Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 15, 2014 6:58 PM

Dec 2008
So, Art is going around stealing everyone's minimums and keeping them for himself? Asshole!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 15, 2014 8:26 PM

Jan 2011
I'm thinking Art is trying to kill Nice because he know he'll stop him otherwise.
Jul 15, 2014 8:35 PM
Jul 2014
The second season's opening is in a whole different world from season 1's opening.

I did not expect this from Hamatora.They finally explained what happened to Nice. It looks like there is some buildup with Chiyuu & that family, along with Art's actions.Which means, a plot! His minimum power is painful to activate lol. Its pretty OP though.

I hope they will develop Art's motives. Maybe he's trying to make everyone 'normal' and fit in. I think the clipboard that Art showed Paper implied that minimum holders aren't naturally born with their powers. I'm imagining test subjects.

Young Art and Nice in the preview...hmm. I'm interested.
HuaXueJul 15, 2014 8:41 PM
Jul 16, 2014 9:52 AM

Jan 2012
The hell is Art doing >< He's seriously pissing me off here... so he took away their minimum... even though most of them are probably of that it still pisses me off oO
How can he even do that?
Jul 16, 2014 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
AikaKateshiki said:
I was right all along! During the first season I thought that maybe Art's Minimum had something to do with resurrection so that would explain why he couldn't display his abilities earlier. This also makes up for the fact that he didn't die when Moral "killed" him. Although, I was a little off track as it seems he possesses the Regeneration Minimum.
Looks like Art is stealing other holders' Minimums so that he could liberate them from their "sin". Did he catch some of Moral's madness? On the other hand, can it be contagious in the first place? (ᗒᗜᗕ)՛̵̖
Joke aside, I think I kind of get why he's doing it. Since Minimum Holders are discriminated against because of their abilities he's trying to free them of this burden by taking them away. This way they can be integrated back into normal society.
Whether I'm right or not about his motives, I sure am proud for somewhat estimating his true powers (a.k.a. guessing his Minimum).
By the way, if someone has already pointed this out I'm not trying to repeat their words but it's simply because I don't read all of the comments.

Ditto! Called when Moral "killed" him.
I would say he was immortal.
Unfortunately, my favorite normie (Art) is all cray cray. He went in the opposite direction of Moral but still...cray cray. No bueno.
Didn't expect the power draining thing though. Just suck out a little blood and voila! no more minimum...yeah okay. Inject yourself w/same blood and instantly know how to use a new/random minimum...yeah okay.

Paper guy was literally too cool for school...until he got owned..nah he's still awesome
Jul 17, 2014 5:08 PM
Mar 2009
I have mixed feelings about this episode.

It was nice to explain Art being still alive, and even nicer to see what happened on the ship at the end (although, really, why is he trying to kill Nice? Only Nice doesn't seem too puzzled about it....), but the "upgrades" to the graphics mostly take away from the story rather than add to it.

On the other hand, the pace has to be different since the major conflict was resolved in the past series... so I can enjoy it more if I just take it as a comical spin-off rather than an extension of the first season.
Jul 17, 2014 7:23 PM

Mar 2012
Damn, those transitions are getting more and more annoying with each use. Besides that, this was actually a really good episode.
Jul 17, 2014 8:51 PM

Jun 2013
Damn Art has a lot of determination I'm digging this season so far.
Jul 17, 2014 8:55 PM
Jan 2014
KumaKing said:
Damn Art has a lot of determination I'm digging this season so far.

This, I can't wait to see how far Art will go to achieve his goal. I feel like we are just scratching the surface with this guy.
Jul 18, 2014 9:47 AM

Nov 2013
really enjoyed this episode. the art mystery is really good imo
Jul 19, 2014 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
Nice episode, more questions answered. and we also got to see a new character - Paper.
Wonder what did Hajime mean about not wanting to go to the Facultas Academy.
ED was OK i guess. I liked the 1st season's ED better though.
Chiyuu..

And i spotted child Nice & Art in the preview! Next ep is going to be interesting.
Jul 19, 2014 8:27 PM
Aug 2011
I hate those fucking scene transitions, whose dumb idea was that? Terrible.

Anyway, Art died for your sins!
I don't know if I like or dislike him but he is more intriguing than Moral ever was that's for sure.

Murasaki is awesome. Why does no one talk about him? This makes me kind of sad...
Paper guy was really awesome too. He should have been part of the gang instead of Boobs-chan and her lion friend.

I don't see myself ever loving this show because it does a lot of things that bug me but i'm glad it's kind of answering some questions.
Jul 19, 2014 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
Why's everyone hating on the scene transitions? I like them, gives this series a No More Heroes vibe.
Jul 20, 2014 1:53 AM
Jan 2014
what a turn of events, is what i would like to say. but honestly i had a feeling it was going to turn out this way. Also have a feeling what arts plan was as well from before and here on out.
Jul 22, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
Full Metal Artimist

TravSavage said:
Damn, those transitions are getting more and more annoying with each use.

Yes, very overused.

ReaperCreeper said:
Why's everyone hating on the scene transitions? I like them, gives this series a No More Heroes vibe.

