Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2014 1:52 PM

Mar 2008
SolviteSekai said:
Apparently I'm lying.

http://vndb.org/v5916

Fucking look at the tags and educate yourselves.

I don't think you have the right to tell me what to do, especially after I have played the game a few times now and have significant knowledge of what it is about.
Jul 6, 2014 1:52 PM

May 2013
idk why people are complaining about the anime, since we weren't expecting that much since the beginning? (me, at least)
I really liked the art, it seems better than in the PV, I also liked the way they did the story and the memories of Koujaku and Aoba were something unexpected to me (i really liked little Aoba in the anime) it just showed that even maybe doing the True End they will put some of the characters stories in the anime, which is good. idk, in my opinion was good, not amazing but wasn't garbage too. Let's just hope they don't turn this into a TnC in the next episodes... The only thing I wonder is: will we see Clear without his mask? That's all I want to see!
Jul 6, 2014 1:58 PM
May 2008
TotallyLovable said:
lucario2049 said:

But doEsn't Usui also haVE male voice in the VN?

It's actually never mentioned whether Usui has male or female, or any voice at all. But it would be more reasonable, since it has a female body to have a voice that matches, isn't it?
(Actually I thought Usui doesn't speak at all while I was playing the game)

It was said in the VN that despite Usui's female appearance they spoke with the voice of a man.
Haruka-SDJan 16, 2017 12:14 PM
Jul 6, 2014 2:00 PM

Apr 2008
SolviteSekai said:
Apparently I'm lying.

What about the tags? I don't see a "high amounts of rape" tag, which vndb does have and uses where appropriate. I really doubt any BL will make it into the anime at all.
Jul 6, 2014 2:05 PM

Jul 2008
SolviteSekai said:
Apparently I'm lying.

People with no knowledge, should stop embarrassing themselves on the Internet. Looking up the game on the Visual Novel Database means nothing compared to people like us who have obviously played the game and know what we are talking about. Also, let me educate you, since you obviously need it: anal sex does not equal rape.
Jul 6, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2014
It wasn't half bad. I'll stick around for a few more episodes and see how this goes.
Jul 6, 2014 2:07 PM

Oct 2013
That was almost disappointing. The animation was decent and it was cool seeing it in animation form, but I feel like fans of the VN will be greatly disappointed.

And people who are jumping in for the first time... wow, do I feel bad. There is a lot of information being thrown in at this point so it is probably really overwhelming for some.

Another thing... some aspects are changed, like with the game download. It seems a lot more insignificant than it really is... in the game, you're kind of forced to look at it, but in the anime they play it out in about 5 seconds. Gone and forgotten.

Well, I'm still keeping this, just because I have to see how the anime will adapt, but I'm not expecting much.
Jul 6, 2014 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
well it was a bit confusing and the characters all seemed queer
it really didn't live up to my expectations, but i will keep watching just because i am curious about what is this turning out into

but seriously, no homo
Jul 6, 2014 2:23 PM

Feb 2010
TotallyLovable said:
SolviteSekai said:
Yeah this wont be shounen-ai.

This game is yaoi. With anal sex and from what ive heard, a large amount of rape.

Large amount of rape?! L0Lwut, don't make me laugh. There is only one rape scene in the whole game.
Plus, this won't even touch the case of a BL. I don't know how can anyone have any hopes for seeing any "action"at all. Get real, people.

Aren't there at least 2 or 3 in Mink's route? <.<; I lost track. Also there is the bad ending in the "true" route that counts for one more.
Usui's voice was also male in the game, though? I'm pretty sure even Aoba points out that it's weird.

As for the episode itself.. animation is not particularly good or bad, some derp faces here and there.. I think the OP/ED animations were extremely underwhelming, possibly even boring. The songs were fine on their own but they're not really exciting as theme songs. Overall I think the episode was okay, but definitely not great. It's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. XD The pacing is kinda weird, though. But eh, I enjoyed it.
rodacJul 7, 2014 3:20 PM
Jul 6, 2014 2:24 PM

Nov 2008
Not that it's any big achievement, but I guess they aren't screwing up the common route too badly so far. I can only imagine the anime getting messier as it goes on...

