Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2014 10:17 AM
Aug 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Hey , the subs are finally out I was so happy when i saw that.
I really loved the movie , it was intense and funny at the same time.
The plot itself was really interesting , I loved how Lupin's team and Conan's team were so familiar.
Especially loved all those "climax" scene, and the OST was amazing.
Now that I saw the animation of that movie , I just can't wait for the movie 18 !

10/10 !
Jul 4, 2014 11:52 AM

May 2012
Damn this movie looked amazing and the beginning made me and my sis die laughing... Hopefully in the recent years we would be getting Lupin only movies like this... Some of the DC parts were so fucking random like quite often seems to happen in the movies, but lol. I thought it was great nevertheless.
Jul 4, 2014 1:06 PM
Dec 2011
This was definitely better than the TV special from a few years ago. Felt more like a real crossover this time. I don't know much about Conan, but I can say that the Lupin side was handled very faithfully.

The only thing that brings down the movie for me is the stuff with Emilio and his manager. They don't really add anything to the story other than being plot devices. Was just having Lupin go to Japan to want to steal some treasure not good enough?

Beyond that, it was a fantastic movie with a good mix of action and comedy. Animation and music were great. The interactions between the characters from both series were done really well and it was entertaining to see all the characters play off each other.
Jul 4, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2013
How did they figure out Haibara was Sherry? If I remember it right she wasn't in the last special where they figured Conan out.

Beside that great movie. These two franchises really fit well together. Couldn't stop laughing at some scenes. I hope there will be another one since we are not going to get the Lupin vs Kaito Kid movie. Too bad...
Jul 4, 2014 6:54 PM
Jul 2014
I feel really stupid for not watching the TV special beforehand. Regardless, it was a great movie. The interactions were natural and not awkward. It felt like the two series were actually part of one.

Loved that joke at the end too. I kinda want a Lupin vs Kaito movie now.
Jul 5, 2014 4:35 AM

Jun 2010
I wish the Kaito Kid vs Lupin III would really happen lol
Jul 5, 2014 11:14 AM

Sep 2013
That beginning scene was goooooood XD
Goemon didn't get enough screen time in the special and this movie too :(
Jugen is Conan's real papa ;)

So the special tied in with the movie :O didn't expect that :)

MORE! :D
Jul 5, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2012
After the trailer I really expected to see much more of Kaito Kid :C
But nonetheless it was an awesome movie (^-^)/
(and god dammit, I really want this lupin vs. kaito kid movie!! XD)

Just what was it with Sato and Lupin being her first love? That was so random of her... I didn't get it. Did she really mean it or did she just want to arrest him... for whatever reason?
Jul 7, 2014 5:50 AM

Feb 2013
Conversation between Conan & Jigen was just so fuckin awesome!

post-credit scene... how fucking dare they are to tease us like that. Shit gave me goosebumps for a joke T T
Jul 7, 2014 7:16 AM

May 2012
VanyllaChan said:
After the trailer I really expected to see much more of Kaito Kid :C
But nonetheless it was an awesome movie (^-^)/
(and god dammit, I really want this lupin vs. kaito kid movie!! XD)

Just what was it with Sato and Lupin being her first love? That was so random of her... I didn't get it. Did she really mean it or did she just want to arrest him... for whatever reason?
I think that was mentioned in the 11th movie about Sato having a crush on Lupin or something.
Jul 8, 2014 12:44 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, we have to wait until 2020 for Lupin the 3rd VS Kid the Phantom Thief? I can't tell if this is serious or serious, because Conan asked if this was a joke.

If there is going to be another movie, I hope we don't have to wait that long.

I was surprisingly satisfied with this movie, since it's usually following the fomula of Conan saving Ran from immenant danger, usually a bomb. At least this time this time it wasn't a bomb, but from falling off a building.

I also noticed Sato's Iphone lockscreen wallpaper was updated with more vibrant colours and slightly different design compared to when they first showed it in Metropolitan Police Detective Love Story - Fake Wedding (ep449)
Ep 449 Scene:

Ep 449 Poster:

Movie:
Estoy_GordoJul 8, 2014 1:35 PM
Jul 8, 2014 8:12 PM

Aug 2008
Can we just take a minute to talk about THAT Zenigata line?

I get that forever they've been trying to play up that relationship for fans to ship, but really. That was just so in your face. Unless I'm mistranslating (and so is the subber)? I mean, certainly, different connotations could be attributed to the line, but the word they used was so strong. I'm interested to see how that will be dubbed.
Jul 11, 2014 5:13 PM

Oct 2010
-MgZ_ said:
I wish the Kaito Kid vs Lupin III would really happen lol

I know right they teased us at the beginning only to piss me the hell off. Well the movie was average. Lupin is one of my all time favorite characters i dont like Conan.

it should be a Kindaichi vs Conan movie and Lupin vs Kaito one.

If they did a Kaito Kid vs Lupin III movie. I would like them have a competition who can still the most diamonds/rubys.

jealousghost said:
Can we just take a minute to talk about THAT Zenigata line?

