Marie even more. I wonder what event next will they twist and turn to show off Marie more.
Aug 7, 2014 1:40 PM
Sep 2013
Better episode than last week as this wasn't as focused on Marie as much. Rise being tsundere as well? Now that's a first. They changed a few things with the concert and got to hear Kana Hanazawa's singing voice in the process so that's a bonus.

Next week though is going to be the best episode so far...FINALLY SOME FOCUS ON CABBAGE DETECTIVE ADACHI!!!!!!
Aug 7, 2014 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
Kou crossdressing was epic. At this rate, he'll do anything Chie tells him to do now! XD

Overall, a very good episode. It does look like Adachi will be the main focus next time which is good to see. =D
Aug 7, 2014 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
jugann said:
Kou crossdressing was funny too see. They changed it up a bit from the game, but I still enjoyed it. Marie was pretty badass this episode.

Next episode has more adachi. "Who wants to talk about murders? :D"

Don't tell anyone that I said this, buuuuuut.

It was a nice episode, the lyrics are diferent from the game, I guess then that they could use a diferent music, but that's okay, Teddy cracked at the end with the bell.

And that stage diving.
Next episode is going to be interesting.
Aug 7, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2013
Ah the band! By far one of the best parts from Golden.

Man that was a little nice reference with Marie being able to only play the Velvet Room song.

Wish they animated the part where Yukiko got surprised when a sound finally came out of her sax.

Only referenced Adachi's social link this episode.... meh, I'll take that seeing as what the next episode is hinting at.

And there's our sports friend! Of course ball lover is the one running around as Rise. Like the little reference to his crush on Chie.

Of course they got KanaHana to sing part of the song. You don't get her to voice a character and NOT sing something!

Overall, wasn't bad. Could have been funnier at some part and cut out some other parts
but they got in the failed crowed surf so I'm satisfied.

Oh man next episode. My Adachi cannot possibly be this crazy?!

EDIT: Oh wow forgot to mention P4 Dancing all Night got a reference. That art of Kanami is a key visual for the game!
KevWasHereAug 7, 2014 3:53 PM
"No one can escape time; it delivers us all to the same end."
Aug 7, 2014 4:23 PM

Nov 2007
October and with that detective girl (forgot if she appeared since last ep. or not).

Introducing another idol while talking about recruiting temporary band members. So that new girl learned guitar before. Her fingers got scratched by wanting to make memory by doing well.

Fans blocking her just because the rumor about the revival. Saving her, but she didn't come on time, so new girl went instead until idol girl arrives. lol @ OnoD's character pretending to be her to get fans away. She sensed the enemy??

To the main story, probably, next?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 7, 2014 4:56 PM

Nov 2008
Adachi episode next week. I'm ready for best girl.

Shaniyaz said:
I wonder why she could only play that particular tune initially.. A possible clue to her amnesia?

It's the Velvet Room theme. She has to listen to that on a loop all day, every day...
Aug 7, 2014 6:48 PM
Mar 2012
Naoto finally appears!~
Aug 7, 2014 7:53 PM

Jan 2008
Naoto!!!! 5 Episodes in is too long a wait for a real appearance of her with the gang (with the pace they're already going at).

Dat eyecatch...Naoto in her cat costume. Oh, my.

Those guys in front of Rise's house...they're pretty much the definition of what crazy fanatics are like IRL.

Ichijo Kou was really "cool" with cross-dressing as Rise. Him and Daisuke are real bros.

I was wonderering how "close" they were going to make Adachi and Yu, compared to the game...but judging from that preview, looks like shit's going to hit the fan.
Aug 7, 2014 8:05 PM
Jul 2018
Marie's singing was pretty good.
Aug 7, 2014 8:09 PM

Apr 2013
Alright episode but I was a bit disappointed (perhaps my hypemeter was too high). "True Story" is one of my favorite songs from the game but I feel like it got a little short-changed here even though the setup to it was great (especially with Marie starting it). I thought that it could have gone on a bit longer. Well, thank god that Naoto has arrived at least. Anyway, seems like shit is gonna get real next episode.
dankzelAug 8, 2014 5:41 PM
Aug 7, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2014
Chie has skills! First she blows air, next she plays notes with an impossible fingering, then she performs her part without even being there.

Naw, I pick, 'cause the music bit was almost accurate (and Chie and Yukiko's inability to even make sounds had me cracking up. Actually, Yukiko was pretty hysterical -- not a compliment I can give often.). Went on for at least five too many minutes, though.

Needed more Adachi! (Guess we're skipping to December?) Sudden shift into angst. Wish we could have seen Adachi and he 'hanging out', but at least there was acknowledgement, and I like Adachi's characterization here.