People here jumping ship because it's based on a yaoi game, though... not that you'll be missing out on anime of the year or anything, but y'all need to broaden your horizons a bit.
Jul 6, 2014 2:27 PM

Mar 2008
Dokunoaji said:

Aren't there at least 2 or 3 in Mink's route? <.<; I lost track. Also there is the bad ending in the "true" route that counts for one more.

I am quite sure that the first time Aoba, himself, was a willing subject, going so far as to beg Mink. I don't remember the other two times but as long as "dark" Aoba is out, I don't think it really counts. So I think only one of the times can really qualify as a rape. O.O

EDIT: It's true that there was rape in Ren's bad ending, though.
Penguin-MusumeJul 6, 2014 2:31 PM
Jul 6, 2014 2:31 PM

Feb 2010
Penguin-Musume said:

I am quite sure that the first time Aoba, himself, was a willing subject, going so far as to beg Mink. I don't remember the other two times but as long as "dark" Aoba is out, I don't think it really counts. So I think only one of the times can really qualify as a rape. O.O

Ahh that's right I forgot about the first time in the club! But I dunno, I had to turn off the sound because I couldn't stand hearing Aoba screaming and whatnot. I think 'he' came out at least once though you're right. o:
Jul 6, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2014
TotallyLovable said:
It's actually never mentioned whether Usui has male or female, or any voice at all. But it would be more reasonable, since it has a female body to have a voice that matches, isn't it?
(Actually I thought Usui doesn't speak at all while I was playing the game)

Actually Usui does speak in the game, the exact same voice as the anime actually! It just wasn't very obvious it was coming out of Usui since it's not like his/her avatar has a speaking icon.

Also technically Usui would be male, due to... uh...spoilers. xD
Jul 6, 2014 2:37 PM

Feb 2010
Ooh and about Ren! His tongue is always sticking out like that actually, except in his 'angry' sprite. It's pretty cute.. was actually kinda happy they included that detail.

Jul 6, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2012
seems good, dont like the 80s fashion
Jul 6, 2014 2:47 PM

Jan 2012
It was pretty nice imo ^^

Ren online form is so cool lol
Jul 6, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2011
Ok.. this ep didn't tell me much. Hope it will have actual plot, and won't be a piece of crap like mekakucity..
7/10 for a good start, but it didn't deserve it.
Jul 6, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2014
fishergirl16 said:
Hopefully the next episode has a more clear direction.

OH I HOPE IT MOST CERTAINLY WILL! (Even though that wasn't what you meant tee hee)
Clear is absolutely my favourite character and he is the cutest fucking thing and it's such a shame he was the only one of the guys that didn't get any lines in this episode. (Just some of his amazing sooper roof angst as per usual).
He's like a mix between Xerxes Break from Pandora and Kaworu from Evangelion. Kawaiiiiiiiiiiiii!

But in terms of it being an anime, I can imagine people who haven't played the game being very, very, very confused atm as to WTF is going on.
There was a lot less background development and they kind of crammed many of the initial scenes together, whereas in the game you get a lot of extra detail and it starts more slowly... About Allmates, Platinum Jail, the two different games etc...

WOW though what fast pacing at this rate I think we could see most of the game plot covered! But if Aoba ends up with someone and it's not Clear I shall be so pissed

How many episodes is it going to be though? 24 or 12? I thought it was going to be 12 but Myanimelist is making me uncertain by not having numbers. Hopefully we will all get some A*** yaoi by the end though
Jul 6, 2014 2:49 PM

Jul 2008
I think "that cute detail" looks plain weird. Also, his tongue doesn't stick out all the time.
And yeah, since I'm tired of being quoted, I'll just say I might have missed Aoba's little remark on Usui's voice, since in Japanese every word has dozens of meanings. English patches are alright for those who have no other option but to have someone else translate for them and I'm really sorry for you.
Jul 6, 2014 2:53 PM

Aug 2012
can't wait for clear!
Jul 6, 2014 3:00 PM

Feb 2010
It does, though? Just go look at the CGs. o.o
But uh, I've played the game in Japanese as well so.. whatever. No need to be so rude about a misunderstanding.
Jul 6, 2014 3:12 PM

Jun 2012
It seems pretty alright. A little fast paced I think, but hey they gotta squeeze the whole story into one season. I was a little disappointed that my babies Noiz and Clear didn't make an appearance yet. Now I gotta wait another week. :6
Just waiting y’know...for death. If you also are waiting for sweet death...cool (・u・)
My list that has slightly more watched than PTW anime.
Jul 6, 2014 3:13 PM

Dec 2012
Ughh the animation looks disgusting to me ; _ ; at least the story goes decent.