I get that forever they've been trying to play up that relationship for fans to ship, but really. That was just so in your face. Unless I'm mistranslating (and so is the subber)? I mean, certainly, different connotations could be attributed to the line, but the word they used was so strong. I'm interested to see how that will be dubbed.

Well I hope you mean it in a gay sense. They have like the best love hate relationship. If Zenigata wasnt chasing Lupin would continue stealing. I recall him saying it before said it brings out the fun and adventure. Plus Zenigata can catch Lupin he just love the fun to just wont say it. I mean in the movie they was calling him Toto-san which was really weird to me. In all other movies/tv series Lupin and the gang always call him Pops or Zenigata.
bonifideJul 11, 2014 5:18 PM
Jul 13, 2014 10:03 AM

Oct 2007
I have a feeling they weren't joking with that last bit about the Kid vs Lupin movie XD But they were joking about the year it would be aired in!

Anyways! Great movie as always! Loved all the action packed scenes X3
Jul 22, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2012
Enjoyed watching this, was fun but I didn't care much for Emilio tbh :/
Still, loved seeing the cast interact!
Acakes said:
I have a feeling they weren't joking with that last bit about the Kid vs Lupin movie XD But they were joking about the year it would be aired in!

Anyways! Great movie as always! Loved all the action packed scenes X3

I hope so!! >_<
5 or so years of waiting would be too long!!! D:
Jul 22, 2014 9:18 PM
Sep 2012
This made me put a big smile on my face because of what happened at that moment. :)

LinkmstrJul 22, 2014 9:35 PM
Jul 23, 2014 11:28 AM

Apr 2012
I loved every minute and the end was awesome. Kid got his revenge. I wouldn't mind seeing a third movie/special :D
Aug 6, 2014 1:25 AM

Jun 2010
The Lupin stuff was great; much better than the awful TV specials of the last few years. Lupin's escape with the jewel was typically good physical comedy. The Conan stuff was typically trite.

I especially enjoyed the number of times it poked fun at itself, like when Jigen mocked Conan's catchphrase or when Ran and Sonoko said "What's going on?" four times in a row.

Zenigata didn't get to do much, but I liked the way he was used for deadpan comedy. When it comes to comedy Zenigata is usually much goofier so this was an interesting change of pace, but I wonder if a franchise as constipated as Conan maybe just couldn't take depicting a police officer as a bumbling buffoon. I'm just speculating, though.
Aug 6, 2014 5:20 PM

Feb 2011
Honestly I expected it to be better than the TV special but not THIS MUCH better :O Compared to the movie, the TV special is merely just a warm-up for the real deal.

Absolutely everything was done so well that I really have no complaints whatsoever. Every character got a good amount of screentime, the story was nicely done, the animation was great and even the jokes worked well. Nope, I've got no complaints. 10/10.

Now if only Lupin III VS Kaitou Kid would really happen, lol. I'd love to see more Lupin/Conan crossovers because this one was fantastic.
Aug 11, 2014 4:13 PM

Feb 2014
"Papa is sorry." one of the best lines in the movie lol

wish Lupin III vs Kaito Kid wasn't jus a joke ;(

9/10 for me, tho the cast for Emilio and the staff was meh :/

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Sep 13, 2014 12:16 AM

May 2013
I didn't care much about the main story involving the cherry sapphire and Alan Smithee as it was uninteresting. However, the interactions between the Lupin III characters and the Detective Conan characters were very entertaining. Conan's and Jigen's interactions were the most memorable. That made the movie entertaining.

This gets a 7/10 from me.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Sep 20, 2014 5:27 PM

Jan 2012
the characters are acting really stupid and in different way IMO

two different styles of animation.

its not the usual serious conan like in others movies

Sep 30, 2014 1:44 PM
Mar 2011
Poor Fujiko. Why does she get every time a new face? She was the one that changed the most from S1 to S2 and now they do it again... I think the best one was from S1.
Oct 27, 2014 9:26 AM

Aug 2013
I expected better.. the 2009's special was better than this one.
Jan 31, 2015 2:11 AM

Dec 2014
yeah some character dsigns sightly changed. but it was funny though XD Conan and JIgen
May 30, 2015 11:31 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
morshuwarrior said:
Honestly I expected it to be better than the TV special but not THIS MUCH better :O Compared to the movie, the TV special is merely just a warm-up for the real deal.

Absolutely everything was done so well that I really have no complaints whatsoever. Every character got a good amount of screentime, the story was nicely done, the animation was great and even the jokes worked well. Nope, I've got no complaints. 10/10.

Now if only Lupin III VS Kaitou Kid would really happen, lol. I'd love to see more Lupin/Conan crossovers because this one was fantastic.
THIS MOVIE WAS FANTASTIC !!! AND SO MUCH GOOD JOKES AND MYSTERY AND GOOD EVERYTHING !!! THE SPECIAL WAS JUST A WARM-UP !

