Forum Settings
Forums

Do guns kill people or do people kill people?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 5, 2014 3:06 AM

Oct 2012
zoknimano said:
Good OP. Blood loss and internal damage kills people.

Think further, just by being born means you're eventuated to die.

Blame your parents for creating/killing you.

Kill them.
Aug 5, 2014 3:07 AM

Jun 2014
Guns were specifically made for killing people right? or were they made to help people kill other people?
~ I reign supreme in my own damn mind ~
Aug 5, 2014 3:07 AM

May 2013
ThisNameBlows said:
zoknimano said:

Blame your parents for killing you.

What if I'm immortal?
Aug 5, 2014 3:11 AM

Jan 2013
bash107 said:
Udgey said:
Skin kills people because it's not keeping bullets out. Learn some math f@g!t

It's the bullet who kill actually........you need to learn *snaps finger*

OMG SO DANGER HELP MOMMY
Aug 5, 2014 3:12 AM

Oct 2012
kokkoderrisch said:
ThisNameBlows said:

Blame your parents for killing you.

What if I'm immortal?

Go sit in the corner.
Aug 5, 2014 3:23 AM

Nov 2012
ThisNameBlows said:
zoknimano said:

Kill them.
But they are also victims, made by their parents.
Aug 5, 2014 3:58 AM

Mar 2014
A gun on it's own can't kill people without some modicum of human intervention.

inb4 dropped since guns have safety features installed to prevent misfiring from drops
Aug 5, 2014 3:59 AM

Feb 2013
Guns are the enabler and people are the instigator.
Aug 5, 2014 4:35 AM

Jul 2014
ThisNameBlows said:
zoknimano said:

Kill them.
I blame Big Bang.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Aug 5, 2014 4:41 AM
Nov 2008
bash107 said:
Udgey said:
Skin kills people because it's not keeping bullets out. Learn some math f@g!t

It's the bullet who kill actually........you need to learn *snaps finger*
being born resulted in them being kill. birth bring kill.
Aug 5, 2014 4:41 AM

Apr 2014
There were homicides before gunpowder was invented. Moreover,there are homicides in Europe, where guns are illegal to own. So, it's not the guns that cause people to kill each other.

But, on the other hand, guns are designed to kill humans so to say that guns don't kill people is like saying lawmowners don't mown the lawn - it's true but it still sounds stupid.
your waifu is shit
Aug 5, 2014 4:43 AM

Jul 2014
IktIkn said:
There were homicides before gunpowder was invented. Moreover,there are homicides in Europe, where guns are illegal to own. So, it's not the guns that cause people to kill each other.

But, on the other hand, guns are designed to kill humans so to say that guns don't kill people is like saying lawmowners don't mown the lawn - sounds stupid, doesn't it?
Guns aren't illegal in Europe, you just need a license for it.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Aug 5, 2014 4:43 AM

Apr 2014
Rothion said:
IktIkn said:

But, on the other hand, guns are designed to kill humans so to say that guns don't kill people is like saying lawmowners don't mown the lawn - sounds stupid, doesn't it?
Guns aren't illegal in Europe, you just need a license for it.

Ooops, meant to say Hungary.
your waifu is shit
Aug 5, 2014 4:50 AM

Nov 2012
IktIkn said:
Ooops, meant to say Hungary.
Our gun laws are pretty strict, but it's not illegal.
Aug 5, 2014 5:03 AM

Oct 2012
bash107 said:
Neither guns or people kill..........bullets do.Think For fucks sake

Okay let me just take these bullets out of this gun so I can throw them at you because...

BULLETS KILL PEOPLE
Aug 5, 2014 5:04 AM

Jul 2014
Meokii said:
Regular citizens should not have guns in the first place!

Citizens deserve every right to be able to defend themselves and their property.
Don't be ridiculous.
Aug 5, 2014 5:06 AM

Oct 2012
Cyaegha said:
A gun on it's own can't kill people without some modicum of human intervention.

inb4 dropped since guns have safety features installed to prevent misfiring from drops

Guess there's no such thing as automated turrents that track movement... oh wait
Aug 5, 2014 5:09 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Guns make it alot easier to kill people.

And if someone has a hot discussion fight with some other the gun could be used as solution of it.

Weapons are tools to kill people. Nothing more, nothing less.