Baby Aoba is a gift from heavens.

I don't expect too much... the game is amazing and it'll always be better than this.
Jul 6, 2014 3:13 PM

Jun 2010
It's pretty fast, but that's what happens since, with the game you click as your leisure to continue forward, while on TV, it needs to keep flowing else it'll be too much of a drag. Sure, there are some errors, but not enough for me to drop it.

I'm just hoping it's not another flop like what happened with TnC anime. That was...pretty bad, to put it nicely.
Jul 6, 2014 3:35 PM

Jan 2011
Im just happy that the graphics are prefect~
Jul 6, 2014 3:55 PM

Oct 2009
fishergirl16 said:

Oh my, they're really hot.

Anyone else think of DBZ with these dudes?

Yeah that's my thoughts too! I'm not sure whether this adaptation follows the beginning of the VN faithfully, but art and animation-wise it's really a splendid job! I love this animation studio already! Thanks for the cap-I have my eyes set on Virus, aka the megane guy. Also I have my eyes set on the guy wearing the gas mask - his name is Clear.

I didn't expect to see child!Aoba so fast and wow the anime version was much more adorable than the CG one. >_<

I think Aoba has lost his memories and was once a formidable Rhyme player and maybe the guy challenging him knew his identity and just wanted to confirm that. But srsly an usagi army XD This guy is dangerous!

OP & ED were...meh. It's too techno for my tastes, but I guess it fits the show.
Jul 6, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
it is progressing a bit too fast in comparison to the game.

i sense bl already.

EternalStarlight said:
Im just happy that the graphics are prefect~

the animation were strange though
esp. the walking

Mod Note: Double post combined.
rodacJul 7, 2014 3:21 PM
Jul 6, 2014 4:18 PM

Nov 2012
Yep, another half-assed vn adaptation.
I guess I'll stick to the game, episode one was disappointingly mediocre.
Jul 6, 2014 4:21 PM

Jul 2011
hey, it wasn't that bad~

for the ones that already played the game, don't you think the story is going in a way too fast?. But i loved the fact that all the characters made their appearances already, however i'm wondering which route are the going to follow;;;;

knowing that the anime isn't going to be yaoi is disappointing me, but i hope they at least give us some eyecandy~ (or maybe it will be a letdown like togainu no chi?) /wails

prays for clear's routeლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

Jul 6, 2014 4:29 PM
Jan 2010
fishergirl16 said:

We basically just met all the characters this episode, in one way or another. Hopefully the next episode has a more clear direction.
Hehe, the bunnies at the end are too adorable. :3
Weird ED.

dat unintentional pun

Crunchyroll has picked this up so hopefully that will attract potential viewers outside Japan ^_^

The episode was a lot better than I expected it was going to be. The animation was really great (besides a few questionable shots of people in some scenes like the first Rhyme battle) and did a pretty good job at introducing all the characters we need to know for now.

The only thing I'm worried about is how this will attract non-players outside those who play the game already.

Still hoping for a surprise BL moment at some point towards the end of the series...

