Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
"Thanks for kicking him"

Damn, that conversation was awesome. It was so casual to the point :D
Aug 4, 2014 6:38 PM

Feb 2010
Haha, it resolved in the way which I didn't expect but it's so fitting for both of their characters. This is refreshing and intriguing.
Aug 4, 2014 11:07 PM

Jul 2013
Weird. Sad. Depressing. I agree the situation resolved itself from the previous chapter but it certainly continued the author's attempt at breaking them apart. It's almost like it's on simmer, never quite boiling. So the situation will get tense but then diffuse. Might be what the author is going for...though seriously I find the arguments for being busy quite weak. No one is that busy. So it could be a ploy, a tactic to see how he reacts. Weak mind games I suppose.
Aug 6, 2014 10:25 AM

Jun 2007
It went from Akio's rage-kick to him not being angry and Yoshino calmly telling Akio to go wait for her. A bit too cartoony / rom-com for a series that prides itself on real characters and relationship struggles, blended with humour. I expected Akio to be angry over Yoshino going out drinking with some guy when she has no time for him; instead he was chill. I also expected Yoshino to be angry over the random violence. Weird chapter.

Like Fred said, Yoshino's looking like a bitch with this whole long-distance plot, as well. Once every two months? No sex? Same for years?... It doesn't take much to figure out that they're going to split up and that Akio will probably screw that girl from the party he met earlier. No doubt they'll get back together by the end but... DRAMA.

Not fond of the direction Gonensei has gone in so far. It was the complete focus on Akio and Yoshino TOGETHER and their conversations that made Yonensei tick. I respected Yoshino for pushing Akio and Akio for trying to live up to her expectations. In Gonensei everything gets shat on as the leads are separated, just to make it into a more long-winded drama. Hopefully it returns to how Yonensei was..

Btw, is it just my or is the art less polished and appealing than in Yonensei? At first I thought it was just the scans but the more I read, the less attractive it looks. Which is weird when Yonensei made me dislike how the author went more otaku with his art style in Genshiken. Can't decide if I'm imagining it or not. All I know is, Yoshino looked far more cute and charming before.
Aug 6, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2013
AironicallyHuman said:

Btw, is it just my or is the art less polished and appealing than in Yonensei? At first I thought it was just the scans but the more I read, the less attractive it looks. Which is weird when Yonensei made me dislike how the author went more otaku with his art style in Genshiken. Can't decide if I'm imagining it or not. All I know is, Yoshino looked far more cute and charming before.

I compared them and there might be a slight difference., the eyes might be what's different between the two. I also noticed that the pictures have more white than grey in Yonensei.

Interesting.
Aug 6, 2014 5:12 PM

Jun 2007
When I tried comparing the scans, I noticed that Yoshino's face seemed like it was drawn... longer (seemed to be rounder in Yonensei more often) and, as you mentioned, the eyes. They seemed more reflective and prettier before.

I don't know: I'm bad at spotting/describing artistic differences but, in on some level, I detect it and it irks me. I think what might have happened is that Gonensei is where the author started changing his style / experimenting before Genshiken. Still kinda weird since Yonensi was finished in the year Gonensei started, though...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gonensei Chapter 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

5 by Pipimin »»
Jan 23, 7:18 AM

Poll: » Gonensei Chapter 27 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2014

3 by landofthekwt »»
May 25, 2018 10:23 AM

Poll: » Gonensei Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2014

3 by landofthekwt »»
May 25, 2018 10:02 AM

Poll: » Gonensei Chapter 29 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2014

9 by RightSaidFred »»
Aug 31, 2014 1:03 AM

Poll: » Gonensei Chapter 31 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2014

10 by live2win »»
Aug 30, 2014 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.