Do you really think you could protect yourself with a weapon if everyone has a weapon ? No, both could die because of it. Yeah, you protected that the other guy will not stay alive aswell
Aug 5, 2014 5:12 AM

Mar 2014
Cyanwasserstoff said:

Do you really think you could protect yourself with a weapon if everyone has a weapon ? No, both could die because of it. Yeah, you protected that the other guy will not stay alive aswell

Mutually Assured Destruction.

How do you think world peace has been maintained thus far?
Aug 5, 2014 5:16 AM

Jul 2014
Cyanwasserstoff said:

Do you really think a person would easily commit a crime if everyone is carrying a gun and can protect themselves?
Of course not, people target defenseless people not people they know are capable of harming them back.

Its basic common sense.
Aug 5, 2014 5:16 AM

Apr 2014
I think I'd be funny if a police car was driving beside you then you held up a fake gun to the window and gave the policemen a weird smile.
Aug 5, 2014 5:20 AM

Oct 2012
Ange892 said:
I think I'd be funny if a police car was driving beside you then you held up a fake gun to the window and gave the policemen a weird smile.

That'd be funny until you get shot in the face, actually I'd still be laughing..
Aug 5, 2014 5:22 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
@Kronie:

The gun makes the decision to kill someone alot easier then he/she would not have a tool to kill people.

Also the weapon could be the reason that a normal fight would end in a bloody way.

People cannot defend themself with a weapon if the person who want to kill them also carry one.
Aug 5, 2014 5:24 AM

Apr 2014
Draeswolf said:
Ange892 said:

That'd be funny until you get shot in the face, actually I'd still be laughing..

Yep, and I'd still have a big smile on my face with my head blown off.
Aug 5, 2014 5:33 AM

Jul 2014
Cyanwasserstoff said:
People cannot defend themself with a weapon if the person who want to kill them also carry one.

Yes, yes they can.
That logic makes no sense, if they are carrying a gun than the ONLY defense would be to also carry one. Because I can assure you not carrying a gun while they do carry one wont be of help in the slightest.

And self control is always required. Knives are always pulled in fights should they be banned as well? If people want to kill they are going to kill. I however prefer the ability to be able to defend myself against gun wielding maniacs instead of having nothing and being left to their own whims on when to murder me or not.
Aug 5, 2014 5:37 AM

Feb 2014
Kronie said:
if they are carrying a gun than the ONLY defense would be to also carry one.

My Iron Man suit disagrees
Aug 5, 2014 6:17 AM

Mar 2011
American gun laws result in more deaths?

So... america kills people?
Aug 5, 2014 6:26 AM

Mar 2014
Infinite said:

american pop music kills my will to live

i suppose we, as australians, have to blame for iggy though
Aug 5, 2014 6:30 AM

Oct 2012
Infinite said:

People can't handle freedom.
Aug 5, 2014 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
Kronie said:
Meokii said:
Regular citizens should not have guns in the first place!

Citizens deserve every right to be able to defend themselves and their property.
Don't be ridiculous.

You don't need a gun to defend yourself.
Aug 5, 2014 6:34 AM

Apr 2014
Rothion said:
People kill people, guns are just a tool for people to kill more effectively.

^ this right here
Aug 5, 2014 6:42 AM

Feb 2014
People kill people. But I don't think that's a good enough excuse to make it really easy for any lunatic to get his hands on a gun. Chances are, he probably wouldn't have killed someone, let alone go on a rampage, if it was difficult for him to get a gun.
Aug 5, 2014 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
ThisNameBlows said:
Infinite said:

^
I was actually agitated when I saw this post about... Schools giving out these things teaching kids how to defend themselves. Why, of all people, are children supposed to be taught on how to defend themselves? Instead of having these children be taught of defending, why don't they just ban guns?
Aug 5, 2014 6:45 AM

Jul 2014
People kill people, cause guns can't kill without people "helping" them
Aug 5, 2014 7:00 AM

Jun 2008
The only thing I see guns as a deterrent is for theft or something. It will definitely not be a deterrent to people out there to kill you. Because deciding to kill someone usually involves not thinking about laws anyway, so even if they know the other will have a gun it definitely isn't as deterring as how deadly and easy the weapon is to kill others. This same mindset can't be said for theft, because theft isn't nearly as dangerous or severe in its repercussion than murder.
Aug 5, 2014 7:09 AM

Jan 2013
Meokii said:
ThisNameBlows said:

^
I was actually agitated when I saw this post about... Schools giving out these things teaching kids how to defend themselves. Why, of all people, are children supposed to be taught on how to defend themselves? Instead of having these children be taught of defending, why don't they just ban guns?