Awaiting next.

KevWasHere said:
Overall, wasn't bad. Could have been funnier at some part and cut out some other parts
but they got in the failed crowed surf so I'm satisfied.
(re:spoiler) woah, really?? Where?
currycurryAug 7, 2014 8:38 PM
Aug 8, 2014 1:37 AM
Nov 2011
Tohka_Yatogami said:
Marie's singing was pretty good.

HanaKana ftw. Now imagine this to be Marie.

~.~.~.~.~.~

Also, for anyone interested, I have compiled some MariexYu screenies from Episode 5 on my blog here.

A full compilation since Episode 1 can be found here.
keeetzAug 8, 2014 1:42 AM
Aug 8, 2014 3:05 AM

May 2009
Fuck, Marie is piece of shit that ruins any fun from this anime.
Aug 8, 2014 6:40 AM

Aug 2008
Really bad episode. Animation quality was low, problem was forced and lines were even even more cheesy than in the full show. In a bad way. i hope it was just a middle episode crisis.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Aug 8, 2014 8:18 AM

Feb 2014
Naoto finally shows up. Kou cross dressing was funny. And Marie's singing was pretty good.

Adachi episode next week.
Aug 8, 2014 10:08 AM

Jul 2013
The animation in this episode...was distractingly bad. :(
"straight cash, homie."
Aug 8, 2014 12:53 PM

Oct 2009
Seeing Kou and Daisuke again was nostalgic. Hope Kou's still into DEM BALLS.
Aug 8, 2014 2:01 PM
Nov 2011
I was reading Nico Nico Douga and Japanese blog comments about this week's episode, and a lot of people disliked the fact that Marie sang most of the song, and not Rise. They felt that this was supposed to be Rise's time to shine because the event had originally been for Kanamin. I did enjoy the concert, but I do agree with them in that sense.
Aug 8, 2014 6:00 PM

Jul 2012
bastek66 said:
Fuck, Marie is piece of shit that ruins any fun from this anime.
Then why are you still here? You must have noticed the anime pretty much focuses on her and Yu since they are showing all the new scenes from the Persona 4 Golden game. If you don't like her then watch something else because she isn't going away.
Aug 8, 2014 6:09 PM

Jun 2013
that stage dive was a huge failure the song was ok
Aug 8, 2014 8:07 PM
Nov 2013
In terms of comedy, this Golden is really competent, but Marie is such a cancerously shitty character that it nulls any sort of praise I could give it. If you cut out any scenes she wasn't in, you'd get 5 to 8 minutes of material deserving of a couple of chuckles. We have to suffer to get to the gags.

I'm glad I didn't bother replaying the game on Vita since my completionist side of me would have forced me to put up with her character at least two or three times, and I'm having a hard enough time with 20 minute doses weekly. Even if you ignore her awful personality, her chemistry with the cast is so stilted and one-tracked. It's going to take a hell of a lot more than MUH MEMORIES and her constant possession of the limelight to put up with her bad poetry, her "I can't believe it's not fanfic OC" tsunderisms, and Kana Hanazawa. Literally engineered to be the worst of the worst girls.

Next week seems to be taking a detour from The Marie Sue Show, and will probably be the last one I buckle down for since I honestly don't see it getting any better from there on out.
Aug 9, 2014 7:41 AM
Sep 2013
keeetz said:
I was reading Nico Nico Douga and Japanese blog comments about this week's episode, and a lot of people disliked the fact that Marie sang most of the song, and not Rise. They felt that this was supposed to be Rise's time to shine because the event had originally been for Kanamin. I did enjoy the concert, but I do agree with them in that sense.

Really? that's interesting to know that even Japanese fans are getting annoyed at how much focus Marie is having now.
Aug 9, 2014 7:18 PM

Oct 2012
Rise is still my fav.. marie too tsundere for me.

and it doesnt feel like Kana Hanazawa's cup of tea to me.
Aug 10, 2014 12:31 AM
Nov 2011
Zetsubo667 said:
keeetz said:

Really? that's interesting to know that even Japanese fans are getting annoyed at how much focus Marie is having now.