And also, are we all assuming that the anime will portray the plot after Mizuki's capture considering Sei's silhouette is in the opening? I hope they've broken it up into two seasons with 12 each so they can focus on the Rhyme arc in the first and the Platinum Jail arc in the second (which will be interesting to see who they go with!)
Jul 6, 2014 4:35 PM
Jan 2010
masaomimegane said:
hey, it wasn't that bad~

for the ones that already played the game, don't you think the story is going in a way too fast?. But i loved the fact that all the characters made their appearances already, however i'm wondering which route are the going to follow;;;;

knowing that the anime isn't going to be yaoi is disappointing me, but i hope they at least give us some eyecandy~ (or maybe it will be a letdown like togainu no chi?) /wails

prays for clear's routeლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

I'm guessing we're only getting like 12 episodes and considering they seem to be covering the Platinum Jail arc as well, then that might be why it's going so fast. We might already be done with Mizuki by Episode 6-7.
Jul 6, 2014 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
YurikoRaine said:
Them boys need to reconsider their fashion sense.

It's the future, the fashion is going to be .... different lol
Jul 6, 2014 4:42 PM

Nov 2007
DarkDooM2 said:
Eh, that was lame. I should get rid of my habit of trying out almost every anime in a season...

3/10 dropped

and while you are at it...you should also get rid off of your habit to give anime shit score after just one episode:/

People scoring anime after one or few episodes are goddamn plague.

Anyway,some of you here need to calm their tits down.
Yes,Usui's voice is male in the game as well. "Usui's most noticable asset is her surprisingly deep, masculine voice".
Also,DMMD has certainly more than just one rape scene. I am DMMD fan but i am not going to pretend Nitrochiral doesn't have some very twisted games under their belts...and that's ok,i like them twisted. As long as you can differentiate between fiction and reality...
I can't even imagine all the shit that would be going down if there was Sweet Pool anime...wait...*snorts*

Important thing is,my dear children...lower you fckn expectations and then you will be happy just with the fact,the game even got animated.
Jul 6, 2014 4:51 PM

Dec 2010
Black_wind said:
DarkDooM2 said:
Eh, that was lame. I should get rid of my habit of trying out almost every anime in a season...

3/10 dropped

and while you are at it...you should also get rid off of your habit to give anime shit score after just one episode:/

People scoring anime after one or few episodes are goddamn plague.

People scoring animes after only one episode is all fine and dandy if you drop them at that episode. You don't intend to watch anymore so that's all you base your opinion off of.
Jul 6, 2014 5:05 PM
Apr 2014
It was OK but disappointing.. Eventhough I didn't play the game, I was expecting a decent anime. Or maybe because it is too fast (like many people claimed) so the story is a bit confusing & difficult to follow. (And honestly I skipped a lot while watching).

Furthermore, techno/futuristic things aren't really my cup of tea.
Jul 6, 2014 5:13 PM

Feb 2008
I gotta say, Akushima is as annoying as in the VN Lol

Jul 6, 2014 5:14 PM
Jan 2013
Hm. I'm not really sure about this anime. I've never played the game so this episode was really confusing, and didn't hook me.

It's necessary to do that in the first episode, especially for people like me who've never played DRAMAtical Murder.

TBH though the reason I checked it out was because I heard it was based on a BL game. Here, though, it seems unlikely to even get any shonen-ai.

But hey, I'll give it another chance. I'll see if second episode's any better.

Animation really sucks at some points. And what is with the character anatomy? Aoba's butt looks smaller than the bottom of his legs. At least there's no yaoi hands lol.

Now I really want to play the game though. I'll definitely download it sometime.
Jul 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Dec 2013
Gonna give this one a couple more episodes before I make any decisions, but looks like it'll be on the dropped list for this season.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 6, 2014 5:29 PM

Feb 2011
It was obvious from the start that this adaptation isn't going to be epic so...

The OP and ED are ridiculously underwhelming. The animation isn't mediocre but the whole thing seemed really fast, empty and random. They didn't show us how much of a BAMF Koujaku is and Aoba bumping into Mink was really lame. Not feeling the feel of the game. I don't know whether I'm going to watch the whole thing even though I liked the VN a lot.

Still not as bad as I expected it to be though.
RainbowEaterJul 6, 2014 5:33 PM
Jul 6, 2014 6:29 PM
Jun 2012
RainbowEater said:
It was obvious from the start that this adaptation isn't going to be epic so...

The OP and ED are ridiculously underwhelming. The animation isn't mediocre but the whole thing seemed really fast, empty and random. They didn't show us how much of a BAMF Koujaku is and Aoba bumping into Mink was really lame. Not feeling the feel of the game. I don't know whether I'm going to watch the whole thing even though I liked the VN a lot.