SPOT ON !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 9, 2015 4:56 AM

Nov 2014
Pretty cool, wish Kid made an appearance.

Sep 29, 2015 3:00 PM

May 2014
This was funny as hell, I loved every single moment of it.

9/10! That last moment with KID had me rolling XD

Oct 3, 2015 9:58 AM

Dec 2014
10/10 SUPERB (Y)
Oct 25, 2015 2:09 AM

Nov 2011
YES

MORE CONAN AND PAPA JIGEN MOMENTS

AND THE ANIMATION JESUS CHRIST
DAMN SON!

#delivered

A bit confusing, but SO fucking worth it. GREAT to see Haibara, the doc, and the kids.
We better get a Lupin vs. Kid movie.

k11chi said:
I think that was mentioned in the 11th movie about Sato having a crush on Lupin or something.

SO IT WAS PREMEDITATED MANG???
Feb 18, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2008
Conan and Jigen are far better than Conan and Lupin. Aside from the convoluted villain, this was great.

I give a 7/10.
Feb 20, 2018 10:34 AM

Feb 2014
Teasing Lupin vs Kid like that is just mean :(
Apr 20, 2018 4:30 AM
Apr 2018
This is like a lame copy of the first film with less plot and more nonsensical action scenes. They could have at least tried to add some novelty by having Conan becoming Shinichi or having Gin or Vermouth in the film.
Apr 29, 2018 6:30 PM

Jul 2012
Super fun but the plot was kinda ??? lol
The thrill, action and twists were off the chart thankfully.

Giving this a 7/10.

Seriously though, where is that Lupin III x Kaito Kid movie? We need that!

This was the last Conan thing I haven't watched yet. Now I'm done all the movies, all the specials and all the current episodes. I'm sad :(
Time for Kindaichi.

zetsu_shoren said:
YES

MORE CONAN AND PAPA JIGEN MOMENTS

THIS
Mar 31, 2019 8:40 AM

Oct 2012
Haha Papa Jigen
That pun about acidic and the third (Sansei)

See? Zenigata also love Lupin, he said it himself! xD
Haha that dog with Lupin's face

I know for sure now that Kogorou(?) is a pervert like Saeba Ryo.. which is perfect voice xD

Habara Ai, she proved that she's better woman than Fujiko Mine :P
Oh nvm
"Just like how you betrayed your former organization"
Ouch

Betrayal is woman's accessory indeed xD

2020 guys! It's near
No I don't accept it as joke if they included the year
Rayl1ghtMar 31, 2019 8:46 AM
"Signature removed"
Dec 19, 2019 12:31 AM

Aug 2018
I found the plot somewhat "meh", to say the least. Or maybe it was I who got distracted and lost track of what was going on. Anyways, it was only the animation (which was great as usual) and a new, much better OST combined with the comical elements that salvaged the movie for me.

But, it was still better than the Special. Now that we're close to 2020, I really wish for a Lupin III vs Kaitou Kid movie.
Jul 1, 2021 1:55 PM

Aug 2018
This is one of the best Detective Conan movie I watched it was fun and it was awesome 8 out of 10
Jul 9, 2022 11:15 PM

Nov 2021
Like in the previous movie, Jigen and Conan's relationship is unmatchable.

I want that Kaito v Lupin so bad.
neeJayJul 9, 2022 11:20 PM

Feb 18, 2023 5:42 AM

Oct 2021
Mann, awesome movie, legit this is my first crossover movie and i loved it, i love both conan and lupin, there so many references of both franchises. This is not best but did a better job putting 2 worlds together, The comedy of lupin, the 100 iq play of conan, it was good, A good one time watch movie. But the end kinda not satisfied me. I felt like it that's it. But overall a good enjoyable movie. TMS entertainment did good job.
And btw
Rating g???
Wtf is this Myanimelist💀💀💀
JayPatel1304Feb 18, 2023 5:46 AM
Mar 6, 2023 8:09 PM
Nov 2015
man it’s 2023 and no lupin iii vs kaito kid movie

they sure teased us well :’)

or maybe bcs the creator Monkey Punch died? :(
Jul 3, 2023 8:43 PM
Jul 2023
interesting collaboration between conan and lupin III

More topics from this board

» Can you watch this movie without watching the TV special?

MrYandereFan26 - Jan 3, 2022

6 by MonEspritLibre »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

» Any idea when a sub of this will be out?

Yukito097 - Jan 26, 2014

14 by AnimeObasan »»
Jul 9, 2014 9:47 AM

» Full Trailer for Lupin III vs. Detective Conan: The Movie

Conan_Kudo - Sep 20, 2013

2 by Space_Creation »»
Dec 20, 2013 5:42 AM

» Lupin III vs. Detective Conan Movie Second Teaser

Conan_Kudo - Jul 14, 2013

5 by ToG25thBaam »»
Nov 26, 2013 5:46 AM

» Lupin III vs. Detective Conan Movie First Teaser

dietmango - May 19, 2013

7 by Mayuka »»
Jul 12, 2013 7:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.