Yep. A lot of them want more Cabbage-Man. Let's be honest, P4GA is really Marie Social Link the Animation. As Marie SL the Anime, I do enjoy the series and the interaction between Yu and Marie. (I'm still expecting disappointment and that Yu and Marie won't be canon but whatever. SHIPS DON'T NEED CANONS. D;)

But as P4GA, it's lackluster and missing so much Adachi content that the game offered.
Aug 10, 2014 5:02 AM

Oct 2013
I love Marie. Marie haters eat pizza pockets and drink mountain dew while playing LoL
Aug 10, 2014 12:30 PM

Mar 2014
keeetz said:
Yep. A lot of them want more Cabbage-Man. Let's be honest, P4GA is really Marie Social Link the Animation. As Marie SL the Anime, I do enjoy the series and the interaction between Yu and Marie. (I'm still expecting disappointment and that Yu and Marie won't be canon but whatever. SHIPS DON'T NEED CANONS. D;)

But as P4GA, it's lackluster and missing so much Adachi content that the game offered.

^This

I love Marie a lot and I'd really like to see her end up with Yu, but gah. It's so annoying that they for some reason decided to completely skip Adachi's social link. Why, I wonder? I mean, his social link is pretty interesting and I think he's quite popular on top of that (he appears as a DLC character in P4U2 for example). Seiji Kishi/The script writers must have noticed that? Or maybe not

EDIT; oh yeah they didn't skip his social link after all
Comic_SansAug 18, 2014 10:05 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 10, 2014 4:45 PM

Sep 2011
Next episode should be good,

Good episode the pacing seems a bit fast not sure what they plan on doing for the next episodes since we are already getting to
Aug 10, 2014 11:31 PM

Jul 2013
Yukiko is so hilarious in this episode. "it wasn't me all right? after all, this doesn't make any sound" lol...

Marie's cute but Yukiko >>> Marie any time =p
Aug 12, 2014 4:07 AM

Mar 2013
What happened in the Velvet room.
Aug 12, 2014 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
This show must be really exciting for fans of worst girl.

If they exist.
Aug 12, 2014 10:43 PM
Nov 2011
Malfegor said:

If they exist.

wat. Marie is cool. D: Her tsundere isn't even that bad.
Aug 13, 2014 7:29 AM

Sep 2011
keeetz said:
Malfegor said:

If they exist.

wat. Marie is cool. D: Her tsundere isn't even that bad.

Yep, one of the few Tsundere characters that I can tolerate. She won me over with her ridiculous poems.
Aug 13, 2014 9:57 AM

Dec 2013
She is no Naoto, i can tell ya that.
Aug 16, 2014 8:26 AM

Dec 2008
For me there can't be enough Marie in this show ;D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2014 10:44 AM

Jul 2011
Why did Marie have that reaction towards Adachi at the end? I know it couldn't happen in the game since this show presumes you already know the spoilers, but I don't remember anything implying that Marie would know anything about what Adachi did.
Aug 18, 2014 12:01 AM
Nov 2011
LordSpectreX said:
Why did Marie have that reaction towards Adachi at the end? I know it couldn't happen in the game since this show presumes you already know the spoilers, but I don't remember anything implying that Marie would know anything about what Adachi did.

I think she started to absorb the fog at that moment. The fog flowing to Inaba is partly Adachi's fault.
Mar 15, 2015 10:13 PM

Nov 2014
Nice episode. The song is from the opening in original Persona 4 when rise introduce for the first time.
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Mar 3, 2016 2:41 AM
Jun 2013
Poor Yosuke. his band puts on killer performance with Narukami ending it with finese while he was forced to bend over on all fours with his butt shoved up. For someon who claims he's after chicks, Yosuke seems to have a habit of showing off his ass.

tn129719Jul 7, 2017 4:34 AM
Apr 24, 2016 1:50 AM

Nov 2012
Wish the concert scene was animated better.... even with fanboy glasses, it was lacking.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 1, 2017 6:24 AM

Mar 2017
Marie-chan's reaction at the beginning of the video was great! Most of her reactions when her poems' are read are hilarious but this one stood out especially! "It's.Just.A.Memo."

I also didn't expect her to be so good with a guitar! She definitely has hidden talents.
For example, I didn't expect her to be able to sing as well! It was awesome seeing her take over during the concert.

A little embarrassing for the boys that no one wanted to let them crowd surf! At least Yu looked super cool when he landed. Can't say the same for Yosuke or Kanji...
Nov 28, 2017 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
Lmao at Marie saving the day and everyone cheering for her. I hope Golden ends with her being thrown into a blender
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Best Girl?

BokukkoFan - May 30, 2023

13 by hikkiyuki »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2014

51 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 11:11 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

99 by miniluluka03 »»
Jul 17, 2023 10:52 PM

Poll: » Persona 4 The Golden Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

63 by 0451 »»
Jul 9, 2023 12:19 PM

Poll: » I'm surprised this is so much less popular than the 2011 anime.

IWannaDeleteThis - Sep 27, 2014

33 by CarbonMD »»
Jul 8, 2023 9:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.