Still not as bad as I expected it to be though.

I agree about the soundtrack, but the animation was better than I had been expecting... in fact I thought the pv and opening (which is what I based my expectations on) had worse animation than the episode itself. I also agree it felt rushed, but for them to fit everything in a 12 ep show it's necessary. I was actually happy with their choices of what to include what to exclude, and think they got a lot of details from the game in, despite how little time there was to appreciate them.
Jul 6, 2014 6:46 PM

Feb 2008
Some reviews are so full of hate somehow, at least they get deleted after they get reported o.o

Jul 6, 2014 6:48 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Nice bgm, it really works well with the worldbuilding. Other than that...it was okay. Nothing too exciting and it does seem a little fast. I kind of laughed when in the beginning, Aoba said that another person complimented on his voice again. His voice isn't really that great imo, it's pretty normal. That's just me though. Hmm other than that, I am interested in this Rhyme game and in seeing what Aoba has up his poofy sleeves.
Jul 6, 2014 7:01 PM

Jun 2014
Not bad. Their outfits are probably going to be bothering me the whole series though.
Jul 6, 2014 7:03 PM

Jun 2014
So I liked the episode!

Have no clue what DRAMAtical Murder is really about, but it seemed pretty cool and the guys are really good looking!

I will watch a few more episodes to see if it keeps my attention or if it stays too vague for me.
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Jul 6, 2014 7:22 PM

Aug 2011
Definitely not as bad as I was expecting. The animation could be better, but well, this is a new studio we're looking at who doesn't have the backing of any other studio (I believe). The OP animation was kinda corny... but ahh whatever. It really wasn't that bad.
Jul 6, 2014 7:28 PM

Jul 2011
Aoba's clothes makes me a little uncomfortable but it was good to see him and everyone else animated. Well i only played the VN until the begining of clear's route but the episode was ok for me (very rushed but the prologue at the VN was really slow and sometimes boring for me) i'll just wait to see if this i'll be decent and explain things better. and pray for a shounen-ai hint at least
Jul 6, 2014 7:52 PM

Apr 2010
This was a little bag of disappointment. . . For someone who had played the game; I felt an urge to skip. It's understandable how they altered scenes where you had choices and put on others. But it makes me wonder? How will they fit the rest in 12 episodes? I think the pace is too quick.

And I'm sure the ending will be confusing. And there won't be any routes. . .

What bothers me is that I'd never probably get to see Clear without his mask!
Jul 6, 2014 8:17 PM

Jul 2010
Rueby said:

What bothers me is that I'd never probably get to see Clear without his mask!

Yeah, same.
Jul 6, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
I only watched this episode b/c ppl said it was Yaoi and Shounen Ai. There's nothing Yaoi or Shounen Ai about this.

This was terrible. Absolutely terrible. The characters look as if they're in a boy band. That game is an even more mediocre version of SAO. Talking animals? Dropped. I can't watch a whole show of this.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jul 6, 2014 8:26 PM

Jan 2008
A total of 6 girls spotted. One's a kid, two were generic background characters, 2 more were ugly/old, and the last is a virtual avatar controlled by a man. Every other character is a good-looking young man.

Yup, this show is dropped. Definitely not my cup of tea, since it's geared towards fujoshi.

I think the only reason I even made it to the end of the episode is because I actually liked the funky music. Maybe I'll get the OST when it comes out, but I'll be skipping this series.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Aug 24, 2014

62 by girlsbravofan06 »»
Jun 2, 2023 10:54 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Jul 13, 2014

74 by RVTempest »»
May 7, 2023 1:11 PM

» Dramatical Murder New Webtoon Adaptation

Destinesia - Feb 1, 2023

2 by DxvilTears »»
Feb 3, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

onoda - Sep 21, 2014

74 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 11, 2023 3:25 PM

Poll: » DRAMAtical Murder Episode 11 Discussion

onoda - Sep 14, 2014

23 by ann_sordo »»
Jul 12, 2022 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.