It disconnects the atmosphere IMO
Jul 26, 2014 6:57 PM

Jul 2009
Why Art got so crazy? Really, I used to like him, now I want him dead!
Jul 29, 2014 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
Scene transitions. I wish they'd stop.

Also, it's so obvious what Art is doing, he's stealing people's Minimums, it's like Sylar from Heroes. He's like Moral #2 with a more fucked up logic, either give them all power or take it all away.

I don't understand why though. I mean, Art seems less crazy than Moral. There is a greater motive behind that, isn't there?

This undeniable bromance between Art and Nice though.
Aug 9, 2014 5:18 AM

Aug 2014
Okay, so I understand that Art is stealing other people's Minimums, but I still don't understand why. And the whole "taking their sins" thing seems weird to me and I'm not sure if I believe it.
And Paper's Minimum is a really original and good idea in my opinion.
no signature because im too lazy to make one
Aug 25, 2014 10:52 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, that was actually really good. What a fast change, plus a lot of questions answered and some new ones raised.
I assume Art is trying to take all the Minimum powers.
Season is off to a good start.
Sep 22, 2014 11:52 PM

Jun 2011
That was a bit boring.. I shouldn't have read the review, that review pretty much spoiled it.

That limb severing tho.. Tokyo Ghoul should have done it this way.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 30, 2014 9:16 AM

Sep 2012
So everyone just pretend that Nice is dead, I see.
Art is getting all of the minimum and using it, that's why he didn't die when Moral killed him? Pretty awesome. How can they defeat him?
Why is Hajime scared to go to Facultas Academy?
Interesting episode, and Nice ED.
Oct 4, 2014 1:11 AM

Jul 2013
I kinda understand what Art is planning.. since he see the minimums as something like a sin, he's planing to remove those sins from the sinners, which are the minimum holders and carry those sins himself. So something along the lines of sacrificing himself for the equality of all.
Oct 16, 2014 5:16 AM
May 2012
Art shouldn't have cut his hair. So, he is now like Sylar from Heroes, huh.
That's awesome. I can already see what he is trying to do.
Them transitions are cool, but no need to use it every damn 2 minutes =_=
Ending song is nice~
Oct 17, 2014 7:54 PM

Aug 2013
The transitions aren't needed.. it's irritating. I thought it was only for the first episode.
So now Art wants to remove all of them ? This is just as ridiculous as the previous lol.
For some reason I hate taking away their minimum more than giving it.. although taking away doesn't kill.
Mr. Paper-san ogt K.O-ed like that. Tsk he was a cool guy such a bummer.
What's with Chiyuu anyway ? I never understands what she says..
Well I'm just waiting for Hajime-chan and Nice-kun's past.
Oct 19, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2013
orchidork said:
the 1st half of the episode was boring.

so art's minimum is to extract minimums from other minimum holders with those minimum holders no longer having a minimum. interesting.

those transition sequences are still irritating

thats not art's minimum lol
Aug 6, 2015 9:22 AM

May 2012
Quite interesting and intense, let's see what's next!
Sep 2, 2015 10:33 AM

Feb 2015
mayukachan said:
Full Metal Artimist

lol!

Tengai said:
Art shouldn't have cut his hair. So, he is now like Sylar from Heroes, huh

yea it is getting a little Heroes-y. thought that as well in S1 and the brains stuff. the new one looks even worse than S3 on up though >.<
-----
birthday stole the show here but WOW art! that's why you didn't die! he WAS a minimum holder after all! it all makes so much sense...*_* that twist was awesome, although i'm not sure why he's stealing powers. the theory is that he's taking away the powers to literally help others but why couldn't he take it out and burn the vials? why use it for himself?

and i was about to ask why nice bothered to spend 3 months alone last episode but it was answered here lol

also if someone you know and/or a friend wants to watch this show, i recommend you tell them to watch up to when art dies, go to the last minutes of ep12, and skip to this season (since they will most likely love art). the rest of S1, once you think about it, is pretty much useless in that respect.

i agree about the transitions, though. stop please.

more questions but i'm so glad i can finally give 'tora my love. the art scene was dark and intense, just wonderful. i just hope this quality keeps up. (PLEASE be a better finale!)5/5!
TomDaySep 2, 2015 5:52 PM
Apr 13, 2016 11:41 PM

Feb 2012
The transition guitar thing makes it horrible. Augh.
So Art's "liberating them from their sins" by extracting their Minimum, eh? I hope he doesn't die (for real this time), but......................

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Sep 3, 2017 7:19 PM

Jun 2016
The only words I can say after watching this episode: WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY ART!?!? What the fuck! Seriously,WHAT THE FUCK!?!?

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2014

140 by Mishiia »»
Mar 1, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2014

135 by niookookjo »»
Oct 27, 2022 1:23 PM

» The show's message is contradictory

AnimeJunki3 - Oct 9, 2021

1 by Yatsu1689 »»
Oct 10, 2021 6:28 AM

» Is Hamatora a shonen or a seinen?

Sherlupin - Sep 9, 2014

7 by kari-ya »»
Sep 7, 2021 11:30 AM

Poll: » Re:␣Hamatora Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2014

45 by DeathMitaka »»
Apr 28, 2018 8:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.