American police are well known for civilian brutality, incompetence, and slow response times.

I've heard a number of times from Americans tales of the police there saying "Our job isn't to protect you, its to clean up the mess."

Would you want them guarding you?

Not that the ones in Europe or Asia are any better. Europe can't go a year without hooligans and Arabs going around and raping women, physically murdering people, and setting a major city on fire. Funny how fast Europeans forget that, but then again its a people accustomed to another power telling it what to do, as its old glory has all but vanished.

In Asia police responses are almost always after the fact. With societies like this, teaching defense early is a wise idea, when the state is a den of corruption and incompetence. The government normally has a duty to protect the people, but what if its incapable, or even worse, the offender?
Aug 5, 2014 7:30 AM

Apr 2013
Either way is the same, both is killing people
Aug 5, 2014 7:31 AM

Jul 2014
Meokii said:

A guy has a gun, the other is unarmed.
Even a brain dead retard can figure out who has the upperhand in this scenario, are you saying you're less capable of thought than a brain dead retard?

Meokii said:
why don't they just ban guns?

They should just ban murder, I'm sure that would solve everything.
Aug 5, 2014 8:32 AM

Jun 2014
Aug 5, 2014 8:37 AM

Nov 2012

I believe this sums it up
Aug 5, 2014 9:19 AM
Jul 2014
Guns are sentient, therefore they decide whether to kill or not. It's not actually the person behind the trigger that's got the will to choose, it's the GUN ITSELF.
Aug 5, 2014 9:50 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Kronie said:

Yes, yes they can.
That logic makes no sense, if they are carrying a gun than the ONLY defense would be to also carry one. Because I can assure you not carrying a gun while they do carry one wont be of help in the slightest.

That logic does not make sense. If noone would carry a weapon, then noone would need them aswell. It is not a tool for defense, it is a tool for offense killing people.
Kronie said:

And self control is always required. Knives are always pulled in fights should they be banned as well? If people want to kill they are going to kill. I however prefer the ability to be able to defend myself against gun wielding maniacs instead of having nothing and being left to their own whims on when to murder me or not.

It depends on what kind of knifes. Some should be banned and in some countries they are banned.
Self control is a nice word, but if you own a tool with a great potential of killing someone your self control will be on a very low level. The danger behind that tool is too high.

If someone has a knife you could run away or if you are very strong you could defend yourself with body power. In the case of a gun it is totally impossible.
Aug 5, 2014 9:53 AM

Aug 2013
Guns don't get up and shoot people for any reason, its the people using it that pull the trigger.
Aug 5, 2014 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Infinite said:

ban America
The Art of Eight
Aug 5, 2014 10:07 AM

May 2014
Meokii said:
Kronie said:

Don't be ridiculous.

If the other guy has a gun...yeah I kind of do.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Aug 5, 2014 10:10 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012

TheFilthyCasual said:

Yeah, but if noone is allowed to carry a gun then you do not need one to defend yourself
Aug 5, 2014 10:14 AM

Dec 2012
People die when they are killed.
Aug 5, 2014 10:45 AM

Jul 2013
Guns don't kill people. People kill people with guns. If they can't use guns, they would just use some other weapon to kill people.
Aug 5, 2014 10:45 AM

May 2014
Cyanwasserstoff said:

TheFilthyCasual said:

Yeah, but if noone is allowed to carry a gun then you do not need one to defend yourself
Since when has a ban ever stopped people from just getting them off the black market?

Also, it's great to have a gun to bring to a knife fight.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Aug 5, 2014 10:51 AM
Jan 2014
"Do guns kill people or do people kill people?"

uuuh.. semantics.

DesuMaiden said:
Guns don't kill people. People kill people with guns. If they can't use guns, they would just use some other weapon to kill people.
the last sentence doesnt support your claim, that "people kill people".

The hammer killed the man, the gun killed the man, the banana killed the man.

I can turn it like I want to, this argument is useless. Both are possible answers.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is intelligence overrated?

pludel2 - Mar 29

25 by deg »»
41 seconds ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

30 by deg »»
27 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

32 by Spunkert »»
35 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

12 by LoveLikeBlood »»
48 minutes ago

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 11 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.